Official *Jay-Z is wack* thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Beanie Sigel post a message to MEEKY MOUSE
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Wack 100 vs. Maino (09-30-2016) [ANTICIPATION/DISCUSSION THREAD] Tale Of The T..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just 1 Pic
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado did absolutely nothing with this moment
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-13-2005, 03:33 PM         #121
cdoyle456 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metaphysician said:
Since when is "mastering"(which ends up being more like "slavering") commerical rap something to be applauded?

His influence and importance amounts to being the posterboy for the drug slinger turned pimp on wax. I am tired of kids in NYC wanting to emulate his every move because BET MTV and Hot 97 decide to pump his music 24/7.

Talent has almost nothing to do with whether or not you are chosen for stardom by Corporate America.
BTW radio and TV don't play his music more then any other rapper who has a single out at the time, unless it's KaySlay or Clue or a late night DJ, they play a certain format, they basically take the billboard top whatever and put it on shuffle
 05-13-2005, 04:59 PM         #122
Sheem228 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMFAO@ Ya'll haten on Jay. i haven't seen one person make a valid arguement that Jay sucks. Reason being he DOESN'T. Stop haten, do ya'll get some type of money for promoting other rappers? I hope so cause ya'll go so hard. Stop the hate.

" You don't even know me and your mad how it feel to be a hater?/ now i know exactlly how it feels to be a laker....n*ggas wake up on my d*ck eat some breakfast first"-- Jay-Z

" I'm not a biter I'm a writer for myself and others/ I SAY A B.I.G. VERSE I'M ONLY BIGGIN UP MY BROTHER!!!"--Jay-Z

"If there's nuts on your chin then there's a d*ck in ya mouth" stop hatin
 05-13-2005, 05:22 PM         #123
dumb_ass23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DBlockinemOut said:
i feel ya point and understand your position

but i lower my standards because if i thought like you i wouldn't like anything so i realized i gotta appreciate music for just that music...
You can still find music at a high level of quality if you look hard enough. IMO Jigga's music is at a fairly high level of quality.
Flow, lyricism, storytelling, wit, creativity, punchlines... he has it all. His content on a lot of tracks hurts him for me though.
 05-13-2005, 05:34 PM         #124
rlzrilrap 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*looks at last quote*

yeeeeaaaa mannnn.....some1 needed to post dat asap.....dats da reason he say sum of bigs lines.....but it pointless even looking at jay biting if u understand dat so many rappers do it.....
 05-13-2005, 10:41 PM         #125
Metaphysician 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cdoyle456 said:
BTW radio and TV don't play his music more then any other rapper who has a single out at the time, unless it's KaySlay or Clue or a late night DJ, they play a certain format, they basically take the billboard top whatever and put it on shuffle
Let me put it this way. Lets say 9th wonder or Doom or whoever you favorite producer is had tracks and gave them to Immortal Techinique and Hov. They then both do a song, Hov ryhming about gold and diamonds and Imm Tech talking about the war on drugs as a war on people of color. Now is it time for the 'powers that be' in the industry to decide which talented MC gets to be on their label, distribued worldwide and whoi is left to the underground circuit of low paying gigs and low sales. Guess who they are going to pick? Hov. Because they can sell those very same diamonds and such, as well as a lifestlye of exorbitant spending to all these kids with disposible income.

Long story short. If you are on a major label, you get radio burn. If you get radio burn, you will be felt. If you are felt, they can sell sprite and sneakers off your back to people who should be saving money for when social security is dismantled. Hopefully that clears up my point.

Last edited by Metaphysician; 05-14-2005 at 04:55 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #126
Quddus 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,653 | Props total: 2142 2142
Whoever doesn't fill that Hova is one of the greatest ever is just fu*king stupid. Yes you are entitled to your opinion. But when your opinion is substantiated by foolishness or stupidity it's wrong.

I mean if you don't like him at least give the man his props. I mean I would sure like to see how these idiots live their everyday lives.
 11 years ago '04        #127
jridscutters 
space
space
$283 | Props total: 0 0
 DBlockinemOut said:
ur not old enough to understand nintendo

tupac was soooooooooooooooooooo popular to girls in his prime
like theres no one now that i can compare it to... he was the jordan to rap, at least popularity wise... i remember cause i was just coming into 8th grade when me against the world came out, dude sold 3 million records while in jail...

tupac may be the most popular rapper to girls still

more girls like tupac than jay-z... so your arguement is invalid

and BTW fu*k the haters...

jay-z is NOT a biter you suck internet d!ck if you think so... he hasn't bitten any more rhymes than your fav rapper... so STFU PERIOD

jay-z > your fav rapper because he can rap like your fav rapper, but they can't rap like him

THREAD CLOSED

Yeah Pac must be still popular with the ladies!! Since yall bi*ches are still on his d!ck. But it seems that it was a threesome....While you were on Pacs d!ck, Suge was fu*kin that n*gga in the a**hole. You f*g**ts make me sick...
Jay>>>>>>Pac
Jay hustlin>>>>>>anybody

Did I mention that dude finishes songs in like 20 minutes with no writin.

Oh and I bet if Nas were to say something that 2 Pac said (which he probably has before) then yall bi*ches woulda been hypin that sh*t up.
Truthfully yall some No time having contradictory homo hypocrites!!!!!!
Shut the fu*k up!!
 11 years ago '04        #128
ess ell 
space
space
$406 | Props total: 0 0
talentless, jay-z? yeeeeeea RIGHT. dude is cold with flow, lyrics, everything. I am not the biggest fan but I can't say he is talentless or wack, he got skill.
 05-20-2005, 10:46 AM         #129
cdoyle456 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metaphysician said:
Let me put it this way. Lets say 9th wonder or Doom or whoever you favorite producer is had tracks and gave them to Immortal Techinique and Hov. They then both do a song, Hov ryhming about gold and diamonds and Imm Tech talking about the war on drugs as a war on people of color. Now is it time for the 'powers that be' in the industry to decide which talented MC gets to be on their label, distribued worldwide and whoi is left to the underground circuit of low paying gigs and low sales. Guess who they are going to pick? Hov. Because they can sell those very same diamonds and such, as well as a lifestlye of exorbitant spending to all these kids with disposible income.

Long story short. If you are on a major label, you get radio burn. If you get radio burn, you will be felt. If you are felt, they can sell sprite and sneakers off your back to people who should be saving money for when social security is dismantled. Hopefully that clears up my point.
all jay-z rhymes about is gold and diamonds, man that song meet the parents, all it is gold and diamonds, cars and bi*ches, man i hate that, also of all rappers on major labels during jay-z's time, he was probably most hated by radio/media because of the fact he was on an independent label and him & dame were getting all the money, the big Media companies such as ClearChannel etc. aren't getting anything from them so they don't give anything back, big record companies such as Universal, Interscope pay money to these Media Companies which is why they get so much play
 11 years ago '05        #130
Cory Collins 52 heat pts52
space
space
$1,569 | Props total: 0 0
should be the offical jigga haters are f*gs thread
 05-20-2005, 09:52 PM         #131
YoungPimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i know that somebody will give me hate for this but fu*k it...

cdoyle456 said:
all jay-z rhymes about is gold and diamonds
"You Motherfu*kers -
say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels (bling bling)
Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"

case closed on that argument.
 05-21-2005, 01:52 AM         #132
Metaphysician 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hardly.

Lets put it this way. 10 years from now, when historians are looking at what African American culture was producing, they are going to be greeted with selfishness and greed. "Self Made" millionaires who were little more than puppets being pimped to sell kicks.

I do not deny Hov has skill. But to tell me he is the greatest to ever do it is simply idiotic. And to try to convince he is the best to ever do because he could do "commerical" as well as "underground" is even funnier. The greatest of all time is going to be an MC that actually uses the vessel of Hip Hop to speak about change and revolution to the waning population that needs it. You know, as in a major part of the reason hip hop was created in the first place. Hip hop was not born from the need of impoverished people to branish platinum chains and disrespect women and any MC who has made a living off of selling the culture will never be worthy of the title.
 05-21-2005, 12:44 PM         #133
YoungPimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who's worthy then?
 05-22-2005, 05:35 AM         #134
Metaphysician 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MF Doom.

Ok. I am kidding.

KRS One. Hands down the greatest MC to do the thing. Someone prove me wrong
 11 years ago '05        #135
dasill 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,754 | Props total: 1068 1068
jay-z > your fav rapper because he can rap like your fav rapper, but they can't rap like him
nas>>>jay-z think back to either......lmao and as offensive as u get about dblock why aint u on there balls...
 11 years ago '05        #136
FriscoBoss 
space
space
$2,924 | Props total: 1 1
 Metaphysician said:
MF Doom.

Ok. I am kidding.

KRS One. Hands down the greatest MC to do the thing. Someone prove me wrong
yeah I agree with on this. Jay does freestyle all of his sh*t but talks about nothing of value his gangster sh*t is fake as fu*k and I could care less about how much money someone has got
 05-25-2005, 03:24 PM         #137
cdoyle456 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metaphysician said:
Hardly.

Lets put it this way. 10 years from now, when historians are looking at what African American culture was producing, they are going to be greeted with selfishness and greed. "Self Made" millionaires who were little more than puppets being pimped to sell kicks.

I do not deny Hov has skill. But to tell me he is the greatest to ever do it is simply idiotic. And to try to convince he is the best to ever do because he could do "commerical" as well as "underground" is even funnier. The greatest of all time is going to be an MC that actually uses the vessel of Hip Hop to speak about change and revolution to the waning population that needs it. You know, as in a major part of the reason hip hop was created in the first place. Hip hop was not born from the need of impoverished people to branish platinum chains and disrespect women and any MC who has made a living off of selling the culture will never be worthy of the title.
so meet the parents, where have you been, Still got love for you, this can't be life, soon you'll understand, moment of clarity aren't sort of speaking to people to try and change, first of all, you're an idiot if you think a rapper will change the lifestyle for black america, like Hov himself said "i was dealt a bad hand, fu*k, what else could i do, but keep something up my sleeve that'll help me through"

The only thing that will spark a change is the government, the one and only reason black america has to sell drugs and k!ll is because that's all they can do, that or work 9-9 busting your a.ss for nothing, or be fortunate and go to a good school and get an education, but that's a 1 in 100 chance, probably even lower

if you think that a rapper is going to bring on a movement and stop all the crime you're an idiot, the only thing that will change things is government/politicians, and the reason they don't is they don't care, now maybe if they had to care about black americas interest(they don't need to now because they don't have to worry about them voting against them)something would happen, so unless for whatever odd reason 100% black america decides to vote in the next election, politicians are going to continue to not care, so the only chance of them beginning to care would be for them to hear about the things going on through outlets such as Jay-Z, Nas, Tupac, Biggie etc. etc.
 11 years ago '05        #138
IMChillin730 
space
space
$535 | Props total: 18 18
^^^^^^^^^Thats real talk^^^^^^^^^
 05-26-2005, 04:57 AM         #139
Metaphysician 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wait a second.

So you mean that the only way the the lives of Black Americans are going to get better is if we a.ssimilate better into the very same political system that enabled people to enslave us for over 400 years? High ranking Black politicans (and therefore the ones with any real power) are puppeted just as much as these commercial rappers. The difference is that Black Politician are not granted the ears of the youth the way MTV, BET and HOT97 do so for commericial artists.You mean that we should look to this biased system build on the back of racism and classism instead of looking to recliam the art form built on revolution to give young Black Americans a voice for change in this culture?

That sounds like a slave mentality to me. I hear "Do not do it yourself, wait for the good master to provide you the chance to make change. One day you'll get your politicians. One day, popular media will make a better effort (i.e. forcing the bullsh*t out of hip hop and using it as a tool to educate instead of a tool to sell) to enstill and sense of democracy in us than "Vote or Die". Whose opinion is correct? I suppose time will tell.

To quote you quoting Jay-Z
"I was dealt a bad hand, fu*k, what else could i do, but keep something up my sleeve that'll help me through"

What is he suposed to do? How about show some fu*king respect for the millions of men and women who were also "dealt a bad had" but fought for the right to be free and created this world in which, even though he was "Dealt a bad hand" was able to makes millions of dollars? Where is the sense of perspective. You have all these cats who will eventually be seen as the sages and lorekeepers of this culture writing about thier lives without perspective of what has come before. You must forgive me if I think that Hov, and every other African American in the fu*king country, is in debt to those who were beaten and took it to make sure their children had the chance to one day be free.

What is disgusting is that people act like this was the goal of the civil rights movement. Like 1 out of every 100,000,000 black men selling sneakers for Corporate America using derogatory lyrics is the culimination of all the sacrifice and hard work of generation after generation of oppressed people in this country. Like the other 99,999,999 being happy with the idea that if that one can do it, they can too, is enough to get them from day to day.

I do not care if he owns his publishing or whatever the case is. It boils down to him cooning for the man to sell sh*t to people who do not need it.

I will build on this again and again if cats want to have a discussion. Stay with calling cats idiots and I'll just leave it alone. Lets keep it mature and respectful, fam.
 11 years ago '04        #140
awthentik 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,115 | Props total: 0 0
fu*k gay-z
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chanel west coast tho
68 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
ugly duckling chelsea clinton claims weed is killing people :cmonsonn:
90 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Jaguars Jalen Ramsey with a real suspect interview
175 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
216 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
118 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Fire TV Stick 2 Brings Quad-Core CPU, Alexa Remote And AC WiFi
42 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
2 ugly women fu-k a 15 year old boy at a pizza party
153 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Christian boy, 16, facing DEATH PENALTY for offending Muslims in Face..
89 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy