Left 4 Dead creators Turtle Rock announce new co-op zombie shooter, Back 4 Blood

most viewed right now
26 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '12        #1
1101 page views
24 comments

Pleasure Boy 1331 heat pts1331
space
space
$10,924 | Props total: 11384 11384
Left 4 Dead creators Turtle Rock announce new co-op zombie shooter, Back 4 Blood

The studio that developed the original Left 4 Dead is developing what sounds like a spiritual sequel: Back 4 Blood, described as a cooperative shooter against hordes of zombies. In other words, it sounds like the Left 4 Dead follow-up that Valve still hasn’t delivered.

Back 4 Blood is being developed by Turtle Rock Studios, the team that also created Evolve, and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. In an FAQ posted to its website, Turtle Rock says it’s “going back to [its] roots and at the same time innovating on them.” The developer is keeping details on Back 4 Blood close to the vest; the studio hasn’t released any images of the game and teased “new features we aren’t ready to talk about just yet.”

However, Turtle Rock stressed that the game is not — at least in an official capacity — Left 4 Dead 3.

“Back 4 Blood is our own brand new, original IP,” the studio said. “You’ll be able to shoot up a lot of zombies like in Left 4 Dead, but there’s a whole lot of new stuff in Back 4 Blood which makes it unique.”

“It’s hard to overstate what an awesome opportunity this is. We get to return to a genre that was born in our studio with over ten years of additional experience and zombie ideas racked up in our brains,” said Chris Ashton, co-founder and design director, Turtle Rock Studios, in a news release. “We also have some of the best teammates in the business at WBIE who understand our development process and are equally committed to our player-first mentality. We love being able to announce, so we can start working with the community right away.”

“We are not resting on any past laurels. Our goal is to take all we’ve learned and push forward. We know that’s a tall order,” added Phil Robb, co-founder and creative director. “We’re growing the team considerably because we’re stepping up to the biggest challenge in this studio’s history. We know this title has to stand out and we fully intend to make that happen.”

Back 4 Blood will feature a campaign and player-versus-player combat, and will not be a battle royale game, Turtle Rock said. The game is bound for PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One, and does not have an announced release date.

visit this link Polygon
+12   

24 comments for "Left 4 Dead creators Turtle Rock announce new co-op zombie shooter, Back 4 Blood"

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '17        #2
Mr Scaramucci 986 heat pts986
space
space
$3,917 | Props total: 50179 50179
 Pleasure Boy said

[pic - click to view]

The studio that developed the original Left 4 Dead is developing what sounds like a spiritual sequel: Back 4 Blood, described as a cooperative shooter against hordes of zombies. In other words, it sounds like the Left 4 Dead follow-up that Valve still hasn’t delivered.

Back 4 Blood is being developed by Turtle Rock Studios, the team that also created Evolve, and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. In an FAQ posted to its website, Turtle Rock says it’s “going back to [its] roots and at the same time innovating on them.” The developer is keeping details on Back 4 Blood close to the vest; the studio hasn’t released any images of the game and teased “new features we aren’t ready to talk about just yet.”

However, Turtle Rock stressed that the game is not — at least in an official capacity — Left 4 Dead 3.

“Back 4 Blood is our own brand new, original IP,” the studio said. “You’ll be able to shoot up a lot of zombies like in Left 4 Dead, but there’s a whole lot of new stuff in Back 4 Blood which makes it unique.”

“It’s hard to overstate what an awesome opportunity this is. We get to return to a genre that was born in our studio with over ten years of additional experience and zombie ideas racked up in our brains,” said Chris Ashton, co-founder and design director, Turtle Rock Studios, in a news release. “We also have some of the best teammates in the business at WBIE who understand our development process and are equally committed to our player-first mentality. We love being able to announce, so we can start working with the community right away.”

“We are not resting on any past laurels. Our goal is to take all we’ve learned and push forward. We know that’s a tall order,” added Phil Robb, co-founder and creative director. “We’re growing the team considerably because we’re stepping up to the biggest challenge in this studio’s history. We know this title has to stand out and we fully intend to make that happen.”

Back 4 Blood will feature a campaign and player-versus-player combat, and will not be a battle royale game, Turtle Rock said. The game is bound for PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One, and does not have an announced release date.

L4D2 is my favorite game of all time I still play it with my friends a few times a week.
+11   

1 week ago '10        #3
Trill Livin 73 heat pts73
space
space
$15,377 | Props total: 10662 10662
So many great memories playing L4D .. hope this sh*t bring the fun times back
+7   

1 week ago '06        #4
991 37 heat pts37
space
space
$7,231 | Props total: 4115 4115
I hope valve jumps in and makes this the official left 4 dead 3. To keep the same universe. Either way, I'm ready. It's about time. They might wanna wait for next gen though. If it's anything like left 4 dead 2, people will play it for years. People still play online.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #5
Bang On Em 1 heat pts
space
space
$560 | Props total: 1382 1382
My kind of game! I just hope they add a horde mode.
+2   

1 week ago '08        #6
dwise919 
space
space
$4,592 | Props total: 6477 6477
Please don't fu*k this up

1 week ago '04        #7
CrAkKedOuT 1042 heat pts1042
space
space
space
$25,399 | Props total: 19783 19783
Back 4 Blood is being developed by Turtle Rock Studios, the team that also created Evolve
Oh hell no
+1   

1 week ago '15        #8
wapeddell 28 heat pts28
space
space
$277 | Props total: 1258 1258
Ah sh*tttt

1 week ago '05        #9
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,714 | Props total: 4791 4791
nice need to finish the story

1 week ago '17        #10
Naga Sadow 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,110 | Props total: 46008 46008
Man I ha e fond memories of my wife, my friends, and I screaming at each other playing L4D. One of the most fun I've ever had playing a game.
+3   

1 week ago '08        #11
Kewop Decam 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$18,636 | Props total: 16980 16980
 CrAkKedOuT said
Oh hell no
This is the team that also created Left 4 Dead.
+3   

1 week ago '04        #12
realkilla3 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,993 | Props total: 10195 10195
Can't wait to see how they play this I hope it's as close to l4d as possible I might go back and get both of them if people are still playing online.
+3   

1 week ago '15        #13
Lito Guapalot 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,479 | Props total: 12481 12481
 realkilla3 said
Can't wait to see how they play this I hope it's as close to l4d as possible I might go back and get both of them if people are still playing online.
They def playing online still. I still play 1 from time to time.

I remember when the servers was fu*ked up and the zombies were replaced with the word error and we was still playing . It turned into some race to the safehouse type sh*t because if you got surrounded you were stuck until you got k*lled by the special zombies.
+3   

1 week ago '06        #14
991 37 heat pts37
space
space
 CrAkKedOuT said
Oh hell no
Dude they created the left 4 dead game. I believe valve took over and made the second one.

1 week ago '18        #15
Turfaholic3 
space
space
space
$1,172 | Props total: 4432 4432
That "oh sh*t!" feeling when you turn a corner and a witch is walking towards you crying.

+8   

1 week ago '11        #16
inthezone 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,987 | Props total: 6937 6937
Back when video games were fun to me
I dunno when but somewhere along the way the love died and i lost any desire to play video games
+4   

1 week ago '18        #17
Tree Top 224 heat pts224
space
space
$2,486 | Props total: 8070 8070
Oh another zombie game

1 week ago '18        #18
Turfaholic3 
space
space
space
$1,172 | Props total: 4432 4432
 inthezone said
I dunno when but somewhere along the way the love died and i lost any desire to play video games
Its not you. They fu*king up.
+1   

1 week ago '09        #19
K0ntrast 67 heat pts67
space
space
$31,179 | Props total: 17271 17271
In down
+1   

6 days ago '11        #20
L1C4 80 heat pts80
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 3388 3388
If this is anything like 1 and 2 it will do very well. Can’t wait to see trailer

Last edited by L1C4; 03-18-2019 at 03:45 AM..
+1   

3 days ago '06        #21
991 37 heat pts37
space
space
I hope valve realizes they are gonna lose money and hook up with turtle rock again and make an official l4d3. I need the same special infected.

When you play as the Boomer and throw up on everyone and they turn purple in versus and u keep hearing those dings of damage caused by the zombies

3 days ago '07        #22
biged79 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,099 | Props total: 889 889
 inthezone said
Facts man, I grew up gaming HEAVY and i'm 34 now. Games just aren't fun anymore. Too much "simulation" going on along with that online sh*t i hate.

L4D2 is still my sh*t though. Might play tonight.
+1   

3 days ago '11        #23
Da Truth23 115 heat pts115
space
space
$6,214 | Props total: 5526 5526
 inthezone said
When the demand for realistic graphics became a virtue.
+1   

2 days ago '04        #24
CrAkKedOuT 1042 heat pts1042
space
space
space
$25,399 | Props total: 19783 19783
 Kewop Decam said
This is the team that also created Left 4 Dead.
 991 said
Dude they created the left 4 dead game. I believe valve took over and made the second one.
I don't care if they developed L4D1, they made Evolve which was a POS game that I warned everyone on here about but ya'll praised it. sh*t was dead in a month.

2 days ago '08        #25
Kewop Decam 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$18,636 | Props total: 16980 16980
 CrAkKedOuT said
I don't care if they developed L4D1, they made Evolve which was a POS game that I warned everyone on here about but ya'll praised it. sh*t was dead in a month.
As for a dude who played Evolve for over a year, it wasn't a bad game at all. It was actually pretty damn good but it took them too long to figure out the balancing. Evolve Stage 2 was the sh*t but at that time it was too late.

The game embodied what this dev team is good at... asymmetrical multiplayer. AS if all people did was judge you based on your "worse" performance, damn near every creator would be trash.

Home      

most viewed right now
+84online now  17
Mixed Bag
191 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  15
Image(s) inside Texas War Started.. Sauce Walka Lets Young Thug Know He Shot Up TraeDa..
193 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+16online now  10
Lance STEPHENSON TRENDING After Teanna Trump Say She fu*k HIM AT 16 While DWIG..
356 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-19online now  5
The ending of console gaming: ps5 and new xbox Last console hardware
28 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy