The Sad Truth About Being A Social Media Influencer

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '04        #1
6952 page views
121 comments

mr_underground|m 2108 heat pts2108
space
space
$24,193 | Props total: 34288 34288
The Sad Truth About Being A Social Media Influencer

as some of you know im in the social media biz and evelina's vid is the best explaination of what going on in the scene right now. influencers are dropping off like flies because of the toxic environment and toxic machine.

its getting really bad. not just influencers but also businesses using the influencer model. instagram is a little bit easier (still toxic) but youtube is just nasty right now. the algorithms create a toxic 'twerk harder, now harder' environment and comments add to the depressing environment. it promotes whoring yourself out and does massive psychological damage because the production value needed to go viral. as i said with instagram its easier to post as its just your phone or a pic, even though people are trying to up the production level of that as well with 60 sec movies.

even for us behind the scenes, a lot of people don't want to produce for youtube anymore because only the dumbest stuff will work and it becomes as soul crushing as a corporate job and that 10x for the actual influencer and the platforms promote the mental illness of narcissism. all around the world.

the same thing has been happening in hollywood and in kpop and jpop for a long time but now that that destruction is available to the masses via influencer industry.

i think the influence industry is worst because of the type of content. anything real or of value gets buried quick or reactionary stuff gets promoted.

if you don't know the industry its 2 ways to get social media famous

#1: buy in ( my preferred method) but you need money already to buy into magazines and other media to do the collabs to get buzz. the down side is eventually you will have to maintain this or burn out.

# 2: post everyday. this is very hard because nobody has enough geniune content to post value every day. yu're going have to come up with some bullsh*t. and th clear downside is burn out.

method 2 is far more dangerous because you're a slave to the algorithm and trends which require you being fake while method one though fake can slow that process down.

also the pay structure is high but will destroy your soul:

-$25K - product mention in a multi-branded product review.
-$50K-$60K - dedicated product review (price determined by length of video).
-$75K-$85K - dedicated negative review of a competitor's product (price determined by length of video).
- A minimum 10% affiliate link or code to use on IG and YT.

this industry is crazy competitive and ut through, with many platforms such as: FameBit, Tribe Influencers, CrowdTap, NIch, Adly, Amplify, and Markerly

but i feel things are hitting a critical mass as some of the drama is getting hard to mask and spill into the public. im curious if yall outside the industry notice the sh*tshow. the shocker is seeing all these 34-45 year old women acting like school girls over this. youtube is a full blown sh*tshow but instagram is on its way to complete sh*tshow.

a lot of you already know this but...

- nobody is living like they show on social media
- most are struggling to pay bills
- most have severe psychological issues
- most have personal problems to the point you would want to around them
- especially your favorite 'gurus'
- 99% of instathots are innner-species predators and will poison you

----

insider tip: real pro's, experts, masters are on that level because they can can make whats complex simple. the real ones who try to do youtube burn out in a week because they delivered all their best stuff because they've come up with a working method. the platform is unsustainable for those types, so they choose the book route. leaving only bullsh*tters left. ironically having a book is a big shortcut to becoming an influencer as their is a justification for the followers, so its easier to buy 40k followers because its a.ssumed they're all fans of the book. you have to be very careful who you listen to on youtube or instagram.

because another trick thats is very common for instagram scammers is to grow a following in say modeling then switch to being a spirutal teacher. but new people think all of your followers are from you being a great spirutal teacher and they sign up for a bullsh*t program or listen to someone who knows nothing about the topic. thats the power of a public follower count.

Last edited by mr_underground; 11-27-2018 at 02:25 PM..
+64   

121 comments for "The Sad Truth About Being A Social Media Influencer"

2 weeks ago '04        #2
bnw99 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,275 | Props total: 8124 8124
fu*k em all...especially the brand 'ambassadors' on IG lol. Sad a.ss existence.
+58   

2 weeks ago '06        #3
realgunta 833 heat pts833
space
space
$25,909 | Props total: 42948 42948
- most have severe psychological issues
- most have personal problems to the point you would not want to around them

^^no surprise there at all
+48   

2 weeks ago '17        #4
Drewsmit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,652 | Props total: 4473 4473
Nose job still healing she scratching that bi*ch red

Toxic relationship: a guy invest in a girl and dont get sh*t back in return. Guy tells her about herself. Girl wont leave, deems him toxic.

Hence why social media is toxic .its drying up

Last edited by Drewsmit; 11-27-2018 at 01:41 PM..
+15   

2 weeks ago '17        #5
SlumzGod 65 heat pts65
space
space
$1,420 | Props total: 5959 5959

[video - click to view]

2 weeks ago '06        #6
imthatinfamous 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,505 | Props total: 6260 6260
any one with some sense in their head knew even in the beginning that this was just a form of modern day prostitution...same life cycle still applies
+26   

2 weeks ago '14        #7
FukHowYouFeel 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,389 | Props total: 15391 15391
Good, get a real fu*king job or create something real then.

I cringe when somebody calls themself an “influencer”
+61   

2 weeks ago '09        #8
SCNC 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,157 | Props total: 1583 1583
What about a 3rd option that I've seen?

Be an oasis to the cesspool of mediocrity and build a rapport with the core audience that you build by providing quality content, to eventually monetize the support by offering exclusive content on Patreon as well as having merchandise for sale.

Obviously you sacrifice a chance at popularity, but with all of the detrimental effects listed above, is it worth it?
+32   

2 weeks ago '15        #9
Mxllz 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,405 | Props total: 6733 6733
babylon just need to fall already, throw the whole system in the bin
+26   

2 weeks ago '04        #10
Kliq 222 heat pts222
space
space
$8,977 | Props total: 30077 30077
not sure why people automatically jump to prostitution or whoring yourself out

theres tons of ways to make money on IG/YT without whoring yourself out, such as

- food reviews
- tech reviews
- gaming
- music
- music videos

not everyone making $$$$ as an influencer is a young chick with big t*ts
+32   

2 weeks ago '04        #11
mr_underground|m 2108 heat pts2108 OP
space
space
 SCNC said
What about a 3rd option that I've seen?

Be an oasis to the cesspool of mediocrity and build a rapport with the core audience that you build by providing quality content, to eventually monetize the support by offering exclusive content on Patreon as well as having merchandise for sale.

Obviously you sacrifice a chance at popularity, but with all of the detrimental effects listed above, is it worth it?
thats a hard one because creates a lot of desperation and hopelessness. you have to pray every month your audience comes through and you have to low key beg them. it puts the creator in a very weak position. here is a perfect example:

[video - click to view]

he is really feeling the pressure and scrambling to save his channel since it got demonatized.

Kliq said
not sure why people automatically jump to prostitution or whoring yourself out

theres tons of ways to make money on IG/YT without whoring yourself out, such as

- food reviews
- tech reviews
- gaming
- music
- music videos

not everyone making $$$$ as an influencer is a young chick with big t*ts
because people wh0ore themselves out on all of those angles. especially tech. the brand own those influencers and they do all kind of shady stuff behind the scenes to stay relevant, they reach out to brand like a prostitute would on the street. to get views you have to keep upping the antics. food and music reviews are the same. for a food channel, you basically need a 3 camera set up to compete.

tech is ultra competitive because its natural for people to seek out reviews so if you aren't of MKDHD, supersaf, or cnet level. its a horrible group of bottom feeders trying to leech views.

gaming is mostly twitch now and music videos are a different animal.

and yes there are ways to make money off of it buts not very profitable for businesses unless running ads. ads work but organic is a waste

Last edited by mr_underground; 11-27-2018 at 04:45 PM..
+16   

2 weeks ago '05        #12
MATIX 
space
space
$8,273 | Props total: 532 532
Go get a minimum paying job at waffle House and find out how much fun that is
+25   

2 weeks ago '11        #13
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,038 | Props total: 8306 8306
 MATIX said
Go get a minimum paying job at waffle House and find out how much fun that is
THIS ! Only in America do people complain about the dumbest stuff . Make the money and go live your life . Spoiled Brats
+22   

2 weeks ago '17        #14
Pretty Tone 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,570 | Props total: 18286 18286
Word? I know alotta mafu*kas doing way worse for some paper
+13   

2 weeks ago '13        #15
uoeno 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$8,409 | Props total: 22783 22783
i checked the IG page

look like this vampped company is e-pimping these broads out

instagram.com/vampped
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #16
FireBeats 75 heat pts75
space
space
$6,547 | Props total: 22103 22103
I'm confused, and I keep hearing contradictory stuff. One point I hear people are making all this money, then I see a sentence later "Nobody is living like they pretend to be on their channel or youtube?"

So if people are making money, how are people struggling to pay bill if youtube is so lucrative? Somebody explain this to me?
+8   

2 weeks ago '06        #17
imthatinfamous 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,505 | Props total: 6260 6260
 FireBeats said
I'm confused, and I keep hearing contradictory stuff. One point I hear people are making all this money, then I see a sentence later "Nobody is living like they pretend to be on their channel or youtube?"

So if people are making money, how are people struggling to pay bill if youtube is so lucrative? Somebody explain this to me?
probably just a small % truly making it and the rest are pretending hoping to me making one day
+7   

2 weeks ago '16        #18
Normy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,021 | Props total: 7947 7947
Who is you op?

2 weeks ago '12        #19
kiddalex 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,516 | Props total: 10722 10722
It's hard to earn a good living no matter what you doing so miss me with the crybaby sh*t. Oh waaaah your life isn't a utopia

There are benefits and drawbacks to every line of work

being a small buisness owner
Stock trader
dope dealer
s3x worker
social media influencer
food service
9-5 in an office

ain't sh*t easy, each one of these jobs got tons to bi*ch about and complain about if you want to. The people making money ain't got time to complain they grind harder to get through it.

Stack your paper or be a bum , but that ain't without it's drawbacks neither.

Welcome to life kiddo.
+56   

2 weeks ago '18        #20
FireBeats 75 heat pts75
space
space
$6,547 | Props total: 22103 22103
 kiddalex said
It's hard to earn a good living no matter what you doing so miss me with the crybaby sh*t. Oh waaaah your life isn't a utopia

There are benefits and drawbacks to every line of work

being a small buisness owner
Stock trader
dope dealer
s3x worker
social media influencer
food service
9-5 in an office

ain't sh*t easy, each one of these jobs got tons to bi*ch about and complain about if you want to. The people making money ain't got time to complain they grind harder to get through it.

Stack your paper or be a bum , but that ain't without it's drawbacks neither.

Welcome to life kiddo.

That's true man. Ain't sh*t easy. I got my own business and it's up and down, up and down all the time
+20   

2 weeks ago '04        #21
space
space
 FireBeats said

they tell you they're making money to sign you up for their program or affiliate offers etc...they will rent fancy stuff or walk into a fancy place and act like their shopping.

but the more common cycle is, they get a bunch of followers then someone tries to do a shoutout or paid promotion. they get a 1 time check for maybe $5k. flash that. and then have to try and get another deal. very similar to rappers and other celebrities thats the illusion. one influencer may get $25k for a video or ig post. but if the brand didn't get any good results, its a 1 time check that is burnring every month. this happened in crypto as well. everyone thought crypto was a uptopia and all these expert came out of nowhere some with dedicated youtube channels and twitter signals then boom! this is also common in the trading world, where someone will post a screenshow of how much they made in one day trading forex, but next week they lost it all on a market reversal

Last edited by mr_underground; 11-27-2018 at 02:51 PM..
+10   

2 weeks ago '16        #22
Karen 152 heat pts152
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 10127 10127
Right.

2 weeks ago '15        #23
thirssty58 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,868 | Props total: 18215 18215
Hazards of the trade all jobs have em. Surely the money makes it worth it. I'm still trying to figure out who these people influence. Is it tweens?

Last edited by thirssty58; 11-27-2018 at 03:00 PM..
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #24
space
space
 thirssty58 said
Hazards of the trade all jobs have em. Surely the money makes it worth it. I'm still trying to figure out who these people influence. Is it tweens?
in this case, its not...

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

other great explanations of this trend

Last edited by mr_underground; 11-27-2018 at 03:29 PM..
+7   

2 weeks ago '07        #25
21 1580 heat pts1580
space
space
$62,955 | Props total: 68157 68157
These fitness celebs be scamming like a mf with their so called personal and hands on diet and training programs.
+7   

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  42
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Annoyed Baltimore Drivers Want City To Crack Down On 'Squeegee..
71 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+54online now  31
Would you let Superhead give you top?
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  30
Image(s) inside Uh Oh: LA Rising Star BLUEFACE Got BOOED OFF STAGE & MIC CUT OFF AT Uz..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+62online now  23
Image(s) inside My boy got them Concords for the LOW low
67 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+182online now  15
Image(s) inside Woman sh-ts on ALL Men Under 6 feet tall then gets Ethered
176 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside TEKASHI69 6IX9INE has OFFICIALLY TURNED DOWN his life saving PLEA DEAL ..
134 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+21online now  9
Image(s) inside Looks Like Nicki Minaj Found Her Kevin Federline
130 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Here's is a review of the console Soulja Boy rebranded.
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy