Comedian Kevin Hart faces multi-million dollar ICO lawsuit

section   (2 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '16        #1
6601 page views
54 comments

00010111 124 heat pts124
space
space
$4,566 | Props total: 16935 16935
Comedian Kevin Hart faces multi-million dollar ICO lawsuit

Scorned investors in the Flik ICO are already going after rapper T.I. for shilling Flik tokens. Now, their sights are set on “the face” of the ICO: actor, comedian Kevin Hart.

An ICO investor walks into a courtroom—stop us if you’ve heard this one.

Last November, a group of investors in Flik—a blockchain-based funding and distribution network for the entertainment industry—filed a class-action lawsuit over an alleged “pump and dump” scheme orchestrated by the company’s co-owners: music producer Ryan Felton, and rapper Clifford Harris (better known as T.I.).

On Friday, those same 25 investors amended their complaint, filed in a Georgia federal court, to include another celebrity they say contributed to the alleged fraud: the second-highest paid comedian in the world, Kevin Hart.

The Flik ICO investors claim they collectively forked over more than $1.3 million for what turned out to be “worthless” Flik tokens sold as “unregistered securities” in late 2017. They say they were “duped” by Felton, T.I., and Hart through a series of social media posts and celebrity endorsements, as well as promises from Felton of a nearly 25,000 percent return on their investments, according to court documents.

Representatives for Felton, T.I., and Hart could not be reached for comment, though T.I has previously denied any part in the Flik ICO. T.I.’s attorney, Albert A. Chapar, told The Blast last November that his client “did not receive a single dollar from Felton” nor “did he have any ownership of the company,” despite a deleted tweet in which T.I. referred to Flik as his “new ICO.”

Following the token sale, the price of Flik tokens spiked from $.06 to $.21—at which point the investors claim Felton and T.I. “dumped” their tokens on the secondary market and vanished. What’s more, the lawsuit alleges that Felton then attempted to wash his hands of Flik by creating a “sham company” called Skyblock Media Group, LLC to “acquire” Flik, while representing to investors that he had nothing to do with the new firm.

Indeed, very few traces of Flik remain on the internet—the Flik website, Facebook page, and Skyblock site have all been deleted—and all that endures is a seemingly abandoned Twitter account, which has been scrubbed of all its posts.

Kevin Hart’s offending social media posts, however, are still online:

Along with the tweet, Hart posted a photo of himself with T.I on Facebook in September 2017 with the caption: “Me telling [T.I.] how much help he gon need spending all that money he gonna make on his new venture. Lmfao But seriously, I’m Super Excited for T.I. and FLiK They’re gonna crush it! #ICO #blockchain #crypto #bitcoin.”

The Flik investors claim Hart “materially aided” in the alleged fraud and are seeking no less than $7 million from Hart over his role in ICO. The lawsuit alleges Hart either knew, or should have known, about the supposed swindle and claims Hart profited from his public endorsement of Flik. The complaint also claims that Felton led investors to believe that Hart would have an important role within the company, potentially even becoming a part owner.

“Members of the group a*sumed that Hart would become the ‘face’ of FLiK, which Felton did not dispute,” the lawsuit alleges.

Hart isn’t the first big-name celebrity to be hit with an ICO-related lawsuit. Floyd “Money” Mayweather and DJ Khaled are both facing lawsuits and were sanctioned by the SEC over their role in promoting the Centra Tech ICO, whose founders still face a litany of criminal fraud charges.

visit this link https://decryptmedia.com/ .. ik-ico-lawsuit
+3   

54 comments for "Comedian Kevin Hart faces multi-million dollar ICO lawsuit"

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '17        #2
therunawayx 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,123 | Props total: 4214 4214
Chasing money for money itself has consequences.
+29   

1 week ago '18        #3
niruggg 61 heat pts61
space
space
$8,352 | Props total: 23619 23619
in late 2017. They say they were “duped” by Felton, T.I., and Hart through a series of social media posts and celebrity endorsements, as well as promises from Felton of a nearly 25,000 percent return on their investments, according to court documents.
this Fyre, TI and Kev are the models you can't sue them gotta sue the owner, and you still stuck sounds like no due diligence so

[pic - click to view]

+34   

1 week ago '04        #4
dc3003 134 heat pts134
space
space
$49,891 | Props total: 53646 53646
Greedy bastards. Dont see how this is true tho because if it was it looks like they committed a crime.

1 week ago '16        #5
00010111 124 heat pts124 OP
space
space
$4,566 | Props total: 16935 16935
 niruggg said
this Fyre, TI and Kev are the models you can't sue them gotta sue the owner, and you still stuck sounds like no due diligence so

[pic - click to view]

Most of these ICOs were straight up scams to anybody paying attention.

A whitepaper, no working product and a number of celebrity endorsements was all they needed to fleece their investors.

There was no due diligence just people buying into social media hype.
+26   

1 week ago '04        #6
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$15,887 | Props total: 8855 8855
Lol sound like some wolf of wallstreet scamming type sh*t. Penny stock investing a*s n*ggaz

[video - click to view]

2:49

Kevin and Tip finessing dese n*ggaz lmao

1 week ago '07        #7
Jayceon 515 heat pts515
space
space
$28,682 | Props total: 2939 2939
In normal non-legalese it makes sense. if Hart just gave props he's not responsible for sh*t. If they got his a*s on paper though, and he's beholden to some contract, he's fu*ked but that's only if they are party to that sh*t too. Which I don't think at all. I don't know in general though and I also didn't read it like someone who cares about the legal outcome.

Sounds like they didn't read their sh*t like they cared about the legal outcome either

Or maybe, plot twist, they planned to vulture Hart and Tip from the beginning

"It's a dirty game. Ya got to be careful about who ya fu*k with and who ya don't fu*k with."

Last edited by Jayceon; 05-16-2019 at 02:46 AM..
+9   

1 week ago '18        #8
niruggg 61 heat pts61
space
space
 00010111 said

A whitepaper, no working product and a number of celebrity endorsements was all they needed to fleece their investors.

fact, I got got by one but I knew going in thats a gamble so fu*k its on me, but yeah most of the coins I bought were in use or have a prospective use $BNB $WTC $LTC

Last edited by niruggg; 05-16-2019 at 02:53 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '05        #9
cluckaluck 249 heat pts249
space
space
$15,002 | Props total: 15603 15603
 00010111 said
Some of these ICOs were straight up scams to anybody paying attention.

fixed

1 week ago '05        #10
space
space
 niruggg said
fact, I got got by one but I knew going in thats a gamble so fu*k its on me, but yeah most of the coins I bought were in use or have a prospective use $BNB $WTC $LTC
+3   

1 week ago '18        #11
BIG FONT 11 heat pts11
space
space
$749 | Props total: 3373 3373
 niruggg said
fact, I got got but yeah most of the coins I bought were in use or have a prospective use $BNB $WTC $LTC
No they don't mane lol
+1   

1 week ago '12        #12
mars15 47 heat pts47
space
space
$3,826 | Props total: 18621 18621
One of the reasons crypto mooned was these newbies pumping fiat into BTC and ETH for these sh*tty ERC-20 tokens that had no real use case

The finance section on this site was full of these clowns I wonder where they are now

Last edited by mars15; 05-16-2019 at 03:07 AM..
+15   

1 week ago '17        #13
CELE91 
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 4739 4739
 00010111 said
Scorned investors in the Flik ICO are already going after rapper T.I. for shilling Flik tokens. Now, their sights are set on “the face” of the ICO: actor, comedian Kevin Hart.

An ICO investor walks into a courtroom—stop us if you’ve heard this one.

Last November, a group of investors in Flik—a blockchain-based funding and distribution network for the entertainment industry—filed a class-action lawsuit over an alleged “pump and dump” scheme orchestrated by the company’s co-owners: music producer Ryan Felton, and rapper Clifford Harris (better known as T.I.).

On Friday, those same 25 investors amended their complaint, filed in a Georgia federal court, to include another celebrity they say contributed to the alleged fraud: the second-highest paid comedian in the world, Kevin Hart.

The Flik ICO investors claim they collectively forked over more than $1.3 million for what turned out to be “worthless” Flik tokens sold as “unregistered securities” in late 2017. They say they were “duped” by Felton, T.I., and Hart through a series of social media posts and celebrity endorsements, as well as promises from Felton of a nearly 25,000 percent return on their investments, according to court documents.

Representatives for Felton, T.I., and Hart could not be reached for comment, though T.I has previously denied any part in the Flik ICO. T.I.’s attorney, Albert A. Chapar, told The Blast last November that his client “did not receive a single dollar from Felton” nor “did he have any ownership of the company,” despite a deleted tweet in which T.I. referred to Flik as his “new ICO.”

Following the token sale, the price of Flik tokens spiked from $.06 to $.21—at which point the investors claim Felton and T.I. “dumped” their tokens on the secondary market and vanished. What’s more, the lawsuit alleges that Felton then attempted to wash his hands of Flik by creating a “sham company” called Skyblock Media Group, LLC to “acquire” Flik, while representing to investors that he had nothing to do with the new firm.

Indeed, very few traces of Flik remain on the internet—the Flik website, Facebook page, and Skyblock site have all been deleted—and all that endures is a seemingly abandoned Twitter account, which has been scrubbed of all its posts.

Kevin Hart’s offending social media posts, however, are still online:

Along with the tweet, Hart posted a photo of himself with T.I on Facebook in September 2017 with the caption: “Me telling [T.I.] how much help he gon need spending all that money he gonna make on his new venture. Lmfao But seriously, I’m Super Excited for T.I. and FLiK They’re gonna crush it! #ICO #blockchain #crypto #bitcoin.”

The Flik investors claim Hart “materially aided” in the alleged fraud and are seeking no less than $7 million from Hart over his role in ICO. The lawsuit alleges Hart either knew, or should have known, about the supposed swindle and claims Hart profited from his public endorsement of Flik. The complaint also claims that Felton led investors to believe that Hart would have an important role within the company, potentially even becoming a part owner.

“Members of the group a*sumed that Hart would become the ‘face’ of FLiK, which Felton did not dispute,” the lawsuit alleges.

Hart isn’t the first big-name celebrity to be hit with an ICO-related lawsuit. Floyd “Money” Mayweather and DJ Khaled are both facing lawsuits and were sanctioned by the SEC over their role in promoting the Centra Tech ICO, whose founders still face a litany of criminal fraud charges.

And they still carried on?
+1   

1 week ago '07        #14
PowerBar Ernie 120 heat pts120
space
space
$6,808 | Props total: 4317 4317
They will be alright. Floyd Mayweather and DJ Khaled were in a similar situation and the cases got dismissed.

1 week ago '16        #15
Itsjustmefools 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,516 | Props total: 2955 2955
 niruggg said

[pic - click to view]

Are you a high paid high class lawyer?

Didn't think so

1 week ago '18        #16
niruggg 61 heat pts61
space
space
 Itsjustmefools said
Are you a high paid high class lawyer?

Didn't think so

[pic - click to view]

you're listed in the complaint aren't you
+4   

1 week ago '17        #17
Coffee 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
$4,637 | Props total: 13275 13275
You can't afford a better lawyer than Hart. You think your frivolous lawsuit is going to get you a check in settlement?

Hart will take you to court.

I would do the same thing.

Hire the meanest, cleanest hippest Jew Lawyer in the entertainment biz and sit back with my feet up like

1 week ago '05        #18
space
space
 niruggg said
your BX investor qualifications have been revoked

you are no longer allowed to speak on anything investing ever again

on top of that you are banned from talking about anything crypto related
because I will jump on and troll you

[pic - click to view]

just messin with you bro
+3   

1 week ago '15        #19
satsuma 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 2886 2886
Sounds a lot like the IPO for "snapchat"

1 week ago '17        #20
Two 40 Shorty 33 heat pts33
space
space
$6,147 | Props total: 20104 20104
 BIG FONT said
No they don't mane lol
f*g**t wrote in normal font
+1   

1 week ago '05        #21
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,858 | Props total: 2977 2977
Depends on how the judge feels.
These cases go either way. Cryptocurrency is different though. In the stock market this is a crime and all would be guilty. Basically insider trading.
Crypto doesn’t have the same laws.

1 week ago '11        #22
Papa Shango 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,884 | Props total: 7301 7301
 00010111 said

A good portion was/still are some bullsh*t for sure. Mufu*kas get caught up riding the hype. I made my little pennies so I cant blame em but yea, bunch of bullsh*tin a good 60% of cases

1 week ago '11        #23
Sin 2059 heat pts2059
space
space
$30,626 | Props total: 91903 91903
 dc3003 said
Greedy bastards. Dont see how this is true tho because if it was it looks like they committed a crime.
Crypto currencies aren’t regulated like stocks

The only reason they’re going after this crypto is because they actually know who’s behind it

Most crypto are faceless
+2   

1 week ago '19        #24
DrakeSavage 
space
space
space
$17 | Props total: 17 17
even the celebs are being used. they dont understand what they are getting into. bc its the same as the bitconnect thing where they start going after the promoters. bc they show their faces or give real names. when the people behind this stuff just try to disappear or better yet never be known.

1 week ago '06        #25
Yung Dilla 1590 heat pts1590
space
space
$64,387 | Props total: 71577 71577
Never get into Crypto endorsed by celebrities.
+8   

Home      

most viewed right now
+33online now  35
Thick Twitter Butts 🍑
38 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+44online now  30
May 24 - Amazon is selling entire houses for less than $20,000 — with free shi..
120 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Ultimate Bedwench story: Woman leaves family to marry inmate across th..
79 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+200online now  14
Image(s) inside Life: When Eddie Murphy said "I know a bi**h named Della hit harder th..
88 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy