Jan 12 - Tim Scott calls out his fellow republicans for not standing up to hate

most viewed right now
+28  35
52 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

7 days ago '11        #1
272 page views
12 comments

Sin 1823 heat pts1823
space
space
$27,300 | Props total: 77262 77262
Jan 12 - Tim Scott calls out his fellow republicans for not standing up to hate

Can someone post the article, i ran out of Washington post reads
+4   

12 comments for "Jan 12 - Tim Scott calls out his fellow republicans for not standing up to hate"

7 days ago '17        #2
TaxStoneCooked 92 heat pts92
space
space
$14,344 | Props total: 35578 35578
Tim Scott: Why are Republicans accused of racism? Because we’re silent on things like this.

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) participates in a hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington. (J. Scott Applewhite/AP)
By Tim Scott January 11 at 1:38 PM
Tim Scott, a Republican, represents South Carolina in the U.S. Senate.

Over the past two years, Republicans have focused on spreading opportunity, and it has paid dividends: From the creation of opportunity zones in some of our nation’s most distressed communities to amazing job-creation statistics and low unemployment rates, there’s no doubt that the future is brightening for many Americans.

However, we are often still struggling when it comes to civility and fairness. This was driven home once again Thursday as Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) wondered aloud: “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?”

I will admit I am unsure who is offended by the term “Western civilization” on its own, but anyone who needs “white nationalist” or “white supremacist” defined, described and defended does lack some pretty common knowledge.

Three months ago, a white supremacist k!lled two black people in a parking lot in Kentucky. We are only 18 months from Charlottesville, where white nationalists k!lled a white woman with a car and severely beat multiple black people. Almost four years ago, a white supremacist murdered nine African Americans in a church in Charleston, S.C. In 1998, white supremacists dragged James Byrd Jr., behind a pickup truck through Jasper, Tex., decapitating him in the process.

The Washington Post
Democracy Dies in Darkness
Try 1 month for $1
Sign In
Newsletters & Alerts
Gift Subscriptions
Contact Us
Help Desk
Opinions
Tim Scott: Why are Republicans accused of racism? Because we’re silent on things like this.

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) participates in a hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington. (J. Scott Applewhite/AP)
By Tim Scott January 11 at 1:38 PM
Tim Scott, a Republican, represents South Carolina in the U.S. Senate.

Over the past two years, Republicans have focused on spreading opportunity, and it has paid dividends: From the creation of opportunity zones in some of our nation’s most distressed communities to amazing job-creation statistics and low unemployment rates, there’s no doubt that the future is brightening for many Americans.

However, we are often still struggling when it comes to civility and fairness. This was driven home once again Thursday as Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) wondered aloud: “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?”

I will admit I am unsure who is offended by the term “Western civilization” on its own, but anyone who needs “white nationalist” or “white supremacist” defined, described and defended does lack some pretty common knowledge.

Three months ago, a white supremacist k!lled two black people in a parking lot in Kentucky. We are only 18 months from Charlottesville, where white nationalists k!lled a white woman with a car and severely beat multiple black people. Almost four years ago, a white supremacist murdered nine African Americans in a church in Charleston, S.C. In 1998, white supremacists dragged James Byrd Jr., behind a pickup truck through Jasper, Tex., decapitating him in the process.

How Rep. Steve King has come under fire for comments on race
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) was recorded on Nov. 5 allegedly equating migrants and dirt. (Patrick Martin/The Washington Post)

These are just a sliver of the havoc that white nationalists and white supremacists have strewn across our nation for hundreds of years. Four little girls k!lled in a bombing in Birmingham, Ala., thousands lynched and countless hearts and minds turned cruel and hateful.

When people with opinions similar to King’s open their mouths, they damage not only the Republican Party and the conservative brand but also our nation as a whole. They want to be treated with fairness for some perceived slights but refuse to return the favor to those on the other side.

[Why should I support a political party that is marginalizing me out of existence?]

Some in our party wonder why Republicans are constantly accused of racism — it is because of our silence when things like this are said. Immigration is the perfect example, in which somehow our affection for the rule of law has become conflated with a perceived racism against brown and black people.

I do support border security not because I want to keep certain ethnicities out of our nation, but because I support enforcing our laws. I do not care if you come from Canada, France or Honduras, if you break our laws, there should be consequences. But it has become almost impossible to have a reasonable conversation along those lines. That’s in part why I laid out my agenda on civility, fairness and opportunity on Thursday on the floor of the Senate.

King’s comments are not conservative views but separate views that should be ridiculed at every turn possible. Conservative principles mean equal opportunity for all to succeed, regardless of what you look like or where you are from. It is maddening to see so many folks who believe this and have only good intentions in their hearts tarnished by these radical perspectives.

That is why silence is no longer acceptable. It is tempting to write King — or other extremists on race issues, such as black-nationalist Louis Farrakhan — as lonely voices in the wilderness, but they are far more dangerous than that. They continue to rip at the fabric of our nation, a country built on hope, strength and diversity. It is the opposite of civility and fairness and will lead only to more pain and suffering.

We have made significant progress in our nation, and while there is still work to do, we cannot let these intolerant and hateful views hold us back. This is a uniquely fractured time in our nation’s history, not our worst but far from our best, and it is only together that we will rebuild the trust we seem to have lost in each other.

We must work to lead our nation forward. In the future, I hope Steve King takes the opportunity to join us.
+3   

7 days ago '17        #3
space
space
Now if only Blue Lives Matter or America's Muslim community came out and did this.

Last edited by TaxStoneCooked; 01-12-2019 at 10:56 AM..

7 days ago '18        #4
Penetration 181 heat pts181
space
space
$1,492 | Props total: 5573 5573
You went from a gay troll to gay trump troll ^^ #incelsofboxden

7 days ago '17        #5
space
space
 Penetration said
You went from a gay troll to gay trump troll ^^ #incelsofboxden
You snatched an old ladys purse. And had your mugshot posted. Please go away.
+1   

7 days ago '17        #6
Naga Sadow 18 heat pts18
space
space
$9,668 | Props total: 39200 39200
Black people have known this for years and now this Sambo wants to speak out? He still voted for, supports, and stands with those same bigots so he can save all that talk.

+13   

7 days ago '16        #7
Aztlan 82 heat pts82
space
space
$11,244 | Props total: 29084 29084
I was with him till that shot at Farrakhan.
+1   

7 days ago '17        #8
Ifeellikekobe 96 heat pts96
space
space
$6,846 | Props total: 29154 29154
Well thanks Tim

+2   

7 days ago '08        #9
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,821 | Props total: 7055 7055
After Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) penned an op-ed on Friday blasting Rep. Steve King’s (R-IA) comments about white nationalism, Scott stopped short of calling King racist in an interview on Fox News and said the congressman should not resign.

“I don’t think he should resign. His voters have elected him. He has, without any question, the power of his office. I think what should happen, however, is he should take a step back from the damage he’s doing to the country and frankly to our party,” Scott told Fox News’ Neil Cavuto.

Cavuto followed up and asked Scott if King is racist.

“I don’t know him well enough to know what the intentions of his heart really are, to be honest with you. But I can tell you his comments are polarizing at least, and frankly I find them offensive,” Scott replied.

Later in the interview, Cavuto asked how Republicans should address King’s statements if he won’t step down. Scott did not have a solution in mind.

“I don’t know how we play that out. Frankly, people have the right to say what they want to say. We have the right to respond to what they say. His voters elected him, and I have to respect the fact that the voters saw something beyond his comments that was worthy of public service,” Scott told Cavuto.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by stlcardinals19; 01-12-2019 at 11:16 AM..
+9   

7 days ago '17        #10
ddy807 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,635 | Props total: 6142 6142
+1   

7 days ago '17        #11
TheLastNonEarth 96 heat pts96
space
space
$8,435 | Props total: 43352 43352
 stlcardinals19 said

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Tim Scott is like that hood grandma who's the last person to acknowledge that yes, her 'granbaby' man-man is a gun toting d-boy... who shoots people.

n*gga has had like 4000 wake-up calls and counting but still ends every criticism like this. He did the same for the ....once f!ghting for the racist cause of gerrymandering.

Tim Scott, everytime:

I don't know this klansmans heart, but our party's appointment of him to this position is a bad look..and it's why we're called racist, while we're not...

Let me let you in on a lil secret Timmy, and @ ..in the case of the latter I know that you already know the playbook since you follow it on BX

Republicans use double speak, code, and borderline racist insinuations to conceal their intentions. Most importantly, they have non racist justificationss for every policy with racial implications.

Immigration policy?
Private face:
Sure it's in alignment with the openly racist WS movement, a not so fringe part of our party....

Public Face:
but can anyone argue with safety and border security?

Programs for minorities? Private Face
Fvck those people. We're going to act like everyone started on an even playing field.

Public face:
What are liberals implying with increased minority business grants? That blacks CAN'T make it on their own? That's racist.

Syrian refugees?
Private face:
I don't care if we caused it. Keep murrica less brown!
Public face:
Aren't people concerned about the security of our nation? Some people involved in this refugee crisis (that we started) are anti-American (because we just bombed them) and can damage our country.... (like we just damaged their's)

Last edited by TheLastNonEarth; 01-12-2019 at 02:42 PM..
+8   

6 days ago '18        #12
Sandyy 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,265 | Props total: 6654 6654
Never hear him say anything when he running tho

Then its "lets focus on the issues" and "all republicans not racist". Shill.
+4   

6 days ago '13        #13
jae dub 336 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,077 | Props total: 2177 2177
"Black Republicans often make an unspoken bargain with their party: Don't talk about race/racism, and when and if you do, make it about Democrats and liberals. Mention Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan, and something about Democrats taking African-American voters for granted.

But never, ever, call out the GOP.

There is another part of that bargain: If, in fact, there are ever any questions about why there are so few black Republican elected officials, be ready to be part of that small list as a sign of progress."

+5   

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  22
Video inside Mary J Blige: Aaliyah was MURDERED & I was NEXT
70 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  20
Image(s) inside Dude using the S10 out in the wild👀
39 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+56online now  11
Image(s) inside Indian 🍑 ARIANA SAYANI
65 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+34online now  8
Image(s) inside "I Seen 2pac Pull Up To The Club w/ Faith Evans, he & Treach Both Smas..
77 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside FYRE FESTIVAL A.K.A. Hulu vs Netflix
49 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-16online now  5
Video inside 1839 World Fair... Our history is a lie
45 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+27online now  4
Image(s) inside Crazy conspiracy theory involving our POTUS
131 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+107online now  3
Image(s) inside Shes 51 With A 40 inch Ass. But How Deep Is The pus-y?
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy