Apr 19 - Illinois cop pulls man over - gives ride to job interview instead of a ticket

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 month ago '04        #1
1767 page views
47 comments

JJH35 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,163 | Props total: 1487 1487
Apr 19 - Illinois cop pulls man over - gives ride to job interview instead of a ticket

This Illinois man thought he was getting a ticket; he got a job instead.

Ka’Shawn Baldwin, 22, was pulled over on his way to a job interview on Wednesday because he had borrowed a car with expired license plates. Worse, when Cahokia, Ill., Officer Roger Gemoules asked to see his ID, Baldwin’s license was expired.

“I thought it was over,” Baldwin told CNN. “The main thing that was running through my mind [was] I’m fixin’ to miss the job interview and get the car towed that wasn’t even mine.”

But these two men have gone viral on Facebook FB, -0.28% over the past 24 hours because instead of writing him a ticket, Gemoules gave Baldwin a ride to his interview at a FedEx FDX, +0.05% facility in Sauget a few miles away.

“He was very respectful when I pulled him over and you could just tell — I could feel that he really was wanting to get to this job interview,” said Gemoules, a resource officer for Cahokia High School who was on patrol because the school is closed for spring break this week. He let Baldwin drive the car to a safe place to park, following behind, and then gave him a lift to the interview.

Baldwin said he was a few minutes late, but he made it — and he got the job. He told local outlet KSDK that he’s been hired as a package handler at FedEx. He also works at a McDonald’s MCD, +1.72% in Belleville, Ill., which is a 90-minute bus ride from his East St. Louis home. He’s working both jobs to save up enough to renew his license, get a car and buy a house.

The Cahokia mayor’s a*sistant, Francella Jackson, shared the story on Facebook on Wednesday that’s drawn more than 28,000 reactions and been shared almost 9,000 times. “I would like to thank Officer Gemoules for showing compassion and being a great example of how community-oriented policing actually works,” Jackson wrote.

Neither man nor the Cahokia police department or mayor’s office were available for comment to MarketWatch, although Officer Gemoules shared a picture of himself with Baldwin on his personal Facebook page, writing, “I appreciate all of the kind words people have said, posted, texted, or called me to say. I enjoy what I do and never expected all of this. There are many police officers that do great things everyday. This one just happened to go viral.”
src: visit this link https://www.marketwatch.c .. ket-2019-04-19
+38   

47 comments for "Apr 19 - Illinois cop pulls man over - gives ride to job interview instead of a ticket"

1 month ago '07        #2
No Notoriety 128 heat pts128
space
space
$7,853 | Props total: 13808 13808
Congratulations on the job. But I feel like the cop took him to see if he was lying to book him for double charges.
+45   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #3
lucifershammer 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,289 | Props total: 25876 25876
This is how "they" going to bring back slavery

1 month ago '04        #4
killadre 243 heat pts243
space
space
$21,965 | Props total: 20804 20804

He’s working both jobs to save up enough to renew his license, get a car and buy a house.

[pic - click to view]

It cost like $30 to renew in this state. I’ll send fam that to get him started on his mission. Hit me up Shawn I got you
+38   

1 month ago '12        #5
Di Warlord 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,915 | Props total: 17239 17239
that's what's up
+1   

1 month ago '17        #6
Willy Boban 224 heat pts224
space
space
space
$8,563 | Props total: 35937 35937
I dare a n*gga to pull up to my company for a job interview with a cop in tow.

[pic - click to view]

+33   

1 month ago '16        #7
wesleypipes 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,720 | Props total: 14779 14779
 JJH35 said

[pic - click to view]

src:
thats fu*ked up the police department didnt comment they should say this is who we really are that the end of day or some sh*t

1 month ago '15        #8
black tesla 
space
space
$204 | Props total: 695 695
 killadre said

He’s working both jobs to save up enough to renew his license, get a car and buy a house.

[pic - click to view]

It cost like $30 to renew in this state. I’ll send fam that to get him started on his mission. Hit me up Shawn I got you
That's the cost if you dont owe tickets, taxes, etc.
+8   

1 month ago '15        #9
black tesla 
space
space
$204 | Props total: 695 695
 No Notoriety said
Congratulations on the job. But I feel like the cop took him to see if he was lying to book him for double charges.
He had enough to get him with driving with an expired license, have the car towed, and God knows what else. I am suspicious of cops but you're reaching on this one.

+23   

1 month ago '04        #10
killadre 243 heat pts243
space
space
$21,965 | Props total: 20804 20804
 black tesla said
That's the cost if you dont owe tickets, taxes, etc.
Article says renewal, not reinstate
+1   

1 month ago '14        #11
Oceans 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,477 | Props total: 4108 4108
fu*k outta here with this sh*t,
dude want a tap on his back for being nice
meant pat

1 month ago '07        #12
No Notoriety 128 heat pts128
space
space
$7,853 | Props total: 13808 13808
 black tesla said
He had enough to get him with driving with an expired license, have the car towed, and God knows what else. I am suspicious of cops but you're reaching on this one.

Come on Black! Lying to an officer is like winning a scratch off.

Those convicted of Perjury in Illinois can receive a prison sentence of 2-5 years, and a fine of up to $25,000

[pic - click to view]

Lying to Get Out of a Traffic Ticket

Though drivers are notorious for trying to think up elaborate and believable excuses when they are pulled over for minor offenses like speeding, a false excuse could lead to a real arrest. One New Hampshire woman learned this the hard way.

After being pulled over for speeding, she told the officer that her father was dying in the hospital. The officer let her go with a warning, but later called the hospital to check on her father only to discover that the dying father had died years ago and he had been duped. He then discovered that the woman had been driving with a suspended registration. The officer then went to her home and arrested her.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by No Notoriety; 04-20-2019 at 04:05 PM..

1 month ago '15        #13
The Dudeness 29 heat pts29
space
space
$2,053 | Props total: 10723 10723
 Willy Boban said

[pic - click to view]

But nah y’all some evil a*s n*ggas in here.

The cop did a real good thing, he deserves the applause on the same level as the hatred we’d spew towards the bad ones.
+7   

1 month ago '05        #14
JimDinO77 21 heat pts21
space
space
$26,248 | Props total: 11676 11676
That’s wussup.... cop could have easily set him back easily, and had that n*gga pulling kick doors or B&E’s to eat
+1   

1 month ago '17        #15
space
space
space
 The Dudeness said

But nah y’all some evil a*s n*ggas in here.

The cop did a real good thing, he deserves the applause on the same level as the hatred we’d spew towards the bad ones.
I applaud the cop. But as an employer. Dude showed me that he would jeopardize your sh*t. Just like he did his partners car while knowing the tags were expired.

1 month ago '12        #16
OldBusiness 179 heat pts179
space
space
$29,570 | Props total: 51738 51738
Did they make a GoFundMe for homie? I'd like to lend a hand
+1   

1 month ago '12        #17
TheThreadLord 1782 heat pts1782
space
space
space
$10,767 | Props total: 5613 5613
 Willy Boban said

[pic - click to view]

this not the first time I see this gif. Where is this from
+1   

1 month ago '05        #18
jondaincredible 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 544 544
n*ggas just can't accept the fact that it was a nice story and keep it moving...
+9   

1 month ago '17        #19
space
space
space
Employer to the kid:

Is that your ride waiting for you fam? And did you get outta the passenger seat or outta the back?

Last edited by Willy Boban; 04-20-2019 at 04:32 PM..
+4   

1 month ago '05        #20
jsilerio 141 heat pts141
space
space
$17,430 | Props total: 35520 35520
That where I went to high school

+1   

1 month ago '13        #21
ToneDaOne 
space
space
$206 | Props total: 221 221
 Willy Boban said
I applaud the cop. But as an employer. Dude showed me that he would jeopardize your sh*t. Just like he did his partners car while knowing the tags were expired.

His friend jeopardized his own sh*t by letting someone borrow his whip wit expired tags
+4   

1 month ago '15        #22
The Dudeness 29 heat pts29
space
space
$2,053 | Props total: 10723 10723
 Willy Boban said

But why should the employer feel at risk? As an employer, your sh*t should be legit. Squeaky clean. I’d be impressed that the Lil dude had that much dedication and ambition about himself to make it to the interview no matter what.

Plus, I’ve worked at UPS in one of those warehouses. It’s a horrible, sh*tty job. They’ll hire anyone.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #23
space
space
space
 The Dudeness said
But why should the employer feel at risk? As an employer, your sh*t should be legit. Squeaky clean. I’d be impressed that the Lil dude had that much dedication and ambition about himself to make it to the interview no matter what.

Plus, I’ve worked at UPS in one of those warehouses. It’s a horrible, sh*tty job. They’ll hire anyone.
Nah fam. He the type to hop on the forklift without being certified. And thats a no no.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #24
Khazano 
space
space
$2,507 | Props total: 371 371
 killadre said

[pic - click to view]

My bad I meant to prop!

1 month ago '17        #25
FroBE 25 heat pts25
space
space
$572 | Props total: 2634 2634
"The main thing that was running through my mind [was] I’m fixin’ to miss the job interview and get the car towed that wasn’t even mine.”

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by FroBE; 04-20-2019 at 04:45 PM..
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+69online now  55
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Tiara?
32 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+67online now  34
Image(s) inside WOW: Dr. DRE Get EXPOSED For CLOUT CHASING OFF NIPSEY HUSSLE! Ignored ..
200 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+39online now  33
May 20 - Sex for sale in Spain | DW Documentary
62 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+59online now  17
Video inside "🤦*♂️😆😆 Buck Gay As A Motherfu-ker..
142 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy