End of an Era: Tumblr banning all adult content

most viewed right now
20 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '16        #1
6267 page views
120 comments

96jordan 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$639 | Props total: 1398 1398
End of an Era: Tumblr banning all adult content

visit this link https://apple.news/AK8XWR .. QHC-cNuay7PDzQ

Tumblr will permanently ban adult content from its platform on December 17th in a move that will eradicate pr0n-related communities on the platform and fundamentally alter how the service is used. The ban includes explicit s3xual content and nudity with a few exceptions, the company tells The Verge. The new policy’s announcement comes just days after Tumblr was removed from Apple’s iOS App Store over a child pr0nography incident, but it extends far beyond that matter alone. “Adult content will no longer be allowed here,” the company flatly states in a blog post set to be published on Monday.

Banned content includes photos, videos, and GIFs of human genitalia, female-presenting n*pples, and any media involving s3x acts, including illustrations. The exceptions include nud3 classical statues and political protests that feature nudity. The new guidelines exclude text, so erotica remains permitted. Illustrations and art that feature nudity are still okay — so long as s3x acts aren’t depicted — and so are brea$tfeeding and after-birth photos.

Users have a chance to appeal flagged content

After December 17th, any explicit posts will be flagged and deleted by algorithms. For now, Tumblr is emailing users who have posted adult content flagged by algorithms and notifying them that their content will soon be hidden from view. Posts with pr0n content will be set to private, which will prevent them from being reblogged or shared elsewhere in the Tumblr community.

Users have a chance to appeal Tumblr’s decision in situations where they think there’s been a mistake, and the platform admits there’s a chance that the automated tools it’s using could make errors. It’s a process that could take a while, as a bulk of Tumblr posts feature explicit content. Users who run adult blogs can also export their content before the change takes place in order to save what they have.

Explicit blogs will be allowed to remain on the service, but they’ll be heavily censored for all visitors. Here’s Tumblr’s FAQ:

What if my blog (not to be confused with posts) was marked as “explicit” before December 17, 2018?

Blogs that have been either self-flagged or flagged by us as “explicit” per our old policy and before December 17, 2018 will still be overlaid with a content filter when viewing these blogs directly. While some of the content on these blogs may now be in violation of our policies and will be actioned accordingly, the blog owners may choose to post content that is within our policies in the future, so we’d like to provide that option. Users under 18 will still not be allowed to click through to see the content of these blogs. The avatars and headers for these blogs will also be reverted to the default settings. Additionally, posts from these blogs are kept out of search results.

“We’ve given serious thought to who we want to be to our community.”

Since Tumblr was founded in 2007, it has largely turned a blind eye to adult content. The company has tried to shield it from public view through Safe Mode and more stringent search filters. But in recent months — and under the ownership of Verizon’s Oath unit — it began to consider removing content more aggressively. “We’ve given serious thought to who we want to be to our community moving forward,” CEO Jeff D’Onofrio says in a blog post. “We’ve realized that in order to continue to fulfill our promise and place in culture, especially as it evolves, we must change.” D’Onofrio says Tumblr weighed the pros and cons thoroughly before making its decision. It also decided not to remove explicit accounts because it wanted to give these accounts a chance to post appropriate content instead.

Tumblr has been cleaning up its platform recently

Under Oath, Tumblr has been cleaning up its platform more rapidly than it had done in previous years. In August, Tumblr announced new community guidelines that banned revenge pr0n, hate speech, and posts that glorified school shootings.

If users mourn the loss of adult content on Tumblr, D’Onofrio claims they have many other solutions. “There are no shortage of sites on the internet that feature adult content. We will leave it to them and focus our efforts on creating the most welcoming environment possible for our community,” he said. That argument will do little to curtail anger over this decision from people who have used Tumblr as a safe place to enjoy, share, and discuss their preferred flavor of pr0n and adult content.
+30   

120 comments for "End of an Era: Tumblr banning all adult content"

1 week ago '04        #2
jsmooth-117 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$13,275 | Props total: 12778 12778
Something else will pop up (pun intended)
+23   

1 week ago '07        #3
Cambury 40 heat pts40
space
space
space
$38,829 | Props total: 11749 11749
Tumblr just signed it's own death certificate.

I don't know it for anything else.
+140   

1 week ago '11        #4
tonio25 6 heat pts
space
space
$6,085 | Props total: 8602 8602
Where the hoes gonna go now???
+8   

1 week ago '07        #5
Jayceon 506 heat pts506
space
space
$28,213 | Props total: 1978 1978
Meh.

1 week ago '04        #6
1nonly 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,834 | Props total: 1636 1636
wtf why?
+1   

1 week ago '15        #7
DeeJaay 1 heat pts
space
space
$813 | Props total: 2838 2838
damn, they got some fat freaks i been keepin tabs on
+62   

1 week ago '11        #8
whouthinkitis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,484 | Props total: 2428 2428
It's about to be a wrap for Tumblr. Like SC & FB, Tumblr was only a matter of time. They have no one to blame but themselves b/c they were too lazy to regulate the extreme pr0n & pedo blogs.

Tumblr is it's own worse enemy.
+32   

1 week ago '06        #9
Sewer 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,734 | Props total: 10028 10028
+1   

1 week ago '18        #10
Wiggy wexler 3 heat pts
space
space
$786 | Props total: 1014 1014
fu*k man

I follow some good blogs man
+15   

1 week ago '17        #11
Fortune 156 heat pts156
space
space
$6,248 | Props total: 34608 34608
well that's the end for them. if it wasn't for pr0n is never fw it. aside from the occasional dope image in a Google search.

And now even more whiny a.ss liberals are gonna migrate to Twitter from Tumblr and make Twitter even more trash than they already have

Last edited by Fortune; 12-03-2018 at 01:22 PM..
+6   

1 week ago '06        #12
Michael 1987 745 heat pts745
space
space
$86,238 | Props total: 18976 18976
I guess my account is already banned then

1 week ago '14        #13
Soaring Seagull 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,184 | Props total: 5707 5707
They'll change their minds when the app traffic plummets.
+3   

1 week ago '18        #14
Wiggy wexler 3 heat pts
space
space
$786 | Props total: 1014 1014

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

I follow some gee a.ss amatuer blogs
+56   

1 week ago '16        #15
Freddy 
space
space
$275 | Props total: 1364 1364
They basically shot themselves in the foot
+3   

1 week ago '18        #16
Passport 
space
space
space
$126 | Props total: 236 236
The funniest part about this whole sh*t is that they gave a scheduled date and on the 17th alot of hoes will be caught off guard

Whats going on with the thots this year lol.

Backpage and other sites closed down. Yeah they were able to find others but its not as popular as Backpage cause the traffic dropped so now they get desperate trying to scam

Then the other week we heard about the Thot Audit

IG has been also deleting their accounts if they see suspected fake followers

Damn whats next
+12   

1 week ago '11        #17
space
space
 1nonly said
wtf why?
Well my guess is that since Tumblr's inception that they allowed users to freely post nudity. Since then you've had blogs on Tumblr that has really stretched and went overboard w/the rules. pr0n blogs, racist blogs, & pedo blog.

I didn't even know Tumblr were even allowing sick bastards to post pedophilia sh*t on there. Until, I seen a list of blogs on one of the pages I follow on there exposing the pedo sh*t.

The pedo sh*t had to be the last straw along w/Apple removing Tumblr from its app store.
+12   

1 week ago '04        #18
Youngporter 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,013 | Props total: 630 630
 Wiggy wexler said

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

I follow some gee a.ss amatuer blogs
Links for research
+14   

1 week ago '13        #19
jae dub 336 3 heat pts
space
space
$913 | Props total: 1761 1761
checked my sh*t this morning all the blogs got backup blogs now...i ain't tripping though it is what it is...they ain't got enough rachets on there anyway...

you say no to rachet pus*y juicy j can't

+10   

1 week ago '11        #20
space
space
 Passport said
The funniest part about this whole sh*t is that they gave a scheduled date and on the 17th alot of hoes will be caught off guard

Backpage and other sites closed down. Yeah they were able to find others but its not as popular as Backpage cause the traffic dropped so now they get desperate trying to scam

Damn whats next
A lot of these chicks revenue streams are getting shut down and they have to find other avenues to get paid. I'm glad IG is cracking down b/c I done had 2 chicks (or scammers) try to push me into paying for they web cam "service". I ain't got a problem w/how hoes get they $$$ but these broads are get ridiculous with it b/c simps are encouraging it.

I'm sick of that sh*t.

Or I get friend requests from bot accounts in my DMs that I report damn near everyday.

Last edited by whouthinkitis; 12-03-2018 at 01:48 PM..
+15   

1 week ago '17        #21
3take 31 heat pts31
space
space
$1,002 | Props total: 6566 6566
Y'all better start saving these pictures
+19   

1 week ago '18        #22
Passport 
space
space
space
$126 | Props total: 236 236
 whouthinkitis said
A lot of these chicks revenue streams are getting shut down and they have to find other avenues to get paid. I'm glad IG is cracking down b/c I done had 2 chicks (or scammers) try to push me into paying for they web cam "service".

I'm sick of that sh*t.

Or I get friend requests from bot accounts in my DMs that I report damn near everyday.
Photographers were already eating well but now its gonna be even crazier for them. Also if IG ends up going down at some point the photographers that were smart to use other advertising outside of IG will be making alot.

Oh and ironically some of the biggest platforms now are all Canadian companies

OnlyFans
pr0nhub
ManyVids

I can see more girls ending up on those, yes including pr0nhub
+4   

1 week ago '04        #23
DJ Maximum|M 54 heat pts54
space
space
$45,259 | Props total: 18575 18575
 Passport said

Damn whats next
snapchat

and hoes with premium snapchat

1 week ago '05        #24
Schavez98 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,079 | Props total: 2304 2304
 Cambury said
Tumblr just signed it's own death certificate.

I don't know it for anything else.
Lol. All I came in here to say. That’s all I used Tumblr for.
+5   

1 week ago '18        #25
NBA 35 heat pts35
space
space
$3,388 | Props total: 9201 9201
fu*k that

Let the feds do their job & track down those posting & reposting child pr0nography

+10   

Home      

most viewed right now
+71online now  13
mom comes up with greatest punishment of all time :mjlol:
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+185online now  13
Image(s) inside Woman sh-ts on ALL Men Under 6 feet tall then gets Ethered
179 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside Here's is a review of the console Soulja Boy rebranded.
48 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+61online now  5
Would you let Superhead give you top?
160 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+22online now  5
Video inside What is "Brain Hacking"? Tech insiders on why you should care
33 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Uh Oh: LA Rising Star BLUEFACE Got BOOED OFF STAGE & MIC CUT OFF AT Uz..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  3
Video inside Thick chick lifting weights in the GYM!!!!!
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  3
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Annoyed Baltimore Drivers Want City To Crack Down On 'Squeegee..
93 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy