Gucci blackface or nah???

most viewed right now
39 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 months ago '06        #1
2476 page views
45 comments

LYTE 165 heat pts165
space
space
space
$16,086 | Props total: 8786 8786
Gucci blackface or nah???

(CNN) Gucci has apologized and discontinued selling a sweater that social media users said resembles blackface because of its design.

In a Twitter post Wednesday, the Italian luxury brand said it "deeply apologizes for the offense caused by the wool balaclava jumper."

The top, which is no longer on the company's website, is a black turtleneck sweater that pulls up over the bottom half of the face with a cut out and oversized red lips around the mouth.

"We can confirm that the item has been immediately removed from our online store and all physical stores," Gucci said in a statement on Wednesday. "We are fully committed to increasing diversity throughout our organization and turning this incident into a powerful learning moment for the Gucci team and beyond."

The sweater had been slammed on social media, with Twitter users saying it resembled blackface and expressing emotions ranging from exasperation to outrage.

"Today Gucci released their Balaclava Knit Top. Sigh. Really Gucci? Really?" Keisha Ka'oir tweeted.

Michael Bonner tweeted his frustration at the constant depiction of racist imagery in the news recently.

"One day I am going to deliver a prolific dissertation on how it feels to live in a continuous cycle of disrespect as a black man," he said. "Gigantic brands like @Gucci create offensive "fashion", quickly apologize, and then state, 'We did not know." I don't care. This is unacceptable."

One user noted that the controversy was taking place during Black History Month and expressed skepticism that it would stop people from buying the brand.

This is not the first time a fashion brand has been accused of using such imagery. Last year, luxury fashion house Prada said it withdrew products after some items displayed in a Manhattan storefront were seen as depicting blackface imagery. The products, part of Prada's Pradamalia line, were pulled after images surfaced of some merchandise depicting monkey-like figures with black faces and large red lips.

The latest controversy also comes as Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam is facing criticism and calls to resign because of a photograph on his page in his medical school's yearbook showing one person in blackface and another in a Ku Klux Klan robe and hood

Northam initially apologized for the photo, saying he was in it, without specifying which person he was. He later denied he was in the yearbook photo but admitted he had once dressed in blackface during a dance contest in San Antonio.

Northam met Wednesday with Southern Christian Leadership Conference President Dr. Charles Steele Jr. and Dr. Bernard LaFayette, chairman of the SCLC board, two well-known black leaders from a group once led by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The meeting was an effort to better understand how he can move past the scandal that has engulfed his office, an adviser to the Democrat tells CNN

visit this link https://www.google.com/am .. ter/index.html

45 comments for "Gucci blackface or nah???"

2 months ago '15        #2
Teddy KGB 42 heat pts42
space
space
$15,150 | Props total: 48050 48050
+7   

2 months ago '04        #3
torious 83 heat pts83
space
space
$87,560 | Props total: 21395 21395
Heard about this on Sway this morning

A grand smh
+6   

2 months ago '14        #4
yungpizzle82 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 4388 4388
Those European brands know what they be doing. They literally trolling black folks who are their top buying demo. sh*t is hilariously sad.

Basically calling us ******s while taking our money. And making these sus clothes emasculating men. All while showing what they REALLY think about us.

That's why I always found it so counterproductive to be extra brand clingy. Most of them don't even want to admit we buy they stuff more than anybody cuz they don't really want us wearing it but we so fu*king stupid/thirsty to buy back our 40 acres they got no choice but to take the $$$/make a few extra ******ish styles for the "rap" crowd smh...
+26   

2 months ago '04        #5
Ace2125 28 heat pts28
space
space
$5,752 | Props total: 1557 1557
Ironic they did this on BHM. fu*king scumbags
+9   

2 months ago '11        #6
slimfrom85th 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,996 | Props total: 4637 4637
I'll never buy from them again..
And before anyone says it I will
I kno it wont hurt them one bit but i will feel better about myself..
+13   

2 months ago '16        #7
Quinn 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,069 | Props total: 2954 2954
 Ace2125 said
Ironic they did this on BHM. fu*king scumbags
this, it was a complete slap in the face

2 months ago '16        #8
Funke 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,336 | Props total: 3657 3657
This and not one #BoycottGucci by any of these rappers.

+6   

2 months ago '17        #9
Mr Scaramucci 1032 heat pts1032
space
space
$4,157 | Props total: 53319 53319
 slimfrom85th said
I'll never buy from them again..
And before anyone says it I will
I kno it wont hurt them one bit but i will feel better about myself..
Because it's so hard not to buy from them..
It's not like the Exxon or your local cable company with the only game in town.
The fact that you boasting about being a Gucci customer means you'll buy from them again pretty soon to impress the little white girl you chasing after.

You hoe a*s n*gga
Pull up so I can smack the sh*t out of you in person with your own Gucci belt.

2 months ago '15        #10
Mystic 202 heat pts202
space
space
$8,412 | Props total: 12426 12426
Not blakcface, people complaining as usual

2 months ago '13        #11
J Thrilla 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,050 | Props total: 13368 13368
Same sh*t. Different year.

[pic - click to view]

+8   

2 months ago '04        #12
Ace2125 28 heat pts28
space
space
$5,752 | Props total: 1557 1557
 Mr Scaramucci said
Because it's so hard not to buy from them..
It's not like the Exxon or your local cable company with the only game in town.
The fact that you boasting about being a Gucci customer means you'll buy from them again pretty soon to impress the little white girl you chasing after.

You hoe a*s n*gga
Pull up so I can smack the sh*t out of you in person with your own Gucci belt.
 Mystic said
Not blakcface, people complaining as usual
Goofy a*s n*ggas
+2   

2 months ago '17        #13
Mr Scaramucci 1032 heat pts1032
space
space
$4,157 | Props total: 53319 53319
 Ace2125 said
Goofy a*s n*ggas
I hope you got health care n*gga with that big mouth of yours
+2   

2 months ago '06        #14
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$10,498 | Props total: 4032 4032
If n*ggas wasn't so overly invested in these labels, this wouldn't matter. It's a lame @ss idea for an article of clothing. NOBODY w/a pinch of taste would wear it. But n*ggas give this gas, so they keep poking. That's why n*ggas should support Canal St. $hit. That's the ONLY way to win. Bootleg these n*ggas out the game.
+8   

2 months ago '04        #15
biscuit 127 heat pts127
space
space
$26,285 | Props total: 19515 19515
It's trolling.

They know controversy gets their name mentioned and more mentions means more clout which even after apologies, will mean more sales.

Even racist trolling is still trolling and keeps the name out there.

fu*k em tho.
+2   

2 months ago '15        #16
Mystic 202 heat pts202
space
space
$8,412 | Props total: 12426 12426
 Ace2125 said
Goofy a*s n*ggas
How?

2 months ago '04        #17
LordBlanco|M 53 heat pts53
space
space
$37,169 | Props total: 27149 27149
Was black the only color it came in? Say it was white, would anyone even think of "blackface"? If black was the only color it came in then they definitely knew what they were doing....

or maybe not, maybe the internet is filled with a bunch of whiney c*nts who complain and cry about everything, which it is....

Ppl will still continue to buy Gucci, etc because of the name and a persons insecurity manifesting in overpriced clothing, regardles of how stupid, ugly, and racist it is...... LOOK AT THE TAG DOE
+4   

2 months ago '18        #18
Bsbrecords 43 heat pts43
space
space
$1,698 | Props total: 14657 14657
You don't like you don't buy. Sick of you n*ggas crying over fashion. If someone wants to walk around with a baboons a*s on their face then so be it.
+3   

2 months ago '15        #19
KING SOULJA 41 heat pts41
space
space
$11,459 | Props total: 16764 16764
Fuk off

2 months ago '18        #20
yunhsus 19 heat pts19
space
space
$660 | Props total: 5268 5268
i swear you bi*ch a*s n*gga look for sh*t to complain about everyday, blackface? it's a sweater that covers half the face with a red outline. There's something called context, learn to apply it and stop being emotional like a bunch of women. Single mother raised n*ggas, too bad it's discontinued, would have bought that sh*t just to p*ss you bi*ch a*s n*ggas off.

2 months ago '04        #21
CentsCuZ 20 heat pts20
space
space
$11,329 | Props total: 1671 1671
Was $890 before they pulled them

2 months ago '12        #22
MD20 
space
space
space
$1,503 | Props total: 1244 1244
 yungpizzle82 said
Those European brands know what they be doing. They literally trolling black folks who are their top buying demo. sh*t is hilariously sad.

Basically calling us ******s while taking our money. And making these sus clothes emasculating men. All while showing what they REALLY think about us.

That's why I always found it so counterproductive to be extra brand clingy. Most of them don't even want to admit we buy they stuff more than anybody cuz they don't really want us wearing it but we so fu*king stupid/thirsty to buy back our 40 acres they got no choice but to take the $$$/make a few extra ******ish styles for the "rap" crowd smh...

2 months ago '06        #23
KornerBoy 
space
space
$1,121 | Props total: 1647 1647
Gucci

2 months ago '16        #24
Lagos 191 heat pts191
space
space
$8,150 | Props total: 13300 13300
Gucci?!

2 months ago '05        #25
precys 95 heat pts95
space
space
$5,592 | Props total: 11723 11723
If you think they didn't know what they was doing or you defending this lmfaooooo I don't even know what to say anymore lmfaooo

+5   

Home      

most viewed right now
+147online now  43
Goth Booty Queen
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+75online now  32
Image(s) inside Apr 19 - IG thots on suicide watch ​- Instagram might make "like..
75 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+64online now  20
NBA Report: Young Lakers Stopped Trusting Lebron James, Says He Was Trying To ..
124 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+41online now  19
Image(s) inside She said "Her toilet is broke can she use ur face instead"?
43 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy