online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Mar 20 - Bitcoin Is in the Dumps, Spreading Gloom Over Crypto World

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

5 years ago '17        #1
15589 page views
259 comments

PsyOp  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x264
Props total: 149837 149 K  Slaps total: 33974 33 K
icon Mar 20 - Bitcoin Is in the Dumps, Spreading Gloom Over Crypto World

But these BX n1ggas talkinboutsome BUY and HOLD every week
FOH

The value of all cryptocurrencies outstanding is down 85% from peak and volumes on U.S. exchanges have been falling; making it through ‘winter’

Bitcoin is in the longest slump of its 10-year history. That is forcing even its most ardent supporters to shelve dreams of global disruption and focus on simply tightening their belts long enough to outlast the downturn.

Signs of the crypto winter are everywhere, marking a sharp reversal since the manic highs of 2017. The price of bitcoin is about $4,000, down about 80% from a trading peak of about $19,800 in December 2017. The total market value of all cryptocurrencies outstanding is down 85% from its peak in January 2018. And volumes on the largest U.S. exchanges have been falling steadily for the past 15 months, according to research firm TradeBlock.

Bitcoin is still driven largely by momentum, and right now it doesn’t have it. Cryptocurrencies have struggled to attract mainstream institutional investors. Regulation is still unclear, which has scared off some potential users. Companies that have sprung up around the crypto world are under pressure until the next upswing, and crypto fans aren’t sure where that will come from or when.

To be fair, crypto markets have long been defined by choppiness. During part of 2011, the price of bitcoin dropped about 95%. The price also dropped 85% from December 2013 to January 2015, sparked by the shutdown of the Silk Road website, an online drug bazaar that used bitcoin, and problems at the teetering Mt. Gox trading exchange.

But the sector is much bigger than it was during some of those earlier swings, and it is closer than ever to becoming mainstream. Its influence today is widespread: Western governments have given it tacit or explicit acceptance and venture capitalists support it. Developers are finding ways to apply its underlying technology, blockchain, to fields as varied as supply-chain management and capital-markets trading.

“There’s still coffee,” said Eric Larchevêque, CEO of Paris-based Ledger SAS, which makes crypto-storage products that resemble thumb drives, “but you don’t have the extra nuts.” The company has cut back on some costs, like for travel and advertising, he said, though it has avoided layoffs.

Ledger raised $75 million in January 2018, and that plus product sales are enough to sustain the company, he said, but it is contingent on more austere management. “We’re trying to deal with it on a day-by-day basis,” Mr. Larchevêque said. “We want to make sure the company will still be here in 18 months.”

Revenue for bitcoin miners is also down over the past 15 months. The market for so-called initial coin offerings, which brought in $12 billion in 2018, has raised $100 million so far this year, according to research firm Diar.

“People are looking for ways to support themselves through winter,” said Galen Moore. The Boston resident recently started an open-source data-analytics project called Canary Data that he hopes to turn into a new startup, but he has also taken consulting work to pay the bills.

Dan Held, director of business development at a startup called InterChange, said that as vicious as this bear market has been, it’s not the worst.

After the Silk Road and Mt. Gox debacles, “we weren’t sure if demand would ever come back,” Mr. Held said.

One thing Mr. Held noticed during those other bleak periods: Firms that survived were the ones closest to employing trading fees, like exchanges do. InterChange focuses on back-office accounting software for trading desks, exchanges and hedge funds. “No matter what the market is doing, you still have to do your accounting,” he said.

Boaz Bechar started a data-research site called Blocktrail in 2014 and sold it to the big mining company Bitmain in 2016. Bitmain recently laid him off as part of a broader downsizing. Mr. Bechar believes that only the biggest crypto companies will be able to weather the ups and downs of a volatile industry. “The big players are going to get bigger doing what they do, and it will be a race to the top,” he said.

https://www.wsj.com/artic .. &reflink=fbmsg

icon
best
icon
worst
259 comments

5 years ago '18        #2
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 103459 103 K  Slaps total: 11440 11 K
Some guy that I know didnt cash out at its peak, I wonder what his bitcoin is worth right now.
+23   

5 years ago '04        #3
SubConscious 
Props total: 102583 102 K  Slaps total: 5155 5 K
You're an idiot.
emoji
+33   

5 years ago '05        #4
cluckaluck 
Props total: 18911 18 K  Slaps total: 7087 7 K
 Mr Scaramucci said 🔗
But these BX n1ggas talkinboutsome BUY and HOLD every week
FOH

The value of all cryptocurrencies outstanding is down 85% from peak and volumes on U.S. exchanges have been falling; making it through ‘winter’

Bitcoin is in the longest slump of its 10-year history. That is forcing even its most ardent supporters to shelve dreams of global disruption and focus on simply tightening their belts long enough to outlast the downturn.

Signs of the crypto winter are everywhere, marking a sharp reversal since the manic highs of 2017. The price of bitcoin is about $4,000, down about 80% from a trading peak of about $19,800 in December 2017. The total market value of all cryptocurrencies outstanding is down 85% from its peak in January 2018. And volumes on the largest U.S. exchanges have been falling steadily for the past 15 months, according to research firm TradeBlock.

Bitcoin is still driven largely by momentum, and right now it doesn’t have it. Cryptocurrencies have struggled to attract mainstream institutional investors. Regulation is still unclear, which has scared off some potential users. Companies that have sprung up around the crypto world are under pressure until the next upswing, and crypto fans aren’t sure where that will come from or when.

To be fair, crypto markets have long been defined by choppiness. During part of 2011, the price of bitcoin dropped about 95%. The price also dropped 85% from December 2013 to January 2015, sparked by the shutdown of the Silk Road website, an online drug bazaar that used bitcoin, and problems at the teetering Mt. Gox trading exchange.

But the sector is much bigger than it was during some of those earlier swings, and it is closer than ever to becoming mainstream. Its influence today is widespread: Western governments have given it tacit or explicit acceptance and venture capitalists support it. Developers are finding ways to apply its underlying technology, blockchain, to fields as varied as supply-chain management and capital-markets trading.

“There’s still coffee,” said Eric Larchevêque, CEO of Paris-based Ledger SAS, which makes crypto-storage products that resemble thumb drives, “but you don’t have the extra nuts.” The company has cut back on some costs, like for travel and advertising, he said, though it has avoided layoffs.

Ledger raised $75 million in January 2018, and that plus product sales are enough to sustain the company, he said, but it is contingent on more austere management. “We’re trying to deal with it on a day-by-day basis,” Mr. Larchevêque said. “We want to make sure the company will still be here in 18 months.”

Revenue for bitcoin miners is also down over the past 15 months. The market for so-called initial coin offerings, which brought in $12 billion in 2018, has raised $100 million so far this year, according to research firm Diar.

“People are looking for ways to support themselves through winter,” said Galen Moore. The Boston resident recently started an open-source data-analytics project called Canary Data that he hopes to turn into a new startup, but he has also taken consulting work to pay the bills.

Dan Held, director of business development at a startup called InterChange, said that as vicious as this bear market has been, it’s not the worst.

After the Silk Road and Mt. Gox debacles, “we weren’t sure if demand would ever come back,” Mr. Held said.

One thing Mr. Held noticed during those other bleak periods: Firms that survived were the ones closest to employing trading fees, like exchanges do. InterChange focuses on back-office accounting software for trading desks, exchanges and hedge funds. “No matter what the market is doing, you still have to do your accounting,” he said.

Boaz Bechar started a data-research site called Blocktrail in 2014 and sold it to the big mining company Bitmain in 2016. Bitmain recently laid him off as part of a broader downsizing. Mr. Bechar believes that only the biggest crypto companies will be able to weather the ups and downs of a volatile industry. “The big players are going to get bigger doing what they do, and it will be a race to the top,” he said.

↪🔗
But the sector is much bigger than it was during some of those earlier swings, and it is closer than ever to becoming mainstream.

But these BX n1ggas talkinboutsome BUY and HOLD every week?

what else should you do?

5 years ago '17        #5
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 56965 56 K  Slaps total: 8107 8 K
OP is right everyone

No need to keep what crypto you have

You should sell

I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands

Send me a PM
emoji
+71   

5 years ago '06        #6
Bilal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 151643 151 K  Slaps total: 17126 17 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Uhhhhh this article is trash the bulls are back in town. I'm only into two cryoto currencies right now cardano and vechain.

Cardano is essentially trying to be the currency for countries that are struggling right now. Africa is gonna be on board and other countries that ch can't speak on right now.

🔗

Vechain is gonna be amazing I got a mill sitting in a wallet. They're going to accomplish supply chain for any and everything. Food temperature during shipping, ending counterfeit bags and parts and art and movies.

🔗

🔗

Hell Jim breyer publicly endorsed and invested in vechain. If you don't know who Jim breyer is

Breyer venture capital. He has a networth if 3 billion dollars.

↪🔗

Y'all keep sleeping on crypto if you want too.

Last edited by Bilal; 03-21-2019 at 01:31 PM..
+11   

5 years ago '18        #7
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 99880 99 K  Slaps total: 22664 22 K
The crypto fanatics stay in denial about this failing a$s currency scam. Its over, holding on to it is like holding on to penny stocks hoping they will become lucrative.
+38   

5 years ago '14        #8
Sphynx 
Props total: 142156 142 K  Slaps total: 33079 33 K
 Proffesor X said 🔗
The crypto fanatics stay in denial about this failing a$s currency scam. Its over, holding on to it is like holding on to penny stocks hoping they will become lucrative.
/Thread

If you didnt get out before this scam went up in flames, its over
+15   

5 years ago '17        #9
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 56965 56 K  Slaps total: 8107 8 K
 Proffesor X said 🔗

Sphynx said 🔗
/Thread

If you didnt get out before this scam went up in flames, its over
This

Anyone with crypto should sell

I'll be happy to buy it so you'll be unburdened by the failure of crypto

PM me
emoji
+20   

5 years ago '19        #10
Gold Face  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 20377 20 K  Slaps total: 24797 24 K
@🔗

Research the history of gold and why you should invest

Crypto will never go live, to many glaring holes
+5   

5 years ago '18        #11
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 99880 99 K  Slaps total: 22664 22 K
 Lazy said 🔗
This

Anyone with crypto should sell

I'll be happy to buy it so you'll be unburdened by the failure of crypto

PM me
emoji
If you were really a smart investor you would been saw the writing on the wall.........but you clearly are smarter then the rest of us.........
emoji
+3   

5 years ago '06        #12
Bilal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 151643 151 K  Slaps total: 17126 17 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Proffesor X said 🔗
If you were really a smart investor you would been saw the writing on the wall.........but you clearly are smarter then the rest of us.........
emoji
If you were a smart investor you'd know to follow the big money. The big money is pouring into crypto. Banks, fortune 500 companies, car manufacturer (shouts out to BMW signing with vechain) up and down periods just like everything else. Money value changes daily only you don't realize because it still says dollar on it it.
+12   

5 years ago '19        #13
 Yung Dilla said 🔗
If you were a smart investor you'd know to follow the big money. The big money is pouring into crypto. Banks, fortune 500 companies, car manufacturer (shouts out to BMW signing with vechain) up and down periods just like everything else. Money value changes daily only you don't realize because it still says dollar on it it.
As long as the every man can’t explain crypto currency fundamentals it will never be the every mans currency
+19   

5 years ago '17        #14
RastaMon 
Props total: 9289 9 K  Slaps total: 1129 1 K
Yo listen its simple, dont invest ya bread n look stupid when the n1gga who did, living filthy rich while u mad asf u didnt... make ya own decisions n stop letting these goof ball articles scare yall
+8   

5 years ago '06        #15
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 53657 53 K  Slaps total: 6989 6 K
 Gold Face said 🔗
As long as the every man can’t explain crypto currency fundamentals it will never be the every mans currency
Not saying I believe in the crypto hype but how many people can explain current currency and the federal reserve and etc?
+14   

5 years ago '19        #16
 bigki1la said 🔗
Not saying I believe in the crypto hype but how many people can explain current currency and the federal reserve and etc?
They can’t which is the reason the fed should
Be demolished. We are on a clear path to bankruptcy and hard times are inevitable ahead of us

Gold is the greatest currency this world has ever seen

And now more then ever it’s a viable option
+6   

5 years ago '06        #17
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 53657 53 K  Slaps total: 6989 6 K
 Gold Face said 🔗
They can’t which is the reason the fed should
Be demolished. We are on a clear path to bankruptcy and hard times are inevitable ahead of us

Gold is the greatest currency this world has ever seen

And now more then ever it’s a viable option
emoji

Not laughing at what you said.. just for the fact what you said mixed with your name and avi got me dying
emoji
+19   

5 years ago '04        #18
class01 
Props total: 2887 2 K  Slaps total: 341 341
Bitcoin been creeping back up though
+1   

5 years ago '05        #19
dpoke1 
Props total: 35 35  Slaps total: 6 6
 Gold Face said 🔗

Not your (private) keys not your crypto. Dont keep your sh1t on these scammy exchanges.

5 years ago '08        #20
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54578 54 K  Slaps total: 4325 4 K
This is like when the markets crashed and people were like "stay away, you'll only lose your money"

Hmm... ok.

I own a bunch of Cardano.

5 years ago '05        #21
Hold That 
Props total: 48535 48 K  Slaps total: 7101 7 K
 class01 said 🔗
Bitcoin been creeping back up though
Market correction week after taking a heavy dip the previous one..

I knew bitcoin wasn’t gonna be sh1t once they started doing Netflix specials on it. Never will there ever be a time when you’ll be made aware how to make millions easily.. once they made bitcoin mainstream knowledge, I knew bitcoin wasn’t going to be the crypto currency to invest in
+18   

5 years ago '11        #22
nfo187  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 22438 22 K  Slaps total: 2658 2 K
Good! I'll keep mining and as less people have interest at this moment the better my mining then when the market comes back booming crazier than ever, I'll be fu#king richhhhhh

5 years ago '05        #23
ghost213  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4085 4 K  Slaps total: 795 795
fu#k crypto! I invested about $3500-$4000 that sh1t is worth under $700 wish I never got into it. I don't even follow that BS no more. I just hope in years to come I can get my money back.... expensive lesson.... I got in at peak.
+15   

5 years ago '10        #24
ARosary 
Props total: 33153 33 K  Slaps total: 3234 3 K
Does the show American Greed still come on
emoji

This sh1t gonna turn into a tv series itself
+5   

5 years ago '11        #25
YUNGCANIBUS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12648 12 K  Slaps total: 1546 1 K
Crypto is a gold mine if you know how to play the market and get buy signals....

It’s also in a extremely early stage of adoption. Most coins are now coming out with main net which is a ready asset to be used now..

Alotta fools bought into the media hype when virtually the only coins being used at that time were btc, zcash, and a few others with no purpose but buying sh1t on the dark web.

emoji

Xrp used to be .05 cents, it reached to 3$ a coin during the crazy bull run. Now it sits at .31 cents. If you do ya research and buy good coins that have use early or when the market is down, you’ll always be up no matter what.

To all my crypto family on here

Peep Zillqa

But yeah man crypto is dead fam. You right

Last edited by YUNGCANIBUS; 03-20-2019 at 05:31 PM..
+11   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+5119
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+3316
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
280 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+416
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋