Apple stock has dropped 38 percent in 90 days

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 months ago '16        #1
1492 page views
33 comments

00010111 114 heat pts114
space
space
$4,369 | Props total: 16243 16243
Apple stock has dropped 38 percent in 90 days

Apple stock was down more than 9 percent overnight and continued the downward trend in trading this morning. In fact, the company’s stock price is down a total of 38 percent since October. This, after the company halted trading yesterday afternoon to provide lower guidance for upcoming earnings. As the iPhone upgrade market softened, it was having a big impact on revenue, at least in the short term, and Apple stock took a big hit as a result.

On October 3, the stock was selling at 232.07 per share, and while the price has fluctuated and the market in general has plunged in that time period, the stock has been on a downward trend for the past couple of months and has lost approximately $87 a share since that October high point.

Last night, before the company briefly stopped trading to make its announcement, the stock stood at $157.92 a share. This morning as we went to publication, it was recovering a bit, but was still down 8.19 percent to $144.981.

D.A. Davidson senior analyst Tom Forte says yesterday’s announcement, while not completely unexpected, was surprising, given Apple’s traditionally strong position. “We knew that iPhone unit sales were weak, but just not how weak,” he said.

The biggest factor in yesterday’s announcement, in Forte’s view, was China, where he says the company generates 20 percent of its sales. As the U.S.-China trade war drags on, it’s having an impact on these sales. This could be because of a combination of factors, including a weakening Chinese economy as a result of the trade war, or patriotism on the part of Chinese consumers, who are choosing to buy Chinese brands over of the iPhone.

This also comes at a time when Apple had already indicated that iPhone sales were weak in other worldwide markets, including India, Russia, Brazil and Turkey. This already helped weaken the iPhone sales worldwide, although Forte still sees the Chinese market as the biggest factor in play here.

Forte says that in spite of the soft iPhone performance, the good news is the rest of the product portfolio is up 19 percent, and that could bode well for the future. What’s more, the company has set aside $100 billion for stock buy-back purposes. “They have the balance sheet. They have the stock buy-back program. They still generate very significant free cash flow, and if the individual investor won’t buy the stock, then the company will buy the stock,” he explained.

In a report released this morning, financial analysts Canaccord Genuity believe that in spite of yesterday’s report, the company is still fundamentally sound and they continue to recommend a BUY for Apple stock. “We maintain our belief Apple can expand its leading market share of the premium-tier smartphone market and the iPhone installed base (excluding refurbished iPhones) will exceed 700M in 2018. This impressive installed base should drive iPhone replacement sales and earnings, as well as cash flow generation to fund strong long-term capital returns. We reiterate our BUY rating but decrease our price target to $190 based on our lowered estimates,” the company wrote in a report released this morning.

Forte says the unknown-unknown here is how the U.S.-China trade war plays out, and as long as that situation remains fluid, the company might not recover that income in the near term in spite of stronger sales across the catalog.

visit this link https://techcrunch.com/20 .. nt-in-90-days/
+3   

33 comments for "Apple stock has dropped 38 percent in 90 days"

4 months ago '09        #2
Tiko377 1991 heat pts1991
space
space
$17,481 | Props total: 12805 12805
I feel like Tim Cook going to get bounced out soon & rightfully so.
+14   

4 months ago '12        #3
Di Warlord 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,848 | Props total: 17010 17010
so you're saying now is a good time to buy Apple stock?
+18   

4 months ago '04        #4
Duntaz 70 heat pts70
space
space
$17,288 | Props total: 13945 13945
+3   

4 months ago '05        #5
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 13635 13635
 Tiko377 said
yeah i can see it too, i mean apple dropping so much someone will be held accountable
+3   

4 months ago '05        #6
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,204 | Props total: 4418 4418
 Tiko377 said
Good luck firing an openly gay man that's the CEO of one of the biggest companies in the world

4 months ago '15        #7
micropave 2125 heat pts2125
space
space
$8,541 | Props total: 67684 67684
People got tired of being scammed
+11   

4 months ago '11        #8
DJ EM Double 34 heat pts34
space
space
$7,305 | Props total: 4713 4713
They have finally run out of Steve Jobs backup backup ideas and now have no fu*king clue what to do at the company. sh*t was bound to happen
+13   

4 months ago '05        #9
Flatbush85 64 heat pts64
space
space
$15,374 | Props total: 4617 4617

[pic - click to view]

4 months ago '15        #10
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$21,539 | Props total: 30601 30601
 Tiko377 said
Been saying this for years. The guy is trash, I don't know how you could fu*k this up. You got a company where if you sold flip phones people would still buy it and he still came with bad innovations (some of which went against jobs ideas). Just hire a bx member

Last edited by Hellmatic; 01-05-2019 at 05:46 AM..
+5   

4 months ago '18        #11
johnjohn718 
space
space
$191 | Props total: 231 231
 BurninLz said
Good luck firing an openly gay man that's the CEO of one of the biggest companies in the world
i hear u but they be wanting equality so take equality and get fired like anyone else. they pick and choose what's best for them.
+3   

4 months ago '04        #12
mr_underground|m 2162 heat pts2162
space
space
$24,618 | Props total: 37732 37732
people have to take profit at some point. its buyers of early apple stock that make the market go down as they cash in.
+2   

4 months ago '05        #13
ceo-of-hucworld 67 heat pts67
space
space
$9,286 | Props total: 16313 16313
Said it before and I’ll say it again...Apple needs to be more innovative than they claim. Every year at their keynote they need to stop running out their geniuses to slow tech music and floating devices telling us how shiny and enhanced the housing is. I know a lot of folks who are still rocking X’s and 8 Pluses. I fcuked around and bought an XS Max and after the honeymoon phase I felt like I didn’t need to turn loose my 8 Plus. Cook may buy himself some time going into the later part of the year but come this time next year and these numbers look like they are now or worse he is gone.
+6   

3 months ago '07        #14
Bullseye 60 heat pts60
space
space
$9,645 | Props total: 2943 2943
Easy solution to bring their stock back up:

1. Put the f*ckin aux cord input back on the iPhone
2. Put the f*ckin home button back on the iPhone

It's really that simple.

3 months ago '17        #15
justin747 44 heat pts44
space
space
$12,086 | Props total: 57720 57720
Whats crazy is everybody is focusing on the poor iPhone sales but ignoring how AWFUL the new Macbook is. It's hard to believe they could make a laptop so bad after the 2013 Macbooks were pretty much perfect

And the new iPad...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

+7   

3 months ago '17        #16
Harasnart 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,697 | Props total: 9504 9504
 justin747 said
Whats crazy is everybody is focusing on the poor iPhone sales but ignoring how AWFUL the new Macbook is. It's hard to believe they could make a laptop so bad after the 2013 Macbooks were pretty much perfect

And the new iPad...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

I have the 2017 Touch Bar 15 inch. It’s the best laptop I own. And I owned the 2015 retina as well. Other than the keyboard, it’s better in every single way. I have no idea what you’re talking about. Just hating for no reason. It’s the best laptop on the market and it’s not close.

Why Apple focusing on iPhones? You know Apple is based on the iPhone now right? The stock price is tied to it. Without the iPhone Apple would be 1/100 of what it is now. iMessage is the reason why people still Apple products. The phone is the central piece of every Apple ecosystem. You can’t even use the Apple Watch without owning an iphone

3 months ago '17        #17
justin747 44 heat pts44
space
space
 Harasnart said
I have the 2017 Touch Bar 15 inch. It’s the best laptop I own. And I owned the 2015 retina as well. Other than the keyboard, it’s better in every single way. I have no idea what you’re talking about. Just hating for no reason. It’s the best laptop on the market and it’s not close.

Why Apple focusing on iPhones? You know Apple is based on the iPhone now right? The stock price is tied to it. Without the iPhone Apple would be 1/100 of what it is now. iMessage is the reason why people still Apple products. The phone is the central piece of every Apple ecosystem. You can’t even use the Apple Watch without owning an iphone
1. Why is the THREAD focusing on iPhones

2. This is just off the top of my head from a convo I had at work today.

* overpriced

* keyboard is trash and breaks way too easily

* chargers are overpriced (not worth anywhere near $100)

* battery life sucks (compared to every other computer out including the older MacBook Pro)

* touch bar is 1000% pointless

* no Touchscreen (nobody wants the touch bar)

* palm retention doesn't always work on giant track pad

* missing ports

* dongles

* USB C ports are inconsistent (displays and data)

* fans are always on because of processor throttling

* terrible configs (You can't get a 16 GB config on a 13 without a touch bar, and you can't get a 15 without a touch bar at all)

There are more problems.

We have to order these sh*ts for testing at my job and they break CONSTANTLY. You have to send it of for repair if a fu*kin crumb gets into one of these keys on the "new" keyboard.
+10   

3 months ago '06        #18
Big Money Boy 
space
space
space
$279 | Props total: 160 160
I bought my shares at the very time it seems. Hope things bounce a little make a few bucks and sell. Seems like Apple is losing it's creativity and innovation. Hopefully that new iMac helps, but idk.
+1   

3 months ago '04        #19
Kliq 337 heat pts337
space
space
$11,445 | Props total: 43368 43368
 Harasnart said

WTF are you talking about !

the 2017 TouchBar 15 Inch (which I am typing from right now - its a work laptop) IS STRAIGHT a*s CHEEKS

how the fu*k do you charge north of $2000 for a laptop with no USB ports on top of that, Apple's own fu*king headphones that come with their new iPhones doesnt even fit in the fu*king laptop

fu*k this
+3   

3 months ago '07        #20
DIPSET101 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,527 | Props total: 16396 16396
 justin747 said
1. Why is the THREAD focusing on iPhones

2. This is just off the top of my head from a convo I had at work today.

* overpriced

* keyboard is trash and breaks way too easily

* chargers are overpriced (not worth anywhere near $100)

* battery life sucks (compared to every other computer out including the older MacBook Pro)

* touch bar is 1000% pointless

* no Touchscreen (nobody wants the touch bar)

* palm retention doesn't always work on giant track pad

* missing ports

* dongles

* USB C ports are inconsistent (displays and data)

* fans are always on because of processor throttling

* terrible configs (You can't get a 16 GB config on a 13 without a touch bar, and you can't get a 15 without a touch bar at all)

There are more problems.

We have to order these sh*ts for testing at my job and they break CONSTANTLY. You have to send it of for repair if a fu*kin crumb gets into one of these keys on the "new" keyboard.
Apple hater

3 months ago '17        #21
justin747 44 heat pts44
space
space
 DIPSET101 said
Apple hater
Exactly the type of sh*t I expect from a Apple d*ck rider. Can't be critical and honest, if I say anything bad it has to be hating

All these companies suck and if you cheerlead for any of then you're a bi*ch a*s n*gga
+2   

3 months ago '07        #22
DIPSET101 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,527 | Props total: 16396 16396
 justin747 said
Exactly the type of sh*t I expect from a Apple d*ck rider. Can't be critical and honest, if I say anything bad it has to be hating

All these companies suck and if you cheerlead for any of then you're a bi*ch a*s n*gga
I know your stance on this. I was just fu*king with you

3 months ago '17        #23
justin747 44 heat pts44
space
space
 DIPSET101 said
I know your stance on this. I was just fu*king with you
All good. It really is a bad laptop tho.

I actually really liked the 2013 version. I think it's one of the best laptops ever.

2017 tho....

It's a few reasons those stock prices are dropping
+2   

3 months ago '04        #24
orv 
space
space
$5,183 | Props total: 3696 3696
Product prices ain’t dropping with the stock price though.

3 months ago '11        #25
CALViiiN 750 heat pts750
space
space
$20,414 | Props total: 44513 44513
Prices dropping, yes?

Almost time to upgrade the parents phones then

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  49
Image(s) inside Russian cream
14 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  27
Reviews Are In, And Days Gone Is As Trash As I'd Thought It'd Be.
63 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  24
My Biggest questions from Endgame's ending (Big spoilers) and MCU's future
140 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-17online now  9
Wack100 Disses E40 "fu-k YOU"