May 15 - Germany Labels US A Rival That Europe Must Unite Against

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

6 days ago '10        #1
1831 page views
78 comments

Bandito 208 heat pts208
space
space
space
$8,342 | Props total: 19563 19563
May 15 - Germany Labels US A Rival That Europe Must Unite Against

ANGELA MERKEL IDENTIFIES U.S. AS GLOBAL RIVAL THAT, ALONG WITH CHINA AND RUSSIA, EUROPE MUST UNITE AGAINST

German Chancellor Angela Merkel lumped in the United States with Europe’s other global adversaries on Wednesday, arguing that the countries on the continent need to band together against the challenges posed by Russia, China and the U.S.

“There is no doubt that Europe needs to reposition itself in a changed world…. The old certainties of the postwar order no longer apply,” Merkel told the German media on Wednesday.

“They [China, Russia and the U.S.] are forcing us, time and again, to find common positions. That is often difficult given our different interests. But we do get this done—think, for example, of our policy regarding the conflict in Ukraine,” Merkel added. “Our policies on Africa, too, now follow a common strategy, which a few years ago would have been unthinkable. So we keep putting one foot in front of the other. However, our political power is not yet commensurate with our economic strength.”

The comments hinted at the fact that at least some European leaders no longer view the United States as primarily an ally of the European Union. Merkel, for example, pointed to the U.S. dominance of technology as a challenge for Europe. U.S. companies such as Google, Facebook and Amazon have long dominated global markets, and in some high-profile cases have gotten into long legal battles with the EU over antitrust and regulatory policy.

In March, the British government released a report recommending that the country establish a new regulator to monitor the activities of major tech giants. The European Union’s commissioner for competition has issued billions of dollars in fines for Google, and additional probes into Amazon and Google are ongoing. But European companies have still struggled to compete with Silicon Valley due to a dearth of venture capital on the continent.

Meanwhile, the U.S. relationship with Europe has become increasingly uncertain under President Donald Trump, who has criticized both the European Union and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). The U.S. and EU are also still locked in negotiations over proposed tariffs on auto parts.

Reports recently suggested that Trump might delay the implementation of new tariffs as he continues to f*ght his trade war with China and negotiate with Europe and Japan. But the president has only until May 18 to decide whether to levy new tariffs on auto parts coming from Europe. Many analysts have argued against stymieing trade with a U.S. ally.

EU officials, meanwhile, have pledged to retaliate with their own set of tariffs if the U.S. moves forward with the plan. Cecilia Malmström, the chief trade negotiator for the EU, said the European Union is preparing a list of U.S. products that would be subject to tariffs if Trump moves forward with his protectionist measures.

visit this link https://www.newsweek.com/ .. e-must-1426742

I made a joke earlier about not being sure if the EU is still a ally of the US and I see this.
+9   

78 comments for "May 15 - Germany Labels US A Rival That Europe Must Unite Against"

6 days ago '13        #2
jae dub 336 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,433 | Props total: 3115 3115

That's some spooky sh*t
+11   

6 days ago '17        #3
therunawayx 9 heat pts
space
space
$994 | Props total: 3525 3525
Trump the GOAT

Shake the system up

Last edited by therunawayx; 05-15-2019 at 09:40 PM..

6 days ago '17        #4
lucifershammer 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,296 | Props total: 25895 25895
This about Germany trying to a*sert itself as leader of Europe

Again
+20   

6 days ago '11        #5
YUNGCANIBUS 
space
space
$1,366 | Props total: 3212 3212
 therunawayx said
Trump the GOAT

Shake the system up

I’m gonna call atleast 100+ slaps on this comment

I’ll start it off

Last edited by YUNGCANIBUS; 05-15-2019 at 09:50 PM..
+6   

6 days ago '06        #6
Kingme 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,656 | Props total: 12810 12810
This about Europe not invading or joining us in war against Iran again over another claim of "weapons of mass destruction"
+20   

6 days ago '15        #7
imbeinfacetious 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$845 | Props total: 2321 2321
I just want to enjoy watching the world burn in peace.
+15   

6 days ago '11        #8
YUNGCANIBUS 
space
space
 therunawayx said
Trump the GOAT

Shake the system up

[pic - click to view]

+16   

6 days ago '17        #9
therunawayx 9 heat pts
space
space
 imbeinfacetious said
I just want to enjoy watching the world burn in peace.
Exactly.

Make America Great Again

Last edited by therunawayx; 05-15-2019 at 09:58 PM..

6 days ago '10        #10
Bandito 208 heat pts208 OP
space
space
space
 lucifershammer said

Again
Not really seeing that with the language she used. There was a lot of "us" "our" and "we." So she was speaking of the EU as a whole and not necessarily Germany taking a lead.

Saying the US is a economic rival is not a bad thing. As long as it stays a friendly rivalry and at the economic level.

Right now, the EU is trade talks with Japan. The trump administration is waiting to see what becomes of that before moving ahead with any tariff plans for Europe.

It was the lumping the US in with China and Russia that caught my eye. In the past, the US would have been included in the "us" "our" and "we."
+6   

6 days ago '16        #11
TheRealFetti 311 heat pts311
space
space
$3,506 | Props total: 19046 19046
Germany wants no smoke, we already bust that a*s twice they don't want it a third time. Britain ain't doing sh*t, we sonned them and same with France. Russia know they place.

6 days ago '17        #12
lucifershammer 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,296 | Props total: 25895 25895
 Bandito said
Not really seeing that with the language she used. There was a lot of "us" "our" and "we." So she was speaking of the EU as a whole and not necessarily Germany taking a lead.

Saying the US is a economic rival is not a bad thing. As long as it stays a friendly rivalry and at the economic level.

Right now, the EU is trade talks with Japan. The trump administration is waiting to see what becomes of that before moving ahead with any tariff plans for Europe.

It was the lumping the US in with China and Russia that caught my eye. In the past, the US would have been included in the "us" "our" and "we."
She said something similar when Obama was in office. But nobody was listening to her cuz Obama was more popular in Germany than her for the most part.

Now that we got a clown prince in the White House people listening to her
+11   

6 days ago '12        #13
Di Warlord 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,917 | Props total: 17241 17241
 lucifershammer said

Again
could be.. I know Merkel is about to leave office soon, so it'll be interesting what the new leader of Germany does/says in regards to it being the new economic "head" of the EU, along with France.

I don't think Germany will try to take European powers over again, however, I do think that they would protect the EU at all costs in the sake of a Euro (no pun).

This, of course, is if the other countries in the EU pick their heads out of their a*s and put in work (in reference to Greece, Italy, the eastern member bloc states, etc.). If the other EU members don't put in work, I'm sure Germany would be more likely to dip out of the EU and become an economic powerhouse, that's strong enough to back the beef against their never ending foe, Russia
+5   

6 days ago '16        #14
Stryder 
space
space
space
$674 | Props total: 521 521
 TheRealFetti said
Germany wants no smoke, we already bust that a*s twice they don't want it a third time. Britain ain't doing sh*t, we sonned them and same with France. Russia know they place.
Russia owns us and the dummy has our soldiers on the border a*sisting in his mess down there we ain't prepared to f*ght no war we don't even have a budget
+4   

6 days ago '11        #15
YUNGCANIBUS 
space
space
 therunawayx said
Exactly.

Make America Great Again
I see you in here flexin for this bum.. i see ya feelin yaself homie no homo.. but....

[pic - click to view]

+4   

6 days ago '16        #16
Unbiased 1 heat pts
space
space
$170 | Props total: 359 359

[pic - click to view]

+7   

6 days ago '17        #17
therunawayx 9 heat pts
space
space
 YUNGCANIBUS said
I see you in here flexin for this bum.. i see ya feelin yaself homie no homo.. but....

[pic - click to view]

I don't live in America.

Top 10 most slapped recently  6 days ago '04        #18
Exs 434 heat pts434
space
space
$13,070 | Props total: 29671 29671

6 days ago '11        #19
YUNGCANIBUS 
space
space
 therunawayx said
I don't live in America.
Where you from?

Now you sounding like someone who wants our country to burn
+3   

6 days ago '17        #20
therunawayx 9 heat pts
space
space
 YUNGCANIBUS said
Where you from?

Now you sounding like someone who wants our country to burn
I don't have to be from somewhere to live there.

Geographical Arbitrage.

Learn It.

6 days ago '11        #21
YUNGCANIBUS 
space
space
 therunawayx said
I don't have to be from somewhere to live there.

Geographical Arbitrage.

Learn It.

Try to hard to sound smart sounding n*gga: Yes my parents relocated me to another country but i’m from the states

Carry on. Hoe.
+5   

6 days ago '05        #22
bobbysteels18 700 heat pts700
space
space
space
$8,134 | Props total: 3567 3567
Because she has done so much for Germany, like letting it get invaded, Other then that the U.S the EU and Nato should have strong relations and work together for a better world.

6 days ago '17        #23
therunawayx 9 heat pts
space
space
 YUNGCANIBUS said
Try to hard to sound smart sounding n*gga: Yes my parents relocated me to another country but i’m from the states

Carry on. Hoe.
Sound good

6 days ago '10        #24
Bandito 208 heat pts208 OP
space
space
space
 TheRealFetti said
If there is another world war. It ain't even going to go down like that. All the countries will have nuclear technology. It will be economic warfare, infrastructure sabotage, IT warfare. One person can knock out 1000 ground troops with a push of a button. One person can knock out a whole cities power using the tools in a briefcase. You can guarantee there are sleeper agents embedded in countries all around the world to do just that when the time comes.

Conventional warfare only works when you have adversaries with limited capabilities.
+8   

6 days ago '18        #25
Realestatemane 
space
space
space
$390 | Props total: 1327 1327
A blind man could see that in 2016
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+54online now  39
Video inside The predator caught by Chris Hansen who was so pathetic, they didn't ev..
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  37
Image(s) inside May 20 - Allison Mack Kept Sex Slave Photos for Blackmail, Ex-NXIVM Me..
39 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  36
America FULL of NASTY MF’s ... I’m CONVINCED! Lol
155 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  22
Actor Jason Mitchell (Eazy-E) Fired From The Chi & By Agent