‘Avengers: Endgame': Let’s Talk About That Girl Power Moment

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

6 days ago '06        #1
2803 page views
126 comments

SM 40685 heat pts40685
space
space
$140,702 | Props total: 120467 120467
‘Avengers: Endgame': Let’s Talk About That Girl Power Moment

(Spoiler alert: Do not read on if you haven’t see “Avengers: Endgame.”)

There are a lot of jaw-dropping moments in “Avengers: Endgame,” and one was the girl power moment when most of the women of the “Avengers” franchise came together on screen. Sure, it was fleeting — it ended before everyone’s roars and applause dissipated — but it’s important, and could hint at what’s to come in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

During the big “Endgame” battle scene, Tom Holland’s Peter Parker is holding the Infinity Gauntlet when Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel comes over to ask, “You got something for me?” He tells her that he doesn’t have a clue how she’s going to get the gauntlet to safety through the masses of villains coming at them alone, but then we hear, “She’s not alone,” and Scarlet Witch, Valkyrie, Okoye, Mantis, Shuri, Hope van Dyne, Gamora, Nebula, and even Pepper Potts in her own Iron Man suit show up to help. GRL PWR!

But the scene also raises a theory — which is, for now, only a theory — that the moment might foreshadow the cinematic rise of the A-Force.

What’s the A-Force? The A-Force was introduced as part of Marvel Comics’s “Secret Wars” crossover event in 2015. In the story, a couple of parallel Marvel universes collapsed into each other and were destroyed, and from the ashes Doctor Doom created Battleworld, where most of the heroes from both universes did battle with each other.

Battleworld was divided into 41 nations, or “domains,” one of which was called Arcadia. And the all-female defenders of Arcadia were collectively referred to as the A-Force. Some of the members of A-Force are characters who have already appeared in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Agent 13 aka Sharon Carter, and Rescue — the name of the superhero that Pepper Potts became in “Avengers: Endgame.”

A-Force also includes a character we know will be introduced to the MCU soon — Kate Bishop, who will be the subject of a Disney+ series in which she follows in the footsteps of the original Hawkeye.

MCU actresses have talked about the rumors about a possible all-female Avengers movie in the past. In October 2017, Tessa Thompson, who plays Valkyrie, said that several had pitched an idea for an all-female “Avengers” film.

However, according to the Observer, at the Tribeca Film Festival, Thompson said: “I don’t know. That was kind of an offhand thing, and then the press really ran with it. The extent to which the press ran with it is also an expression of what ripe a time it is for something like that. That people are hungry for it, that people are interested in it.”

Danai Gurira, who plays Okoye, has reminded us, “Magic happens when women do their thang.” And recently, Larson expressed her hopes for an A-Force movie, saying it would be “powerful and iconic.”

Marvel has been criticized in the past for a lack of diversity in its films. The studio has put out 20 movies that feature a male protagonist, and only put out a female-led superhero film in 2019 with “Captain Marvel.” (Last year’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp” starred both Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly in the lead roles.) “Captain Marvel” was the first Marvel film to have a female co-director (Anna Boden with Ryan Fleck).

In March, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said films like “Captain Marvel” and “Black Panther” represent the future of the MCU. After all, Marvel hired Chloe Zhao to direct “The Eternals,” and Cate Shortland was tapped to direct the standalone “Black Widow” movie.

“The notion of representation on screen, in front of and behind the camera, somebody asked me once, so is ‘Black Panther’ a one-off? I said, no, it’s not a one-off. This is the future,” he said. “This is the way the world is, and the way, certainly, our studio’s going to be run going forward, because it brings about better stories. The more diverse the group of people making the movie is, the better the stories.”
visit this link Source
+1   

126 comments for "‘Avengers: Endgame': Let’s Talk About That Girl Power Moment"

6 days ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT 22 heat pts22
space
space
$16,099 | Props total: 34237 34237
Lets not. I know soft a*s Boxden loved this scene tho
+22   

6 days ago '04        #3
C.R.I.P. 4 heat pts
space
space
$19,599 | Props total: 10406 10406
Who cares ? Let them have their moment.
+46   

6 days ago '18        #4
Blaffy 146 heat pts146
space
space
$10,265 | Props total: 33971 33971
When Captain America strapped his broken shield and heard On your left it was Black Panther, Shuri, the bald headed chick from the walking dead, war machine, and Falcon....Black Power Moment. Then everyone came out ready to f*ght. The girl power scene was cool too, I enjoyed it.

[pic - click to view]

This stole the movie

Let's talk about The Hulk being nerfed down and basically a bi*ch
+64   

6 days ago '06        #5
droid3000 1177 heat pts1177
space
space
$32,380 | Props total: 45520 45520
 SPdaGOAT said
bx is just one big he-man woman haters club, im sure they didnt

6 days ago '17        #6
SPdaGOAT 22 heat pts22
space
space
 droid3000 said
bx is just one big he-man woman haters club, im sure they didnt
Yea ok

6 days ago '05        #7
Tha Boss 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$26,111 | Props total: 52976 52976
They had shuris fine a*s out in the battlefield. Wanakada oughtta be ashamed

6 days ago '14        #8
Junior03 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,055 | Props total: 1722 1722
I thought it was cool, didn't really see much into it. Other than just showing they can f*ght it out also. They k*lled the girl power when Capt Marvel got knocked out with power stone.
+11   

6 days ago '13        #9
Ethernine 
space
space
$1,397 | Props total: 2634 2634
 SPdaGOAT said
I liked it so how the fu*k am I soft? Some of u n*ggas say some of the dumbest sh*t I ever heard in my fu*king life...

I think it’s dope every time I see the sister Danai Gurira

Get off bre nuts tho.
+18   

6 days ago '05        #10
kriskross00 131 heat pts131
space
space
$22,832 | Props total: 41291 41291
waaaah I HATE girls!!!! Cooootieeees!!!!
+22   

6 days ago '10        #11
llpooh 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,133 | Props total: 596 596
Well, that A-Force comic from the secret wars event was pretty weak. sh*t got cancelled quick

In October 2016, a day before the release of issue #10, it was reported that A-Force was "effectively cancelled" after no new issues were listed among Marvel's November, December, or January solicitations. The report came despite Thompson's intentions to continue the series after "Civil War II" with a storyline that involved an "unspecified A-lister". Sales of A-Force had fallen by 79% since its debut with issue #1 selling 114,528 copies and issue #9 selling 23,484 copies.[11] However in a letter written to the fans in the back pages of A-Force #10, Thompson described it as "short hiatus" followed by an editorial note disclaiming that A-Force will be back and that fans may speed up its return by emailing Marvel
Doubt its a good sign if you have to ask your readers to email the publishers to bring it back.

sh*t just didnt have good stories, plain and simple, maybe with a better writer it could draw an audience or if its not some agenda driven cash grab in the name of "diversity" pandering to females.

As far as the scene in the movie, it was alright...it was def added to give all the women a cool moment and thats what it was. no harm no foul. Honestly, they should have expanded on it a little more and had them fu*k more sh*t up but perhaps they saw a legion of bitter males crying about it and said, maybe another day. who knows.
+6   

6 days ago '07        #12
stogz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,693 | Props total: 60244 60244
There was a part in Infinity war where i think scarlett, wakanda warrior, black widow and the female henchman all came at each other during the battle, that was cool.

The part in end game tho, it was forced and cringe worthy.
+30   

6 days ago '04        #13
all3rd 1118 heat pts1118
space
space
$94,629 | Props total: 28426 28426
They did nothing and Thanos slapped them why did that part matter?

6 days ago '04        #14
Jumpoff21 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 2669 2669
I mean the women ( ms.marvel and scarlet witch ) did the most damage to thanos.....
+8   

6 days ago '17        #15
SPdaGOAT 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Ethernine said
I liked it so how the fu*k am I soft? Some of u n*ggas say some of the dumbest sh*t I ever heard in my fu*king life...

I think it’s dope every time I see the sister Danai Gurira

Get off bre nuts tho.
Shut yo butthurt a*s up

6 days ago '07        #16
Jeet Kune Do 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,522 | Props total: 3695 3695
Not gonna lie, i cringed

+25   

6 days ago '10        #17
olook up 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,117 | Props total: 4532 4532
 Blaffy said

Let's talk about The Hulk being nerfed down and basically a bi*ch
He snapped everyone back to life and lives and still had strength to hold the building. Everyone underrating how significant that was
+17   

6 days ago '18        #19
Blaffy 146 heat pts146
space
space
$10,265 | Props total: 33971 33971
 olook up said
He snapped everyone back to life and lives and still had strength to hold the building. Everyone underrating how significant that was
I wanted him to go back and f*ght Thanos

Just a round 2
+8   

6 days ago '17        #20
Hakeem 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,372 | Props total: 1888 1888
 stogz said
There was a part in Infinity war where i think scarlett, wakanda warrior, black widow and the female henchman all came at each other during the battle, that was cool.

The part in end game tho, it was forced and cringe worthy.

[pic - click to view]

Blue bluds
+14   

6 days ago '18        #21
MYDICKSOCOLD 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,783 | Props total: 7150 7150
 Blaffy said
When Captain America strapped his broken shield and heard On your left it was Black Panther, Shuri, the bald headed chick from the walking dead, war machine, and Falcon....Black Power Moment. Then everyone came out ready to f*ght.
Marvel for the W
+7   

6 days ago '17        #22
Hakeem 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,372 | Props total: 1888 1888
The Endgame female scene was od brief tho.
+5   

6 days ago '05        #23
Micheal C. Will 29 heat pts29
space
space
$31,507 | Props total: 28905 28905
Let the women have their shine, it really wasn't that serious nor was the scene that intrusion that it ruined the film.

When Thanos rocked Captain Marvel with the Power stone though
+20   

6 days ago '04        #24
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$5,888 | Props total: 3973 3973
it was very hilariously in your face for an overtly unmistakable agenda
+11   

6 days ago '15        #25
micropave 2162 heat pts2162
space
space
$8,648 | Props total: 68622 68622
sh*t took me out the movie

Pathetic
+3   

Home      

most viewed right now
+54online now  37
Video inside The predator caught by Chris Hansen who was so pathetic, they didn't ev..
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  33
Image(s) inside May 20 - Allison Mack Kept Sex Slave Photos for Blackmail, Ex-NXIVM Me..
39 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  25
America FULL of NASTY MF’s ... I’m CONVINCED! Lol
155 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  20
Actor Jason Mitchell (Eazy-E) Fired From The Chi & By Agent