Eminem's Relapse (10 years later)

section   (2 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '05        #1
642 page views
44 comments

QualityRecords 15 heat pts15
space
space
$16,781 | Props total: 5076 5076
Eminem's Relapse (10 years later)

When this album came out originally I think the general consensus was that it was a bad album with weird accents. I didn't really like the accents at first but when you see what hes trying to do it kinda makes sense.

I personally actually like several tracks on the album, and this was Em's last good album until Kamikaze came out in my opinion.

Highlights: Stay Wide Awake, 3AM, Insane, Underground, Deja Vu, and Beautiful. The refill re-release of the album added a few good tracks as well.

His flow was crazy, and not as rigid as it is now and it didn't have a bunch of bullsh*t features from pop stars. Stay Wide Awake is a top 10 Em song for sure. The production on this album was some of Dre's best work as well. I think he did almost all of the beats.

Thoughts?

Last edited by QualityRecords; 05-15-2019 at 01:10 AM..
+9   

44 comments for "Eminem's Relapse (10 years later)"

2 weeks ago '15        #2
GrgeClrk 166 heat pts166
space
space
$7,497 | Props total: 24410 24410
Made a Dr. Dre playlist last night and gave this album a spin.

Medicine Ball is insane.

Album was great. Imagine if he would’ve knocked them accents off. Would’ve been a concrete classic.
+7   

2 weeks ago '12        #3
J Money 95 23 heat pts23
space
space
$8,764 | Props total: 6439 6439
I was a big hater of this album when it came out but it's a decent album for its time. I was expecting 97 Em in 2009 but it was better than his most recent one
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #4
R Shackleford 
space
space
$1,639 | Props total: 5513 5513
Is that whole song about him being a rapist?

+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #5
QualityRecords 15 heat pts15 OP
space
space
 R Shackleford said
Is that whole song about him being a rapist?

Its basically a horrorcore type of album, its dark for sure.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
R Shackleford 
space
space
 QualityRecords said
Its basically a horrorcore type of album, its dark for sure.
I guess

Kinda sounds like he's doing an impression of triumph the insult comic dog
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #7
space
space
 R Shackleford said
I guess

Kinda sounds like he's doing an impression of triumph the insult comic dog
Yea, at the time this came out LOTS of people hated the accents he used on this album because he did so many and it was way different from his normal stuff. Creatively speaking, its one of his most unique and I don't think very many artists could have pulled off an album like this. This was his return after a long hiatus after Proof's death and his own accidental overdose in 07.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #8
Scorpz 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,486 | Props total: 37039 37039
One of my fav Em albums.. 3AM and Stay Wide Awake were my sh*t.. this whole album been on rotation for years.. brings me back to a point in my life when all I was popping pills like candy
+3   

1 week ago '15        #9
KING SOULJA 41 heat pts41
space
space
$11,647 | Props total: 17302 17302
I don’t give a fuk what anyone types. Relapse is one of Em’s best albums. He only dissed the album publicly because you a**holes finessed him into doing it. Relapse is the last real Eminem album we will ever get unless some unreleased 1999-2009 records are thrown together on an album someday. While not better than MMLP imo, it certainly has more replay value than MMLP and i would argue it has the most replay value of all his albums. The accents were odd at first but it sure was better than what we got afterwards with Eminem doing his best Meek Mill impression. It is Eminem’s most consise album and you can blast that bi*ch from start to finish though I wouldn’t fault you for skipping Crack A Bottle when the time comes. However, I do not for any reason permit you to skip We Made You. Don’t do that. I remember patiently anticipating the release of the album. Wiggling a*s when Old Times Sake first leaked. Staying up all night to make sure I saw the premiere of The We Made You Video At 6 A.M. on MTV. It was a moment. I can understand why people disliked the album after all that time without one and this is what he gave you but i rocked with it heavy. Relapse will go down as one of my favorite albums of all time at the end of day so show some fuking repsect. Especially after the albums he’s released since then, it shouldn’t be hard to have a new appreciation for Relapse.

Last edited by KING SOULJA; 05-15-2019 at 02:28 AM..
+10   

1 week ago '14        #10
NubianPiye 1 heat pts
space
space
$213 | Props total: 309 309
Album is sh*t like your mothers head game

1 week ago '15        #11
Veggie Burgers 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,789 | Props total: 8193 8193
The flows on the album are incredible. The accents don't even bother me that much. It was pretty much his return to form after it seemed for years that he just didn't have it anymore. After Encore, it was like he completely lost his confidence and had no interest in giving his all anymore. Honestly, I started getting annoyed with his lazy a*s verses and songs that didn't even have multi-syllables at the very least. Glad he regained his love for being an emcee again.
+3   

1 week ago '11        #12
shellz386 47 heat pts47
space
space
$7,045 | Props total: 7383 7383
Album is trash

1 week ago '07        #13
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,706 | Props total: 3910 3910
Most of us didn’t like it when it first came out but we grew to appreciate it more because his follow up albums were a lot worse.
+4   

1 week ago '05        #14
space
space
 A-L-P said
Most of us didn’t like it when it first came out but we grew to appreciate it more because his follow up albums were a lot worse.
Yea I think that is definitely part of it.
+3   

1 week ago '10        #15
shady4evaggunit 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,901 | Props total: 2044 2044
 QualityRecords said
When this album came out originally I think the general consensus was that it was a bad album with weird accents. I didn't really like the accents at first but when you see what hes trying to do it kinda makes sense.

I personally actually like several tracks on the album, and this was Em's last good album until Kamikaze came out in my opinion.

Highlights: Stay Wide Awake, 3AM, Insane, Underground, Deja Vu, and Beautiful. The refill re-release of the album added a few good tracks as well.

His flow was crazy, and not as rigid as it is now and it didn't have a bunch of bullsh*t features from pop stars. Stay Wide Awake is a top 10 Em song for sure. The production on this album was some of Dre's best work as well. I think he did almost all of the beats.

Thoughts?

The fact you say Stay Wise Awake is a top 10 Em song you lose all credibility..

Also Recovery>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Relapse as far as his best album up until Kamikaze.. Seduction>>>>

1 week ago '19        #16
GDubs 7 heat pts
space
space
$834 | Props total: 1357 1357
 QualityRecords said

Thoughts?

100% agree, he was just experimenting. The same thing as what Kanye did on 808s and heartbreaks. Stay wide awake is an all time favorite. We made you, same song and dance
+2   

1 week ago '04        #17
W24x55 69 heat pts69
space
space
$14,061 | Props total: 19729 19729
Album was wayyyyyyyy ahead of it's time.
+4   

1 week ago '08        #18
hollaballooza 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,896 | Props total: 2186 2186

[video - click to view]

I told her I'd grow up to be a famous rapper
Make a record about doin' drugs and name it after her
+2   

1 week ago '06        #19
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$37,508 | Props total: 22972 22972
Terrible

Eminem even said it sucked

And apologize to the people that brought the cd

1 week ago '12        #20
BarryFresh 
space
space
$231 | Props total: 599 599
Em is a weird guy.

1 week ago '16        #21
stealthm91 262 heat pts262
space
space
$5,629 | Props total: 15385 15385
The album would've been classic if he didn't use the accents

[video - click to view]

Last edited by stealthm91; 05-15-2019 at 08:18 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '17        #22
R Shackleford 
space
space
 KING SOULJA said
I don’t give a fuk what anyone types. Relapse is one of Em’s best albums. He only dissed the album publicly because you a**holes finessed him into doing it. Relapse is the last real Eminem album we will ever get unless some unreleased 1999-2009 records are thrown together on an album someday. While not better than MMLP imo, it certainly has more replay value than MMLP and i would argue it has the most replay value of all his albums. The accents were odd at first but it sure was better than what we got afterwards with Eminem doing his best Meek Mill impression. It is Eminem’s most consise album and you can blast that bi*ch from start to finish though I wouldn’t fault you for skipping Crack A Bottle when the time comes. However, I do not for any reason permit you to skip We Made You. Don’t do that. I remember patiently anticipating the release of the album. Wiggling a*s when Old Times Sake first leaked. Staying up all night to make sure I saw the premiere of The We Made You Video At 6 A.M. on MTV. It was a moment. I can understand why people disliked the album after all that time without one and this is what he gave you but i rocked with it heavy. Relapse will go down as one of my favorite albums of all time at the end of day so show some fuking repsect. Especially after the albums he’s released since then, it shouldn’t be hard to have a new appreciation for Relapse.
This is like a vh1 special that exist solely in your mind and it is hilarious

This guy said he stayed up to watch the video premier on tv like it was thriller. Like the Internet didn't exist in 2009

1 week ago '15        #23
KING SOULJA 41 heat pts41
space
space
$11,647 | Props total: 17302 17302
 R Shackleford said
This is like a vh1 special that exist solely in your mind and it is hilarious

This guy said he stayed up to watch the video premier on tv like it was thriller. Like the Internet didn't exist in 2009

Yeah the internet existed and I had broadband like a boss in 2009 but I wanted to see it when it first premiered. Not wait until some a**hole uploads it in portrait mode filming their tv screen. You must done forgot I found Soulja Boy Online before he made crank that. I been on this here interweb bro, why you trying to play me?

1 week ago '17        #24
Nuggz 
space
space
space
$207 | Props total: 687 687
Relapse the best sh*t he dropped since Eminem show. People trash it for the accents but a lot of the rhyme schemes he used wouldn’t have worked otherwise so that’s creativity to me. Closest thing to sslp that he’s put out
+2   

1 week ago '17        #25
Tom Herman 372 heat pts372
space
space
$13,192 | Props total: 47276 47276
Trash then trash now

Home      

most viewed right now
+33online now  32
Thick Twitter Butts 🍑
38 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+44online now  23
May 24 - Amazon is selling entire houses for less than $20,000 — with free shi..
120 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  21
Image(s) inside Ultimate Bedwench story: Woman leaves family to marry inmate across th..
79 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+200online now  14
Image(s) inside Life: When Eddie Murphy said "I know a bi**h named Della hit harder th..
88 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy