How long do you spend on your phone?

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 months ago '18        #1
1351 page views
26 comments

dinono10 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$308 | Props total: 759 759
How long do you spend on your phone?

As the new year is approaching, I really want to withdraw my usage of my mobile phone. Obviously I use it for messaging, phone calls, and the internet. Browsing the internet and looking at YouTube takes up most of my mobile phone time. I think I'm addicted as I cannot even watch TV without going on my phone all the time. I've now installed an app which blocks some of my most used apps at times so I can reduce my usage.

All of my music and my fitness / eating data is tracked on my phone so that also encourages the use. But I do want to reduce the time spent.

How long do you go on your phone for and do you have any tips to reduce time spent on it ?
+8   

26 comments for "How long do you spend on your phone?"

4 months ago '05        #2
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$39,623 | Props total: 17395 17395
Turn down/off notifications for social and chat apps that aren't important. I use my phone a lot less (especially in public places) as a result.
+5   

4 months ago '18        #3
dinono10 2 heat pts OP
space
space
space
Going to start turning off wifi/data from 10PM to 11Am.

I'm not a big user of Facebook or Instagram. Infact I haven't installed them on my new phone.

One of my new years resolutions for the Year ahead
+1   

4 months ago '14        #4
Ignatious715 
space
space
$547 | Props total: 468 468
 dinono10 said
Going to start turning off wifi/data from 10PM to 11Am.

I'm not a big user of Facebook or Instagram. Infact I haven't installed them on my new phone.

One of my new years resolutions for the Year ahead
Same here. Just got a new phone and can't remember my FB password to my account so I just started giving out my regular phone number. Also deleted FB and messenger from the new phone as well.
+1   

4 months ago '06        #5
RAZAH CUTS 6521 heat pts6521
space
space
$58,972 | Props total: 34679 34679
7 hours a day usually...

gotta be on it for work and side hustles....

4 months ago '05        #6
Flatbush85 64 heat pts64
space
space
$15,371 | Props total: 4610 4610
What I did while in University:

-Block ALL! Notifications (Lock screen ones, blinking LED's, vibrating, Even the Emergency alert!)

-Keep It On Do Not Disturb all day ( If someone dies, their still gonna be dead whenever you get back to them)

-Delete all social apps (Instagram, Facebook etc)

-Delete Mail App

-Delete all games (Real men don't play mobile games)

-Delete all widgets and apps on your home screen (throw them on a 2nd page if you have iOS)

-Put a non enticing black wallpaper for your lock screen and home screen

No need for those phone blocking apps just use your phone how you normally use it. Your just gonna get frustrated and delete the app anyways(). If you need to absolutely get mail and social media on your phone use the web versions. The limited and janky usability of the web based versions of those apps will keep you from using them trust me. After a week of this you will get something similar to post nut clarity. Because now you will be picking up your phone because you want to, and not because of Pavlovian conditioning.

Last edited by Flatbush85; 12-30-2018 at 05:39 PM..
+5   

4 months ago '17        #7
WizardsFan85 
space
space
space
$325 | Props total: 462 462
Props to everyone in here for taking the necessary steps to rid technology from ruining your lives any further
+4   

4 months ago '05        #8
ceo-of-hucworld 67 heat pts67
space
space
$9,279 | Props total: 16272 16272
Facebook and Messenger have been long gone. I had Fortnite on my phone but deleted it. I mainly use it for watching downloaded movies, news apps, Twitter, internet and texting.
+1   

4 months ago '09        #9
blackdel93 1 heat pts
space
space
$581 | Props total: 521 521
Apple updated with that Screentime feature to show you exact numbers recently.

I was averaging like 7 hours and 50 minutes daily a while back. I recently started deleting social apps (IG, Twitter, Snap) during the week (I don't have FB) and now I'm down to about a 4 hour 33 minutes average per day. I still download the social apps on the weekends and I'm usually just chilling so I think that 4:33 is so high due to my Friday/Saturday/Sunday outliers.

Either way, I've been trying to cut back. Sometimes I feel so mindless switching from app to app. I ask myself "wtf are you doing" but for some reason I can't stop smh.
+1   

4 months ago '04        #10
UF4Soldier 136 heat pts136
space
space
$21,339 | Props total: 14423 14423
Needed this
+1   

4 months ago '05        #11
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,364 | Props total: 6464 6464
Yea this is is kinda a problem for me too but fu*k that I pay good money for this sh*t every month so I’m gonna use it for 6-8 hrs a day fu*k it
+2   

4 months ago '18        #12
BrooklynDamien 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,027 | Props total: 12925 12925
On it all day... I'm actually on it right now bruh...
+1   

4 months ago '16        #13
P Glizzy 
space
space
$1,677 | Props total: 7763 7763
You want a tip on how to be on it less? PUT IT DOWN. It doesn't get more simpler than that.

It sounds like your problem is that you don't like HOW you're spending your time on your phone. I bet if you was trading stock making crucial plays on it catching emails and texts. GPS mappin' yo way to the bread you wouldn't even be in here posting this.

My 2 cents... it's just an extension of you. It's a tool you wouldn't let a Philips screwdriver fu*k you over right? I don't ever turn my sh*t all the way off but put that bi*ch on silent and don't touch it if you feel some type of way about it either way you'll be aight you tough right?
+5   

4 months ago '04        #14
synopsis03|m 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,974 | Props total: 595 595
averaging about a hour a day for the last 2 weeks

4 months ago '14        #15
DavidAames 17 heat pts17
space
space
$10,555 | Props total: 11245 11245
"Do Not Disturb" best thing ever b...

Turn off notifications.

And delete or log the fu*k off your social media. Never save login info so when u want to sign back in u are forced to input your credentials again. I be lazy to do so most of the time so I say fu*k it...
+1   

4 months ago '11        #16
bonez79 139 heat pts139
space
space
$14,346 | Props total: 18706 18706
I'm always on my phone, the more advanced technology get with these phones there's no need for a laptop/computer or television. I only use my laptop to transfer files from my phone for stuff I want to keep, other than that I'm on my celly.
+2   

4 months ago '18        #17
dinono10 2 heat pts OP
space
space
space
The problem is I also use my phone for training and tracking my exercise, food data. And of course, stream and tidal when working out and podcasts and audiobooks so the phone gets a lot of used even if it's not just mine the stuff.

4 months ago '05        #18
rippac4 
space
space
$14,691 | Props total: 2300 2300
This is something I started practicing a long time ago and that’s quit using my phone so much. On it just for emails, music and fitness stuff, don’t care for social media or texting. I’ll even take my kids sh*t when we have family over especially grandparents.
+2   

4 months ago '04        #19
Exs 399 heat pts399
space
space
$12,463 | Props total: 27792 27792
I've littered my couch with books. I'm reading 4-6 book simultaneously and I pick one up every time I catch myself on my phone.
+3   

4 months ago '18        #20
dinono10 2 heat pts OP
space
space
space
Yeah trying to get back on my reading as I've been fairly slack this year. I highligh information etc which could useful but I forget it and never put it into action lol

4 months ago '11        #21
Illdoctor 6 heat pts
space
space
$646 | Props total: 641 641
 Flatbush85 said
What I did while in University:

-Block ALL! Notifications (Lock screen ones, blinking LED's, vibrating, Even the Emergency alert!)

-Keep It On Do Not Disturb all day ( If someone dies, their still gonna be dead whenever you get back to them)

-Delete all social apps (Instagram, Facebook etc)

-Delete Mail App

-Delete all games (Real men don't play mobile games)

-Delete all widgets and apps on your home screen (throw them on a 2nd page if you have iOS)

-Put a non enticing black wallpaper for your lock screen and home screen

No need for those phone blocking apps just use your phone how you normally use it. Your just gonna get frustrated and delete the app anyways(). If you need to absolutely get mail and social media on your phone use the web versions. The limited and janky usability of the web based versions of those apps will keep you from using them trust me. After a week of this you will get something similar to post nut clarity. Because now you will be picking up your phone because you want to, and not because of Pavlovian conditioning.
I agree with everything except "delete mail app".

You should just turn off notifications for mail.

No need to go that far, mail is necessary... when needed. And don't come with that bullsh*t excuse like u got a laptop for that lmao

4 months ago '09        #22
Zaosyn 264 heat pts264
space
space
$15,153 | Props total: 3353 3353
It's not the phone that's the problem. It's the distractions like social media and dumb a*s apps and games that waste your time or worst skew your perception of reality (Instagram).
+2   

4 months ago '13        #23
misterethoughts 370 heat pts370
space
space
$1,777 | Props total: 6377 6377
 RAZAH CUTS said
7 hours a day usually...

gotta be on it for work and side hustles....
2-3 hours a day for me. I have a newborn though and can't use it at work and got a wife, haha.

4 months ago '18        #24
dinono10 2 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 Zaosyn said
It's not the phone that's the problem. It's the distractions like social media and dumb a*s apps and games that waste your time or worst skew your perception of reality (Instagram).
I hear you on that.. Be compared my bird to thots on here.. Not good haha. Blocked the thot section.. But still curious lol

4 months ago '15        #25
Black Larry 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,029 | Props total: 7277 7277
I don't have the social media apps.

I only use my phone when I'm sitting still or on the train.

I work with my hands. I'm not on the phone when I work out.

I spend time with my family and text my friends from time to time.

Not on my phone much. It's really the SM apps that be having peoples attention. I laugh because I literally watch ppl go thru their timeline sees that there's nothing then two minutes later go back on and huf when there's no new post.
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+67online now  41
Image(s) inside Instant Nut Bust
73 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  33
Image(s) inside TMZ NEW VIDEO: GETAWAY DRIVER in NIPSEY HUSSLE Shooting BEEN EXPOSED A..
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+74online now  32
Her wagon full of passion n I ain't passin
33 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  20
MK 11 Follows Tradition by Scamming More Gamers Out of Content With Microtrans..
49 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy