Black Summer on Netflix is what The Walking Dead should have been

most viewed right now
-41  56
131 comments @hiphop

section   (7 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '17        #1
6052 page views
167 comments

dubsax 14 heat pts14
space
space
$8,871 | Props total: 27866 27866
Black Summer on Netflix is what The Walking Dead should have been

I know another zombie related TV show/movie right, but give this one a chance.
The way that is filmed is on a different level.

First off is the feel and intensity, its action from the jump.
The way that its shot gives you that constant on edge feeling.

Second, scenes are about only 5 minutes max but will often times replay from a different perspective so that you learn about what happens to each person and why. The lead person or people in one take may be just background people in another. It makes you involved with the character arc and is mre meaningful f that person dies. Unlike TWD where if ts a new person getting shine they die soon.

Lastly the zombies arent bi*ch made, once they turn its on.
They'll sprint, break down doors, climb on cars you name it to get after you, its more like a human from of rabies.
+50   

167 comments for "Black Summer on Netflix is what The Walking Dead should have been"

1 week ago '05        #2
Fauby 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 9927 9927
I hate zombie shows/movies but saw the trailer and this looks good.

Is it worth to watch if I don't like zombies tho?
+9   

1 week ago '05        #3
Muggz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,773 | Props total: 7724 7724
Walking dead isn’t intended to be a hardcore dawn of the dead type zombie thing tho. Even the books it’s a deep character drama with zombies in the background.
Like GOT and the dragons or white walkers. 75% of the show or books are just character building
+41   

1 week ago '13        #4
PBC 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,033 | Props total: 7746 7746
 Muggz said
Walking dead isnít intended to be a hardcore dawn of the dead type zombie thing tho. Even the books itís a deep character drama with zombies in the background.
Like GOT and the dragons or white walkers. 75% of the show or books are just character building
yea thats what people have misunderstood which also is normal... its been years after a while zombies would not be the big issue anymore
+14   

1 week ago '08        #5
thisguymush 3 heat pts
space
space
$639 | Props total: 232 232
hmm lemme add this to my list on netflix
+2   

1 week ago '17        #6
dubsax 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
 Muggz said
Walking dead isnít intended to be a hardcore dawn of the dead type zombie thing tho. Even the books itís a deep character drama with zombies in the background.
true but in the comics you have more of a feeling anyone can die.
Not so much on the show. If they need a death they will give a bigger roe to a lesser character only to k*ll them off later.

The overall pace of the series is what Im talking about.
The TWD comic does that with out zombies by the story arcs involving how the world as changed the humans ie, the hunters, the saviors, the wisperers, the governor and this new colony they are in now.

This one does that in a similar manner so far and does better job in cinematography making you feel like you are in the moment too
+4   

1 week ago '07        #7
Bighempin of QM 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 5334 5334
Needs more black folks! But i'll be watching anyways tho! I love Zombie flims
+10   

1 week ago '17        #8
dubsax 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
 Bighempin of QM said
Needs more black folks! But i'll be watching anyways tho! I love Zombie flims
theres a few from the jump, just not in the trailer
+2   

1 week ago '12        #9
ENAK 
space
space
$651 | Props total: 1834 1834
Glad they have Zombies that can run, much like 28 days later they dont quit.

Now are they k*lling humans or zombies in this show? i cant tell from the trailer seems like a 50/50 split. I stopped watching the walking dead because it turned into humans vs humans, sh*t was too much for me.
+6   

1 week ago '06        #10
Kjizzle03 38 heat pts38
space
space
$26,937 | Props total: 9870 9870
Might have to check it out

1 week ago '05        #11
Micheal C. Will 27 heat pts27
space
space
$31,260 | Props total: 27999 27999
 Muggz said
10 years later and people still think Walking Dead was suppose to be like 28 Days Later or World War Z
+25   

1 week ago '17        #12
dubsax 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
 ENAK said

Now are they k*lling humans or zombies in this show? i cant tell from the trailer seems like a 50/50 split. I stopped watching the walking dead because it turned into humans vs humans, sh*t was too much for me.
both
much like the comic, humans and their desperation given the circumstances are just as big of a threat.
+3   

1 week ago '04        #13
grydlok 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,429 | Props total: 4172 4172
I don't know, this sh*t really is silly. One chick knows she doesn't speak English and keeps talking to people like they understand her.
Seems like they just riding around the same damn street.
+6   

1 week ago '04        #14
grydlok 42 heat pts42
space
space
this show seems like a Syfy channel reject
+10   

1 week ago '07        #15
DIPSET101 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 16339 16339
 ENAK said

Serious question. Would you rather have walking dead type zombies, i am legend type zombies or 28 days later type zombies?
+1   

1 week ago '17        #16
dubsax 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
 grydlok said
I don't know, this sh*t really is silly. One chick knows she doesn't speak English and keeps talking to people like they understand her.
Seems like they just riding around the same damn street.
the beginning episode is the same scene just from different perspectives.
If you actually pay attention to how the scenes are set and titled you can watch prior events unfold in the background an how they relate to what is currently happening.
The show doesnt focus solely on one person.

I dont think its for you if you couldnt grasp that concept right off.
+12   

1 week ago '14        #17
mumbosauce 276 heat pts276
space
space
space
$11,096 | Props total: 17375 17375
 grydlok said
this show seems like a Syfy channel reject
It's a prequel to a Syfy show actually.... Good call
+3   

1 week ago '04        #18
grydlok 42 heat pts42
space
space
 dubsax said
the beginning episode is the same scene just from different perspectives.
If you actually pay attention to how the scenes are set and titled you can watch prior events unfold in the background an how they relate to what is currently happening.
The show doesnt focus solely on one person.

I dont think its for you if you couldnt grasp that concept right off.
Dude, stop trying to high brow me. This isn't the 1st show or movie that used this concept, it is not new.
This is just very cheesy acting and stunt work. You cannot simulate speeding in a vehicle , while it is painfully obvious you are not going over 25 mph.

That preposterous wreck between the 2 vehicles was silly. It's so many small detail with the camera work/ directing that irks the sh*t out me.
+4   

1 week ago '04        #19
grydlok 42 heat pts42
space
space
 mumbosauce said
It's a prequel to a Syfy show actually.... Good call
I knew it, Z nation.

a fu*king "The Asylum" produced show.

Only they do that " fake speeding"with the environment doesn't change or the repetitive back grounds for the same shots. We just drove 5 miles but keep passing the same trailers.
+7   

1 week ago '12        #20
ENAK 
space
space
 DIPSET101 said
Serious question. Would you rather have walking dead type zombies, i am legend type zombies or 28 days later type zombies?
You mean if Zombies were to take over today in real life?

fu*k they have all have their pros and cons. I'd go with the walking dead scenario at least you have a chance to live, even though when you die you'd become a walker. I am legend and 28 days later you wouldn't stand a chance.
+10   

1 week ago '07        #21
DIPSET101 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 16339 16339
 ENAK said

fu*k they have all have their pros and cons. I'd go with the walking dead scenario at least you have a chance to live, even though when you die you'd become a walker. I am legend and 28 days later you wouldn't stand a chance.
At least with i am legend type sh*t you can whatever you need during the day with no problems
+8   

1 week ago '12        #22
ENAK 
space
space
 DIPSET101 said
At least with i am legend type sh*t you can whatever you need during the day with no problems
That's true but you need to have the resources that Will had. He was riding solo for most of the movie too, that could drive people crazy. wasn't the virus airborne too at some point or nah? When it got dark it got real. didn't they follow him back to his house in the end. And those were probably the most athletic and smart Zombies in any movie.

I had this convo with the homies after smoking a blunt of course... would you give up/commit suicide or f*ght for your survival if a zombie apocalypse were ever to breakout? i was surprised how many of my homies would just give up.
+3   

1 week ago '17        #23
Lazy 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,322 | Props total: 8005 8005
 ENAK said

28 days later are infected, not zombies

They starved after 3 months

That's your best bet because it isn't permanent and they can be k*lled like a normal person
+3   

1 week ago '07        #24
Rico23 27 heat pts27
space
space
$46,895 | Props total: 15888 15888
 Micheal C. Will said
10 years later and people still think Walking Dead was suppose to be like 28 Days Later or World War Z
/Thread...

And the same ppl still watching TWD talkin bout bbbbbut I started it so why would i bail now

1 week ago '17        #25
dubsax 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
 grydlok said
Dude, stop trying to high brow me. This isn't the 1st show or movie that used this concept, it is not new.
This is just very cheesy acting and stunt work. You cannot simulate speeding in a vehicle , while it is painfully obvious you are not going over 25 mph.

That preposterous wreck between the 2 vehicles was silly. It's so many small detail with the camera work/ directing that irks the sh*t out me.
nah its just over your head.

you didnt get the irony of the lady not speaking english.
The person she found and was helping was deaf.
Never said it was the 1st or only, just that it does.

Home      

most viewed right now
+76online now  27
Video inside Funny Ass Comedian
45 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+106online now  26
Her wagon full of passion n I ain't passin
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+49online now  26
Image(s) inside Damn Kharla 👀
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  16
Image(s) inside TMZ NEW VIDEO: GETAWAY DRIVER in NIPSEY HUSSLE Shooting BEEN EXPOSED A..
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy