online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

"Siri, I'm going to shoot up a school"

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

5 years ago '07        #1
5216 page views
0 comments

21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 102997 102 K  Slaps total: 26275 26 K
"Siri, I'm going to shoot up a school"

Boy told Apple’s Siri: “I’m going to shoot up a school.” Siri responded with a list of schools in the area

A middle school student in Indiana was arrested and charged with intimidation after he threatened to shoot up a school on Apple’s voice assistant Siri, police say.

The 13-year-old boy, who at the time was visiting family in Valparaiso, about 20 miles south of where he attends school, told Siri, “I am going to shoot up a school,” police said in a statement late last week.

In response to his query, the Apple assistant gave him a list of schools in Valparaiso on his iPhone, based on his location. The boy took a screenshot of Siri’s response and posted it on social media.

His friends on social media alerted police in Chesterton, where he lives, who contacted police in Valparaiso.

“The made no direct threat to a specific person, school, or school system,” Valparaiso police said. “It has since been discovered the male has no access to weapons and posted the picture on social media as a joke.”

Even though police determined that the threat wasn’t credible, police say they take those types of threats and communications very seriously.
Siri
emoji

https://news.vice.com/en_ .. =vicetwitterus

Last edited by 21; 02-04-2019 at 12:15 PM..
+18   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+8112
Image(s) inside Damn she living like that
125 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props-273
Image(s) inside The difference between a 30 year old in the 80s vs 2024
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+772
logo Michael Jordan ain't lying. They out here celebrating players having conse..
71 comments
1 day ago
@sports