Apple Bows To King Sam: iTunes And AirPlay 2 Coming To Samsung TVs

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '07        #1
680 page views
24 comments

Jago 1116 heat pts1116
space
space
space
$4,030 | Props total: 7454 7454
Apple Bows To King Sam: iTunes And AirPlay 2 Coming To Samsung TVs

Samsung’s 2018 and 2019 range of televisions will be able to access and play your iTunes movie and TV show library, the company has announced. You’ll also be able to buy and rent content from iTunes directly from the TV. The content will be available through a dedicated app which will debut exclusively on Samsung’s TVs. The TVs will also include support for AirPlay 2, Apple’s wireless streaming standard.

The iTunes Movies and TV Shows app, which will be available in 100 countries on both Samsung’s 2019 TVs as well as its 2018 models (after a firmware update), marks the first time Apple has allowed third-party devices to access its video library outside of Windows PCs. It could also be a prelude to a video streaming service that Apple is currently rumored to be working on — which is tellingly also reported to be coming to 100 countries.

Apple tells The Verge that Samsung’s smart TV ad-tracking features cannot track viewing usage within the iTunes Movies and TV Shows app, in another example of Apple’s focus on privacy.

While Apple Music currently competes with the likes of Spotify, the rumored streaming service will have Netflix in its sights. It will reportedly offer an all-you-can-eat model of streamed content for a single monthly subscription. Apple even appears to be ramping up its efforts to produce original video programming similar to Netflix’s Originals.

The TVs will also support AirPlay 2, which will allow content to be streamed from Apple devices.

Meanwhile, AirPlay 2 support will be available in 190 countries and will allow content such as videos, photos, music and podcasts, to be streamed from Apple devices directly to Samsung’s televisions. It will reportedly be joined by Google a.ssistant on the company’s 2019 televisions.

Commenting on the announcement, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services, Eddy Cue said, “We look forward to bringing the iTunes and AirPlay 2 experience to even more customers around the world through Samsung Smart TVs, so iPhone, iPad and Mac users have yet another way to enjoy all their favorite content on the biggest screen in their home.”

Update, 3:28PM ET: Added information about Samsung Smart TVs being unable to track usage inside of iTunes.
visit this link Apple is putting iTunes on Samsung TVs - The Verge
+2   

24 comments for "Apple Bows To King Sam: iTunes And AirPlay 2 Coming To Samsung TVs"

1 week ago '05        #2
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,443 | Props total: 18654 18654
Apple Stanleys awfully quiet.
+1   

1 week ago '06        #3
snaxxx 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,818 | Props total: 2595 2595
this will be a good move..... now i dont need to buy an apple tv
+3   

1 week ago '05        #4
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,694 | Props total: 4617 4617
 snaxxx said
Yup. I know what my next tv’s are gonna be. Samsung never failed me.
+2   

1 week ago '08        #5
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,184 | Props total: 6362 6362
 Y.G. said
Apple Stanleys awfully quiet.
Let the shift begin...

Apple has been snobby over the longest period of time, but their ecosystem no longer has any kind of appeal and they're slowly losing the customer's attention. Xiaomi, Huawei and Sammy have consistently continued to innovate while Apple stagnated and gouged out their prices. Well, the beginning of the end of Apple's reign has slowly started to take place already and I'm expecting Apple to play nice as time moves forward

The only thing they can still hold on to is iMessage...for now
+4   

1 week ago '08        #6
JR_Tha_Jenius 
space
space
space
$438 | Props total: 317 317
So Apple Bows down because they have now expanded their reach to consumers by making themselves available to a wider market of consumers? lol. The logic some of ya'll use is hilarious. Its business common sense this move
+9   

1 week ago '04        #7
mr_underground|m 2127 heat pts2127
space
space
$24,379 | Props total: 35741 35741
this helps get people into the apple ecosystem and increased demand as you can use their stuff on more things like amazon echo and now samsung products. its a good strategy to KEEP customers. the iphones and ipads are apples biggest draw and the other products aren't a profitable so opening the ecosystem allows them work with lower cost products.

Last edited by mr_underground; 01-09-2019 at 09:43 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '08        #8
606robin 28 heat pts28
space
space
$6,511 | Props total: 5316 5316
Damn. Wish, they would just send an update for early Samsung smart models. Apparently, you can have Tidal as well.
+1   

1 week ago '11        #9
DJ EM Double 34 heat pts34
space
space
$7,180 | Props total: 4434 4434
Interesting, is Apple being humble because they want to or because they have to?

1 week ago '09        #10
ShadyVsEminem 252 heat pts252
space
space
$22,989 | Props total: 9057 9057
 DJ EM Double said
Interesting, is Apple being humble because they want to or because they have to?

Because they have to, their 720p $750 "budget" phone flopped compared to what they expected and investors are not happy so they are gonna start pushing their crappy software on in other markets to make up for it
+2   

1 week ago '05        #11
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$54,188 | Props total: 8746 8746
 JR_Tha_Jenius said
So Apple Bows down because they have now expanded their reach to consumers by making themselves available to a wider market of consumers? lol. The logic some of ya'll use is hilarious. Its business common sense this move
These weirdos really get super invested in company vs company politics that literally has absolutely nothing to do with them. Instead of companies forcing eachother to innovate they want to Stan a company and wish the worst on all other companies.

Some real weirdos on BX, man.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #12
Madethagreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,680 | Props total: 11093 11093
 snaxxx said
Amen
+2   

1 week ago '05        #13
Double M Set 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,764 | Props total: 4383 4383
Sounds Like Samsung Wants Someone On Their TVs

7 days ago '04        #14
S1xth 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,839 | Props total: 218 218
Apple allows a partnership that now gets them an entirely new user base using they’re Digital Store and tech that normally wouldn’t have ever used them or haven’t in the past... but they’re bowing down?... right ��
+1   

7 days ago '09        #15
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,214 | Props total: 1207 1207
As far as I know, Apple doesn't make TV's, how is this bowing? Samsung will probably have to pay Apple for each TV that has its services and more people will but Samsung TVs because of it while we spend our free time arguing over who is the better company.

7 days ago '04        #16
Javon23 320 heat pts320
space
space
$50,992 | Props total: 20253 20253
 JR_Tha_Jenius said
You talking about the same fu*kas who only makes their apple events available on apple devices. This is a L

7 days ago '06        #17
phatbat9 
space
space
$717 | Props total: 273 273
Can’t wait. Just got a Sammy tv for Christmas and was about to breakdown and get an Apple TV

7 days ago '05        #18
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 JR_Tha_Jenius said
 S1xth said
Apple allows a partnership that now gets them an entirely new user base using they’re Digital Store and tech that normally wouldn’t have ever used them or haven’t in the past... but they’re bowing down?... right ��
 jasperfect said
As far as I know, Apple doesn't make TV's, how is this bowing? Samsung will probably have to pay Apple for each TV that has its services and more people will but Samsung TVs because of it while we spend our free time arguing over who is the better company.
Delusional. iPhone sales are down and the stock is tanking. Apple stock has lost $452 billion in value since October 3rd of last year. They're opening their services up out of necessity, not because it's a "good business" move.

Please believe if iPhone sales weren't hurting and Apple TV sales numbers weren't consistently pounded by other set-top boxes like the Fire TV and Roku, Apple wouldn't be opening up their iTunes ecosystem to Samsung, LG, Sony, etc.

And no, Samsung isn't paying for iTunes. Why would they? They're the number TV manufacturer already. They don't need iTunes on their TVs. It's Apple that needs help getting on people's televisions.

7 days ago '09        #19
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,214 | Props total: 1207 1207
 Y.G. said
Delusional. iPhone sales are down and the stock is tanking. Apple stock has lost $452 billion in value since October 3rd of last year. They're opening their services up out of necessity, not because it's a "good business" move.

Please believe if iPhone sales weren't hurting and Apple TV sales numbers weren't consistently pounded by other set-top boxes like the Fire TV and Roku, Apple wouldn't be opening up their iTunes ecosystem to Samsung, LG, Sony, etc.

And no, Samsung isn't paying for iTunes. Why would they? They're the number TV manufacturer already. They don't need iTunes on their TVs. It's Apple that needs help getting on people's televisions.
We're you on the board meetings when this decision was made?
+1   

7 days ago '05        #20
blackninja 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,876 | Props total: 9148 9148
Apple now has their products and services on Samsung TV's which increases their reach. This is going to be great for their streaming service. They need that to reach as many homes as possible like Netflix and having to buy an Apple TV is a hinderance to that. This is a great thing for Apple.
+1   

7 days ago '05        #21
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 jasperfect said
We're you on the board meetings when this decision was made?
You don't need to be in board meetings to know that the market dictates moves such as theses. Did you really think Apple was going to sit idly by and do nothing while their main source of revenue, iPhones, declines?

Apple is pivoting from a hardware company to a services company. Can't be a services company if said services aren't inclusive.

7 days ago '04        #22
RatedQue 51 heat pts51
space
space
$3,984 | Props total: 1840 1840
 Daddy Black said
Yup. I know what my next tv’s are gonna be. Samsung never failed me.
Coming from someone that has nothing but love for samsung tvs and phones, their app support is a.ss. I have a firestick running on each tv not for kodi or anything, just because sh*t like plex always messes up, certain apps will get forcefully removed. I m good on smart tv apps. Firestick/ Chromecast ftw
+1   

7 days ago '05        #23
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,694 | Props total: 4617 4617
 RatedQue said
Coming from someone that has nothing but love for samsung tvs and phones, their app support is a.ss. I have a firestick running on each tv not for kodi or anything, just because sh*t like plex always messes up, certain apps will get forcefully removed. I m good on smart tv apps. Firestick/ Chromecast ftw
Eh I never cared for that sh*t I know Samsung software is trash. I got firestick and my Mac. The quality of the tv’s are some of the best. I have plasma and the picture is still soo good. Hardware yes, software fu*k no.
+1   

6 days ago '04        #24
Kush Charasi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,305 | Props total: 310 310
LG, Sony, and Vizio are getting it too. TCL missed out. They have quality 4K TV's at a budget buy.

6 days ago '12        #25
iBoxden 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,990 | Props total: 348 348
Wouldn’t this be the other way around though? Sammy folded and wants apple to on their product.

Home      

most viewed right now
+68online now  11
Image(s) inside Singer/Dancer Qui Qui Tzu 😍🍑
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+163online now  11
NBA Biggest Misconception about Michael Jordan
140 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+16online now  10
Video inside Heather Rose says she likes skinny, ugly and unattractive guys
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  9
Article inside Galaxy S10'X' could cost between $1,425 to $1,600
73 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  5
Coldest line you've heard in a film
160 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Jan 15 - Meanwhile in Florida..Police bust a woman w/ 4 ROLEX WATCHES ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  4
Orange Shrit Kid sues Fornite over Orange Justice dance
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  2
Jan 15 - Netflix raises prices for U.S. subscribers