Nipsey Hussleís Puma partnership was strong and authentic

most viewed right now
+36  131
87 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 months ago '13        #1
7294 page views
45 comments

North!!! 449 heat pts449
space
space
$61,242 | Props total: 53924 53924
Nipsey Hussleís Puma partnership was strong and authentic

Nipsey Hussle’s Puma partnership was strong and authentic

He repped the iconic brand as an accomplishment for his city and its people

image Nipsey Hussle wears Puma gear while hosting a party at Gold Room in Atlanta on April 7, 2018.

“See my granny on a jet, some s— I’ll never forget / Next day we flew to Vegas, with my Puma connects”

– Nipsey Hussle, “Racks in the Middle” (feat. Roddy Ricch & Hit-Boy)
On Christmas Day 2017, Nipsey Hussle pulled up to Staples Center in style. For a game between his beloved hometown Los Angeles Lakers and the Minnesota Timberwolves, the 6-foot-3-inch Hussle broke out a throwback Magic Johnson jersey that he paired with some fresh Puma Suedes in a Lakers purple colorway, with gold stripes and white laces. As he watched the game from courtside with partner Lauren London, cameras snapped photos of his kicks.

Nipsey Hussle
Yet Hussle wasn’t just showing off a new pair of shoes. He was actually teasing a major move that he and Puma had been working on for the new year. In mid-January 2018, the West Coast MC arrived at L.A.’s Power 106 for an appearance on The Cruz Show. And with him, he brought a stack of paper and a pen. Before the interview began, Hussle had something huge to share.

“We announcing our partnership with Puma,” he said live on air. “It’s a big situation. We’re gonna be doing co-branding products with my company, The Marathon Clothing. Obviously, I’m gonna be an endorser of the brand … and, you know, it’s gonna be multilayered. So big shout-out to Puma! … I’m ’bout to ink this paperwork right now. Let me put my signature on here … don’t show the amount!”

The deal represented a strategy and willingness on the part of Puma to put on for the culture by embracing the most respected figures in music and entertainment. Hussle joined fellow brand ambassadors such as Rihanna, The Weeknd, Big Sean, Meek Mill and Jay-Z (who became the creative director of Puma basketball in June 2018). But truly, nobody repped Puma quite like Hussle. It was apparent how much pride he took in being a part of the iconic brand that had become a staple of lifestyle footwear and apparel.

Puma sweatsuits and sneakers became as essential to Hussle’s everyday swag as his straight-back braids, picked-out beard and body mural of tattoos. He rocked Puma during shows, on private jets and, of course, in photo shoots for the brand’s ads. But most importantly to Hussle, the partnership led to collaboration within the community he so tirelessly sought to positively impact. With his Puma partners, Hussle designed and sold special-edition Puma products, from T-shirts and hoodies to pairs of Clydes, at his The Marathon Clothing store on Slauson Avenue in the Crenshaw area of Los Angeles. It was outside of this store that Hussle was shot and k*lled on March 31 at the age of 33.

As the community of L.A. and the worlds of music and sports mourned the death of the man born Ermias Asghedom and known as Nipsey Hussle tha Great, so did Puma.

“We’re extremely saddened by the passing of Nipsey Hussle,” the Puma brand said in a statement. “Beyond being a part of the Puma family, Nipsey was a talented musician, father, entrepreneur, community leader and inspiration to us all.”

View this post on Instagram

Rest in Peace ūüôŹ

A post shared by PUMA (@puma) on

Unlike some celebrity endorsers, Hussle had a genuine connection with Puma. The artist often made that known. “It’s not a one-way situation,” Hussle told brand consultant Ray Polanco Jr. during 2019 NBA All-Star Weekend in Charlotte, North Carolina. “It’s … more authentic. … It’s more of a realistic partnership outside of just cutting a check and supporting product. It’s a deeper, more dynamic relationship.”

Hussle’s deal with Puma came at a very pivotal time in his life and career. A month after signing with the brand, he delivered his first and only studio album: the long-awaited, Grammy-nominated and now classic Victory Lap, which dropped during NBA All-Star Weekend last year in his city of Los Angeles. On his Instagram throughout 2018, Hussle primarily posted about three things. He encouraged folks to cop his album, promoted Marathon Clothing and showed Puma love that the brand always reciprocated. Hussle also became the face of multiple brand campaigns, including one for a collab on a collection with COOGI and another for the relaunch of the 1980s-era Puma California. “An L.A. classic,” the ad on display at Foot Locker read, “reborn on Nipsey Hussle.”

View this post on Instagram

THE MARATHON X PUMA ūüŹĀ

A post shared by Nipsey Hussle (@nipseyhussle) on

In October 2018, Hussle collaborated with Puma to refurbish and vividly repaint the basketball courts at 59th Street Elementary School, as well as donate $10,000 on behalf of the brand and The Marathon Clothing store, where Puma Clydes with “TMC” featured on the tongues first went on sale last summer.

“The various programs he founded and led in his neighborhood of Crenshaw will have a lasting impact on generations to come,” Puma continued in its statement after Hussle’s death. “He will be deeply missed, and our thoughts are with his family and loved ones.”

TBH I’ve been jacking the puma movement

Since I know jay-z, meek, nip, a boogie, big Sean, weekend, Rihanna

On board

Last edited by North!!!; 04-03-2019 at 10:35 AM..
+45   

45 comments for "Nipsey Hussleís Puma partnership was strong and authentic"

2 months ago '13        #2
North!!! 449 heat pts449 OP
space
space
Feel like a legend in these puma suedes
Still going to making millions when the music fade
Reinvent everytime the music change
My gut had me feeling like I knew the way
+56   

2 months ago '09        #3
59fifty 4 heat pts
space
space
$30,661 | Props total: 21221 21221
Yeah I'm incipiently switching to puma but I don't really want that sh*t to glow up too much because they gon start feeling theyselves and want to jack up prices

+29   

2 months ago '05        #4
Dun Language 4323 heat pts4323
space
space
$84,971 | Props total: 58800 58800
Damn that man life just flushed down the toilet in a matter of minutes.

sh*t is sad. It gets sadder by the day.

Had so much going for him in life.
+55   

2 months ago '13        #5
North!!! 449 heat pts449 OP
space
space
 59fifty said
Yeah I'm incipiently switching to puma but I don't really want that sh*t to glow up too much because they gon start feeling theyselves and want to jack up prices

Idk Iím at a one point I donít like over saturation and sh*t

Like sneaker wise too much people havenít caught on yet; I think their newer sh*t better than nikes sh*t and cheaper too

I got a limited edition puma coat

But in terms of track suits and sh*t they already lit
+10   

2 months ago '08        #6
AC_89 370 heat pts370
space
space
$49,181 | Props total: 32201 32201
Had my suedes on the other day in honor of nip
+6   

2 months ago '15        #7
suavehooper 1530 heat pts1530
space
space
space
$19,571 | Props total: 62319 62319
puma makes the best looking shoes, besides BBB.

Just go to puma website and see if you think I'm lying.

In fact, most of Adidas designs, are rehashed puma designs

2 months ago '07        #8
Avon_Barksdale 4747 heat pts4747
space
space
$51,204 | Props total: 97339 97339
Puma suedes always will have that classy laid back feel...

I have about 10 pairs still fresh the boxes,

But, enough about me.

R.I.P. NIP!

+15   

2 months ago '18        #9
Rick Sanchez 36 heat pts36
space
space
$1,360 | Props total: 5706 5706
 suavehooper said
puma makes the best looking shoes, besides BBB.

Just go to puma website and see if you think I'm lying.

In fact, most of Adidas designs, are rehashed puma designs
Thats because the adidas founder, Adolf Dassler, is the younger brother of puma fouder, Rudolf Dassler. Former Nazi members btw too.

2 months ago '15        #10
suavehooper 1530 heat pts1530
space
space
space
$19,571 | Props total: 62319 62319
 Rick Sanchez said
Thats because the adidas founder, Adolf Dassler, is the younger brother of puma fouder, Rudolf Dassler. Former Nazi members btw too.
well damn, I will do research to confirm this, but if true I'm done with adidas and puma
+1   

2 months ago '07        #11
Deniro732 14 heat pts14
space
space
$16,355 | Props total: 6041 6041
Yeah nip repped puma tough af. You can tell he and the company fu*ked with each other tough, outside of the usual paid partnership celebs have with companies. I don't fw puma or ever will though but I will start fu*king with his clothing. I always thought it was overpriced for all the basic designs, but now that he's gone idc. I have to show support
+8   

2 months ago '09        #12
59fifty 4 heat pts
space
space
Been wanting some tmc gear too since the doc 1st dropped... never got the chance to go out to la to check out the store
+3   

2 months ago '10        #13
shawntitan 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,184 | Props total: 1362 1362
Just ordered some suede Classics a few weeks ago... definitely gonna rock them for Nip.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #14
Dexter21 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 782 782
Omg enough already 5000th thread on him no one ever spoke of him alive

2 months ago '17        #15
TheLastNonEarth 110 heat pts110
space
space
$9,591 | Props total: 50769 50769
 Dexter21 said

You never miss the well until the water runs dry...

At least bx is memorializing him proper. Truth be told he should've got that 20 thread a day love snitch9 was getting while he was still here to enjoy it
+3   

2 months ago '15        #16
Good Guy Ry 24 heat pts24
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 33404 33404
 North!!! said
Idk Iím at a one point I donít like over saturation and sh*t

Like sneaker wise too much people havenít caught on yet; I think their newer sh*t better than nikes sh*t and cheaper too

I got a limited edition puma coat

But in terms of track suits and sh*t they already lit
I'm late and still been in my dri-fit sweats/joggers everyday mode. I need to switch over quick, like y'all saying, before they sh*ts start jacking up.

Tired of getting these $100+ joggers and burning a hole in em with ash
+6   

2 months ago '15        #17
Good Guy Ry 24 heat pts24
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 33404 33404
 Avon_Barksdale said
Puma suedes always will have that classy laid back feel...

I have about 10 pairs still fresh the boxes,

But, enough about me.

R.I.P. NIP!

I'm guesssing you got a

2 months ago '16        #18
Razzle Rathorne 
space
space
space
$1,131 | Props total: 1307 1307
 Dexter21 said
Turn ya phone off then punk rock... just goes to show u how genuine dude was... I bet if someone like Justin Timberlake died the world would probably sit still for a week
+1   

2 months ago '16        #19
Dexter21 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 782 782
 Razzle Rathorne said
Turn ya phone off then punk rock... just goes to show u how genuine dude was... I bet if someone like Justin Timberlake died the world would probably sit still for a week
get off his d*ck and im not even white so fu*k you and Timberlake get off nips d*ck f*g**t

2 months ago '17        #20
Rule 336 112 heat pts112
space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 48312 48312
 North!!! said
Feel like a legend in these puma suedes
Still going to making millions when the music fade
Reinvent everytime the music change
My gut had me feeling like I knew the way
He had on puma shoes when he was k*lled too smh

2 months ago '07        #21
Avon_Barksdale 4747 heat pts4747
space
space
$51,204 | Props total: 97339 97339
 Good Guy Ry said
I'm guesssing you got a
+1   

2 months ago '09        #22
59fifty 4 heat pts
space
space
That mtv collection is loopy
+1   

2 months ago '16        #23
Razzle Rathorne 
space
space
space
$1,131 | Props total: 1307 1307
 Dexter21 said
get off his d*ck and im not even white so fu*k you and Timberlake get off nips d*ck f*g**t
Who said anything about u being white lil bi*ch sounds like u just mad nobody like whoever your favorite rapper is

2 months ago '15        #24
Hellmatic 3 heat pts
space
space
$21,782 | Props total: 31153 31153
He died with red and white pumas on

2 months ago '18        #25
GODGOAT 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,326 | Props total: 2841 2841
I need to get my Puma up. Interesting fact Puma and Adidas where made by brothers
+4   

Home      

most viewed right now
+33online now  44
Image(s) inside This The Chick Kevin Hart Risked It All For?
53 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  41
Image(s) inside May 19 - Military expert paints grim portrait of how Iran would retali..
108 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+35online now  38
Image(s) inside Itís Time For That Upgrade!
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+114online now  18
Image(s) inside Haleigh 🍞🎂
54 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy