Google Pixel is America's fastest growing smartphone brand

most viewed right now
+24  71
135 comments @misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 months ago '07        #1
941 page views
36 comments

21 1711 heat pts1711
space
space
$65,211 | Props total: 76307 76307
Google Pixel is America's fastest growing smartphone brand

Google Pixel is now the United States' fastest-growing smartphone brand

Research firm Strategy Analytics recently published a report on its website with a pretty eye-grabbing headline — Google Pixel is Fastest-Growing US Smartphone Brand. There aren't any numbers a*sociated with the report, but it's quite impressive nonetheless.

Google didn't start releasing phones under the Pixel brand until 2016, and at that time, it was entering a market that was essentially dominated by the likes of Apple and Samsung. Even for a company of Google's size, that was still a big mountain to climb.

The original Pixel and Pixel XL weren't perfect, but they did deliver industry-leading cameras, were the first phones to ship with the Google a*sistant, and offered an incredible software experience. 2017's Pixel 2 series refined the design and made the cameras even better. With the most recent Pixel 3 handsets, Google finally delivered on things like wireless charging, much better displays, and a premium all-glass construction.

Turns out people like Google's phones.

It's been quite fascinating to see the Pixel line grow and evolve over the past few years, and going into 2019 with this momentum, Google's in a position to hold onto that title of owning the fastest-growing smartphone brand in the U.S.

In addition to the Pixel 4 lineup towards the end of the year, we're also expecting a Pixel 3 Lite and Pixel 3 Lite XL to be released — providing a lot of what makes the Pixel 3 so great in a more affordable package for consumers.

Are you at all surprised by this report? If you live in the U.S., do you own a Pixel phone? Sound off in the comments below.

The Pixel 3 Lite will be Google's most important phone in 2019

visit this link https://www.androidcentra .. ampaign=social
+6   

36 comments for "Google Pixel is America's fastest growing smartphone brand"

2 months ago '05        #2
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,863 | Props total: 19875 19875
Not hard to be the fastest growing brand when the other major brands have already sold millions.

These tech blogs want the Pixel to be successful so bad.
+7   

2 months ago '05        #3
TRU 504 BoY 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,191 | Props total: 670 670
This is probably going to be my next phone since Samsung wants to charge $40,000 for a fu*kin phone.

2 months ago '05        #4
old head 180 heat pts180
space
space
$19,796 | Props total: 20323 20323
 21 said
Google Pixel is now the United States' fastest-growing smartphone brand

[pic - click to view]

Research firm Strategy Analytics recently published a report on its website with a pretty eye-grabbing headline — Google Pixel is Fastest-Growing US Smartphone Brand. There aren't any numbers a*sociated with the report, but it's quite impressive nonetheless.

Google didn't start releasing phones under the Pixel brand until 2016, and at that time, it was entering a market that was essentially dominated by the likes of Apple and Samsung. Even for a company of Google's size, that was still a big mountain to climb.

The original Pixel and Pixel XL weren't perfect, but they did deliver industry-leading cameras, were the first phones to ship with the Google a*sistant, and offered an incredible software experience. 2017's Pixel 2 series refined the design and made the cameras even better. With the most recent Pixel 3 handsets, Google finally delivered on things like wireless charging, much better displays, and a premium all-glass construction.

Turns out people like Google's phones.

It's been quite fascinating to see the Pixel line grow and evolve over the past few years, and going into 2019 with this momentum, Google's in a position to hold onto that title of owning the fastest-growing smartphone brand in the U.S.

In addition to the Pixel 4 lineup towards the end of the year, we're also expecting a Pixel 3 Lite and Pixel 3 Lite XL to be released — providing a lot of what makes the Pixel 3 so great in a more affordable package for consumers.

Are you at all surprised by this report? If you live in the U.S., do you own a Pixel phone? Sound off in the comments below.

The Pixel 3 Lite will be Google's most important phone in 2019

+6   

2 months ago '04        #5
Burym3ag 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,107 | Props total: 1043 1043
got a Pixel 3XL as my secondary phone (Note9 main) and its definitely worth it! the notch is ugly, just turn it off in the hardware and lose some screen real estate. Otherwise no complaints. The camera is Amazing vs Note9 and everything is smooth. Noheadphone jack or expandable storage maybe a turn off for some people though.
+1   

2 months ago '09        #6
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,313 | Props total: 1366 1366
This is a stupid stat

2 months ago '06        #7
Yung Dilla 1585 heat pts1585
space
space
$63,954 | Props total: 69574 69574
My pixel is beastly. Best camera hands down
+2   

2 months ago '04        #8
cuzjuan 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 3507 3507
 Y.G. said
Not hard to be the fastest growing brand when the other major brands have already sold millions.

STFU!

been on this wave since the begining

and no one asked u sh*t!

2 months ago '05        #9
ArKane 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,355 | Props total: 1998 1998
I loved my pixel XL I love my pixel 2 XL

I did the get the XL 3 cause I didn't see any reason to upgrade from the two

But I will be grabbing the pixel 4 XL forbsure

Best phone I've ever owned since my Galaxy S5

I don't need tech YouTubers or bx2 tell me any different
+1   

2 months ago '05        #10
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 cuzjuan said
STFU!

been on this wave since the begining

and no one asked u sh*t!
And your post has exactly what to do with the article?

Also, "no one asked you sh*t" either "Juan."

2 months ago '17        #11
Rule 336 105 heat pts105
space
space
$11,903 | Props total: 46429 46429
 Y.G. said

& you don't? This is a win for consumers. You n*ggas cry about monopolies but yet you sh*t on any brand that isn't Samsung or Apple..

2 months ago '05        #12
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Rule 336 said
& you don't? This is a win for consumers. You n*ggas cry about monopolies but yet you sh*t on any brand that isn't Samsung or Apple..
When did I cry about monopolies?

And naw, I don't care if the Pixel is successful or not. Its success or failure changes very little. Android is too big to fail at this point in the game. A phone by Google won't change its fate.

2 months ago '14        #13
BasedGawd 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,346 | Props total: 9046 9046
I have the Pixel XL 2, the camera is phenomenal but Samsung Note has the edge with better software and features... I just refuse to pay $1000 for a fu*king phone.
+2   

2 months ago '15        #14
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$858 | Props total: 935 935
 BasedGawd said
I have the Pixel XL 2, the camera is phenomenal but Samsung Note has the edge with better software and features... I just refuse to pay $1000 for a fu*king phone.
you think samsungs ux is better than stock android? what features does it have that are better? im just wondering because i have an s9 but i prefer vanilla android.

2 months ago '14        #15
BasedGawd 16 heat pts16
space
space
 abcxyz said
you think samsungs ux is better than stock android? what features does it have that are better? im just wondering because i have an s9 but i prefer vanilla android.
I find the S pen highly useful.

I take alot of screenshots on my phone, note has the scroll capture feature. Even my middle tier Moto Z3 has it but the Pixel doesn't.

2 months ago '04        #16
sideshow20 19 heat pts19
space
space
$9,821 | Props total: 877 877
Copped the pixel XL day one
Skipped Pixel 2 (wife copped the 2)
Currently using the three.
Gonna skip the four if no changes are made.

2 months ago '15        #17
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
 BasedGawd said
I find the S pen highly useful.

I take alot of screenshots on my phone, note has the scroll capture feature. Even my middle tier Moto Z3 has it but the Pixel doesn't.
theres third party apps that can do it. i dont think thats a make or break feature to not have built in and how many people actually use it.... i didnt know that even existed.

i just asked both of my coworkers how often they use their s pen and i got the answer i expected: almost never.

2 months ago '05        #18
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 BasedGawd said
Google jacks a lot of Samsung features and incorporates them into vanilla Android.

Can't jack Samsung Pay though.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #19
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said
Google jacks a lot of Samsung features and incorporates them into vanilla Android.

Can't jack Samsung Pay though.

samsung and google constantly work together. google is helping them fix bixby instead of just using google a*sistant. google is helping them with the software for the foldable phone. they are working together to bring rcs to android. just like im sure google is helping samsung incorporate night shot into their camera.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #20
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 abcxyz said

samsung and google constantly work together. google is helping them fix bixby instead of just using google a*sistant. google is helping them with the software for the foldable phone. they are working together to bring rcs to android. just like im sure google is helping samsung incorporate night shot into their camera.
None of that changes the fact that Googles jacks plenty of features from Samsung.

Side note: Samsung has its own RCS interconnect and has for years. They only thing Google and Samsung are "working on" together in this fashion is the promise that the interconnects will talk to each other. Really a nonissue since this has been the case since Sprint deployed Universal Profile 1.0.
+1   

2 months ago '14        #21
BasedGawd 16 heat pts16
space
space
 abcxyz said
theres third party apps that can do it. i dont think thats a make or break feature to not have built in and how many people actually use it.... i didnt know that even existed.

i just asked both of my coworkers how often they use their s pen and i got the answer i expected: almost never.
And? It's rhetorical, don't bother answering.

2 months ago '08        #22
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,996 | Props total: 7689 7689
 Y.G. said
None of that changes the fact that Googles jacks plenty of features from Samsung.

Side note: Samsung has its own RCS interconnect and has for years. They only thing Google and Samsung are "working on" together in this fashion is the promise that the interconnects will talk to each other. Really a nonissue since this has been the case since Sprint deployed Universal Profile 1.0.
U know what brah? I wish Sammy came through with Tizen on high performance phones but i get that it would have been an uphill battle

Their Tizen operated watches seem to be stable as hell, and last month i was loadng Hulu on this chick’s Samsung TV she had recently bought. For some reason i kept telling her that the interface was the smoothest i had ever seen. The responsiveness, fluidity, interface design and app performance were ridiculous

I kept bugging her on how the f*k she came across thst TV and she was like iono 0_o

After checking my device list on Hulu online, among iphones, android tablets and the like, some Tizen showed up in the list. 1st i was like WTF someone gained access to my shiet!

But then it hit me

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by flav; 02-13-2019 at 07:15 PM..
+1   

2 months ago '05        #23
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 flav said
U know what brah? I wish Sammy came through with Tizen on high performance phones but i get that it would have been an uphill battle

Their Tizen operated watches seem to be stable as hell, and last month i was loadng Hulu on this chick’s Samsung TV she had recently bought. For some reason i kept telling her that the interface was the smoothest i had ever seen. The responsiveness, fluidity, interface design and app performance were ridiculous

I kept bugging her on how the f*k she came across thst TV and she was like iono 0_o

After checking my device list on Hulu online, among iphones, android tablets and the like, some Tizen showed up in the list. 1st i was like WTF someone gained access to my shiet!

But then it hit me

[pic - click to view]

I thought I was the only one that wanted a high-end Tizen phone. I believe earlier that Samsung was headed in that direction. Look at what one of their UI designers mocked up for what was supposed to be TouchWiz on the Galaxy S VI:

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

If that UI was successful with consumers, I believe Samsung would have put more effort into Tizen. I can only imagine the smoothness and battery life would have been immaculate.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #24
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said

can you name some features they "jacked"

2 months ago '05        #25
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 abcxyz said
can you name some features they "jacked"
Not going to list them all but one of the older jacks Google did was taking the Quick Settings toggles from King Sam. Such a gracious King.

Home      

most viewed right now
+26online now  39
I just gotta smash raw, fam....
18 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+23online now  30
Video inside MozZY gives update on Mess MozZY Member status and Nipsey Hussle death.
30 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+56online now  21
Image(s) inside Apr 23 - Howard University Has Banned All D.C. Residents From Walking ..
135 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+36online now  20
Image(s) inside Tourist / Civilian Get SMACKED For Writing On Rolling 60s NIPSEY CRENS..
147 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy