Final Destination reboot enters development with Saw writers

most viewed right now
+16  94
37 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '06        #1
261 page views
7 comments

SM 40062 heat pts40062
space
space
space
$137,920 | Props total: 107053 107053
Final Destination reboot enters development with Saw writers

The Hollywood Reporter has brought word that the fan-favorite New Line Cinema horror franchise Final Destination is getting the reboot treatment from Saw franchise writers Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan.

The franchise, which began in 2000 with a script originally written for the Fox supernatural series The X-Files, followed a new group of teens/young adults who narrowly escape a grisly death when one has a premonition of the event, only for death to follow them and reclaim their souls in horrific and unique ways, everything from stray drops of tea in a computer monitor to a stray wrench on a production line.

Composed of five films, the original franchise was always received with mixed reviews from critics, who consistently praised the death sequences and concepts while frequently criticizing the poorly written dialogue and predictable plotting of the films. The series was, however, always a hit with audiences, with every film proving to be commercial hits and having grossed nearly $700 million over the course of 11 years and five entries.

A sixth entry into the series has long been discussed, given the surprise critical success the fifth installment proved to be and the large financial success of the latter two films, but developmental delays and seemingly lack of initiative from the studio has kept fans in the dark as to if and when the franchise would ever return to the big screen.

Melton and Dunstan joined the long-running Saw franchise beginning with the fourth installment and continuing to the initial seventh and final entry and are also known for having scripted the 2012 monster horror film Piranha 3DD, the less-than-enthusiastically received sequel to the surprise critical and commercial 2010 remake of Piranha.

New Line Cinema have recently been making waves in helping revive the horror genre for mainstream audiences, with The Conjuring universe, along with the acclaimed 2017 hit Lights Out and 2017 adaptation of the bestselling Stephen King novel, It, with the second half of the novel being adapted into a sequel entitled Chapter Two that is set to hit theaters on September 6, while also having the upcoming James Wan-produced The Curse of La Llorona set to premiere on April 19 along with the third entry into the Annabelle franchise set to debut on July 3.
+1   

7 comments for "Final Destination reboot enters development with Saw writers"

1 week ago '05        #2
ceo-of-hucworld 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,039 | Props total: 15223 15223
+2   

7 days ago '06        #3
DonYBE 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,222 | Props total: 4742 4742
The 1st 2 are the only ones I acknowledge.
+7   

6 days ago '15        #4
He Hate Me 
space
space
$5,547 | Props total: 14476 14476
They tried to bring back Saw and fu*ked up the entire timeline.

Let this sh*t go and be original. Thats why I'm so hype for Us.

6 days ago '13        #5
EZ Green 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,763 | Props total: 23792 23792
Reboots from less than 20 years ago? Shameless..

6 days ago '17        #6
Pretty Tone 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,840 | Props total: 19705 19705
im too washed for this sh*t to be enjoyable cause id be walking around paranoid 24/7. went to get in the whip slipped on snow and busted my shin up on the bottom of my car door. coulda been a wrap for me

6 days ago '17        #7
Coffee 46 heat pts46
space
space
space
$4,265 | Props total: 12217 12217

6 days ago '11        #8
YungAJ24 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,339 | Props total: 5568 5568
I'm good. They could've stopped after 3

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  30
21 Savage ,Young Thug and others under investigation by GBI and the Dekalb Cou..
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+64online now  30
Image(s) inside Indian 🍑 ARIANA SAYANI
66 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+61online now  28
Image(s) inside Stands knee high with a fat ass. You smashing? I AM!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  26
Video inside Mary J Blige: Aaliyah was MURDERED & I was NEXT
81 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+28online now  15
Video inside Jan 17 - Former Detroit Lions Player Beats Man Masturbating At Daughter..
31 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-26online now  10
Drake Exposed For Sliding into A Transgender Womenís DMs
133 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Sony Splits With R. Kelly