May 16 - The US Economy is so desperate they're faking a trade war to sell school supplies

most viewed right now
-26  66
39 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 days ago '04        #1
1569 page views
69 comments

Exs 430 heat pts430
space
space
$13,015 | Props total: 29500 29500
May 16 - The US Economy is so desperate they're faking a trade war to sell school supplies

Note from OP: Controlled consumer based revenue burst. Look how easy it for the government to tell you what to buy

Going to the store is about to get a lot more expensive.

As trade tensions between the U.S. and China escalate, with both sides increasing tariffs on a widening selection of products, American consumers will see higher prices as soon as this summer.

Tariffs on goods traded between the U.S. and China have already increased in several stages since early 2018. Now, President Donald Trump has added a 25 percent tariff (up from his original proposal of 10 percent) on another $200 billion worth of Chinese imports, and China hit back with 25 percent duties on another $60 billion worth of U.S. goods.

Buy that iPhone or TV now

To get ahead of the next waves of tariffs, Russ recommends buying some items now, if possible — such as backpacks and other back-to-school supplies — rather than holding off until later in the year.

“If you were planning a large purchase six weeks from now, you may want to make that purchase today,” French said. Still, many Americans don’t have that kind of disposable income on hand, he added.

“It’s just getting more expensive,” added Michael Bonebright, a senior blog editor at comparison shopping site DealNews.

For example, “I would immediately buy a smartphone, rather than wait until Black Friday,” he said. The price for a new iPhone could rise by around $160, analysts estimate.

There will be a similar impact on TVs, Bonebright said. “Fifty-five-inch flat screens are at a historic low, which tells me those prices are going to go up.”

Of course, the same rule applies for everyday purchases, where consumers will be harder hit, such as frozen food and paper goods, including diapers and paper towels.

“Stock up now, so you don’t get sticker shock two or three months down the line,” Bonebright said.

As for large appliances, such as washing machines and dryers, which are already more expensive compared with last year, “stay out of that market,” Bonebright said

visit this link https://www.nbcnews.com/b .. UCCsZUTl7XSNQQ
+2   

69 comments for "May 16 - The US Economy is so desperate they're faking a trade war to sell school supplies"

4 days ago '18        #2
Juliette DaBlok 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,804 | Props total: 10021 10021
I don't see how the title of this Thread relates to the Article? Where do you see anything about faking a trade war in the Article?
+10   

4 days ago '04        #3
Exs 430 heat pts430 OP
space
space
 Juliette DaBlok said
I don't see how the title of this Thread relates to the Article? Where do you see anything about faking a trade war in the Article?
every news article regarding the "trade war" with China is asking Americans to go buy everything impacted by the tariffs now.

I feel its a "wag the dog" event ment to stimulate a struggling economy so I titled my thread that.

Here's what you don't see on American news fronts though.... the headlines from China

China slams Donald Trump’s ‘false and fake’ a*sessment of its economic performance amid trade war tensions

+2   

4 days ago '18        #4
space
space
 Exs said
every news article regarding the "trade war" with China is asking Americans to go buy everything impacted by the tariffs now.

I feel its a "wag the dog" event ment to stimulate a struggling economy so I titled my thread that.

Here's what you don't see on American news fronts though.... the headlines from China

China slams Donald Trump’s ‘false and fake’ a*sessment of its economic performance amid trade war tensions

Got it. So you don't believe that product prices will rise because of the Tariffs?
+3   

4 days ago '04        #5
Exs 430 heat pts430 OP
space
space
 Juliette DaBlok said
Got it. So you don't believe that product prices will rise because of the Tariffs?
No and I also believe that if they do it's all controlled to simulate a trade war.

This is one of thousands of options that world government have at their disposal to promulgate a sense of urgency or crisis when there really isn't one.

That's how governments have weathered uprisings and coups in the past.
+3   

4 days ago '18        #6
space
space
 Exs said
No and I also believe that if they do it's all controlled to simulate a trade war.

This is one of thousands of options that world government have at their disposal to promulgate a sense of urgency or crisis when there really isn't one.

But I'm not following as to why? What good would this do for the US or China? Tariffs actually have long term effects on the economy whether you believe it or not. So why would anyone willingly do this to their own country unless they were just misinformed (i.e. Donald Trump). Sounds like you believe that Xi, Trump, and different leaders from different countries in the world all decided to perpetuate a Trade War, for literally nothing, because at this point, no one is winning.
+4   

4 days ago '04        #7
ItAlY2BkLyN 241 heat pts241
space
space
$25,702 | Props total: 18013 18013
I think that's more of a gimmick to exploit the emotions of people. The economy is on fire. They don't need to fake anything. Spending is at an all time high, corporate spending is at an all time high. Unemployment is low, car sales are up, home sales are up. With a world economy, we're not strictly reliant on Chinese exports. Sure some commodities might have price increases, but the actual effects on the consumers will be manageable.
+3   

4 days ago '16        #8
Aztlan 131 heat pts131
space
space
$13,370 | Props total: 35978 35978
 Exs said

Prices have already gone up due to tariffs though. Why wouldn't they continue rising?

Just look at steel appliances. They've gone up in price since the trade wars started.

Americans don't even have the disposable income to run to the store and stock up on stuff months in advance. Terrible plan if this was actually true.
+3   

4 days ago '04        #9
Exs 430 heat pts430 OP
space
space
 Juliette DaBlok said
But I'm not following as to why? What good would this do for the US or China? Tariffs actually have long term effects on the economy whether you believe it or not. So why would anyone willingly do this to their own country unless they were just misinformed (i.e. Donald Trump). Sounds like you believe that Xi, Trump, and different leaders from different countries in the world all decided to perpetuate a Trade War, for literally nothing, because at this point, no one is winning.
The why is the hard part. You know how gas stations price gauge when a hurricane is still days away?

That's what I feel is happening right now. Maybe the rift between the US/China is in its infancy and this is the start of a much bigger problem but the spin on it right now is still intended to capitalize on that imo and drive people who are at the mercy of whatever the media tells them to do.
+4   

4 days ago '18        #10
space
space
 Exs said
The why is the hard part. You know how gas stations price gauge when a hurricane is still days away?

That's what I feel is happening right now. Maybe the rift between the US/China is in its infancy and this is the start of a much bigger problem but the spin on it right now is still intended to capitalize on that imo and drive people who are at the mercy of whatever the media tells them to do.
I respect your point of view. Well stated.
+2   

3 days ago '07        #11
DoctorNBA 61 heat pts61
space
space
$7,531 | Props total: 6505 6505
 Juliette DaBlok said
The ecomomy is good and that boy in shambles so he makes up fake news like the rest of them.

3 days ago '16        #12
North Face 42 heat pts42
space
space
$13,071 | Props total: 25194 25194
OP is a communist who spreads fake agenda to brainwash black people.

3 days ago '07        #13
DoctorNBA 61 heat pts61
space
space
 Exs said

[pic - click to view]

Note from OP: Controlled consumer based revenue burst. Look how easy it for the government to tell you what to buy

Going to the store is about to get a lot more expensive.

As trade tensions between the U.S. and China escalate, with both sides increasing tariffs on a widening selection of products, American consumers will see higher prices as soon as this summer.

Tariffs on goods traded between the U.S. and China have already increased in several stages since early 2018. Now, President Donald Trump has added a 25 percent tariff (up from his original proposal of 10 percent) on another $200 billion worth of Chinese imports, and China hit back with 25 percent duties on another $60 billion worth of U.S. goods.

Buy that iPhone or TV now

To get ahead of the next waves of tariffs, Russ recommends buying some items now, if possible — such as backpacks and other back-to-school supplies — rather than holding off until later in the year.

“If you were planning a large purchase six weeks from now, you may want to make that purchase today,” French said. Still, many Americans don’t have that kind of disposable income on hand, he added.

“It’s just getting more expensive,” added Michael Bonebright, a senior blog editor at comparison shopping site DealNews.

For example, “I would immediately buy a smartphone, rather than wait until Black Friday,” he said. The price for a new iPhone could rise by around $160, analysts estimate.

There will be a similar impact on TVs, Bonebright said. “Fifty-five-inch flat screens are at a historic low, which tells me those prices are going to go up.”

Of course, the same rule applies for everyday purchases, where consumers will be harder hit, such as frozen food and paper goods, including diapers and paper towels.

“Stock up now, so you don’t get sticker shock two or three months down the line,” Bonebright said.

As for large appliances, such as washing machines and dryers, which are already more expensive compared with last year, “stay out of that market,” Bonebright said

Thread title is the exact definition of fake news. Its what happens when your team didnt win the election so u gotta make stuff up to make the other team look bad.

Fake NEWS and this generations way of dealing with problems. Spread lies or blame others cuz it damn sure aint they fault.

3 days ago '18        #14
space
space
 DoctorNBA said
Thread title is the exact definition of fake news. Its what happens when your team didnt win the election so u gotta make stuff up to make the other team look bad.

Fake NEWS and this generations way of dealing with problems. Spread lies or blame others cuz it damn sure aint they fault.
Why are you talking about this sh*t like it's a game? Your Team? If you're American we're all on the same team genius. And then you didn't even address anything he said, you just came in yelling fake news with zero substance to add. If it was fake news you should have been able to articulate what was fake about it
+2   

3 days ago '07        #15
DoctorNBA 61 heat pts61
space
space
 Juliette DaBlok said
Why are you talking about this sh*t like it's a game? Your Team? If you're American we're all on the same team genius. And then you didn't even address anything he said, you just came in yelling fake news with zero substance to add. If it was fake news you should have been able to articulate what was fake about it
Ever heard of an analogy? LOL u BX boys are dumb as hell.

Half the country said "not my president" any way u fool. Keep up wit the times and understand there is no fake trade war. It is very real!

3 days ago '18        #16
space
space
 DoctorNBA said
Ever heard of an analogy? LOL u BX boys are dumb as hell.

Half the country said "not my president" any way u fool. Keep up wit the times and understand there is no fake trade war. It is very real!
So you dont know what an analogy is and still no substance? You're shallow as hell.

Last edited by Juliette DaBlok; 05-16-2019 at 12:17 PM..

3 days ago '04        #17
Exs 430 heat pts430 OP
space
space
 DoctorNBA said

Dear weirdo,

I don't have a team and I'm not influenced by the puppeteers who make you move.

I can quite simply speak on the truth of whats happening in advance of you experiencing it on your terms.
+1   

3 days ago '15        #18
AlmightySae 
space
space
$1,442 | Props total: 1734 1734
 Exs said

That’s what tariffs do.... it causes producers who import into the
us raise their prices which ultimately makes us pay for the tariffs...

3 days ago '14        #19
FukHowYouFeel 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,444 | Props total: 18466 18466
OP...

If you cared as much about producing something and making money as you do getting hot-topics with clickbait bullsh*t you wouldn't be a broke miserable mahfu*ker.

+1   

3 days ago '04        #20
Exs 430 heat pts430 OP
space
space
 AlmightySae said
That’s what tariffs do.... it causes producers who import into the
us raise their prices which ultimately makes us pay for the tariffs...
if you choose to buy the goods. The alternative is not buying chinese made phones, chinese made school supplies, new cheap a*s shoes from china, curbing the orange chicken intake for a few months and beating the system at its own game
+1   

3 days ago '04        #21
Exs 430 heat pts430 OP
space
space
 FukHowYouFeel said
OP...

If you cared as much about producing something and making money as you do getting hot-topics with clickbait bullsh*t you wouldn't be a broke miserable mahfu*ker.

I'm not rich but I certainly aint broke and I'm Canadian. As much as misery loves company I've never let the depression, drama obsessed American way get to me. I'd tell you more about how great my life is but because it's so great you might resent me for it and then that leads to envy and uglier things.

I can look at your username and know everything I need to know about you. One trick pony lookin a*s pron addict who's on alias #6 because his first attempts at finding salvation online failed... back to living on pr0nhub & quiznos yugo.

3 days ago '17        #22
Smallville 
space
space
space
$414 | Props total: 431 431
Lol this is for the stock market to get in low and when a deal is done sell high how many stocks have he shouted how many people working for him made money while working for his team or after all shady Wall Street people lmao people actually thinking he is doing it for America as a whole he get talked into standing points from news pundits if Sean Hannity and rush Limbaugh said we should stop he would lol

3 days ago '12        #23
Heisenberg 140 heat pts140
space
space
$21,904 | Props total: 29386 29386
 North Face said
OP is a communist who spreads fake agenda to brainwash black people.
Do you even know what a communist is?
+2   

3 days ago '17        #24
Smallville 
space
space
space
$414 | Props total: 431 431
Lmao at people saying the economy is good and won’t be affected by trade war lmao then why do all the other republicans want him to stop it because they said it would cancel out the tax cuts and once again for the a**holes who refuse to give bo credit for giving trump this economy and all he has done with it is double our debt

3 days ago '14        #25
FukHowYouFeel 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,444 | Props total: 18466 18466
 Exs said
I'm not rich but I certainly aint broke and I'm Canadian. As much as misery loves company I've never let the depression, drama obsessed American way get to me. I'd tell you more about how great my life is but because it's so great you might resent me for it and then that leads to envy and uglier things.

I can look at your username and know everything I need to know about you. One trick pony lookin a*s pron addict who's on alias #6 because his first attempts at finding salvation online failed... back to living on pr0nhub & quiznos yugo.
You guys have your own problems then. And I find it hilarious that Canadians like you try to sh*t on the US when your entire way of life would be a 180 if the United States didn't share a border with you.

Tell Ronnie to run our IPs and I bet you a stack you have more than one username and I don't.

And you don't have to front for anyone. I know you ain't sh*t or else you wouldn't be on here making these fugazi a*s threads. Get a fu*king a life.

Home      

most viewed right now
+117online now  33
Image(s) inside 🇨🇮 shawty
39 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+37online now  27
Video inside How Do Ya'll Feel About Lil' Flip?
144 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  27
Video inside Norwegian Woman Runs And Jumps Majestically Like A Horse
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-93online now  15
How much do y'all tip?