Google Maps for Android and iPhone gets Lime integration

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '15        #1
748 page views
7 comments

BuyGold 2878 heat pts2878
space
space
$9,268 | Props total: 45171 45171
Google Maps for Android and iPhone gets Lime integration

The days of simply walking, taking the bus, or hailing a taxi to get around a city is quickly becoming unfashionable. Instead, small electric vehicles -- such as scooters and bicycles -- are being used to go from place to place. While some people own their own e-bikes or e-scooters, many just rent them instead.

Yes, rent. If you aren't familiar, there is a huge trend right now where popular cities are littered with e-scooters, pedal bicycles, and e-bikes from companies like Bird, Citi Bike, and Lime. When you tire of walking, you just hop on the vehicle and use it as needed-- for an affordable price.

Google Maps is a great service for getting directions for traditional means of transportation. Not only does it help with navigating by car, walking, or biking, but it can offer mass-transit a*sistance too. Today, however, Google Maps gains yet another new feature that will surely delight millennials -- integration with Lime on both Android and iOS.

"Today, we're teaming up with Lime to help you find a better way to travel these short distances. In 13 cities around the world, you'll now be able to see nearby Lime scooters, pedal bikes and e-bikes as a transportation option right from Google Maps. Simply navigate to your destination and tap on the transit icon to see your nearby options," says Vishal DuttaProduct Manager, Google Maps.

Dutta further says, "If a Lime vehicle is available, you'll see how long it'll take to walk to the vehicle, an estimate of how much your ride could cost, and your total journey time and ETA. Tapping on the Lime card will take you right to the Lime app, where you can see the exact location of the vehicle and easily unlock it. If you don't have the Lime app installed, you'll be taken to the App or Play store."

Google shares the following cities where the feature will be available.

Auckland
Austin
Baltimore
Brisbane (AU)
Dallas
Indianapolis
Los Angeles
San Diego
Oakland
San Antonio
San Jose
Scottsdale
Seattle
visit this link https://betanews.com/2018 .. gle-maps-lime/
+2   

7 comments for "Google Maps for Android and iPhone gets Lime integration"

1 month ago '09        #2
slayer2020 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$293 | Props total: 1089 1089
Seems like a fad, but the integration may prove otherwise.

1 month ago '08        #3
get_ate 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 959 959
Yeah, we're at a point as a species where we should be doing less walking and, thus, expending less energy.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #4
justin747 37 heat pts37
space
space
$8,898 | Props total: 43520 43520
 slayer2020 said
Seems like a fad, but the integration may prove otherwise.
Depends on where you live but definitely not a fad in big cities. I take these sh*ts regularly when I wanna go to the beach or somewhere that's kinda close but doesn't have good parking

This is a big move cause we have a bunch of competing scooter rental companies in LA. If i can just open Google Maps and get a Lime scooter, I'm gonna go with them because Google Maps is more convenient and a better app than Bird and Uber

1 month ago '06        #5
datVAkid 44 heat pts44
space
space
$16,571 | Props total: 9655 9655
just wait until waze links up with one of these companies... it will be game over

1 month ago '04        #6
Fresh Beats 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,897 | Props total: 3782 3782
 datVAkid said
just wait until waze links up with one of these companies... it will be game over
Google bought Waze like half a decade ago.

+1   

1 month ago '06        #7
datVAkid 44 heat pts44
space
space
$16,571 | Props total: 9655 9655
 Fresh Beats said
Google bought Waze like half a decade ago.

Well I be damned
+1   

1 week ago '18        #8
BrooklynDamien 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,965 | Props total: 8125 8125
I'm seeing the black joints out in Brooklyn now. I saw them and the lime ones out in Oakland last year. I fux with it. Naggas zipping and dipping. Lazy mugfuggers...

Home      

most viewed right now
+60online now  44
Image(s) inside Hawaiian, Japanese, Cherokee Indian, Grenadan & Guamanian all mixed in..
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+68online now  17
Video inside Jan 20 - Food Stamps To Be Partially Replaced By 'Harvest Boxes' By 2-19
198 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-34online now  11
Image(s) inside Diddy had a child with a 16 yr. old when he was 24?
196 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside ĎAladdiní Promo Art Reveals First Look At Will Smithís Blue Genie
54 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+56online now  7
Image(s) inside Cardi B Torches Tomi Lahren With Savage Clapback: 'I Will Dog Walk You'
250 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+120online now  4
Image(s) inside Raw or Nah
78 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Games that you bought from the bargain bin that turned out to be good
98 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+131online now  4
Image(s) inside C'est La Vie
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy