Microsoft discontinues Edge

most viewed right now
23 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
3 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

7 days ago '17        #1
2141 page views
34 comments

Mr Scaramucci 773 heat pts773
space
space
$2,666 | Props total: 38519 38519
Microsoft discontinues Edge

For better or worse, Microsoft is discontinuing development of Edge, and creating a new browser, codenamed "Anaheim".

Microsoft is building its own Chromium browser to replace the default on Windows 10. The software giant first introduced its Edge browser three years ago, with a redesign to replace Internet Explorer and modernize the default browsing experience to compete with Chrome and others. While the modern look and feel has paid off for Edge, the underlying browser engine (EdgeHTML) has struggled to keep up with Chromium. Microsoft is finally giving up and moving its default Windows 10 browser to Chromium.

The Verge understands Microsoft will announce its plans for a Chromium browser as soon as this week, in an effort to improve web compatibility for Windows. Windows Central first reported on these plans, which are codenamed Anaheim internally. We understand there has been a growing frustration inside Microsoft at Edge’s web compatibility issues, and businesses and consumers have been pushing the company to improve things.

Microsoft has only managed to go so far with EdgeHTML, though. Chrome is now the most popular browser across all devices, thanks to Android’s popularity and the rise of Chrome on PCs and Macs. Chrome has turned into the new IE6, and web developers have been favoring its rendering engine to optimize their sites. Google has also been creating Chrome-only web services, simply because its often the first to adopt emerging web technologies as its engineers contribute to many web standards.

Microsoft’s rendering engine has fallen behind as a result, and the company is finally ready to admit this. There were signs Microsoft was about to adopt Chromium onto Windows, as the company’s engineers have been working with Google to support a version of Chrome on an ARM-powered Windows operating system.

Adopting Chromium as the default rendering engine for Windows 10 will end Microsoft’s hostility towards Chrome. Microsoft has regularly pushed notifications to Windows 10 users to attempt to convince them not to use Chrome, and Microsoft pulled Google’s Chrome installer from the Windows Store, because it violated store policies. Those policies restrict rival store browsers to using Microsoft’s own Edge rendering engine.

visit this link https://www.theverge.com/ .. -edge-chromium
+10   

34 comments for "Microsoft discontinues Edge"

7 days ago '04        #2
mr_underground|m 2108 heat pts2108
space
space
$24,194 | Props total: 34293 34293
Just default to chrome and take the L. People don’t trust Microsoft browsers. Chrome is unmatched because of those password and app saves across devices.
+41   

7 days ago '05        #3
RAWNOPULLOUT 160 heat pts160
space
space
$19,019 | Props total: 14900 14900
got damn microsoft is relentless....just drop the browser game already. everybody only uses chrome safari or firefox

+35   

7 days ago '17        #4
TROY 
space
space
$1,771 | Props total: 4081 4081
Good

Ish was trash
+1   

6 days ago '04        #5
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$14,895 | Props total: 5390 5390
Just straight gave up on it that quick
+9   

6 days ago '05        #6
ghost213 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,866 | Props total: 1483 1483
Microsoft is trash, I don't understand. They can hardly give you decent anything.

Try and use IE/Edge...... they're trash! I HAVE to go download Chrome even if I don't want to.

At work IE is the default browser and it don't work with half the web apps they use....have to copy and paste the link to Chrome lol

I want to play a video file on the Microsoft Film & TV app.... the audio is out of fu*king sync.

Microsoft update is annoying as fu*k at times...

Now they wanna add fu*king ads in the start menu... fu*k off.

Microsoft are clowns, they got the perfect opportunity to have mf use their service and fu*k it all up with subpar bullsh*t.... everybody who uses Chrome had to go through IE/Edge/Bing first lmao.

Last edited by ghost213; 12-04-2018 at 03:32 PM..
+17   

6 days ago '04        #7
x Tha Arkitek x 74 heat pts74
space
space
$19,818 | Props total: 9339 9339
This is just speculation so far FYI. No one really knows the purpose of the this "Anaheim" project.

mr_underground said
Just default to chrome and take the L. People don’t trust Microsoft browsers. Chrome is unmatched because of those password and app saves across devices.
Edge & Firefox does the same thing though. Besides, I'll take LastPass to sync my passwords across devices, browsers and apps before Google.

It blows my mind that people say they have trust issues with any company...but willing use a Google product They may produce some good software, but trust...naaaaaaaaah.

That being said, Firefox Quantum > ____________

Oh and Edge is easily the best is the best for touch.
+13   

6 days ago '18        #8
LongGated12g 
space
space
space
$82 | Props total: 238 238
I miss the Zune mp3 player.
+18   

6 days ago '15        #9
Good Guy Ry 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,889 | Props total: 27888 27888
 LongGated12g said
Best Microsoft product they've ever made, I remember many days in my yute watching seasons of Boondocks and listening to mad albums without needing a single charge. And the sh*t was half the price, or more, of the ipod variants.
+9   

6 days ago '06        #10
xastey 24 heat pts24
space
space
$6,503 | Props total: 2588 2588
 LongGated12g said
 Good Guy Ry said
Best Microsoft product they've ever made, I remember many days in my yute watching seasons of Boondocks and listening to mad albums without needing a single charge. And the sh*t was half the price, or more, of the ipod variants.
I still have the OG thick a.ss one and the smaller version.. They still work and I take them on travel trips.. Just something about being able to listen to a big chunk of my collection that you can't get on streaming.. Think its about 200gb+ of music, most of my sh*t you can't get on streaming platforms.. and when you up in the air with no data its the best thing.
+6   

6 days ago '18        #11
Blaffy 77 heat pts77
space
space
$4,276 | Props total: 15009 15009

[pic - click to view]

To

[pic - click to view]

It will turn into

[pic - click to view]

And it will still suck
+3   

6 days ago '11        #12
DJ EM Double 31 heat pts31
space
space
$7,119 | Props total: 4022 4022
 x Tha Arkitek x said
It blows my mind that people say they have trust issues with any company...but willing use a Google product They may produce some good software, but trust...naaaaaaaaah.

Mutherfu*king THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+7   

6 days ago '15        #13
StephenSays 
space
space
$301 | Props total: 138 138
Chrome book laptops with that pressure.

Edge is just not that good of a browser

Works good on the XB1 Though.

6 days ago '14        #14
killuminati 235 heat pts235
space
space
$4,274 | Props total: 12744 12744
 StephenSays said
Chrome book laptops with that pressure.

Edge is just not that good of a browser

Works good on the XB1 Though.
works good on xb??? Lmao slap
+4   

6 days ago '04        #15
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$14,895 | Props total: 5390 5390
 LongGated12g said
This. I still have my HD one. Bad marketing on their part
+2   

6 days ago '05        #16
PhrozenMenace 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,918 | Props total: 2918 2918
 x Tha Arkitek x said
This is just speculation so far FYI. No one really knows the purpose of the this "Anaheim" project.

Edge & Firefox does the same thing though. Besides, I'll take LastPass to sync my passwords across devices, browsers and apps before Google.

firefox and opera is good enough for me
+1   

6 days ago '04        #17
nwking 53 heat pts53
space
space
$4,020 | Props total: 4924 4924
I still use IE and Bing when looking up specific MS error codes at work. I sware the results are better than Google search side by side more than half the time
+1   

6 days ago '08        #18
stead21 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 4562 4562
Microsoft is super trash at this point, Office used to be there go to product, but now that's trash too, most people just use Office Libre or Google Docs. At this point Office 365 and SharePoint keep them a float. Opensource FTW.

6 days ago '04        #19
LordBlanco|M 53 heat pts53
space
space
$36,659 | Props total: 25769 25769
What a surprise lol nobody uses that sh*t
+2   

6 days ago '13        #20
eazy253 190 heat pts190
space
space
$2,113 | Props total: 3670 3670
I tried to give edge a shot. It didn't support extensions. By the time it did it was to late.

I'll be willing to try what's next if it can be faster and less resource intensive than chrome.
+4   

6 days ago '04        #21
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$26,340 | Props total: 5800 5800
 RAWNOPULLOUT said
got damn microsoft is relentless....just drop the browser game already. everybody only uses chrome safari or firefox

Not true offices still use internet explorer

I know as of a couple of years ago it was still the most used web browser

6 days ago '04        #22
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$26,340 | Props total: 5800 5800
 stead21 said
Microsoft is super trash at this point, Office used to be there go to product, but now that's trash too, most people just use Office Libre or Google Docs. At this point Office 365 and SharePoint keep them a float. Opensource FTW.
For personal use maybe but it dominates the corporate world
+2   

5 days ago '05        #23
P DRILLA 113 heat pts113
space
space
$11,594 | Props total: 11333 11333
 LongGated12g said
man you just took me back. had multiple zunes

5 days ago '06        #24
titanreese 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,084 | Props total: 1716 1716
Good...As an IT guy, the first thing I do on new computers or reformatted computers is remove Edge from the taskbar and make IE or Chrome the default
+3   

5 days ago '09        #25
Jacc Blacc 59 heat pts59
space
space
$26,555 | Props total: 11363 11363
 mr_underground said

facts

just go to chrome, reminds me of when apple tried to take away google maps until their customers bi*ched and complained , now its back

Home      

most viewed right now
+72online now  13
mom comes up with greatest punishment of all time :mjlol:
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  8
Video inside What is "Brain Hacking"? Tech insiders on why you should care
33 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Thick chick lifting weights in the GYM!!!!!
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside Uh Oh: LA Rising Star BLUEFACE Got BOOED OFF STAGE & MIC CUT OFF AT Uz..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+185online now  7
Image(s) inside Woman sh-ts on ALL Men Under 6 feet tall then gets Ethered
180 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  4
Video inside Here's is a review of the console Soulja Boy rebranded.
49 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+61online now  4
Would you let Superhead give you top?
160 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+21online now  2
NBA LaBron reaction to Lance's dunk att thou