Official *Jay-Z is wack* thread

most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ: Video of beanie getting knocked out and meek crew take credit
171 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Dreamchaser confirms Beanie Sigel got beat up. "U broke the code of ethics on ..
233 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Am I Goin to Hell? Pt 4
42 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron "All Lives Matter" Fuuuuu
429 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-09-2005, 08:50 PM         #81
tre4s_sniper 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Russ369 said:
Im sick of this guy being everywhere, his style and flow is so fu*king overrated, i dont even know how he's considered a legend! He's a biter, and there are so many rappers that are way better than him like Royce da 5'9, now thats someone who's got skills, fu*k a Jay-Z, he wishes he could be as good as Nas anyways...
i dont care to much for hov but royce da 5'9 get outta here
 11 years ago '05        #82
Andym1731 
space
space
$1,021 | Props total: 0 0
wow, i can't believe this thread exists. Calling Jigga wack is like calling Michael Jordan overrated. Get some sense man, listen to his music. The man has created an empire, he's Diddy with crazy lyrics.
 11 years ago '05        #83
abstraktiiion 
space
space
$441 | Props total: 0 0
people hate greatness..
Then people must really hate Nas and Tupac.

Nas > Jayz
 11 years ago '04        #84
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,936 | Props total: 4632 4632
Official *Jay-Z is wack* thread a.k.a Official *Stupid Muh'fu*kas Who Don't sh*t About Hip-Hop Get Together and Chat* thread
 11 years ago '05        #85
True Geniu$ 
space
space
$1,819 | Props total: 0 0
to determine greatness is by the amount of people like you...
to determine legendary status is by the amount of people hate you...

he is a legend...
 11 years ago '04        #86
dsoul 
space
space
space
$1,030 | Props total: 1 1
Jayz in my opinon is nice and will always be

but theres so many that were better

ex. big l, 2pac....
 11 years ago '04        #87
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
 Street Legend said:
reasonable doubt was classic same as blueprint but nothing else.
^^^Agreed...

Shaolin_Bees said:
NO, it is not an opinion...its a damn fact....he is so F***ING over-rated
^^^True story...
 11 years ago '04        #88
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
I'll be honest...Nas has been inconsistant throughout his career...I don't know where his head has been at all these years...but he is a genius on the mic...the thing that grabs me with Nas is his flow / delivery...how he makes things rhyme you would never expect to see rhyme and make them clever...he gives you things to think about...album wise his career has been inconsistant...

Jay-Z...you know what you are getting for the most part...he has a lot of commercial appeal...I think the reason so many more cats feel Jay than Nas (on here at least) is his flow...but that's the problem...since after BP Jay has relied only on his flow IMO...his rhymes are easy to listen to, catchy, and also clever...

I just haven't cared for Jay since BP...I was blown when he did the Black Album the way he did...I really thought he was gonna make it a tribute to BIG and keep it how he had originally planned to do it...straight *understand, no cover, no promo, no airplay...just for the streets...instead we got a decent Jay album which should've been a classic...

All in all, Jay-Z is nice...he has skills and is one of the nicest to do it...he just hasn't put his skills to use like he could have IMO...he's taken them for granted and steered off from the type of music that I would've liked to have heard from him (but that's just me)...

Nas hasn't fully put his skills to use IMO either though...I'm not biased toward either, I am a fan of both...

Edit: *understand = underground...

Last edited by Jamaro85; 05-09-2005 at 09:39 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #89
StateProperty88 32 heat pts32
space
space
$37,026 | Props total: 2058 2058
 Jamaro85 said:
I'll be honest...Nas has been inconsistant throughout his career...I don't know where his head has been at all these years...but he is a genius on the mic...the thing that grabs me with Nas is his flow / delivery...how he makes things rhyme you would never expect to see rhyme and make them clever...he gives you things to think about...album wise his career has been inconsistant...

Jay-Z...you know what you are getting for the most part...he has a lot of commercial appeal...I think the reason so many more cats feel Jay than Nas (on here at least) is his flow...but that's the problem...since after BP Jay has relied only on his flow IMO...his rhymes are easy to listen to, catchy, and also clever...

I just haven't cared for Jay since BP...I was blown when he did the Black Album the way he did...I really thought he was gonna make it a tribute to BIG and keep it how he had originally planned to do it...straight *understand, no cover, no promo, no airplay...just for the streets...instead we got a decent Jay album which should've been a classic...

All in all, Jay-Z is nice...he has skills and is one of the nicest to do it...he just hasn't put his skills to use like he could have IMO...he's taken them for granted and steered off from the type of music that I would've liked to have heard from him (but that's just me)...

Nas hasn't fully put his skills to use IMO either though...I'm not biased toward either, I am a fan of both...

Edit: *understand = underground...
nobody cared bout nas since illmatic
 11 years ago '05        #90
Nyse03 13 heat pts13
space
space
$9,750 | Props total: 1352 1352
Ta say nobody cared about nas since da ill iz crazy. He been goin platinum so at least a couple million people care about him.
 11 years ago '04        #91
#RAPTORSWON 222 heat pts222
space
space
space
$21,439 | Props total: 1181 1181
God, why are all of u so god damn ignorant? Why is it that because i think jay-z is over-rated, i AUTOMATICALLY, regardless of what has been said, don't know rap?

Thats just some stupid sh*t to say...
 05-09-2005, 10:07 PM         #92
JerseyFlow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is a Jay - Z Thread get outta here with that nas sh*t... Its been said many times but Jay is the truth.
 11 years ago '05        #93
StateProperty88 32 heat pts32
space
space
$37,026 | Props total: 2058 2058
 Nyse03 said:
Ta say nobody cared about nas since da ill iz crazy. He been goin platinum so at least a couple million people care about him.
bottom line is that hov's product is consistantly better than nas product
 11 years ago '04        #94
#RAPTORSWON 222 heat pts222
space
space
space
$21,439 | Props total: 1181 1181
Only reason Jay-Z sells is cuz he's commercialized to the extreme, and he's got good beats...

Lyrically Nas >>> jay-z

Last edited by #RAPTORSWON; 05-09-2005 at 10:56 PM..
 05-09-2005, 11:15 PM         #95
GrownMan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay has attributed so much to hip hop's charactersitics....
- the bleeding heart hustler (the one who isn't afraid to show his soft side)
-the witty playboy persona
-the classic song titles now used as Hip Hop's famous quotes (e.g. Streets is Watching/ if i shoot you Im brainless etc.../Who's the best MC Biggie, Jay-Z or Nas) All them classic quotes....

I mean, now his rhymes have dumbed down but thats to accomodate to the fans who don't understand complex lyrical metaphors and the nature of rhymes past just writing a line and ending it with a word that sounds like the last word....I give him credit for everything he does....
 05-09-2005, 11:20 PM         #96
Arkanjal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MY oppinion:

JAY-Z > NAS

people say sales dont mean sh*t...but look at it this way:

Nas is popular with commercial head & underground heads, "beat" Jay-Z in a popular battle, and STILL doesnt sell for sh*t(esp. to be the "great").

HOWEVER JAy-Z, who is just as popular, sells a lot more.

so the difference.....when people say Jay-Z is the greatest, THEY MEAN IT. they put their money where their mouth is, buy the albums, and support Jay. nas "fans", obivously dont really exist.
 11 years ago '05        #97
thecondogg 
space
space
$815 | Props total: 0 0
nas >>> jay-z

judging their best cd's :

illmatic >>> reasonable doubt

judging their careers

nas's last 3 albums have been over 4 stars each >>>>>>>> best of both worlds, change clothes and go, linkin park etc

thats why I started reading this thread, cause i do think jay-z is a complete sellout and couldn't make a classic song right now if his life depended on it. but reasonable doubt is CLASSIC..... i couldn't believe someone who didn't like it cause i can't think of a single thing wrong with it. but i do hate the modern hova......
 05-10-2005, 12:21 AM         #98
Sl300 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's not a rapper, more of a business man.. he's whack.
 05-10-2005, 04:43 AM         #99
S-A-K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know my English ain't as modest as you like
But come, get some, you little bums
I take the cake from under the baker's thumbs
I bake the cake get two of them for one
Then I move the +weight+ like I'm +Oprah's son+
Uhhh, I show you how to do this son
Young don't mess wit chicks in Burberry patterns
Fake Manolo boots straight from Steve Madden (un-uh)
He padded hisself the rap JFK, you wanna pass for my Jaqueline Onassis
Then hop ya a.ss out that S-class
Lay back in that maebach, roll the best grass, I ask...
Have you in your long-legged life
ever seen a watch surrounded by this much pink ice? (uhh)
Look but don't touch, muthafu*ker think twice
Cause the gat that I clutch got a little red light
Need a light?...

JAY HOVA AKA GOD MC
 05-10-2005, 05:48 AM         #100
djnintendo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Russ369 said:
fu*k that sh*t, Pac run all ova the hova, how would pac not be here without jay?

Smh @ these d!ckryders giving jay-z more credit than he deserves...
If Jay didn't redo Me and My Girlfriend, nor give Tupac props, honestly, your friend Tupac wouldn't be selling as many records. Given that Tupac has a name for himself, I don't think he pulled much of the female fanbase like Jay did. True, Pac has his girls, but I'm talking about white girls too, and the majority of them will speak Jay's name first before they say Pac's. Real Talk.

Plus, I don't think Pac would have the appeal now if Jay never stepped up. It's kinda like getting a new girlfriend. Whether she's good or bad, you would never realize her value until you got a new one. You would have never realized Pac's value if Jay wasn't around to compare it too.

I'm not saying Jay is better lyrically than Pac. Honestly, that's two different styles there. You have a rapper who is thugged out who was in a military mindstate, caring about his mother and his homies, who had love for his state and was really close with the hood. On the other hand, you have an MC who was more focused on branding himself for the market, polishing his playboy image, who was more involved in drug trafficking (sp?), and actually helped out every MC he dissed. Plus, this dude showed love all over the world, and didn't just keep it in Cali. And, he was able to touch other topics, too. That was something Pac wasn't able to do. Given that Pac was a good writer, he really wasn't a good speaker like Jay is. To me, Pac makes me wanna f!ght, Jay'll make you think. Just my opinion though.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 25 - The Photo This Nation Needs Right Now
61 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey has some choice words for Stevie Smith Sr.
148 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
109 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
68 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
232 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy