MK 11 Follows Tradition by Scamming More Gamers Out of Content With Microtransactions.

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 month ago '04        #1
3938 page views
101 comments

cold_young_thug 46 heat pts46
space
space
$11,005 | Props total: 4272 4272
MK 11 Follows Tradition by Scamming More Gamers Out of Content With Microtransactions.

Couple redditors got the game early, have uncovered the future dlc in the game files. (spawn incoming.) I'll link the dlc below for those dont want the spoiler.

In addition they've gotten to play the single-player, and use the customization options outlined in the trailers. Their reactions are below.

"tl;dr --

Locked, paid-for content (not 'extra' DLC -- just stuff already a part of the base game) is tied to a layered (more than one) RNG (random number generator) system, with very low acquisition rates, oodles of content padding ("titles" and other garbage), cloned items drops (*unconfirmed), are not necessarily character specific in nature (*players can use in-game currency to purchase char. specific "towers") and / or otherwise (without gear) insurmountable in-game completion tasks (example: cheating CPU opponents requiring the very "gear" to defeat which the tasks themselves lock out). Most of the equippable items are "gear" and gear level specific (gear has an levelling / XP component) and, therefore, need to be re-acquired (*or their attributes "re-rolled") when new items are obtained.

Note:

- These "unlockables" do not encompass only throw-away icons and banners, but, also apply to CHARACTER INTROS / OUTROS, BRUTALITIES / FATALITIES, GEAR PIECES ("AUGMENTS") AND FULL CHAR. SKINS.

Alternatively, all the locked content can be unlocked by further investing real-world money into the game's surrogate / euphemistic currency, "Time Krytsals". That is to suggest, these grind walls are almost certainly in place to goad people into spending even more money -- above the premium triple-A price tag + DLC / season pass(es) -- in order to gain access to the content they were promised, that the game was promoted with and that they have already fully paid for, and in a reasonable time frame. In other words, MMO retail content pricing models are being applied to the premium priced, AAA video game, Mortal Kombat 11.

Notes:

- Most content-unlocking REQUIRES ONLINE CONNECTIVITY, and any content left unlockable offline, must then establish server connection in order to be saved to the player profile, upon subsequent log-in (*confirmed by developer, Derek Kirtzik -- "...So you're not trying to give yourself rewards that you don't have").

- No information has yet been given as to whether OFFLINE PvP VERSUS PLAY WILL PERMIT THE USE OF CUSTOMISED CHARACTERS. Meaning, if MK11 gimps player-2 to default / vanilla characters only (as the game it's borrowing so heavily from, Injustice 2 did), all customisation and the acquisition thereof, will be for versus-dumbot or "kasual" online mode/s only."

For some, this is no big deal. They dont play the game to customize the color of scorpions guard, Nor will they play 1000 matches to unlock the camo one. But for those that were interested, knowing its basically loot boxes is dissapointing.

visit this link https://www.reddit.com/r/ .. _leaked_files/

visit this link https://www.reddit.com/r/ .. nd_walls_more/
+12   

101 comments for "MK 11 Follows Tradition by Scamming More Gamers Out of Content With Microtransactions."

1 month ago '11        #2
Gamemusic 
space
space
$2,228 | Props total: 1877 1877
Damn not MK11 too? With all the positive news it's been getting this is the wrong way to go. Shout out once again to Nintendo for releasing Smash with 70 plus characters.
+53   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '18        #3
Blaffy 146 heat pts146
space
space
$10,265 | Props total: 33939 33939
Got fu*kin damn it
Well I'm just grind what I can get, and others it will stay locked

This is BS
+10   

1 month ago '04        #4
boimannie2004 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,040 | Props total: 1382 1382
Played the switch version for a bit and ALL unlockables require ONLINE connectivity even the story mode unlocks. Each character has a total of

90 cosmetic unlocks
60 skin unlocks
4 Intros
4 Vicotries
2 Fatalities

There are different ways to unlock them too which seems quite excessive such as a Kronika Chest,Story Mode, Towers of Time mode, Character Tower, The Krypt/special locations in the Krypt, Premier or Boss Portal, and The Forge.

People will just say fu*k it and rather pay instead of waste time going after something I guess.

As far as offline PVP from what I can see in the switch version is that PLAYER 1 can use either one of the 2 ready made templates for a character OR they can select one that they have customized themselves. PLAYER 2 only gets to choose from the 2 ready made templates. Not sure if that could change if Player 2 was actually able to sign in.

You can do offline tournament mode and then all characters have one moveset and no custom characters can be used.

Last edited by boimannie2004; 04-20-2019 at 04:22 PM..
+6   

1 month ago '04        #5
jsmooth-117 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$14,193 | Props total: 16715 16715
Hopefully, this isn't surprising to anyone. Gone are the days of paying for a game (once) and not having to pay for extras.
+29   

1 month ago '17        #6
1Oh 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,635 | Props total: 18586 18586
I'll wait until more reliable sources play the game thoroughly. The outrage ain't really connecting right now with me.
+1   

1 month ago '11        #7
Tooly Da Gawd 33 heat pts33
space
space
$5,512 | Props total: 4835 4835
I been told yall f*ghting games are on their way out

they about to r*pe your pockets on the way too , all started going down hill with SFV
+9   

1 month ago '17        #8
Exodus 313 37 heat pts37
space
space
$6,335 | Props total: 12505 12505
In English?
+9   

1 month ago '05        #9
Micheal C. Will 29 heat pts29
space
space
$31,502 | Props total: 28894 28894
Ed Boon Says Mortal Kombat 11’s Microtransactions Won’t Make Us Angry

Mortal Kombat 11 will not feature loot boxes though microtransactions are going to make an appearance

Mortal Kombat 11's microtransactions aren't 'pay-to-win'

+5   

1 month ago '16        #10
wesleypipes 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,720 | Props total: 14779 14779
 cold_young_thug said
Couple redditors got the game early, have uncovered the future dlc in the game files. (spawn incoming.) I'll link the dlc below for those dont want the spoiler.

In addition they've gotten to play the single-player, and use the customization options outlined in the trailers. Their reactions are below.

"tl;dr --

Locked, paid-for content (not 'extra' DLC -- just stuff already a part of the base game) is tied to a layered (more than one) RNG (random number generator) system, with very low acquisition rates, oodles of content padding ("titles" and other garbage), cloned items drops (*unconfirmed), are not necessarily character specific in nature (*players can use in-game currency to purchase char. specific "towers") and / or otherwise (without gear) insurmountable in-game completion tasks (example: cheating CPU opponents requiring the very "gear" to defeat which the tasks themselves lock out). Most of the equippable items are "gear" and gear level specific (gear has an levelling / XP component) and, therefore, need to be re-acquired (*or their attributes "re-rolled") when new items are obtained.

Note:

- These "unlockables" do not encompass only throw-away icons and banners, but, also apply to CHARACTER INTROS / OUTROS, BRUTALITIES / FATALITIES, GEAR PIECES ("AUGMENTS") AND FULL CHAR. SKINS.

Alternatively, all the locked content can be unlocked by further investing real-world money into the game's surrogate / euphemistic currency, "Time Krytsals". That is to suggest, these grind walls are almost certainly in place to goad people into spending even more money -- above the premium triple-A price tag + DLC / season pass(es) -- in order to gain access to the content they were promised, that the game was promoted with and that they have already fully paid for, and in a reasonable time frame. In other words, MMO retail content pricing models are being applied to the premium priced, AAA video game, Mortal Kombat 11.

Notes:

- Most content-unlocking REQUIRES ONLINE CONNECTIVITY, and any content left unlockable offline, must then establish server connection in order to be saved to the player profile, upon subsequent log-in (*confirmed by developer, Derek Kirtzik -- "...So you're not trying to give yourself rewards that you don't have").

- No information has yet been given as to whether OFFLINE PvP VERSUS PLAY WILL PERMIT THE USE OF CUSTOMISED CHARACTERS. Meaning, if MK11 gimps player-2 to default / vanilla characters only (as the game it's borrowing so heavily from, Injustice 2 did), all customisation and the acquisition thereof, will be for versus-dumbot or "kasual" online mode/s only."

For some, this is no big deal. They dont play the game to customize the color of scorpions guard, Nor will they play 1000 matches to unlock the camo one. But for those that were interested, knowing its basically loot boxes is dissapointing.

been playing the mobile they did the same sh*t this about to be the worst mk fu*k who support this sh*t
+2   

1 month ago '04        #11
cold_young_thug 46 heat pts46 OP
space
space
 wesleypipes said
been playing the mobile they did the same sh*t this about to be the worst mk fu*k who support this sh*t
I already preordered. I dont agree with this "grinding" sh*t put into every game solely for the purpose of extracting more money. some of us dont have hours upon hours to play a fu*kin game every night. Some of us have real lives.

Some people dont care.
+6   

1 month ago '04        #12
cold_young_thug 46 heat pts46 OP
space
space
 1Oh said
I'll wait until more reliable sources play the game thoroughly. The outrage ain't really connecting right now with me.
these are reddit nerds complaining. If they have an issue, its probably an actual issue.
+9   

1 month ago '15        #13
mwtx 
space
space
$7,398 | Props total: 5387 5387
 wesleypipes said
Mfs shoulda known when they had some 21 fuccboi track in the reveal trailer.

+7   

1 month ago '17        #14
Maladar 
space
space
$258 | Props total: 575 575
Just wait till a year after release for the "game of the year edition" full game for $39.99 (or less), it's not like u HAVE to play it on release....plenty other sh*t to do
+20   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '18        #15
Blaffy 146 heat pts146
space
space
$10,265 | Props total: 33939 33939
 Maladar said
Just wait till a year after release for the "game of the year edition" full game for $39.99 (or less), it's not like u HAVE to play it on release....plenty other sh*t to do
This!

But I fell for it lmfao
+3   

1 month ago '18        #16
BIG FONT 11 heat pts11
space
space
$738 | Props total: 3357 3357
Meanwhile I'm over here playing mortal kombat 2 for free mane you tell me who won
+11   

1 month ago '18        #17
Doc Da Great 419 heat pts419
space
space
$6,590 | Props total: 27279 27279

[pic - click to view]

+6   

1 month ago '05        #18
kriskross00 131 heat pts131
space
space
$22,829 | Props total: 41285 41285
 BIG FONT said
Meanwhile I'm over here playing mortal kombat 2 for free mane you tell me who won
Step yo game up mane...cop that MK trilogy or ultimate 3
+5   

1 month ago '09        #19
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,814 | Props total: 1807 1807
Ima cop the Ultimate goty edition, got 11 other games I haven't even touched yet
+2   

1 month ago '06        #20
NorthNorthReppa 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,898 | Props total: 737 737
 boimannie2004 said
Played the switch version for a bit and ALL unlockables require ONLINE connectivity even the story mode unlocks. Each character has a total of

90 cosmetic unlocks
60 skin unlocks
4 Intros
4 Vicotries
2 Fatalities

There are different ways to unlock them too which seems quite excessive such as a Kronika Chest,Story Mode, Towers of Time mode, Character Tower, The Krypt/special locations in the Krypt, Premier or Boss Portal, and The Forge.

People will just say fu*k it and rather pay instead of waste time going after something I guess.

As far as offline PVP from what I can see in the switch version is that PLAYER 1 can use either one of the 2 ready made templates for a character OR they can select one that they have customized themselves. PLAYER 2 only gets to choose from the 2 ready made templates. Not sure if that could change if Player 2 was actually able to sign in.

You can do offline tournament mode and then all characters have one moveset and no custom characters can be used.
It looks like a*s in handheld too. If you were wanting it for this, I'd say stick to the TV, I'm still going to get retail, just for PS4 instead.

1 month ago '04        #21
boimannie2004 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,040 | Props total: 1382 1382
 NorthNorthReppa said
It looks like a*s in handheld too. If you were wanting it for this, I'd say stick to the TV, I'm still going to get retail, just for PS4 instead.
Man I got it for free and it is straight trash graphics wise on the switch. Characters are missing pixels and the hair is just laughable in game and very distracting to look at. I will be getting it on the one x. Just wanted to try it out before I buy, but it looks like a grindy game to unlock most anything in it.
+1   

1 month ago '12        #22
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,967 | Props total: 2811 2811
we seen a trailer with whole orchestras, real music for the trailers, huge reveal event, Shang Tsung from the movie, Ronda Rousey, mad ads, real face scans, they said the plan is to end up having a longer lifespan than the other NRS titles, krypt is its own in-depth adventure game, completely redone UE3, etc.
lol y’all didn’t expect this????
im not surprised the krypt isn’t fixed crates again after overhauling the whole mode.
costumes is cool but i’m here to play a f*ghting game i’m a fan of lol. never bought the krypt unlock sh*t last MK or mother boxes and won’t this game.
done seen two big posts on reddit regarding the krypt and two completely different opinions. maybe y’all should wait and see for yourself if it’s a grind or not.
+2   

1 month ago '12        #23
Thworldisyours 63 heat pts63
space
space
$10,484 | Props total: 24655 24655
 Tron Carter said
we seen a trailer with whole orchestras, real music for the trailers, huge reveal event, Shang Tsung from the movie, Ronda Rousey, mad ads, real face scans, they said the plan is to end up having a longer lifespan than the other NRS titles, krypt is its own in-depth adventure game, completely redone UE3, etc.
lol y’all didn’t expect this????
im not surprised the krypt isn’t fixed crates again after overhauling the whole mode.
costumes is cool but i’m here to play a f*ghting game i’m a fan of lol. never bought the krypt unlock sh*t last MK or mother boxes and won’t this game.
done seen two big posts on reddit regarding the krypt and two completely different opinions. maybe y’all should wait and see for yourself if it’s a grind or not.
Yeah, real talk, the only thing I had on my mind when I saw that orchestra vid was "WTF is the budget for this game lol"

100 mil? More?

If that's the case, you goddamn right they will be RAPING YOU RAPING YOU RAPING YOU!!!!

[pic - click to view]

+5   

4 weeks ago '15        #24
RickJamez 13 heat pts13
space
space
$957 | Props total: 2626 2626
fu*k that, lucky I didnt pre order that sh*t but chose days gone cause they both drop the same week and ain't got the time 2 play both.
MK11 looked really dope though but Days Gone was a lil better for me and looks like its pays off.
+1   

4 weeks ago '18        #25
Gmac 
space
space
space
$280 | Props total: 652 652
 Maladar said
It looks like I definitely ain't buying this sh*t, until that gotyy box hits 19.99 in a few years
+2   

Home      

most viewed right now
+70online now  43
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Tiara?
32 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+67online now  35
Image(s) inside WOW: Dr. DRE Get EXPOSED For CLOUT CHASING OFF NIPSEY HUSSLE! Ignored ..
200 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+40online now  32
May 20 - Sex for sale in Spain | DW Documentary
62 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+59online now  22
Video inside "🤦*♂️😆😆 Buck Gay As A Motherfu-ker..
143 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy