GM reveals Mid-Engine Corvette- 18-July

most viewed right now
+42  110
62 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '04        #1
568 page views
15 comments

Aesop730 15 heat pts15
space
space
$20,845 | Props total: 8396 8396
GM reveals Mid-Engine Corvette- 18-July

The worst-kept secret in autodom is out.

The dam broke Thursday night when General Motors confirmed through multiple venues that it is making the long-rumored mid-engine Corvette - and it will break cover on July 18.

The first production Corvette to sport an engine mounted behind the driver, the next-generation Corvette will be called the C8 and will debut as a Stingray with a 500-horsepower, push-rod V-8 engine.

In a not-so-cryptic notice on GM's website, the company posted to customers: "Don't get left behind. The Next Generation Corvette is the most anticipated Corvette ever. . . . Sign up to receive updates straight from the source and be the first to know about the Next Gen Corvette. "

The post was followed by pictures of GM CEO Mary Barra and Corvette Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter in a camouflaged C8 tooling around New York's Times Square as Barra announced the car's existence at a Big Apple charity event.

The icing on the cake came shortly after when GM performance-car advocate and President Mark Reuss posted pictures of the C8 on his Facebook page.

Rumors of a mid-engine Corvette have been around for years as the current car pushed the boundaries of front-engine performance - and competitors like Ford and Acura moved to mid-engine platforms. The Detroit News first confirmed the existence of the mid-engine car in August of 2016 and spy photographers have taken multiple shots of the car testing on race tracks and roadways around the US.

Watch for further reports about where the C8 will be shown without camouflage, and expect a race car version to debut at the Daytona 24 Hours next January.

visit this link https://www.detroitnews.c .. se/3443887002/
+5   

15 comments for "GM reveals Mid-Engine Corvette- 18-July"

2 weeks ago '17        #2
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
$11,638 | Props total: 48097 48097
I seriously hope they sorted out the chassis problems. The last thing you want to sell is a car Witha twisted one.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #3
postemupndunkit 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,043 | Props total: 23533 23533
Not feeling this at all

2 weeks ago '17        #4
Lazy 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,340 | Props total: 8097 8097
This should be a completely new car
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #5
LovinPavan 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,031 | Props total: 1828 1828
looks like a cross between the newest corvette and a ferrari 430. the design doesn't look modern enough for me.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
 Lazy said
This should be a completely new car
I wish they called it the Zora after Zora Archus Duntov, the father of the Corvette.
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #7
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
$17,397 | Props total: 41516 41516
They reached the limits of front engine rear wheel drive

This should be interesting, I have a feeling it's gonna be fast as sh*t. Like faster than what we expect.
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #8
Silencer 89 heat pts89
space
space
$5,278 | Props total: 6811 6811
Kinda old school NSX-ish
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #9
AlmightySae 
space
space
$1,395 | Props total: 1678 1678
 Silencer said
Kinda old school NSX-ish
Exactly what I was thinking.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #10
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
 ChoAssUp said
They reached the limits of front engine rear wheel drive

This should be interesting, I have a feeling it's gonna be fast as sh*t. Like faster than what we expect.
But you still have to be impressed with the numbers the ZR1 puts out. The fact it will smoke cars 3-5 times its cost is something else. Now imagine the numbers in a mid engine layout.

1 week ago '15        #11
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
But you still have to be impressed with the numbers the ZR1 puts out. The fact it will smoke cars 3-5 times its cost is something else. Now imagine the numbers in a mid engine layout.

Idk bro, the ZR1 was kind of a let down. It's still not touching the 911 GT2. A 911 Turbo S with some aero would make the ZR1 sweat around a track. Definitely not touching any McLaren either. But...for the price it is amazing, no denying that.

1 week ago '17        #12
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
 ChoAssUp said
Idk bro, the ZR1 was kind of a let down. It's still not touching the 911 GT2. A 911 Turbo S with some aero would make the ZR1 sweat around a track. Definitely not touching any McLaren either. But...for the price it is amazing, no denying that.
Nah, a turbo is not meant for handling. It's an autobahn bruiser. And how much more do these cars cost? I'd hope for the price they would be the Vette.
+2   

1 week ago '15        #13
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
Nah, a turbo is not meant for handling. It's an autobahn bruiser. And how much more do these cars cost? I'd hope for the price they would be the Vette.
The turbo is more of a gt car but it still handles incredible. Porsches are pretty much perfect in every way these days. Pretty hard to compete with that...however, the Vette is still dope for the price. I'd still take a Viper ACR over the ZR1. Now I believe this new C8 will be crazy, even the base models. Can't wait to see how it stacks up. Also can't wait to see what Nissan is going to do about the GTR.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #14
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
 ChoAssUp said
The turbo is more of a gt car but it still handles incredible. Porsches are pretty much perfect in every way these days. Pretty hard to compete with that...however, the Vette is still dope for the price. I'd still take a Viper ACR over the ZR1. Now I believe this new C8 will be crazy, even the base models. Can't wait to see how it stacks up. Also can't wait to see what Nissan is going to do about the GTR.
I'm banned around the world from buying a Porsche from the dealership. Let's just say if you rent a GT3 from their factory and they say don't take it on the Nurburgringnordschleife, don't drop it off with a collapsed suspension. There's nothing more perfectly balanced than a Cayman or GT3. One day I'll own a GT3. My wife might kick me out if I buy another car but it might be worth it. But if the C8 can finally fix the traction and chassis balance issues then these companies need to step their game up.
+1   

1 week ago '06        #15
Be Easy 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,072 | Props total: 6909 6909
already know my dad copping this sh*t

6 days ago '04        #16
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$5,752 | Props total: 3777 3777
thought these came out back in '12 or something lol whats the hold up? feels as old as the nissan gt-r or something

Home      

most viewed right now
+26online now  28
Video inside Can we all agree Nip was setup?
172 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+61online now  24
I just gotta smash raw, fam....
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+137online now  20
Image(s) inside They'd Call Me A Sellout C**n If I Brought Her Home