XXXTentacion Rejected From Grammy "In Memoriam” Segment

most viewed right now
+42  122
38 comments @wild'ish
most viewed right now
60 comments @movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '18        #1
1283 page views
57 comments

Eclectic 173 heat pts173
space
space
$1,910 | Props total: 5203 5203
XXXTentacion Rejected From Grammy "In Memoriam” Segment

"Fans who tuned in to Sunday’s Grammys noticed that x*xTentacion was left out of the “In Memoriam” segment.

According to Variety, representatives for x*x requested repeatedly that the Recording Academy recognize the late rapper. However, the show opted not to include him because of his history of domestic violence.

In December, Academy president Neil Portnow was asked whether the segment would include x*x. “It’s always a daunting task to consider the talented young artists who died this year,” he told Rolling Stone. “We don’t have pre-obits prepared like in journalism but we do leave time every year for an in memoriam and we will be planning that now. I don’t have an answer for you on x*x.”

The 20-year-old Florida native, born Jahseh Onfroy, was shot and k*lled last June during an attempted robbery in Miami. Prior to his death, he was facing several charges related to a 2016 incident in which he allegedly beat his pregnant ex-girlfriend. He reportedly admitted to domestic abuse and other violent acts in a secret recording that was released following his death.

Sunday’s “In Memoriam” segment did include other artists who died in the past year including Aretha Franklin, Mac Miller, and Avicii.

XXX fans took to social media during the Grammys to voice their dismay over his omission."

visit this link https://www.rap-up.com/20 .. mmys-memoriam/
+5   

57 comments for "XXXTentacion Rejected From Grammy "In Memoriam” Segment"

1 week ago '18        #2
StillSFamilyRep 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,005 | Props total: 9451 9451
Is he the only person to be accused of domestic violence out of all the nominated and actual winners(past or present) if not then he should have been up there. I'm not a fan of his music but fair is fair
+25   

1 week ago '18        #3
bird call 3 heat pts
space
space
$818 | Props total: 1707 1707
 StillSFamilyRep said
Is he the only person to be accused of domestic violence out of all the nominated and actual winners(past or present) if not then he should have been up there. I'm not a fan of his music but fair is fair
It was more than accusations.
It was actual felony charges with pictures..... if her account on some of those situations don’t satisfy you.

Wouldn’t even know if they did Michael Jackson when he dead and don’t care.

It’s “their” show and everything is at their discretion. Boycott it if you really care that much about their “unfairness”
+4   

1 week ago '05        #4
blah blah blah 92 heat pts92
space
space
$29,349 | Props total: 40330 40330
wife beater doesn’t deserve any acknowledgment of any kind. His music was god damn trash too

1 week ago '13        #5
DiegoRivera 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,173 | Props total: 22861 22861
 bird call said
It was actual felony charges with pictures..... if her account on some of those situations don’t satisfy you.

It’s “their” show and everything is at their discretion. Boycott it if you really care that much about their “unfairness”
Plus those recordings that released a lil after his death of him admitting to all sorts of sh*t

Yes, sometimes these institutions have license to be biased because some artists were way louder than others. They're a brand and need to think of what they put next to their brand in a pragmatic way, some sh*t will fly under the radar and some sh*t won't. Social media woulda done a whole thing if they included him.

Last edited by DiegoRivera; 02-11-2019 at 11:42 AM..
+6   

1 week ago '06        #6
alchemy187 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,658 | Props total: 7607 7607
He beat a bi*ch
He really wasnt THAT popular
His music sucked
His name is too damn hard to say

1 week ago '18        #7
space
space
 bird call said

I don't watch the Grammy's, haven't in years, but you can't tell me that no other winner or nominee hasn't been arrested, charged or convicted of any heinous crimes.

Last time I checked he was never convicted of anything so idk what your talking about. Sure it's their show and everything is at their discretion, but you telling me no one else has been arrested and charged with any type of crimes(rhetorical)??

Makes them look stupid and biased at the end of the day. Anywho fu*k the Grammys
+7   

1 week ago '18        #8
bird call 3 heat pts
space
space
 StillSFamilyRep said
I don't watch the Grammy's, haven't in years, but you can't tell me that no other winner or nominee hasn't been arrested, charged or convicted of any heinous crimes.

Last time I checked he was never convicted of anything so idk what your talking about. Sure it's their show and everything is at their discretion, but you telling me no one else has been arrested and charged with any type of crimes(rhetorical)??

Makes them look stupid and biased at the end of the day. Anywho fu*k the Grammys

For something that you don’t even watch you care to much

1 week ago '14        #9
Spot Rusherz 203 heat pts203
space
space
$12,118 | Props total: 29673 29673
Oh well
+1   

1 week ago '06        #10
LeMar G 250 heat pts250
space
space
$17,948 | Props total: 49492 49492
 StillSFamilyRep said

pretty much
+1   

1 week ago '16        #11
Birdmans Hands 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,311 | Props total: 7621 7621

1 week ago '18        #12
space
space
 bird call said
For something that you don’t even watch you care to much
How? Because I responded to the thread??

Sounds like I sonned your bum a*s, and you can't take that L gracefully.

Hop off my d*ck SON

1 week ago '05        #13
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,436 | Props total: 1487 1487
xxx and his fans strike me as people who dont care about these sort of shows anyway ..so its like mad to be mad
+7   

1 week ago '15        #14
gemini8686 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,331 | Props total: 6989 6989
He was a wack artist. He wasn’t even that popular. RIP to him but it’s not that serious

1 week ago '15        #15
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 71 heat pts71
space
space
$17,995 | Props total: 26825 26825
if it hasn't been ade abundantly clear, the people who constantly say or act like they don't care about the grammys

care about the grammys
+6   

1 week ago '17        #16
BlackGod 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,377 | Props total: 10974 10974
 monrowe said
xxx and his fans strike me as people who dont care about these sort of shows anyway ..so its like mad to be mad
Basically.
I can't "boycott" some Grammy awards because I don't watch that sh*t anyway.

I wonder if they keep that same energy for white artists though?

1 week ago '18        #17
bird call 3 heat pts
space
space
 StillSFamilyRep said
How? Because I responded to the thread??

Sounds like I sonned your bum a*s, and you can't take that L gracefully.

Hop off my d*ck SON
don’t think anybody can recall someone with the level of physical violence displayed by x*x being recognized

You made a general statement on case by case individuals with the obvious racial overtone

1 week ago '18        #18
space
space
 bird call said
don’t think anybody can recall someone with the level of physical violence displayed by x*x being recognized

You made a general statement on case by case individuals with the obvious racial overtone
What obvious racial overtone? What was racial in any way?

Now your accusing me of using race to justify why x*x should be up there... STFU.

You're wrong, I'm just gonna leave it like that smh

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '13        #19
mikejuheard 44 heat pts44
space
space
$32,038 | Props total: 44964 44964
Reason being Cause of the Domestic violence situation

1 week ago '18        #20
bird call 3 heat pts
space
space
 StillSFamilyRep said
What obvious racial overtone? What was racial in any way?

Now your accusing me of using race to justify why x*x should be up there... STFU.

You're wrong, I'm just gonna leave it like that smh
You not watching a white award show while bi*ching about a black person not being in the death lineup

1 week ago '19        #21
Standin Taller 1 heat pts
space
space
$729 | Props total: 1272 1272
 StillSFamilyRep said
Still begging for white acceptances I c

1 week ago '19        #22
Standin Taller 1 heat pts
space
space
$729 | Props total: 1272 1272
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said
if it hasn't been ade abundantly clear, the people who constantly say or act like they don't care about the grammys

care about the grammys
@

1 week ago '17        #23
Ifeellikekobe 103 heat pts103
space
space
$7,267 | Props total: 31882 31882
Those old people at the grammys was like x*x-tec- tec-Who?

1 week ago '18        #24
space
space
 Standin Taller said
Still begging for white acceptances I c
How is a dead man begging for acceptance?

1 week ago '14        #25
OCT DION 
space
space
$8,213 | Props total: 17535 17535
I never fu*ked with his music but if they're gonna start excluding people cuz of sh*t like this, they're gonna have to start excluding half of America's musicians from the Grammys. Most of these mfs are crazy and have done worse sh*t than domestic violence.
+7   

Home      

most viewed right now
+55online now  21
Video inside Metal Gear Solid 2 was on some sh*t
75 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+18online now  16
Alex Jones Says Joe Rogan's Step Daughter Is Black and Posts Up Her Pics
188 comments