Spotify royalties breakdown (personal experience)

view more...

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '14        #1
7772 page views
172 comments

Nardy Global 1 heat pts
space
space
$449 | Props total: 955 955
Spotify royalties breakdown (personal experience)

Ok so a couple months back I released a remix with a popular EDM producer, Sound Remedy. I reached out to him on twitter to check out my single I was promoting and he sent me a message saying he wanted to remix it.

I wasn’t familiar with him or his work at the time, but upon further review I came across some of his work. He has some pretty big remixes.

visit this link https://soundcloud.com/so .. dys-soundcloud

So I sent him the vocal track and he remixed it.

visit this link https://itunes.apple.com/ .. soundcloud.com

We put it out Sept. 3, 2018 and since then it’s gotten 46.7k streams on Spotify, 27k on Soundcloud, and more on Apple music, but the stats haven’t come in yet. We both use Distrokid as our distributor which gives you the option to create teams. We created a team for the release and they split the royalties 50/50 for us. This makes it easy when it comes to the business and no one has to worry about somebody trying to get over.

Now to the money!!!

Spotify pays*about $0.006 to $0.0084 per stream. We split the royalties 50/50.

46,700 streams X $0.006 = $280.20 / 2 = $140.10 (minimum royalty payout)

46,700 streams X $0.0084 = $392.28 / 2 = $196.14 (maximum royalty payout)

Keep in mind Spotify releases sales reports to the distributor at a 2 - 3 month delay. For instance, The royalties for the month of September won’t be issued to Distrokid until December. That means the amount of streams I had by the end of September is the portion of money Spotify will pay me in December. We may have a total of 46.7K streams but lets say at the end of September we had 15K streams. That’s how much Spotify will pay me for the September royalties. Just some game I wanted to share.

This is my new record I’m promoting.

visit this link http://hyperurl.co/nard.ifudare

Last edited by Nardy Global; 11-14-2018 at 09:23 PM..
+200   

172 comments for "Spotify royalties breakdown (personal experience)"

2 weeks ago '13        #2
mikejuheard 44 heat pts44
space
space
$30,582 | Props total: 40755 40755
Let me get a $1

Rich man
+38   

2 weeks ago '14        #3
Nardy Global 1 heat pts OP
space
space
I aint got it bruh
+57   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
bmack940 7 heat pts
space
space
$718 | Props total: 693 693
Appreciate the insight bro. How much did it cost you in money and time to create the track?
+10   

2 weeks ago '11        #5
X_WunderKind_X 910 heat pts910
space
space
$45,846 | Props total: 27273 27273
dope thread fam, I always wondered how that sh*t works from first hand experience
+22   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
Lonny Breaux 521 heat pts521
space
space
$13,680 | Props total: 50796 50796
maybe artists should have their own streaming services kinda like Blogspot and YouTube channels more money that way?
+12   

2 weeks ago '14        #7
space
space
 bmack940 said
Appreciate the insight bro. How much did it cost you in money and time to create the track?
Got you! I produced the track and engineered it myself so no money spent on that end. As far as time I'd say it was a concentrated effort of 2 weeks from recording to mixing.
+18   

2 weeks ago '16        #8
postemupndunkit 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,870 | Props total: 19469 19469
Y'all need to revolt

getting a sixth of a penny fam?

this is why i quit music

that sh*t is for the fu*king birds

joe budden was right.

yall need to sit down together and just stop creating for six months and let them n*ggas feel it
+50   

2 weeks ago '14        #9
Gio Trappertoni 8 heat pts
space
space
$17,484 | Props total: 14654 14654
Is you nard of nard&b?

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '18        #10
Blaffy 63 heat pts63
space
space
$3,606 | Props total: 13142 13142
Playing it now
+7   

2 weeks ago '14        #11
space
space
 Lonny Breaux said
maybe artists should have their own streaming services kinda like Blogspot and YouTube channels more money that way?
I'm with ownership but something like building your own streaming company would take time to establish. At the beginning of the year I decided I wasn't going to release music on any platform other than YouTube and Soundcloud. If someone wanted to download they could deal with me directly and I would send them a download. What I found out is that it wasn't convenient for the listener and they weren't willing to stray from the norm of how they receive their music. I ended up compromising by putting my music on the major platforms but building my email list as well.
+17   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '16        #12
Papi 460 heat pts460
space
space
$17,761 | Props total: 45849 45849
 postemupndunkit said
Y'all need to revolt

this is why i quit music

joe budden was right.

yall need to sit down together and just stop creating for six months and let them n*ggas feel it
The only problem is that it will always be the next 17 year old kid that’s next and labels can promote to the masses

Rihanna lowkey been doing that but we live in a era that we realllllllly don’t care

Last edited by Papi; 11-06-2018 at 08:27 PM..
+13   

2 weeks ago '14        #13
space
space
 postemupndunkit said
Y'all need to revolt

this is why i quit music

joe budden was right.

I hear you. Payouts could be better, but instead of complaining take the opportunity to build a brand. If you're on any social platform and you post a pic, video, song, whatever, all of it is intellectual property, but only music seems to be getting paid for it. Not disregarding youtube videos but one would have to be a partner with YouTube before they draw a payment. No one questions why Social networks don't pay royalties to their users when they sell their company for billions. It was the users activity that made the company valuable, but they relinquish their right to royalties the moment they sign up. They do it because that's where the people are. You can't have a problem with a Spotify / Apple music and at the same time have no problem with Instagram / Facebook.
+27   

2 weeks ago '14        #14
space
space
 Gio Trappertoni said
Is you nard of nard&b?
Nah fam
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #15
space
space
 Blaffy said
Playing it now
Good Looking!
+4   

2 weeks ago '11        #16
bosslife11 26 heat pts26
space
space
$3,553 | Props total: 2904 2904
So you get .0084 per stream. I'm curious to what is considered a stream. Listening to a track for more than a minute? What if you download the song to your phone, are they still tracking those streams? Do you get more money If they download the album?

I really feel bad for artists because there's no way out unless you all ban together. The tech companies have figured out how to screw you. The talent can't even make money off their talent until 10 other people eat off it.

And now within your own genre, people are complaining about albums being longer than 10 songs. It's simple economics, why would I put 10 songs or less on my album when I'm paid per stream?
+19   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '18        #17
DrizzyStan06 32 heat pts32
space
space
$812 | Props total: 7233 7233
BSB records streaming app coming soon.
+4   

2 weeks ago '11        #18
GrindPOWER$ 446 heat pts446
space
space
$22,194 | Props total: 21183 21183
congrats box breh
i hope to see the same with my artist too..CHRIS COKE CLEAN...not even gonna promo on boxden if you guys get a chance he's on all platforms.

thank you
+6   

2 weeks ago '14        #19
Gio Trappertoni 8 heat pts
space
space
$17,484 | Props total: 14654 14654
 DrizzyStan06 said
BSB records streaming app coming soon.
bsb the brand u can believe in

Imagine a troy ave and drake collab
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #20
qajuan 2 heat pts
space
space
$77 | Props total: 180 180
Playing now, it costs nothing for one candle to light another.
+26   

2 weeks ago '08        #21
Kewop Decam 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$18,023 | Props total: 15266 15266
 Lonny Breaux said
Brings up an interesting point, but I feel the music industry would crush anyone trying to get in on this. You'd probably only get independent folks and then people are soo like, "oh, it's not on Spotify? Pfff, fu*k that" and won't listen.
+9   

2 weeks ago '17        #22
Lonny Breaux 521 heat pts521
space
space
$13,680 | Props total: 50796 50796
 Nardy Global said
I'm with ownership but something like building your own streaming company would take time to establish. At the beginning of the year I decided I wasn't going to release music on any platform other than YouTube and Soundcloud. If someone wanted to download they could deal with me directly and I would send them a download. What I found out is that it wasn't convenient for the listener and they weren't willing to stray from the norm of how they receive their music. I ended up compromising by putting my music on the major platforms but building my email list as well.
nah fam that's not what I meant. just that with all of the tech savvy app creators these days, it shouldn't be a stretch to create a platform like that.

like for example Onlyfans for the instagram girls who do pr0n on the side. They completely own the channel, the owner takes a subscription fee monthly I suppose depending on how much revenue they pull as a percentage figure.

that's what soundcloud etc should have been. not saying that it's the only way, just that if people would want to support theur favourite artist in a bigger way that that coulf be a way to do it. granted there's a platform for it.

listen to spotify and tidal for the wide range of music, support your favourite artist on their own outlet.
+8   

2 weeks ago '05        #23
WCIB 120 heat pts120
space
space
$26,520 | Props total: 12755 12755
So essentially 1 million streams is about $5,000 to you...

Good insight
+7   

2 weeks ago '10        #24
kingblock 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,141 | Props total: 3928 3928
n*ggas should just start creating their own apps to stream their sh*t....if they have a following
+6   

2 weeks ago '17        #25
My Back Hand 64 heat pts64
space
space
$3,004 | Props total: 14818 14818
prop and added to itunes.

Didn’t even listen.
+5   

Home      

most viewed right now
+17online now  36
Image(s) inside lovemonisha 🍑
17 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-46online now  23
Kim Porter sacrificed for Diddy, Nov. 15, 2018 +Murder / Death by Numbers
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+69online now  19
Video inside The Most Inbred People Of All Time
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+64online now  11
Video inside Mother goes off on entire town after snooping thru her daughters Snapch..
79 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  9
Angela Means (Aka Bye Felcia from Friday)
44 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Which player had the best sneakers of Week 5 in the NBA?
14 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  9
Insane Jordan Collection
38 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  6
50 Cent is a Grimey muthafu-ka