Dec 5 - 2 attorneys general to subpoena Trump Organization, Treasury

most viewed right now
32 comments @sports
most viewed right now
+310  67
144 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '05        #1
358 page views
36 comments

phantomnation 2932 heat pts2932
space
space
$10,486 | Props total: 43342 43342
Dec 5 - 2 attorneys general to subpoena Trump Organization, Treasury

[tweet - click to view]

+4   

36 comments for "Dec 5 - 2 attorneys general to subpoena Trump Organization, Treasury"

1 week ago '05        #2
Fauby 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 7106 7106
For those who don't want to click a tweet:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The attorneys general of the District of Columbia and Maryland plan to file subpoenas Tuesday seeking records from the Trump Organization, the Treasury Department and dozens of other entities as part of a lawsuit accusing Donald Trump of profiting off the presidency.
The flurry of subpoenas came a day after U.S. District Court Judge Peter J. Messitte approved a brisk schedule for discovery in the case alleging that foreign and domestic government spending at Trump’s Washington, D.C., hotel amounts to gifts to the president in violation of the Constitution’s emoluments clause.

The subpoenas target 37 entities, including 13 Trump-linked entities and the federal agency that oversees the lease for Trump’s Washington hotel. Subpoenas were also being sent to the Department of Defense, General Services Administration, Department of Commerce and Department of Agriculture, all of which have spent taxpayer dollars at the hotel or have information on Trump’s finances relevant to the case.
Other Trump entities that officials plan to subpoena include those related to his Washington hotel and its management. Eighteen private entities including restaurants, venues and hotels that compete with the Trump hotel are also being subpoenaed to “illuminate the unfair nature of that competition,” said Maryland Attorney General Brian E. Frosh.
“We’re seeking to confirm the information that everybody already knows: Trump’s violation of the emoluments clause of the Constitution,” Frosh said. “He’s received numerous payments from foreign governments and state governments and they’ve been funneled, at least in part, through the Trump (hotel) in D.C.”
While news organizations have reported how groups representing Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and the Philippines have hosted events at Trump’s D.C. hotel since he took office, the subpoenas offer the best chance to get a complete picture of which foreign and domestic governments are spending at the hotel, how much they are spending and where that money is going. They’re also trying to determine how Trump’s hotel is affecting the hospitality industry in D.C. and Maryland.
The subpoenas seek to prove that hotel revenues are going to the president through his affiliated entities, including The Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust. Most of the records are being requested back to Jan. 1, 2015.
The Justice Department declined to comment. Neither Trump’s personal attorney on the case, William S. Consovoy, nor the White House responded to a request for comment Tuesday.

Trump’s Justice Department lawyers filed a notice to the court Friday indicating it plans to challenge the Maryland judge’s decision to allow the case to move forward. Justice lawyers have argued that earnings from business activity such as hotel stays don’t qualify as emoluments and that any discovery would “be a distraction to the President’s performance of his constitutional duties.”
The president’s notice that he may seek a writ of mandamus — to have the appeal heard by a higher court — is considered an “extraordinary remedy” that partly rests on showing Messitte’s decisions to be clearly wrong.
Because the president has not released his tax returns, any responsive records would likely provide the first clear picture of the finances of Trump’s business empire as well as his Washington hotel.
There is no indication yet that Frosh and District of Columbia Attorney General Karl A. Racine, both Democrats, would push for the president’s tax returns, at least in this initial round of legal discovery, given the sensitive nature of such a request and likely additional delays it would cause. But tax returns for some of Trump’s business entities, including the state and federal tax returns for the Trump Organization, are also being requested.
Co-counsel on the case is Washington-based nonprofit Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.
The Treasury Department is being subpoenaed to determine not only whether its officials patronized Trump’s hotel but also to learn more about Trump’s promised donations of profit of foreign government spending at his hotel and similar businesses to the Treasury. In February, The Trump Organization donated $151,470 — what it said was the total amount of spending in Trump’s first year in office. The subpoena requests “all communications” regarding that payment.
State officials earlier told The a.ssociated Press that the IRS would likely be subpoenaed, but it was unclear if that would happen on Tuesday or whether it would happen at all.
“We’re certainly not ruling that out, just like we’re not ruling out seeking the president’s tax returns,” Frosh said.
The Trump Organization said in an emailed statement to the AP that the company had “voluntarily donated” the profits and “intend to make a similar contribution in 2019.” The company did not comment on the case otherwise.
There is a separate federal lawsuit involving the General Services Administration, which oversees the lease for the hotel with the Trump Organization. Democratic lawmakers want to know how Trump was approved by the GSA to maintain the lease of the Trump International Hotel in Washington after he became president.
The hotel is housed in the historic Old Post Office, which is owned by the federal government, and its lease has a clause barring any “elected official of the government of the United States” from deriving “any benefit.”
Maine is also expected to receive a subpoena, likely because its governor, Republican Paul LePage, stayed at Trump’s D.C. hotel when he had official business to conduct, including discussions with the president. LePage’s office did not respond to a request for comment.
On one of those trips last year, Trump and LePage appeared together at a news conference at which Trump signed an executive order to review orders of the prior administration that established national monuments within the National Park Service. President Barack Obama had established a park and national monument in Maine over LePage’s objections in 2016.
If there are no delays, legal discovery would conclude in early August.
___
This story has been updated to reflect that state officials initially said they would subpoena the IRS on Tuesday but later said they could only confirm their plan to subpoena the Treasury Department.
+8   

1 week ago '13        #3
Taree 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,202 | Props total: 18827 18827
@ @ @ @ @ @

1 week ago '18        #4
Binary 70 heat pts70
space
space
$2,189 | Props total: 3590 3590
 Taree said
@ @ @ @ @ @
This isn’t even worth posting in, these lawyers are Michael Aventii tier, literal nothing burger. Now go on and continue to mop up student puke at the cafeteria ya bum

1 week ago '13        #5
Taree 8 heat pts
space
space
 Binary said
This isn’t even worth posting in, these lawyers are Michael Aventii tier, literal nothing burger. Now go on and continue to mop up student puke at the cafeteria ya bum
+1   

1 week ago '17        #6
thegreygoose11 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,109 | Props total: 2005 2005
"this time we'll get him, i swear!!!"

1 week ago '08        #7
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,868 | Props total: 5725 5725
 thegreygoose11 said

j..j.....JUST...W...WATCH!!

he.....he will be im...imp..imPEACHED!

1 week ago '08        #8
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
 Taree said
@ @ @ @ @ @
sup brah

[pic - click to view]

1 week ago '17        #9
Ymmot 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,471 | Props total: 17615 17615
 Binary said
 thegreygoose11 said
 flav said
j..j.....JUST...W...WATCH!!

he.....he will be im...imp..imPEACHED!
Dumb motherfu*kers unite. It's like mentally disabled Voltron in here.
+7   

1 week ago '17        #10
Ymmot 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,471 | Props total: 17615 17615
 flav said
sup brah

[pic - click to view]

Dude finally posted his real pic. At least you're not fake black like @
+5   

1 week ago '04        #11
erickonasis 22 heat pts22
space
space
$30,493 | Props total: 27115 27115

[tweet - click to view]

+3   

1 week ago '13        #12
Taree 8 heat pts
space
space
 flav said
sup brah

[pic - click to view]

Unable to the spin the op. No case, just like i thought.

Checkmate n*gga
+1   

1 week ago '12        #13
OldBusiness 172 heat pts172
space
space
$27,096 | Props total: 41473 41473
 Ymmot said
The hilarious thing is they're to dumb to know state charges are the scariest sh*t for him and his cohorts. Federal sh*t can be pardoned, state sh*t gone sit on his chest
+2   

1 week ago '08        #14
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
 Taree said

Unable to the spin the op. No case, just like i thought.

Checkmate n*gga

lawsuit accusing Trump of profiting off the presidency

Yeah cause an accusation automatically means it’s true right?

Uuuhh come SPIN this uuuuuuuhhhh

Dumbfu*k

1 week ago '08        #15
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
 Ymmot said
You always have to use my own insults as some fake a.ss comeback, you have zero mental resources

Butch n*gga

1 week ago '08        #16
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
 Ymmot said
Dude finally posted his real pic. At least you're not fake black like @
Finally?

That’s ya boy @ right up there i do have my pic posted here (actual face) when some other idiot swore i was white

That shut him down reallll quick

You ran away from our debate,

It has been almost 6 months

bi*ch

1 week ago '08        #17
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
 OldBusiness said
The hilarious thing is they're to dumb to know state charges are the scariest sh*t for him and his cohorts. Federal sh*t can be pardoned, state sh*t gone sit on his chest
Filunny thing is that if this dies down, BX members will be like “we knew it/you’re too invested/the system is so crooked that he had a way out/blah” conveniently forgetting this type of thread and the hundreds for the past two years

1 week ago '13        #18
Taree 8 heat pts
space
space
 flav said
Yeah cause an accusation automatically means it’s true right?

Uuuhh come SPIN this uuuuuuuhhhh

Dumbfu*k
Well well well. Still no spin for the accusation then, i see

I thought you liked to pretend to be much smarter than actual attorneys, could see through mere accusations, and could do your googles to break all of this down step by step for bx before anything is actually over. Thus 'crushing' everybody at socializing, debates, etc....

You're tone has changed after getting exposed. I guess you're too gassed to keep up that act now. Interesting

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Checkmate n*gga

Last edited by Taree; 12-06-2018 at 07:11 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '12        #19
LivinProof 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,266 | Props total: 5089 5089
 Binary said

State attorney generals are a little different than Michael Avenatii tier
+3   

1 week ago '08        #20
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
 Taree said
Well well well. Still no spin for the accusation then, i see

I thought you liked to pretend to be much smarter than actual attorneys, could see through mere accusations, and could do your googles to break all of this down step by step for bx before anything is actually over. Thus 'crushing' everybody at socializing, debates, etc....

You're tone has changed after getting exposed. I guess you're too gassed to keep up that act now. Interesting

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Checkmate n*gga
Still no spin for the accusation

could see through mere accusations, and could do your googles to break all of this down step by step for bx before anything is actually over
WAT?????
do you understand and realize that my callout on your dumbass inaccuracies were based BX member's knowledge on "hacking" and "russua cyber attacks" that i have been debunking since you have no damn clue on how that works, right? These accusations are just that: ACCUSATIONS the same way you have been ACCUSING him of "colluding with russia" despite having no pertinent evidence

where is the evidence here? until then there is no way to make any determination based off of an accusation alone

bruh it's an ACCUSATION

how in the world is someone supposed to "spin" that

well well well...

stil no braincells to process any form of information

[pic - click to view]

yo you're such an IDIOT

Last edited by flav; 12-06-2018 at 08:03 AM..

1 week ago '13        #21
Taree 8 heat pts
space
space
 flav said
bruh

All that projection just to cover up yet another simple answer.
This is all you needed to say.

Gassed out troll confirmed.

And you know what we call that, don't ya?

Of course you do.

Checkmate n*gga

1 week ago '08        #22
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
n*gga takes half a page with ample space to say whole bunch of nothing

you had no rebuttal

and you're rehashing the same old same old "responses"

[pic - click to view]

1 week ago '13        #23
Taree 8 heat pts
space
space
 flav said
n*gga takes half a page with ample space to say whole bunch of nothing

you had no rebuttal

and you're rehashing the same old same old "responses"

[pic - click to view]

Still nothing huh

1 week ago '08        #24
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
 Taree said

Still nothing huh
look at you

still nothing as a viable rebuttal from what i've actually told you right?

skipping bi*ch

address my points or shut the fu*k up

imb4 "unintelligible rambling"

predictable idiot

you switch it up everytime I call you out on it

1 week ago '08        #25
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
 Taree said

Still nothing huh
YOO I just realized!!

My original response yo you was:

do you understand and realize that my callout on your dumbass inaccuracies were based BX member's knowledge on "hacking" and "russia cyber attacks" that i have been debunking since you have no damn clue on how that works, right? These accusations are just that: ACCUSATIONS the same way you have been ACCUSING him of "colluding with russia" despite having no pertinent evidence

where is the evidence here? until then there is no way to make any determination based off of an accusation alone

bruh it's an ACCUSATION

you SKIPPED THE ENTIRE 1st PART TO ONLY QUOTE THE LAST PART

then turn around and ask "still nothing huh"

You're HORRIBLE at trolling you conveniently skip when you can't address huh?

LMAOOOO

Home         

most viewed right now
+29online now  38
Article inside Chiko Juan death: Meek Mill affiliate reportedly dead after Atlanta s..
156 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  38
Video inside Remember when Murder Inc. tried to create there own 50 Cent....
68 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+26online now  29
Video inside If You Decide To Get Married, This Will Be Your Life
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+37online now  12
Lol: Oprah responds to the video of her eating dry unseasoned chicken.
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+18online now  11
Dec 13 - Atlanta goons shoot and kill a Police officer and K-9 off Candler Road
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+21online now  6
Image(s) inside First Poster for Jordan Peele’s upcoming film “US”; trailer drops on C..
42 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-42online now  5
Video inside Is Drake a gangster?
77 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+67online now  4
Image(s) inside May 31, 2019, Legendary Pictures will be DROPPING. BODIES.
49 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy