comcast introduces a $5.99/month scheme to protect your device from hackers

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

6 days ago '09        #1
586 page views
15 comments

messy marv stan 5119 heat pts5119
space
space
$68,853 | Props total: 110144 110144
comcast introduces a $5.99/month scheme to protect your device from hackers

visit this link https://stopthecap.com/20 .. -from-hackers/

Comcast internet customers have a new add-on option – xFi Advanced Security, an “artificial intelligence” security package designed to identify and block Wi-Fi intrusions and hack attacks on Internet of Things (IoT) equipment like lights, thermostats, smart meter apps, Wi-Fi equipped home appliances, security cameras, doorbells, voice enabled personal a.ssistants, and garage door openers.

Comcast will sell the package for $5.99 a month (except for xFi Advantage customers, who get Advanced Security included at no additional cost), based on claims that hacker attacks on IoT devices are up 600% from 2016-2017.

xFi Advanced Security provides an added layer of protection for your entire network by preventing you from inadvertently accessing malicious sites, blocking remote access to smart devices from unknown or dangerous sources and monitoring activity in real time to detect when devices are behaving in unusual ways that could indicate a network threat.

Whenever a threat is detected, it’s automatically blocked and you are notified in xFi and given tips on how to resolve

“As the digital world gets more complex, we wanted to make it simple and easy for our customers to protect their home networks. That’s why we developed xFi Advanced Security,” said Fraser Stirling, senior vice president of digital home, devices and AI for Comcast. “We want to give customers digital peace of mind for the devices they already own and the confidence to expand and evolve their connected homes knowing that every new camera, voice-assisted speaker or smart thermostat they add will be protected.”
+1   

15 comments for "comcast introduces a $5.99/month scheme to protect your device from hackers"

6 days ago '11        #2
j3rz 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,363 | Props total: 2085 2085
Its definitely happening idk if Comcast gonna stop it though
+1   

6 days ago '18        #3
BrooklynDamien 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,903 | Props total: 7838 7838
They need to protect them for free. It's their fault the customer is at risk. These naggas...
+7   

6 days ago '14        #4
breezeus313 
space
space
space
$456 | Props total: 921 921
I hate Comcast with a passion
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 days ago '08        #5
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,232 | Props total: 6383 6383
Comcast is expensive fuming trash
+2   

4 days ago '15        #6
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$593 | Props total: 577 577
as much as i hate comcast....... my bill is $49 a month and i have blast (250mbps). cant really complain here.

3 days ago '04        #7
LightAndBlaze 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,252 | Props total: 6676 6676
So...

If someone hacks a Nest thermostat or a couple Philips Hue light strips, what exactly can they do?

Asking for a friend...

3 days ago '09        #8
messy marv stan 5119 heat pts5119 OP
space
space
$68,853 | Props total: 110144 110144
 abcxyz said
as much as i hate comcast....... my bill is $49 a month and i have blast (250mbps). cant really complain here.

im stuck with cox since its the only regime that services the area. cumcast at&t and verizon all claim they cant service the condo complex. the price is supposed to be $40 a month for 30/3. its $65 because of bullsh*t charges like regional fee 911 access fee and some other bullsh*t
+1   

3 days ago '04        #9
Javon23 321 heat pts321
space
space
$51,008 | Props total: 20340 20340
They will never stop me
#Challenge

3 days ago '15        #10
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
 messy marv stan said
im stuck with cox since its the only regime that services the area. cumcast at&t and verizon all claim they cant service the condo complex. the price is supposed to be $40 a month for 30/3. its $65 because of bullsh*t charges like regional fee 911 access fee and some other bullsh*t
are you paying for a regional sports access fee and 911 access fee but dont have tv and internet? comcast still had them on my bill after i cancelled cable and phone until i called them. if you dont own your modem you should buy a modem/router combo. thats how i keep mine at exactly 50.
+1   

3 days ago '06        #11
991 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,456 | Props total: 2130 2130
 abcxyz said
How I'm paying 81 for 75 down.

3 days ago '14        #12
DUENASnoches 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,585 | Props total: 1093 1093
 abcxyz said
How Sway? That’s dope.

3 days ago '15        #13
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
 991 said
How I'm paying 81 for 75 down.
i call and complain and tell them im going to leave. i also own my modem/router.

call them and get a retention rep. tell them you are moving but not sure when yet but within the next month or two. you narrowed it down to a couple houses all in the same area and they all have fios. tell them verizon is offering 100/100 for $39 a month. tell them you want to stay with comcast because you have enough on your plate with finding a home and moving that you would rather stay with them to make things easier. tell them if they arent going to offer you something that would compare to that you will leave. they gave me the performance internet which included a free upgrade to the boost for $49. you have to be persistent. idk if it helps or not, but tell the automated message you will do the survey after. seems like i dont wait as long for a rep when i say i will and they seem to give me what i want more often than not. i never actually do the survey tho.

Last edited by abcxyz; 01-16-2019 at 01:55 AM..
+3   

3 days ago '15        #14
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
 DUENASnoches said
How Sway? That’s dope.
read my post above this one. gotta just be persistent, bullsh*t well and have some figures to back up why you deserve a better price.

1 day ago '05        #15
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,000 | Props total: 3577 3577
 LightAndBlaze said
So...

If someone hacks a Nest thermostat or a couple Philips Hue light strips, what exactly can they do?

Asking for a friend...
Imagine a digital door lock gets hacked, the attacker could lock you out of your own house until a ransom was paid for example.

Other than little things like that, not much as far as interacting with the end user unless that device has a speaker/mic or camera, but any IoT device can be added to a Bot Net which can then let them do all types of things:

Last edited by BurninLz; Yesterday at 08:04 AM..
+1   

1 day ago '09        #16
Zaosyn 263 heat pts263
space
space
$14,833 | Props total: 2483 2483
Some of y'all should look into buying a Xfinity wifi account on eBay for like $5. It will let you connect to any Xfinity hotspots.. that's what I'ma do.. or crack someone's wifi in my apartment complex.

Home      

most viewed right now
+100online now  47
Image(s) inside She’s 5’1” With A 40 inch Ass. But How Deep Is The pus-y?
65 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  46
Video inside 1839 World Fair... Our history is a lie
31 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+89online now  39
Image(s) inside Tahiry said she tired of the fakeness
101 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside LMAO: Gay Rap LHH Superstar "Bobby Lytes" Get Jumped At 7 11 By The 71..
49 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-17online now  17
Video inside Young Buck is out here going off on 50!
151 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-17online now  16
Hoodrich Pablo Juan robbed again left naked in the streets in Atlanta
389 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+23online now  16
Image(s) inside Crazy conspiracy theory involving our POTUS