Jan 10 - Russia Buys Quarter of World Yuan Reserves in Shift From Dollar

most viewed right now
+84  67
146 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '15        #1
515 page views
15 comments

BuyGold 2915 heat pts2915
space
space
$9,372 | Props total: 45770 45770
Jan 10 - Russia Buys Quarter of World Yuan Reserves in Shift From Dollar

Russia’s central bank dumped $101 billion in U.S. holdings from its huge reserves, shifting into euros and yuan last spring amid a new round of U.S. sanctions.

The central bank moved the equivalent of $44 billion each into the European and Chinese currencies in the second quarter, according to a report published on late Wednesday by the Bank of Russia, which discloses the data with a six-month lag. Another $21 billion was invested in the Japanese yen.

The Chinese currency accounted for 15 percent of total holdings at the last reading, up from 5 percent at the end of the first quarter, according to the report. That puts Russia’s yuan share at about ten times the average for global central banks, with its total holdings of the currency accounting for about a quarter of world reserves in yuan, according to International Monetary Fund data. Morgan Stanley estimated Russia was the main buyer of Chinese bonds last year.

“Russia is making a strategic shift in its reserves towards holding fewer dollars and more a*sets in other currencies,” said Benn Steil, director of international economics at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York.

The data reveal a dramatic acceleration in a policy Russia has been pursuing for several years of reducing exposure to a*sets that could be affected by U.S. restrictions. Tough sanctions on major Russian companies in early April hammered the ruble and spurred fears that more restrictions could follow, such as measures to cut Moscow off from global payment systems. Russian holdings of U.S. Treasuries dropped by about $81 billion in May and June, according to U.S. data.

Russia isn’t alone in its bid to reduce reliance on the world’s reserve currency amid increasing attempts by Washington to use economic leverage for geopolitical ends. In a deepening trade war with America, China sold a large portion of its U.S. Treasury holdings last year and officials in Europe put forward proposals to increase the use of the euro in regional transactions.

‘Ditching the Dollar’
“We aren’t ditching the dollar, the dollar is ditching us,” Russian President Vladimir Putin said in November. “The instability of dollar payments is creating a desire for many global economies to find alternative reserve currencies and create settlement systems independent of the dollar. We’re not the only ones doing it, believe me.”

The central bank data show Russia also cut the share of its reserves held in the U.S. to just 10 percent of the total from 29 percent at the end of March, suggesting some of the remaining dollar a*sets are now held in other countries. This aligns with data compiled by the U.S. Treasury, which shows an increase in American bond holdings in Belgium and the Cayman Islands last year.

Russia’s reserves are among the 10 largest in the world, totaling $458 billion at the end of June 2018. The data suggest Russia accounted for 90 percent of the inflows into the Chinese bond market in the first half of 2018, analysts at Morgan Stanley wrote in a research note published Thursday.

The shift has reduced the credit quality of Russia’s reserves, with the share of AA-rated a*sets dropping to 27 percent from 43 percent, according to the central bank report. Yields were higher on the yuan holdings, at 3.2 percent versus 0.35 percent for dollar a*sets.

“In a purely economic sense, the cost benefits of a massive shift to the the yuan aren’t clear,” said Elina Ribakova, a fellow at the Bruegel think tank in Brussels. “But it makes sense if you take geopolitics into account.”
visit this link https://www.bloomberg.com .. ollars-in-2018
+2   

15 comments for "Jan 10 - Russia Buys Quarter of World Yuan Reserves in Shift From Dollar"

2 weeks ago '10        #2
Big Louie Guwop 152 heat pts152
space
space
$14,518 | Props total: 17305 17305
Well, better start learning how to speak Chinese
They'll own us soon
+3   

2 weeks ago '13        #3
PsychoCyber 29 heat pts29
space
space
$8,200 | Props total: 2891 2891
 Big Louie Guwop said
They'll own us soon
fu*k nah son we gon be aight
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #4
zayan 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,528 | Props total: 8336 8336
 Big Louie Guwop said
They'll own us soon
Man all that chinging and changing finna hurt my mouth I don’t know how all my asian brothers and sisters do it
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #5
nwo504 32 heat pts32
space
space
$14,527 | Props total: 11084 11084

2 weeks ago '12        #6
FrescoB 74 heat pts74
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 34471 34471
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #7
danneywilliams 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
$1,151 | Props total: 2406 2406
 zayan said
Man all that chinging and changing finna hurt my mouth I don’t know how all my asian brothers and sisters do it
Don't make me get my man China Mac on you and punk you like he did Lil Pump.

2 weeks ago '18        #8
PAPLE 
space
space
$1,380 | Props total: 6932 6932
When they coin the phrase 'Petro-Yuan', then its time to start worrying 'Murica.

Till then it's peanuts and chump change.
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #9
wettems35 
space
space
space
$1,327 | Props total: 820 820
 zayan said
What you say homie?

[pic - click to view]

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #10
Rule 336 85 heat pts85
space
space
$8,460 | Props total: 31083 31083
 zayan said
@

2 weeks ago '14        #11
zayan 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,528 | Props total: 8336 8336
 Rule 336 said
@
:(

That was racist ?

你为什么要这样对我啊?

2 weeks ago '11        #12
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,026 | Props total: 8027 8027
 PAPLE said
When they coin the phrase 'Petro-Yuan', then its time to start worrying 'Murica.

Till then it's peanuts and chump change.
There ain’t gonna be a petro-yuan...fossil fuels are dying. China gonna be the world’s number one provider of renewable energy and while the US runs around the world punking people over oil. Meaning China is preparing for the future while the US is being greedy and focusing on the now.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #13
PAPLE 
space
space
$1,380 | Props total: 6932 6932
 Deuterion said
There ain’t gonna be a petro-yuan...fossil fuels are dying. China gonna be the world’s number one provider of renewable energy and while the US runs around the world punking people over oil. Meaning China is preparing for the future while the US is being greedy and focusing on the now.
There could be a 'petro-yuan' (hypothetically), there is still about 60-100 years in fossil fuels left on the Earth for us to consume. a*suming we stay close to the current track of how much ff the human race burns per year. In that time China could take over the Petro$ and that's when Americans should be concerned.

I agree with you that China (and also India) are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the world though.
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #14
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,026 | Props total: 8027 8027
 PAPLE said
There could be a 'petro-yuan' (hypothetically), there is still about 60-100 years in fossil fuels left on the Earth for us to consume. a*suming we stay close to the current track of how much ff the human race burns per year. In that time China could take over the Petro$ and that's when Americans should be concerned.

I agree with you that China (and also India) are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the world though.
Yeah when China and Russia or even BRICS have the US and the Petrodollar in a check mate it’ll be guaranteed WW3.

2 weeks ago '07        #15
justblazedown3 
space
space
$965 | Props total: 937 937
 Big Louie Guwop said
They'll own us soon
Where you been they already do. Who owns the most US debt? CHINA and when the US and china align to become the alliance this is the future......

[video - click to view]

2 weeks ago '15        #16
BuyGold 2915 heat pts2915 OP
space
space
$9,372 | Props total: 45770 45770
 Deuterion said
Meaning China is preparing for the future while the US is being greedy and focusing on the now.
facts
+1   

Home         

most viewed right now
+69online now  33
Image(s) inside Lil thick Maryland joint 30 mins away I might gotta shoot that shot ya..
291 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+169online now  27
Video inside 6 Money Traps to avoid in your 30s.
108 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+82online now  27
Video inside I dont care how famous you are. If you are under 45 with full veneers y..
151 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+35online now  17
Video inside You're 16 and find your teachers IG (this IG) ... What do?
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+77online now  9
YOOO IMAN SHUMPERT had THR*ESOME wit his WIFE & P0RN STAR & got P0RNSTAR PREGN..
162 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  5
Jan 22 - WTF? Man forces flight attendant to wipe is booty
40 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+147online now  5
Image(s) inside Texas homeowner, 20, shoots & kills three men and injures 2 more while..
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  5
Jan 22 - Most Israelis don’t want non-Jewish migrants, even if they are highly..
113 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy