‘It Was a Lot for Me to Figure Out’: Kyrie Irving on Playing With LeBron James

most viewed right now
593 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '15        #1
2151 page views
58 comments

BuyGold 2860 heat pts2860
space
space
$9,193 | Props total: 44855 44855
‘It Was a Lot for Me to Figure Out’: Kyrie Irving on Playing With LeBron James

Kyrie Irving says playing alongside LeBron James is “definitely a challenge,” citing the enormous shadow and championship expectations James creates.

Despite all of their success together in Cleveland, Irving eventually decided to forge his own path by forcing a trade from the Cavs.

LeBron currently doesn’t have a true co-star in Los Angeles, as various young Lakers vie for the role of the No. 2 option.

Per ESPN:

“It’s definitely a challenge,” Irving told ESPN when asked about playing alongside James. “You now become part of a championship-caliber team based on a unique talent. LeBron is so smart, so talented, such a strong leader. And you’re trying to implement who you are, and grow as a player and learn every single day. And it can be difficult because it demands a lot of you.

“Certain times young players — and even older ones — find it a big transition, because you’re playing a certain way, and growing as a player, and you have a vision of what your career will look like. And then this player of such great stature arrives, and you’re still trying to be great, and he’s already great. And you find yourself asking, ‘OK, what are the steps to get there?’ So now do you learn by example from watching him? Do you learn by the way he treats his body? By the way he treats his business off the court? By his philanthropic path? So you just watch and you observe.”

It’s that type of pressure Irving grew tired of.

“You also have to be aware of the expectations from the outside and how that can infiltrate your thinking,” Irving said. “Somehow it ends up where everybody wants to play the blame game when things don’t go right. So it’s just a lot to get used to. It comes with a lot of pressures. I believe the very, very special ones, the unique ones, gladly take on that challenge, and they relish it. You can’t be afraid to challenge another great person. That’s how greatness is achieved.

“It was a lot for me to figure out. The belief I have in myself goes way beyond anything that could deter me from what I want to accomplish. You can never ever, ever, ever, ever lose your sense of self while you are playing alongside a great player.”
visit this link https://www.slamonline.co .. -lebron-james/
+6   

58 comments for "‘It Was a Lot for Me to Figure Out’: Kyrie Irving on Playing With LeBron James"

1 week ago '04        #2
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,676 | Props total: 17226 17226
We still talkin bout dis sh*t?

+10   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '09        #3
TriniSoldier 71 heat pts71
space
space
$59,681 | Props total: 53129 53129
KD, Kyrie who's next

1 week ago '08        #4
TM83 1 heat pts
space
space
$857 | Props total: 2364 2364
Great insight.

I really do not think people appreciate Jordan, Pippen & then Rodman

And Shaq & Kobe.

The pressure people put on you, the pressures from inside, the egos. It really takes special individuals to thrive in that type of environment.
+24   

1 week ago '15        #5
kami 37 heat pts37
space
space
$14,997 | Props total: 18241 18241
fu*k is he even talking about and why is he averaging less points since he left? you left the guy who held the ball all game and brad stevens isnt holding kyrie back..why isnt he averaging dame lilliard #'s?
+13   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '05        #6
_Player2 350 heat pts350
space
space
space
$16,376 | Props total: 19023 19023
 TM83 said
Great insight.

I really do not think people appreciate Jordan, Pippen & then Rodman

And Shaq & Kobe.

The pressure people put on you, the pressures from inside, the egos. It really takes special individuals to thrive in that type of environment.
Lakers won despite Kobe, because of Shaq and Gasol.

1 week ago '15        #7
suavehooper 1118 heat pts1118
space
space
space
$13,742 | Props total: 44005 44005
 kami said
fu*k is he even talking about and why is he averaging less points since he left? you left the guy who held the ball all game and brad stevens isnt holding kyrie back..why isnt he averaging dame lilliard #'s?
he lost his mind bro, it's really that simple

1 week ago '15        #8
Black Larry 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,844 | Props total: 6069 6069
 kami said
I think he'll be alright come playoffs. I'm not a Boston fan but I like byrie.
+1   

1 week ago '18        #9
MayneThaTruth2 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$2,544 | Props total: 2803 2803
Some powerful words and didnt seem like hate or any bad blood.

But powerful words when he said "You now become part of a championship-caliber team based on a unique talent."

I remember the old GM was saying how everything changed when Bron came back home. The focus immediately changed to winning a championship.

Remember the Cavs where trash. But they had some great pieces. The moment Lebron comes back, n*ggas is like "Oh sh*t, we going to the finals."

Kyrie probably wasnt used to this. Your whole mindset change, your focus change. You not just getting reps on a trash team, you have to perform because Bron wants to win. So its allot of pressure.
+16   

1 week ago '09        #10
The Bully 438 heat pts438
space
space
$56,282 | Props total: 81065 81065
I see where he's coming from....to go from leading a team to the lottery every season to playing for championships every season is quite the adjustment.
+20   

1 week ago '16        #11
Glock Rivers 351 heat pts351
space
space
$22,251 | Props total: 51478 51478

1 week ago '09        #12
MakaveliToDon91 27 heat pts27
space
space
$8,072 | Props total: 12935 12935
This is the perfect gossip for these bx trannys

Even tho it was all a compliment to james
+8   

1 week ago '09        #13
space
space
 The Bully said
I see where he's coming from....to go from leading a team to the lottery every season to playing for championships every season is quite the adjustment.
This is essentially what he said
+4   

1 week ago '11        #14
whothebestmc 100 heat pts100
space
space
$20,743 | Props total: 11650 11650
 kami said
Did you read his whole statement on it? It wasn't bashing lebron, just all truth. It is a ton of pressure to play with an all time great, it is hard being young thinking you're great and then trying to absorb everything like a sponge, there is going to be a blame game when things go bad.
+3   

1 week ago '10        #15
trill jackson 1131 heat pts1131
space
space
$24,171 | Props total: 41053 41053
he's right it was a tough transition. going from lottery team to lottery team now all of a sudden you have to play in all these playoff and championship games? poor kyrie sounds devastating
+7   

1 week ago '09        #16
space
space
 trill jackson said
he's right it was a tough transition. going from lottery team to lottery team now all of a sudden you have to play in all these playoff and championship games? poor kyrie sounds devastating
Kyrie wasnt half as popular as he is now till bron showcased him in all these nationally televised playoff games. But let them tell it kyrie carried bron
+7   

1 week ago '10        #17
trill jackson 1131 heat pts1131
space
space
$24,171 | Props total: 41053 41053
 MakaveliToDon91 said
Kyrie wasnt half as popular as he is now till bron showcased him in all these nationally televised playoff games. But let them tell it kyrie carried bron
bron k!lled that argument last year when he dragged the cadavers to the finals without kyrie
+13   

1 week ago '13        #18
Phenom354 
space
space
$10,426 | Props total: 8916 8916
Yeah it's hard to figure sh*t out when Lebron takes you to the finals each year when you couldn't touch the playoffs before him.
+13   

1 week ago '11        #19
whothebestmc 100 heat pts100
space
space
$20,743 | Props total: 11650 11650
How many of you actually read the whole article before you reacted? I'm a big lebron fan and this isn't negative at all really. Seems most of the people in here just read the title.
+5   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '09        #20
TriniSoldier 71 heat pts71
space
space
$59,681 | Props total: 53129 53129
 Phenom354 said
Yeah it's hard to figure sh*t out when Lebron takes you to the finals each year when you couldn't touch the playoffs before him.
put 3 all stars on a team and chances are they are making the fu*kin playoffs

1 week ago '16        #21
Soo Special OG 45 heat pts45
space
space
space
$8,267 | Props total: 16953 16953
 TriniSoldier said
how many all stars was on their team last year?

what about the early lebron cavs?
+4   

1 week ago '07        #22
21 1619 heat pts1619
space
space
$63,614 | Props total: 70641 70641
 Phenom354 said

[pic - click to view]

1 week ago '15        #23
OG.JMB.159 66 heat pts66
space
space
$3,932 | Props total: 9897 9897
 MakaveliToDon91 said
Thats foolish to say.. Lebron only went back to Cleveland because of how good Kyrie was.. You clowns will say anything.

1 week ago '04        #24
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,676 | Props total: 17226 17226
 TriniSoldier said
Now LeBron need 3 All-Stars to make the playoffs

n*ggas is retarded I swear

1 week ago '11        #25
The Rhyming Ape 75 heat pts75
space
space
$16,289 | Props total: 32538 32538
 kami said
Bc they have way more talent on that team than they do in Portland.

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  25
Image(s) inside FOUND ANOTHER THICK MIDGET ON IG, ON MY PIED PIPER sh-t
38 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+64online now  20
Proof That There Are Aliens In The Ocean
107 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+156online now  20
Image(s) inside She Got Those A-Cup Tiddies But, That Petite Ass Is Stupendous!
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside SouljaBoy is Caught Shoplifting a New Headband in NYC
62 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Jan 18 - Trump to make announcement on border protection and shutdown tomorrow..
172 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-31online now  8
Drake Exposed For Sliding into A Transgender Women’s DMs
141 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  8
21 Savage ,Young Thug and others under investigation by GBI and the Dekalb Cou..
118 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+60online now  4
NBA Shaq on Michael Jordan 'He F*cked Me Up After I HARD Fouled Him' January 2..
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy