Instagram kills off fake followers, threatens accounts that keep using apps to get them

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 weeks ago '07        #1
3472 page views
43 comments

sittinpretti 84 heat pts84
space
space
$3,295 | Props total: 3044 3044
Instagram k!lls off fake followers, threatens accounts that keep using apps to get them

visit this link https://techcrunch.com/20 .. ake-followers/

Instagram is f!ghting back against automated apps people use to leave spammy comments or follow then unfollow others in hopes of growing their audience. Today Instagram is removing from people’s accounts who use these apps inauthentic follows, Likes and comments that violate its policies; sending them a warning to change their password to cut ties with these apps, and saying people who continue using these apps “may see their Instagram experience impacted.” Instagram tells me it “may limit access to certain features, for example” for those users.

Instagram is also hoping to discourage users from ever giving another company the login details to their accounts as this can lead to them being hacked or having their account used to send spam. So if you see Instagram follower accounts drop, it’s not because that profile offended people, but because the followers were fake.

The renewed vigor for policy enforcement comes amidst the continuing threat of foreign misinformation campaigns on Facebook and Instagram designed to polarize communities and influence elections in the U.S. and abroad. Facebook has said that inauthentic accounts are often the root of these campaigns, and it has removed 754 million fake accounts in the past quarter alone, and stopping these spam apps could prevent them from misusing clients’ accounts. Instagram has been taking down fake accounts since at least 2014, but this is the first time it’s publicly discussed removing fake likes from posts. It now says “We’ve built machine learning tools to help identify accounts that use [third-party apps for boosting followers] and remove the inauthentic activity.”

Some of the most popular bot apps for growing followers like Instagress and Social Growth have been shut down, but others like Archie, InstarocketProX and Boostio charge $10 to $45 per month. They often claim not to violate Instagram’s policies, though they do. The New York Times this year found many well-known celebrities had stooped to buying fake Twitter followers from a company called Devumi.

Users typically have to provide their username and password to these services, which then take control of their accounts and automatically Like, comment on and follow accounts a.ssociated with desired hashtags to dupe them into following the unscrupulous user back. The spam app users will now get scolded by Instagram, which will send “an in-app message alerting them that we have removed the inauthentic likes, follows and comments given by their account to others” and be told to change their passwords.

InstarocketProX advertises how it sends fake likes and follows from your account to get you followersOne big question, though, is whether Instagram will crack down harder on ads for services that sell fake followers that appear on its app. I’ve spotted these in the past, and they sometimes masquerade as analytics apps for a.ssisting influencers with tracking the size of their audience. We asked Instagram and a spokesperson told us “Ads are also subject to our Community Standards, which prohibit spammy activity like collecting likes, followers, etc. — so you are correct that ads promoting these services violate our policies. Please feel free to report them if you see them.”

Follower accounts on apps like Instagram have become measures of people’s influence, credibility and earning potential. This is becoming especially true for social media stars who are paid for brand sponsorships in part based on their audience size. Now that brands are even paying “nanoinfluencers” with as few as one thousand followers to post sponsored content, the allure to use these services can be high and lead to an immediate return on illicit investment.

If no one can believe those counts are accurate, it throws Instagram’s legitimacy into question. And every time you get a notification about a fake follow or Like, it distracts you from real life, dilutes the quality of conversation on Instagram and makes people less likely to stick with the app. Anyone willing to pay for fake followers doesn’t deserve your attention, and Instagram should not hold back from terminating their accounts if they don’t stop.
+14   

43 comments for "Instagram kills off fake followers, threatens accounts that keep using apps to get them"

Top 10 most propped recently  4 weeks ago '17        #2
BLACK FIST 
space
space
$3,959 | Props total: 15483 15483

[pic - click to view]

+29   

4 weeks ago '11        #3
squirtofkahlua 1040 heat pts1040
space
space
$8,839 | Props total: 64530 64530
I'm still trying to figure out why all these fake pages want to follow me
+33   

4 weeks ago '15        #4
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$19,725 | Props total: 24260 24260
Attention seeking generation. sh*t like that episode from black mirror. People validate others by how many likes, followers, and friends they got on social media. Or how many places they visit
+36   

4 weeks ago '07        #5
Avon_Barksdale 4645 heat pts4645
space
space
$48,651 | Props total: 84884 84884
I swear if i get another Hair Bundle request im gonna slap one of them hoes that I follow
+45   

4 weeks ago '04        #6
psylence2k 66 heat pts66
space
space
space
$13,538 | Props total: 3581 3581
 squirtofkahlua said
probably because they want you to follow them back.

Last edited by psylence2k; 11-19-2018 at 05:49 PM..
+5   

4 weeks ago '16        #7
YungVino 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,439 | Props total: 6920 6920
This the shameful day and age we live in, n*ggas gotta buy followers and fame. Clout k!lling the kids (and this is coming from a young n*gga himself)
+12   

4 weeks ago '17        #8
WinterWarz 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,574 | Props total: 7095 7095
Its all about $$$ the more followers u appear to have..the more serious people take your business.

There's power in numbers..and once u hit a certain level.. companies start to consider sponsoring you and pay to advertise because they want to reach your audience. And to get to that level.. u have to already appear to be popular.

Last edited by WinterWarz; 11-19-2018 at 09:28 PM..
+25   

4 weeks ago '10        #9
marx1684 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,406 | Props total: 8629 8629
 Hellmatic said
Attention seeking generation. sh*t like that episode from black mirror. People validate others by how many likes, followers, and friends they got on social media. Or how many places they visit
Please let me know which episode that is so I can watch it & get back into that series. Sounds like my cup of tea.
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #10
mr_underground|m 2111 heat pts2111
space
space
$24,204 | Props total: 34356 34356
im in the clout business and we've been off bot accounts for a while, only real follower but heavily incentivized to follow you. it does boost businesses as followers and likes act as amazon, yelp and google reviews for certain types of businesses. they drop off over time so you have to keep paying but if you buy 5k followers and 2k auto likes per post then you can scale down to like $50/month maintainence on the account getting around 200 new followers a month to replace the drop offs.

instead of bots which will get your account banned, its better to pay people in india and middle east a few cents per like and follow and they have to follow of a minimum of a week.

but this does get the clout chaser results. i use it myself. since im a consultant. if i want clients to listen i just show the social media clout and it a.ssumes all these people are hungry for my info and it does influence buying behavior.

clout chasing with no end goal is just feeling a frail ego. and using fake follower to try and get sponsorships will destroy you when because the advertiser is going to want to see the metrics. and you get exposed when it shows you have 10k followers but the post got 50 likes and 1 comments and upon deeper analytics, only 20 of them were from the US.

it takes a well-calculated campaign to pull this off and make it look legit.

Last edited by mr_underground; 11-19-2018 at 07:31 PM..
+16   

4 weeks ago '18        #11
MYDICKSOCOLD 1 heat pts
space
space
$538 | Props total: 1509 1509
99% of the instagram generation should be banned from the internet and sold off to Saudi Arabia.
+4   

4 weeks ago '04        #12
Tastemaker331 67 heat pts67
space
space
$41,508 | Props total: 19205 19205
 squirtofkahlua said
Word...

4 weeks ago '08        #13
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,011 | Props total: 6334 6334
I pray I wake up tomorrow and none of this social media sh*t exists anymore. That way people can be real humans again
+5   

4 weeks ago '17        #14
Naga Sadow 14 heat pts14
space
space
$8,951 | Props total: 36118 36118
 YungVino said
This the shameful day and age we live in, n*ggas gotta buy followers and fame. Clout k!lling the kids (and this is coming from a young n*gga himself)
And I'm trying to kick the fake people out of my life. People would rather get fake love from the masses than genuine love from those closest to them. I don't get it.

+8   

4 weeks ago '17        #15
Naga Sadow 14 heat pts14
space
space
$8,951 | Props total: 36118 36118
 904Nole said
I pray I wake up tomorrow and none of this social media sh*t exists anymore. That way people can be real humans again
But as long as they keep Tony Baker, Pete Rock, Barstool Sports, and Hood Clips going, I'm good.

4 weeks ago '15        #16
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$19,725 | Props total: 24260 24260
 marx1684 said
Please let me know which episode that is so I can watch it & get back into that series. Sounds like my cup of tea.
Black mirror season 3 episode 1:nosedive

I suggest the white Christmas and San junipero episodes if you already watched the first season. White Christmas is a top 4 episode imo, might be the best one
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #17
Uncle Jun 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$771 | Props total: 2112 2112
Ig fu*king trash man

3 weeks ago '13        #18
Murker99 89 heat pts89
space
space
$5,140 | Props total: 3773 3773
I just want to see the people who unfollow me...keep that 3rd party feature around. IG needs to break that bread
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #19
Twotwenty 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,476 | Props total: 2810 2810
People are going to k!ll themself when they see their follower count drop. Ig girls have 75K followers wth 25 comments.
+6   

3 weeks ago '07        #20
killacar 6 heat pts
space
space
$6,004 | Props total: 8964 8964
 marx1684 said
It was like the first episode
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #21
Call me fresco 47 heat pts47
space
space
$704 | Props total: 3820 3820
 Hellmatic said
Bruh. Due share E:S...

"The entire history of you" is crazy! S1:E3

Nuts
+1   

3 weeks ago '10        #22
djaqt88 
space
space
space
$623 | Props total: 621 621
 Avon_Barksdale said
I swear if i get another Hair Bundle request im gonna slap one of them hoes that I follow
I thought i was the only one who kept getting that mess
+2   

3 weeks ago '10        #23
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$50,720 | Props total: 15303 15303
About damn time
+4   

3 weeks ago '07        #24
Avon_Barksdale 4645 heat pts4645
space
space
$48,651 | Props total: 84884 84884
 djaqt88 said
I thought i was the only one who kept getting that mess
Nah bro, if you like a hoes picture “they” go and try to request everybody who line the sh*t.

+3   

3 weeks ago '12        #25
Superstarbrown7 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,041 | Props total: 6331 6331
 Twotwenty said
People are going to k!ll themself when they see their follower count drop. Ig girls have 75K followers wth 25 comments.
For reals
+2   

Home      

most viewed right now
+21online now  52
Video inside If You Decide To Get Married, This Will Be Your Life
135 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-28online now  49
Image(s) inside Brianna Amor IG Thot Getting SUED A Turn Of Events
56 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-18online now  32
MMA Conor McGregor Accused Of Rape?
47 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+190online now  22
Video inside Kanye let's it be known.
334 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+26online now  19
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Vitaminwater offering $100K to ditch your smartphone for 1 year
111 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+47online now  15
Money making Mitch
77 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+21online now  14
Video inside STAR Responds to DJ akademiks with Legal Work & More [Livestream Going ..
172 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+31online now  13
Image(s) inside 2 podcast thots
37 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy