Cloudflare Free VPN (wait list)

most viewed right now
+64  63
34 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '04        #1
1190 page views
20 comments

JJH35 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,157 | Props total: 1436 1436
Cloudflare Free VPN (wait list)

For those that don't like paying for sh*t...mainly a reputable VPN Provider (paid). Cloudflare is dropping one at some point. Yes it's a wait list you have to join, but I trust it will be pretty solid. Some folks have issues with Cloudflare...other tech folks like myself don't.

Article: visit this link https://blog.cloudflare.c .. rp-better-vpn/

For those having no idea what that article is talking about.

To join the wait list:
Google Play/Android: visit this link https://play.google.com/s .. nedotonedotone

Install > 'Skip' the intro sh*t > there will be a top bar that says Join the Wait List.

///////////

IOS Users:
visit this link https://itunes.apple.com/ .. 423538627?mt=8

I don't have any Apple Products, but a*sume similar process.

///////////

Also side note would be for devices you can control the DNS Settings (desktop/laptops or at the router itself). Their DNS Servers are some of the fastest I personally have used. 1.1.1.1 and Secondary 1.0.0.1

I believe the main app itself on Android/IOS as of now will set your DNS Servers on your Phones/Tablets (connect/disconnect type simplicity). But is needed to Join wait list.
+6   

20 comments for "Cloudflare Free VPN (wait list)"

2 weeks ago '11        #2
Illdoctor 6 heat pts
space
space
$644 | Props total: 640 640
Why is it free? What's the catch?

2 weeks ago '04        #3
JJH35 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
 Illdoctor said
Why is it free? What's the catch?
Cloudflare's general business model is offer really good product even at the free level, then have more features in the paid product.

You won't run into the trashy practices other so called VPN providers offer it for like monitoring your browsing habits, injecting ads or any of that bs, but I am sure the general "catches" will be relative speed decrease compared to paid version (which I think I read was going to WARP+).

Their goal always has seemed to be get a bunch of customers on board, enough will buy the paid products to more than balance, but we get a lot of eyeballs on our products either way.

2 weeks ago '04        #4
JJH35 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
Did some quick Googling to add to reply above:

With Warp, Cloudflare promises to keep all the privacy protections that were in place with 1.1.1.1. The company promises never to sell your browsing data, use targeted advertising or ask for any personally identifiable information such as your name or email address in order to sign-up.

The VPN will operate on a freemium model, allowing customers to upgrade to Warp+ for faster performance with a "low monthly fee."
also

For starters, Warp uses the much more modern Wireguard protocol, not OpenVPN. WireGuard has only 4,000 lines of code, was written in the memory safe Rust programming language (among other implementations) and uses fast and secure modern encryption algorithms. In contrast, OpenVPN combined with OpenSSL has a total of over 600,000 lines of code. That means WireGuard has a much smaller attack surface and is also easier and quicker to audit.

WireGuard is not the only reason why Warp is fast compared to other VPN services. Cloudflare, which offers content network delivery services, DDoS mitigation services and other similar services, is in a good spot to offer fast connectivity to many websites whose content Cloudflare may already be caching near you.

Beyond the Advertising Model
Cloudflare noted that most VPN services that are free also tend to sell your data. Cloudflare promised never to do that. It aims to pay for the free service via its premium “Warp+” subscription plan that users can buy to gain access to an even faster private Cloudflare infrastructure, plus other features. The company said the monthly cost will be low but hasn’t announced it yet.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #5
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
space
space
space
$5,318 | Props total: 2120 2120
ain' sh*t free!
+9   

2 weeks ago '05        #6
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 9455 9455
Logless VPN?

2 weeks ago '08        #7
HulkColegan 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$774 | Props total: 2228 2228
Don’t trust free vpn’s
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #8
JJH35 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
 HulkColegan said
Donít trust free vpnís
Yes that is general practice, but you also have to understand the company offering, it's not a random company with no history or background for services offered. Don't just read the title and spew.

With that being said I have always used paid services, 2 at a time for chaining purposes. But some people don't or won't pay, and if they are going to go free they're better off knowing of more reputable providers offering it.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #9
Blocka Blocka 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$485 | Props total: 1691 1691
Can i ask why would i need VPN on my phone? i Understand my computer but not the phone
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #10
CPizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$631 | Props total: 407 407
never use a free VPN

delete this so a BX member doesn't get in trouble
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '15        #11
Good Guy Ry 24 heat pts24
space
space
$12,830 | Props total: 31133 31133
 Blocka Blocka said
Can i ask why would i need VPN on my phone? i Understand my computer but not the phone
Reading some of OP's links this supposedly makes your phone internet faster. Plus depending on what you do with ya phone you wouldn't wanna breach a contract because of some piracy/usage/etc issues.

1 week ago '04        #12
JJH35 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
 Good Guy Ry said
Reading some of OP's links this supposedly makes your phone internet faster. Plus depending on what you do with ya phone you wouldn't wanna breach a contract because of some piracy/usage/etc issues.
Well in general if people want to sh*t on the "free VPN" thing, most of them using blanket statements and probably don't even know tech much less with regards to networking/routing/web anyway.

The 1.1.1.1 DNS is one of the fastest DNS servers out there, and in my experience thee fastest. Not going to spiral into a tech talk about it, but even on your laptop/computer whatever you're better off having one of the better DNS set on your network adapters than not setting anything (which then defaults to your ISP's dns servers [Spectrum, Comcast, etc])

If you want an actual tech article you can read Cloudflare's article when they launched '1.1.1.1' here:

But in general for DNS you don't have to use CF, I just recommend them I guess, I have it set on family's laptops and also as the DNS Servers on a dedicated server I run.

You can use Google's which is 8.8.8.8 or Google "fastest public dns servers" and see the other options. OpenDNS is probably the only other one worth sh*t.

You will see 2 IPs there, the second one is mostly a backup if primary fails. So 1.1.1.1 primary and 1.0.0.1 backup. Google is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (for IPv4, if you have IPv6 enabled you need to set those as well, they will not be same IPs*, or just disable IPv6 from network adapter settings in the first place).

Just search how to change DNS on my laptop, since some folks have different operating systems or versions of windows.

Also remember if you use a VPN, unless you choose otherwise it will be using it's own DNS. So if you use Private Internet Access when you're connected to it and browse a website it's using PIA's DNS, not whatever you had set.

The 1.1.1.1 app on your phone you probably will see some faster page loading times on websites, but remember as of now that app on IOS or Android would just be controlling DNS on your phone, the VPN is not released yet.

edit: quick clarification on IPv6

Last edited by JJH35; 04-11-2019 at 09:27 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '05        #13
chrismb 716 heat pts716
space
space
$21,758 | Props total: 48862 48862
 JJH35 said
Well in general if people want to sh*t on the "free VPN" thing, most of them using blanket statements and probably don't even know tech much less with regards to networking/routing/web anyway.

The 1.1.1.1 DNS is one of the fastest DNS servers out there, and in my experience thee fastest. Not going to spiral into a tech talk about it, but even on your laptop/computer whatever you're better off having one of the better DNS set on your network adapters than not setting anything (which then defaults to your ISP's dns servers [Spectrum, Comcast, etc])

If you want an actual tech article you can read Cloudflare's article when they launched '1.1.1.1' here:

But in general for DNS you don't have to use CF, I just recommend them I guess, I have it set on family's laptops and also as the DNS Servers on a dedicated server I run.

You can use Google's which is 8.8.8.8 or Google "fastest public dns servers" and see the other options. OpenDNS is probably the only other one worth sh*t.

You will see 2 IPs there, the second one is mostly a backup if primary fails. So 1.1.1.1 primary and 1.0.0.1 backup. Google is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (for IPv4, if you have IPv6 enabled you need to set those as well, or just disable IPv6 from network adapter settings in the first place).

Just search how to change DNS on my laptop, since some folks have different operating systems or versions of windows.

Also remember if you use a VPN, unless you choose otherwise it will be using it's own DNS. So if you use Private Internet Access when you're connected to it and browse a website it's using PIA's DNS, not whatever you had set.

The 1.1.1.1 app on your phone you probably will see some faster page loading times on websites, but remember as of now that app on IOS or Android would just be controlling DNS on your phone, the VPN is not released yet.
I actually start studying for my CCNA in May....you must be in the networking field

1 week ago '18        #14
shooter 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$934 | Props total: 3446 3446
See my granny on a jet, some sh*t I'll never forget
Next day we flew to Vegas, with my Puma connects
We break bread, we ain't new to success
Bleed music, invest, enterprise, take lucrative steps
Cold game, but I knew it was Chess

[video - click to view]

Nipsey on the Puma Private Jet w/ his grandma and she flexin in her little white socks and Puma Clydes @ 3:00.

Last edited by shooter; 04-11-2019 at 06:12 PM..

6 days ago '11        #15
awww 139 heat pts139
space
space
$7,560 | Props total: 29682 29682
i work in network security and still dont see the point of a vpn on your phone. unless you overseas or doing some other sh*t you mobile ip changes each tower you come in contact with anyways
+1   

5 days ago '05        #16
rashcobar 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,625 | Props total: 5565 5565
Is this for your phone or a general VPN j can use with my laptop?

3 days ago '05        #17
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,186 | Props total: 4382 4382
VPN doesn't mean sh*t if you don't know how to spoof a MAC address. IP address is only a small piece of the puzzle nowadays

3 days ago '10        #18
ClustyMolecules 141 heat pts141
space
space
$5,585 | Props total: 9537 9537
 JJH35 said
For those that don't like paying for sh*t...mainly a reputable VPN Provider (paid). Cloudflare is dropping one at some point. Yes it's a wait list you have to join, but I trust it will be pretty solid. Some folks have issues with Cloudflare...other tech folks like myself don't.

Article:

For those having no idea what that article is talking about.

To join the wait list:
Google Play/Android:

Install > 'Skip' the intro sh*t > there will be a top bar that says Join the Wait List.

///////////

IOS Users:

I don't have any Apple Products, but a*sume similar process.

///////////

Also side note would be for devices you can control the DNS Settings (desktop/laptops or at the router itself). Their DNS Servers are some of the fastest I personally have used. 1.1.1.1 and Secondary 1.0.0.1

I believe the main app itself on Android/IOS as of now will set your DNS Servers on your Phones/Tablets (connect/disconnect type simplicity). But is needed to Join wait list.
Can you recommend me a good VPN? Asking for a friend (literally)...

2 days ago '15        #19
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$21,440 | Props total: 30149 30149
 Blocka Blocka said
For the same reason your would use it on a computer?

2 days ago '17        #20
Blocka Blocka 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$485 | Props total: 1691 1691
 Hellmatic said
For the same reason your would use it on a computer?
I mean Iím not downloading torrents on my phone

Home      

most viewed right now
+28online now  28
Image(s) inside Just gonna leave this here for the Cardi fans
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  27
Hushed App
44 comments