The next iPhone update coming this fall will make Apple's apps much more useful

most viewed right now
-27  61
41 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '15        #1
3635 page views
31 comments

BuyGold 3229 heat pts3229
space
space
$10,531 | Props total: 50579 50579
The next iPhone update coming this fall will make Apple's apps much more useful

Apple is planning to announce a host of new iPhone features at its annual developers conference next month that introduce improvements to the company's core apps, according to Bloomberg.

The new software, likely to be called iOS 13, will reportedly sprinkle many minor updates across Apple's roster of apps like Apple Maps, Reminders, iMessage, and Health among others that could make them more compelling options to third-party alternatives.

Apple typically unveils new software for its iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac devices at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June. But previous reports had suggested that this year's update will be more iPad-centric, while Bloomberg's latest piece provides a deeper look at what we can expect to see on the iPhone later this year.

Apple will redesign its Health app with a new section called "hearing health," which would track the volume of music being played through headphones as well as noise from your surroundings, says Bloomberg. The app will also feature a new homepage that more clearly shows a user's activity from the day and improved menstrual cycle tracking. Apple's iOS 13 update will also bring a new Sleep Mode that will mute notifications, turn on Do Not Disturb, and dim the lock screen, the report indicates.

The iPhone's Reminders app will also get a new interface that divides tasks into four categories: tasks for today, all tasks, scheduled tasks, and flagged tasks, according to Bloomberg. Mail and Safari will get new updates too, and iOS 13 will bring general system-wide performance improvements to Apple devices as well, the report says.

The biggest new features coming to the iPad reportedly include the ability to use Apple's tablet as a second display for Mac computers and improved multitasking. This could include a new interface that lets users tab through different versions of the same app on the iPad.

Apple has long been criticized over the quality of its first-party apps, and if Bloomberg's report is any indication, it appears that the company is looking to reverse that perception. In some cases, third-party alternatives offer more features and customization than Apple's own apps, as my colleague Dave Smith details here.

The update would also come as Apple navigates its relationship with developers amidst concerns that its control over the App Store and the iPhone's software gives it an unfair advantage when competing against third-party apps. Spotify, for example, filed an antitrust complaint with the European Union in March over the 30% tax it charges on purchases made through Apple's payment system.
visit this link https://www.businessinsid .. -report-2019-5
+2   

31 comments for "The next iPhone update coming this fall will make Apple's apps much more useful"

2 weeks ago '11        #2
KingP1n 351 heat pts351
space
space
$8,340 | Props total: 4877 4877
That's nice but the home screen needs a revamp, but I look forward to what iOS 13 brings.
+6   

2 weeks ago '14        #3
JTDaPROducer 
space
space
$209 | Props total: 151 151
Government bullsh**... they level out your music based on your surroundings,, in other words they can hear sh*t at all times??:raytimdonotwant :
+7   

2 weeks ago '10        #4
Frasier 246 heat pts246
space
space
$19,106 | Props total: 10481 10481
How about you make it so you can select multiple icons at once, and move them all into a folder instead of having to move one at a time? sh*t is not only fu*king annoying, its been needing updating for a decade.

+11   

2 weeks ago '17        #5
TROY 
space
space
$2,311 | Props total: 5765 5765
 Frasier said
How about you make it so you can select multiple icons at once, and move them all into a folder instead of having to move one at a time? sh*t is not only fu*king annoying, its been needing updating for a decade.

Or moving icons wherever tf I want...I want my sh*t at the bottom of the screen
+5   

2 weeks ago '05        #6
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,251 | Props total: 4710 4710
 Frasier said

You been able to do that since iOS11 my guy

[video - click to view]

+29   

2 weeks ago '10        #7
Frasier 246 heat pts246
space
space
$19,106 | Props total: 10481 10481
 BurninLz said

DOG.....I'm happy you're telling me this but it almost pisses me off. I'm stupid.

The other day I organized my screen n sh*t took me forever...now I find out this sh*t exists.

+21   

2 weeks ago '05        #8
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
 Frasier said
DOG.....I'm happy you're telling me this but it almost pisses me off. I'm stupid.

The other day I organized my screen n sh*t took me forever...now I find out this sh*t exists.

Dead a*s i felt the same way lmao Not our fault tho. Apple doesn’t do a very good job with advertising features like this
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #9
Duntaz 70 heat pts70
space
space
$17,513 | Props total: 14410 14410
How long they been saying that
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #10
mac58 250 heat pts250
space
space
$8,447 | Props total: 16052 16052
rename the title OP:
Minor improvements to a bunch of apps no one uses

Last edited by mac58; 05-08-2019 at 08:51 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #11
Anti 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,089 | Props total: 14188 14188
we're finally getting swype keyboard bois

I missed this feature on android

2 weeks ago '06        #12
One Less Reason 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,400 | Props total: 2535 2535
 Anti said
we're finally getting swype keyboard bois

I missed this feature on android
Are you talking about the regular swype to text keyboards? If so they've had that feature forever - ever since they opened it up for you to use a custom keyboard in iOS whatever number it was.

I think when it first started SwiftKey was even free. That's the one I've been using for years.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #13
Plair 200 heat pts200
space
space
$8,663 | Props total: 14024 14024
Apple with the finess once again
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #14
badboy600 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,934 | Props total: 3183 3183
Yall still use iPhones?

2 weeks ago '05        #15
Ushouldpayme 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,078 | Props total: 788 788
They need to improve whatever causes the app crashes and screen lag. The last couple of software updates are terrible. My X used to be butter now it’s a moto droid from 2017.

1 week ago '19        #16
l3altimore 7 7 heat pts
space
space
$324 | Props total: 1048 1048
 mac58 said
rename the title OP:
Minor improvements to a bunch of apps no one uses
"The app will also feature a new homepage that more clearly shows a user's activity from the day and improved menstrual cycle tracking."

Last edited by l3altimore 7; 05-09-2019 at 02:46 PM..

1 week ago '19        #17
l3altimore 7 7 heat pts
space
space
$324 | Props total: 1048 1048
 badboy600 said
Yall still use iPhones?
iPhony

1 week ago '05        #18
THEINFAMOUS 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,469 | Props total: 17732 17732
 BurninLz said

Never seen this in my life
+1   

1 week ago '05        #19
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
 badboy600 said
Yall still use iPhones?
You still let Google collect every single detail about your life?

1 week ago '19        #20
16z 
space
space
space
$196 | Props total: 531 531
 Frasier said

Usually some app that tells you a bunch of new shortcuts that don’t get talked Bout
+1   

1 week ago '04        #21
DJ Maximum|M 64 heat pts64
space
space
$46,740 | Props total: 25592 25592
 BurninLz said
You still let Google collect every single detail about your life?

Apple doesnt?

they closed their ecosystem

1 week ago '05        #22
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
 DJ Maximum said
Apple doesnt?

they closed their ecosystem
There's no such thing as 100% privacy/security and all the major tech companies have some scummy aspects to them but Google’s entire business model is selling your data to advertisers. Apple's business model is to sell things to you. Google claims ownership of and the right to use and republish anything posted on any of its sites. Microsoft and Apple do not. Apple doesn’t build user profiles based on browsing habits or email contents and then sell that data to advertisers like Google does

1 week ago '04        #23
DJ Maximum|M 64 heat pts64
space
space
$46,740 | Props total: 25592 25592
 BurninLz said
There's no such thing as 100% privacy/security and all the major tech companies have some scummy aspects to them but Google’s entire business model is selling your data to advertisers. Apple's business model is to sell things to you. Google claims ownership of and the right to use and republish anything posted on any of its sites. Microsoft and Apple do not. Apple doesn’t build user profiles based on browsing habits or email contents and then sell that data to advertisers like Google does
Lmao keep dreaming fam they do it too. They push ads based on your profile location and things you look at as well read your texts and emails. They claimed Google was the only one that did it. Read their privacy policy. That's why they have a closed ecosystem. It ain't for security purposes.

1 week ago '15        #24
Minkscobar! 79 heat pts79
space
space
$5,108 | Props total: 12806 12806
 DJ Maximum said
Lmao keep dreaming fam they do it too. They push ads based on your profile location and things you look at as well read your texts and emails. They claimed Google was the only one that did it. Read their privacy policy. That's why they have a closed ecosystem. It ain't for security purposes.
What you terrorist trying to hide?

I never understood people crying "No privacy" if they really wanted to they could turn on the camera on your phone at any moment and just watch you do stupid sh*t.

6 days ago '12        #25
cal classick 
space
space
$7,379 | Props total: 12687 12687
 BurninLz said

mind blown

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
+18online now  29
Video inside Norwegian Woman Runs And Jumps Majestically Like A Horse
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+119online now  28
Image(s) inside 🇨🇮 shawty
39 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-93online now  19
How much do y'all tip?
241 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+37online now  17
Video inside How Do Ya'll Feel About Lil' Flip?
144 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy