Apr 16 - positive drug tests hit a 14 year high

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 month ago '09        #1
3204 page views
103 comments

messy marv stan 5283 heat pts5283
space
space
$72,061 | Props total: 119580 119580
Apr 16 - positive drug tests hit a 14 year high

devils lettuce - shiskaberry x great white shark

visit this link https://www.hrdive.com/ne .. n-2018/552679/

Positive workforce drug-testing results hit a 14-year high in the U.S. in 2018 with a positivity rate of 4.4%, according to the findings of a Quest Diagnostics analysis released last week. The 4.4% mark is the highest rate since 2004's positivity rate of 4.5%, and is 25% higher than the 30-year low of 3.5% recorded between 2010 and 2012, the clinical lab provider said.

The analysis showed marijuana remains the most commonly used of all illicit substances, with a near 8% increase in positive urine test results in the general workforce and nearly 5% in the federal workforce. The company's results showed marijuana use has only continued to increase, Barry Sample, Quest Diagnostics' senior director of science and technology, said in statement. "As marijuana policy changes, and employers consider strategies to protect their employees, customers and general public, employers should weigh the risks that drug use, including marijuana, poses to their business," Sample said.

But positive drug-testing rates decreased across all opiate categories and all workforce categories, according to Quest. Positivity for opiates like codeine and morphine declined nearly 21% between 2017 and 2018, while positivity results for heroin declined by 6%. The index found a rise in urine specimens reported as invalid, suggesting there may have been more attempts to skew test results, Quest said.

Dive Insight:

The analysis shows an uptick in marijuana test results during a timeframe in which a number of states have legalized the recreational and/or medical use of marijuana. But employers must still note the drug remains a Schedule I controlled substance under federal law.

With marijuana's expanding legalization, employers' duties to abide by their jurisdiction's laws and maintain a safe, drug-free work environment may come into conflict. There are several considerations and important exceptions under state laws for HR to note. Some employers have decided to simply opt out of testing for marijuana altogether, according to a Bloomberg report. A separate report from background check provider First Advantage showed most employers survey said they wouldn't or couldn't hire someone who tested positive for marijuana use.

One area of drug policy that employers might want to be particularly careful of is within the hiring process. Last year, a federal district court upheld a Conneticut state law prohibiting employers from failing to hire people because they use marijuana for medical purposes. Employers must be careful about interfering with workers' marijuana's use offsite and on their own time, but their drug policies can forbid the use of marijuana at the worksite even in states with such laws
+11   

103 comments for "Apr 16 - positive drug tests hit a 14 year high"

1 month ago '18        #2
BrooklynDamien 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,179 | Props total: 13788 13788
n*ggas stopped giving a fu*k. They gonna have to start using saliva tests instead to make sure n*ggas ain't high on the job cuz everybody smoking bruh.
+54   

1 month ago '06        #3
ehizzy3 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,179 | Props total: 1406 1406
 BrooklynDamien said
n*ggas stopped giving a fu*k. They gonna have to start using saliva tests instead to make sure n*ggas ain't high on the job cuz everybody smoking bruh.
Especially with vape pens lol
+15   

1 month ago '04        #4
realkilla3 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,186 | Props total: 11439 11439
 BrooklynDamien said
They need to just stop testing period...if you injure yourself that'd fine u deserve to be tested and fired but just to get a job? Especially if it ain't paying over $20/hr is a waste.

If I can do my job high and I'm not hurting myself or others they need to leave me be and fire my blunt up.
+56   

1 month ago '17        #5
DaQCKing 42 heat pts42
space
space
$7,225 | Props total: 29506 29506
 realkilla3 said
They need to just stop testing period...if you injure yourself that'd fine u deserve to be tested and fired but just to get a job? Especially if it ain't paying over $20/hr is a waste.

If I can do my job high and I'm not hurting myself or others they need to leave me be and fire my blunt up.
Only reason I get tested is because I work in a sensitive position. I could do my job while sleeping and have. I've literally slept the whole 2nd half of my shift. sh*t sucks man. Wish I could toke up and not have to worry.
+6   

1 month ago '04        #6
d.c. supreme 32 heat pts32
space
space
$15,868 | Props total: 16727 16727
 BrooklynDamien said
i've had maybe 3 jobs in the last 10 years or so. each time i got settled into that new job i found out someone slanging from work there's always a weed dealer even in jobs where you don't think there would be, sh*t wild.
+35   

1 month ago '05        #7
OG T Gutta N 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,219 | Props total: 4404 4404
never took a drug test for any job in life , but i figured this problem out when I got into managing dispensaries @ 19, just get paid to get high ... which isn't as fun as you think

THC binds to fat cells , meaning it'll stay in your body for a length time. I don't think a real objective / measurable test exist. DUIs are easily f*ght if no evidence and you know the science.

Unless an objective test non-related to fat cells exist , once federal legalization happen , you'll be able to argue against this in the workplace because they can't determine "when" (due to fat binding) you smoked but simply concentration.

Last edited by OG T Gutta N; 04-17-2019 at 07:44 AM..
+11   

1 month ago '13        #8
darkkingtrey 1 heat pts
space
space
$507 | Props total: 986 986
Ive never been drug tested since joining corporate America and know plenty of folks who smoke at my jobs. You know who they targeting with that testing smfh.
+16   

1 month ago '04        #9
space
space
$1,676 | Props total: 523 523
 d.c. supreme said
i've had maybe 3 jobs in the last 10 years or so. each time i got settled into that new job i found out someone slanging from work there's always a weed dealer even in jobs where you don't think there would be, sh*t wild.
My n*ggaa Fort Riley 2007 to 2012, our UPL aka the person that's in charge of drug testing was selling some of the dankest Reggie sacks in the state. Like Brad would literally sell us $100 worth and then tell us in 17 days you got to p*ss test so be careful. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 swear to God
+10   

1 month ago '04        #10
space
space
The crazy thing about THC test is they can be beat. Just remember you pretty much got to s*** your brains out, then load up on zinc supplements because zinc binds to THC metabolites rather quickly and the day of or if you suspect you will have one soon eat as much greasy s*** as possible.

1 month ago '04        #11
space
space
 8887 said
The crazy thing about THC test is they can be beat. Just remember you pretty much got to s*** your brains out, then load up on zinc supplements because zinc binds to THC metabolites rather quickly and the day of or if you suspect you will have one soon eat as much greasy s*** as possible.
I literally never failed a p*ss test when I was active duty and I was high Maybe 5 to 6 days a week for 7 years when I was smoking heavy

1 month ago '04        #12
Jumpoff21 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,381 | Props total: 2658 2658
 darkkingtrey said
Ive never been drug tested since joining corporate America and know plenty of folks who smoke at my jobs. You know who they targeting with that testing smfh.
Exactly , muthafu*kas ain't slick
+4   

1 month ago '17        #13
DrOTGenesis 
space
space
space
$591 | Props total: 1277 1277
 8887 said
Actually niacin is a better choice because excess zinc can do some bad things in short term, Niacin is a vitamin that reduce a certain type of fat breakdown product and can be easily used to beat test. The trick is you also have to drink a lot of cranberry juice to clear the ones already in your system and then the niacin will reduce the breakdonw of the thc metablolite.
Now this doesnt guarantee you pass as everyones body is different and metabolizes differently. Another thing that can help is to fill the cup mid stream and not in the beginning as that is the most concentrated part of your piss.
+2   

1 month ago '18        #14
GODGOAT 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,339 | Props total: 2883 2883
As a n*gga that is high right at this moment I would like to say I am appalled by the dankness of thus post wait one second I think a n*gga just trucked one of the hoods dogs
+2   

1 month ago '05        #15
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$13,643 | Props total: 9934 9934
 realkilla3 said

Department of Transportation and other types of work say otherwise. Until it's legal on the federal level, the testing will continue. Also, the majority of the US allows employment discrimination too for marijuana, so as long as the employers have that, testing will continue as well.
+2   

1 month ago '05        #16
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
 darkkingtrey said
Who are they targeting? My company and a common practice in my industry gets drug tested at least 3 times a year at random; 2 required by DOT and 1 as a non-DOT requirement.
+1   

1 month ago '15        #17
Madethagreat 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,588 | Props total: 13995 13995
Synthetic p*ss works for me

I popped dirty using my own p*ss this week because my bottle exploded while heating up :/
+5   

1 month ago '04        #18
Fameus 7 heat pts
space
space
$9,122 | Props total: 6651 6651
 realkilla3 said

I have to say this first so y'all dont think i'm anti weed or drugs. I think they should be legal but what you said is cute until you put yourself in the position of running a business, how you gonna explain to your insurance company you hired all these people with out doing drug test and the result is they wired a house wrong or they dropped a pallet on someone or whatever?
+5   

1 month ago '04        #19
space
space
 DrOTGenesis said
Actually niacin is a better choice because excess zinc can do some bad things in short term, Niacin is a vitamin that reduce a certain type of fat breakdown product and can be easily used to beat test. The trick is you also have to drink a lot of cranberry juice to clear the ones already in your system and then the niacin will reduce the breakdonw of the thc metablolite.
Now this doesnt guarantee you pass as everyones body is different and metabolizes differently. Another thing that can help is to fill the cup mid stream and not in the beginning as that is the most concentrated part of your piss.
Nice and never work for me man, when I was smoking heavy I used to go to Walmart and buy a hell of a p*ss test just to make sure I was straight at all times and the niacin method would fail me. I found out about the sink thing from the guy I was buying my s*** from. Like in the service they literally use the same type of test that you can buy at Walmart and the same cut-off point for a positive. You right about the zinc though it's a delicate balance to pull it off.

1 month ago '18        #20
S-Class 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,288 | Props total: 13781 13781
 realkilla3 said

Facts

The nerve of a fu*kin fast food restaurant or some other bull sh*t job to think they too good for somebody that smoke weed to work there
+6   

1 month ago '15        #21
AdRock 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 9637 9637
Cannabis coming for that opioid epidemic. Take that MF down a few pegs...
+4   

1 month ago '11        #22
nfo187 49 heat pts49
space
space
$927 | Props total: 2531 2531
 realkilla3 said

I work for corporate tmobile as a territory rep (I drive 85% of the time) and they dont drug test...John legere smokes the ganj bruh he cant knock us for it lol
+2   

1 month ago '13        #23
darkkingtrey 1 heat pts
space
space
 pnoi89 said
Who are they targeting? My company and a common practice in my industry gets drug tested at least 3 times a year at random; 2 required by DOT and 1 as a non-DOT requirement.
Generally speaking all low end jobs which are inhabitant by minorities and the poor get tested regardless. I work for a gigantic software company now and they do not drug test and neither did my other white collar jobs. For example every temp service or none corporate job my cousin has had, I had to p*ss for him because he needed to pass a test. I'm talking at least ten.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #24
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
 darkkingtrey said
Generally speaking all low end jobs which are inhabitant by minorities and the poor get tested regardless. I work for a gigantic software company now and they do not drug test and neither did my other white collar jobs. For example every temp service or none corporate job my cousin has had, I had to p*ss for him because he needed to pass a test. I'm talking at least ten.
I am in a white collar job as an engineer and we all get drug tested rather regularly, as does everyone working under PHMSA requirements. My industry, oil and gas, is a mix of low, mid and high end jobs.... oil and gas is a rather large chunk of the workforce.
+1   

1 month ago '13        #25
darkkingtrey 1 heat pts
space
space
 pnoi89 said
I am in a white collar job as an engineer and we all get drug tested rather regularly, as does everyone working under PHMSA requirements. My industry, oil and gas, is a mix of low, mid and high end jobs.... oil and gas is a rather large chunk of the workforce.
I know that industry does I use to work for a software development company that sold software to them and only people who went on site needed to get tested no one else in the company and that is only because it is a requirement from that particular customer.

But it doesn't makes sense when im working in the IT department for a clothing store and don't get tested but the folks in the distribution center require one
+2   

Home      

most viewed right now
+70online now  43
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Tiara?
32 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+67online now  35
Image(s) inside WOW: Dr. DRE Get EXPOSED For CLOUT CHASING OFF NIPSEY HUSSLE! Ignored ..
200 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+40online now  32
May 20 - Sex for sale in Spain | DW Documentary
62 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+59online now  22
Video inside "🤦*♂️😆😆 Buck Gay As A Motherfu-ker..
143 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy