How long do you spend on your phone?

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '18        #1
1128 page views
26 comments

dinono10 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$191 | Props total: 480 480
How long do you spend on your phone?

As the new year is approaching, I really want to withdraw my usage of my mobile phone. Obviously I use it for messaging, phone calls, and the internet. Browsing the internet and looking at YouTube takes up most of my mobile phone time. I think I'm addicted as I cannot even watch TV without going on my phone all the time. I've now installed an app which blocks some of my most used apps at times so I can reduce my usage.

All of my music and my fitness / eating data is tracked on my phone so that also encourages the use. But I do want to reduce the time spent.

How long do you go on your phone for and do you have any tips to reduce time spent on it ?
+8   

26 comments for "How long do you spend on your phone?"

3 weeks ago '05        #2
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$39,164 | Props total: 15757 15757
Turn down/off notifications for social and chat apps that aren't important. I use my phone a lot less (especially in public places) as a result.
+5   

3 weeks ago '18        #3
dinono10 1 heat pts OP
space
space
space
Going to start turning off wifi/data from 10PM to 11Am.

I'm not a big user of Facebook or Instagram. Infact I haven't installed them on my new phone.

One of my new years resolutions for the Year ahead
+1   

3 weeks ago '14        #4
Ignatious715 
space
space
$519 | Props total: 415 415
 dinono10 said
Going to start turning off wifi/data from 10PM to 11Am.

I'm not a big user of Facebook or Instagram. Infact I haven't installed them on my new phone.

One of my new years resolutions for the Year ahead
Same here. Just got a new phone and can't remember my FB password to my account so I just started giving out my regular phone number. Also deleted FB and messenger from the new phone as well.
+1   

3 weeks ago '06        #5
RAZAH CUTS 6428 heat pts6428
space
space
$58,202 | Props total: 32224 32224
7 hours a day usually...

gotta be on it for work and side hustles....

3 weeks ago '05        #6
Flatbush85 63 heat pts63
space
space
$15,293 | Props total: 4239 4239
What I did while in University:

-Block ALL! Notifications (Lock screen ones, blinking LED's, vibrating, Even the Emergency alert!)

-Keep It On Do Not Disturb all day ( If someone dies, their still gonna be dead whenever you get back to them)

-Delete all social apps (Instagram, Facebook etc)

-Delete Mail App

-Delete all games (Real men don't play mobile games)

-Delete all widgets and apps on your home screen (throw them on a 2nd page if you have iOS)

-Put a non enticing black wallpaper for your lock screen and home screen

No need for those phone blocking apps just use your phone how you normally use it. Your just gonna get frustrated and delete the app anyways(). If you need to absolutely get mail and social media on your phone use the web versions. The limited and janky usability of the web based versions of those apps will keep you from using them trust me. After a week of this you will get something similar to post nut clarity. Because now you will be picking up your phone because you want to, and not because of Pavlovian conditioning.

Last edited by Flatbush85; 12-30-2018 at 06:39 PM..
+5   

3 weeks ago '17        #7
WizardsFan85 
space
space
space
$232 | Props total: 334 334
Props to everyone in here for taking the necessary steps to rid technology from ruining your lives any further
+4   

3 weeks ago '05        #8
ceo-of-hucworld 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,048 | Props total: 15268 15268
Facebook and Messenger have been long gone. I had Fortnite on my phone but deleted it. I mainly use it for watching downloaded movies, news apps, Twitter, internet and texting.
+1   

3 weeks ago '09        #9
blackdel93 1 heat pts
space
space
$549 | Props total: 410 410
Apple updated with that Screentime feature to show you exact numbers recently.

I was averaging like 7 hours and 50 minutes daily a while back. I recently started deleting social apps (IG, Twitter, Snap) during the week (I don't have FB) and now I'm down to about a 4 hour 33 minutes average per day. I still download the social apps on the weekends and I'm usually just chilling so I think that 4:33 is so high due to my Friday/Saturday/Sunday outliers.

Either way, I've been trying to cut back. Sometimes I feel so mindless switching from app to app. I ask myself "wtf are you doing" but for some reason I can't stop smh.
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #10
UF4Soldier 136 heat pts136
space
space
$20,859 | Props total: 12250 12250
Needed this
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #11
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,840 | Props total: 4956 4956
Yea this is is kinda a problem for me too but fu*k that I pay good money for this sh*t every month so I’m gonna use it for 6-8 hrs a day fu*k it
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #12
BrooklynDamien 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,984 | Props total: 8182 8182
On it all day... I'm actually on it right now bruh...
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #13
P Glizzy 
space
space
$1,607 | Props total: 7406 7406
You want a tip on how to be on it less? PUT IT DOWN. It doesn't get more simpler than that.

It sounds like your problem is that you don't like HOW you're spending your time on your phone. I bet if you was trading stock making crucial plays on it catching emails and texts. GPS mappin' yo way to the bread you wouldn't even be in here posting this.

My 2 cents... it's just an extension of you. It's a tool you wouldn't let a Philips screwdriver fu*k you over right? I don't ever turn my sh*t all the way off but put that bi*ch on silent and don't touch it if you feel some type of way about it either way you'll be aight you tough right?
+5   

3 weeks ago '04        #14
synopsis03|m 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,922 | Props total: 508 508
averaging about a hour a day for the last 2 weeks

3 weeks ago '14        #15
DavidAames 17 heat pts17
space
space
$10,215 | Props total: 10375 10375
"Do Not Disturb" best thing ever b...

Turn off notifications.

And delete or log the fu*k off your social media. Never save login info so when u want to sign back in u are forced to input your credentials again. I be lazy to do so most of the time so I say fu*k it...
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #16
bonez79 128 heat pts128
space
space
$13,831 | Props total: 17345 17345
I'm always on my phone, the more advanced technology get with these phones there's no need for a laptop/computer or television. I only use my laptop to transfer files from my phone for stuff I want to keep, other than that I'm on my celly.
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #17
dinono10 1 heat pts OP
space
space
space
The problem is I also use my phone for training and tracking my exercise, food data. And of course, stream and tidal when working out and podcasts and audiobooks so the phone gets a lot of used even if it's not just mine the stuff.

3 weeks ago '05        #18
rippac4 
space
space
$14,581 | Props total: 2017 2017
This is something I started practicing a long time ago and that’s quit using my phone so much. On it just for emails, music and fitness stuff, don’t care for social media or texting. I’ll even take my kids sh*t when we have family over especially grandparents.
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #19
Exs 307 heat pts307
space
space
$10,242 | Props total: 20268 20268
I've littered my couch with books. I'm reading 4-6 book simultaneously and I pick one up every time I catch myself on my phone.
+3   

3 weeks ago '18        #20
dinono10 1 heat pts OP
space
space
space
Yeah trying to get back on my reading as I've been fairly slack this year. I highligh information etc which could useful but I forget it and never put it into action lol

3 weeks ago '11        #21
Illdoctor 6 heat pts
space
space
$610 | Props total: 601 601
 Flatbush85 said
What I did while in University:

-Block ALL! Notifications (Lock screen ones, blinking LED's, vibrating, Even the Emergency alert!)

-Keep It On Do Not Disturb all day ( If someone dies, their still gonna be dead whenever you get back to them)

-Delete all social apps (Instagram, Facebook etc)

-Delete Mail App

-Delete all games (Real men don't play mobile games)

-Delete all widgets and apps on your home screen (throw them on a 2nd page if you have iOS)

-Put a non enticing black wallpaper for your lock screen and home screen

No need for those phone blocking apps just use your phone how you normally use it. Your just gonna get frustrated and delete the app anyways(). If you need to absolutely get mail and social media on your phone use the web versions. The limited and janky usability of the web based versions of those apps will keep you from using them trust me. After a week of this you will get something similar to post nut clarity. Because now you will be picking up your phone because you want to, and not because of Pavlovian conditioning.
I agree with everything except "delete mail app".

You should just turn off notifications for mail.

No need to go that far, mail is necessary... when needed. And don't come with that bullsh*t excuse like u got a laptop for that lmao

3 weeks ago '09        #22
Zaosyn 263 heat pts263
space
space
$14,842 | Props total: 2501 2501
It's not the phone that's the problem. It's the distractions like social media and dumb a*s apps and games that waste your time or worst skew your perception of reality (Instagram).
+2   

3 weeks ago '13        #23
misterethoughts 369 heat pts369
space
space
$1,776 | Props total: 6364 6364
 RAZAH CUTS said
7 hours a day usually...

gotta be on it for work and side hustles....
2-3 hours a day for me. I have a newborn though and can't use it at work and got a wife, haha.

3 weeks ago '18        #24
dinono10 1 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 Zaosyn said
It's not the phone that's the problem. It's the distractions like social media and dumb a*s apps and games that waste your time or worst skew your perception of reality (Instagram).
I hear you on that.. Be compared my bird to thots on here.. Not good haha. Blocked the thot section.. But still curious lol

3 weeks ago '15        #25
Black Larry 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,852 | Props total: 6119 6119
I don't have the social media apps.

I only use my phone when I'm sitting still or on the train.

I work with my hands. I'm not on the phone when I work out.

I spend time with my family and text my friends from time to time.

Not on my phone much. It's really the SM apps that be having peoples attention. I laugh because I literally watch ppl go thru their timeline sees that there's nothing then two minutes later go back on and huf when there's no new post.
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  112
Image(s) inside Killer Mike coming through with the “Blood Pop” & the “Crip-A-Cola”
122 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+21online now  33
NFL Man under fire for using Dr. Martin Luther King video to mock Saints fans
51 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-264online now  31
Video inside 6 Reasons You’ve Been Drinking Water Wrong
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  20
Use entertainment mode on Galaxy phone
40 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+181online now  15
NBA She came to the Lakers game on a mission
146 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+19online now  15
Article inside Dame Dash Uses Money From Lee Daniels Settlement To Pay Off $400K Deb..
85 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-20online now  14
Video inside The matrix on steroids
45 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  12
NFL Tony Romo to call Super Bowl 53