*Offical* Hip Hop Facts Board

most viewed right now
 Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
14 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Game Caught Frauding Yet again.:memedudehah:
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 MLB Reports Jose Fernandez has been killed in a boating accident.
279 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #141
justinjones 292 heat pts292
space
space
$47,295 | Props total: 1764 1764
 SteveMachine said:
Didn't he decline because they wouldn't sign McGruff
thats what i thought. and thats why he was tryin to start flamboyant entertainment was it?
 11 years ago '05        #142
Dcuts770 
space
space
$538 | Props total: 0 0
Ciara Attended and graduated from my high school Riverdale High

In high school, Ciara was voted "The most likely to be famous ".

Ciara attended prom with R&B singer Monica's brother (Montez)

Goodies is not Ciara's first video appearance (she first appeared in a video from the group ATL)

Chingy- former stage names -Thugsy, H-Thugs

Last edited by Dcuts770; 06-08-2005 at 08:46 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #143
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$14,458 | Props total: 3014 3014
Ludacris was born in Champaign,Illinois
LL Cool J was supposedly robbed by the orginial 50 Cent
Kool Kieth used to be with the Ultra Magnetic M.C.'s then he did pr0n for a while before going solo

DJ Yella of NWA fame is a pr0n director

Hip Hop wasn't started in jamiaca either..Rudy Ray Moore used to "Rap" over instrumentals and accapellas for his comedy skits... oh that's Dolemite for anybody who didn't know...He said he got it from pimps and corner hustlers tryin to outalk each other on being the coolest and the flashiest.
And countless poets and people of spoken word spoke in a rhythmic fashion
over beats back when swing music was big and that's what the 40's and 50's?
In short Hip Hop came from ALOT of influences not just 1.
 06-08-2005, 08:44 AM         #144
Double Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Twista realesed in an album in 1991 under the name "Tung Twista* Entitled: "Runnin of at the mouth".
Hip-Hop is not just a music genre.
The Beastie Boys became recognizibly famous when they started touring with Run DMC
 06-08-2005, 09:00 AM         #145
DJT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cutty Olds said:
Hip Hop wasn't started in jamiaca either..Rudy Ray Moore used to "Rap" over instrumentals and accapellas for his comedy skits... oh that's Dolemite for anybody who didn't know...He said he got it from pimps and corner hustlers tryin to outalk each other on being the coolest and the flashiest.
And countless poets and people of spoken word spoke in a rhythmic fashion
over beats back when swing music was big and that's what the 40's and 50's?
In short Hip Hop came from ALOT of influences not just 1.
Ok another point we have to thrash out Cutty...lol.

you can go way way way back to Spoken-word, or the origin of music if you wish, but it is a FACT that Hip Hop was pioneered by DJ Kool Herc (hence the title Godfather of Hip Hop). Most people universally recognise this as fact. If you'd read that link i put up it shows you just some of the things that happened back then...

Hip Hop music, in it's essence, was the art of Mic Controllling (M.C.ing) over looped records...

"Jamaican born DJ Kool Herc moved to New York in the late 1960's and brought with him the Jamaican tradition of "toasting", which involved reciting improvised rhymes over instrumental sections of reggae records. He used twin turntables and cut back and forth between two seperate records to create a new sound. He would chant things like "Throw your hands in the air/And wave'em like ya just don't care!". This type of crowd pleaser was known as "rapping" to the crowd. At that time rap was not yet known as 'rap' but called 'MCing'. He later turned his attention to DJing and let two friends Coke La Rock and (the orginial) Clark Kent handle the mic. This was rap music's first MC team. They became known as Kool Herc and the Herculoids.
Grand Wizard Theodore was the first DJ to scratch which he discovered accidently. Playing his music too loud during a practice session, while his mother was yelling, he held back the record and it began to move back and forth in the earphones. He went on to experiment with different records trying to create a sound where people could understand it. He has since been awarded by the International Turntable Foundation for creating the scratch."

Source:

but i aint really need a course to tell you this, because i myself, as a Jamaican, will tell you that toasting has been going on over there for years.

I appreciate your fact about Rudy Ray Moore i am well aware of, as others who pionered that artform (Last Poets, Gil Scott-Heron) had their OWN thing (Spoken-word)... granted, it eventually merged with Hip Hop shortly afterwards, but i got all those records from Watts Profits, etc and i'll tell you that speaking over a music as opposed to toasting (which was improv rhyming) is different to spoken-word.
 11 years ago '04        #146
justinjones 292 heat pts292
space
space
$47,295 | Props total: 1764 1764
...Bow Wow former name was Kid Gangsta (lol)
...Lil' Jon worked for So So Def from 1993 to 2000
...Big Pun's weight when he died was around 500 pounds
...B.G is short for Baby Gangsta
...Paul Wall went to the University of Houston
...Nas gets trapped with hoes
 06-08-2005, 09:10 AM         #147
A_Slim_Fat_Boy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
interesting facts..
 11 years ago '04        #148
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
space
$7,717 | Props total: 295 295
 justinjones said:
...Bow Wow former name was Kid Gangsta (lol)
...Lil' Jon worked for So So Def from 1993 to 2000
...Big Pun's weight when he died was around 500 pounds
...B.G is short for Baby Gangsta
...Paul Wall went to the University of Houston
...Nas gets trapped with hoes
I thought Pun was around 700 pounds when he died

Last edited by GollyI'mGully; 06-08-2005 at 09:21 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #149
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
 DJT said:
Ok another point we have to thrash out Cutty...lol.

you can go way way way back to Spoken-word, or the origin of music if you wish, but it is a FACT that Hip Hop was pioneered by DJ Kool Herc (hence the title Godfather of Hip Hop). Most people universally recognise this as fact. If you'd read that link i put up it shows you just some of the things that happened back then...

Hip Hop music, in it's essence, was the art of Mic Controllling (M.C.ing) over looped records...

"Jamaican born DJ Kool Herc moved to New York in the late 1960's and brought with him the Jamaican tradition of "toasting", which involved reciting improvised rhymes over instrumental sections of reggae records. He used twin turntables and cut back and forth between two seperate records to create a new sound. He would chant things like "Throw your hands in the air/And wave'em like ya just don't care!". This type of crowd pleaser was known as "rapping" to the crowd. At that time rap was not yet known as 'rap' but called 'MCing'. He later turned his attention to DJing and let two friends Coke La Rock and (the orginial) Clark Kent handle the mic. This was rap music's first MC team. They became known as Kool Herc and the Herculoids.
Grand Wizard Theodore was the first DJ to scratch which he discovered accidently. Playing his music too loud during a practice session, while his mother was yelling, he held back the record and it began to move back and forth in the earphones. He went on to experiment with different records trying to create a sound where people could understand it. He has since been awarded by the International Turntable Foundation for creating the scratch."

Source: [WEBSITE LINK]

but i aint really need a course to tell you this, because i myself, as a Jamaican, will tell you that toasting has been going on over there for years.

I appreciate your fact about Rudy Ray Moore i am well aware of, as others who pionered that artform (Last Poets, Gil Scott-Heron) had their OWN thing (Spoken-word)... granted, it eventually merged with Hip Hop shortly afterwards, but i got all those records from Watts Profits, etc and i'll tell you that speaking over a music as opposed to toasting (which was improv rhyming) is different to spoken-word.

haha DJT again huh?!
Naw good point man..I know about toasting...I didn't know however that it was that old.
Oh yeah fa sho any head knows that Herc is the G-Daddy of rap
Your right about the just talking over records there is a difference
Every one elses was a part of but
Herc is the one that did bring it all together to what we recognize it as now as a whole

Now let me play a little devils advacate for a minute
Would that make it "Jaimacan Born" ?
He brought toasting to New York but he linked up later to form the Herculoids
in the States..So wouldn't that make it from multiple sources instead of 1?
^^^^^^
Im just doing a little work for ya'll brains here, I don't want anybody to get swoll because you think im trying to take something from Jamica or anywhere else...
Just wanna see how many more facts and things we can squeeze outta this topic,It's interesting as hell and it gets peoples heads on straight about the WHOLE culture and not just the emcees in it...

this sh*t needs to be covered in music in classes!We don't know it all hell im 26 and just learned some new sh*t so im all for the schooling

Good sh*t DJT I ain't know that good sh*t you just told me props man!

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 06-08-2005 at 09:49 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #150
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
damn says I gotta spread rep before I give you some..I'll get you on the rebound
 06-08-2005, 10:11 AM         #151
ADrake22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 habib said:
according to the riaa, life after death is the biggest selling rap album of all time, it doesnt matter whether its a double or not, its still the biggest
[WEBSITE LINK]

look towards the bottom to see it just ahead of mc hammer
its about time someone posted this... but Michael Jackson - Thriller sold 44 million world wide.... they didnt put that on there...
 11 years ago '05        #152
BigL4Life 
space
space
$3,956 | Props total: 3 3
-R. Kelly had a secret wedding with Aaliyah when she was only 14 years old, but had to get an annolment when her parents found out.

That is true sh*t right there, that prob made him like those young wunz.
 11 years ago '04        #153
L.E.S|M 
space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 1 1
Jay-Z made a guest appearance on Big L's first album Lifestyles of the Poor and Dangerous.
 11 years ago '04        #154
L.E.S|M 
space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 1 1
Chad Hugo from the Neptunes was the real person playin the sax in the RumpShaker video
 06-09-2005, 03:51 AM         #155
Graphic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cutty Olds said:
Kool Kieth used to be with the Ultra Magnetic M.C.'s then he did pr0n for a while before going solo
no he didn't
 06-09-2005, 04:46 AM         #156
logicalkid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 m_cullins said:
M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50 cent wh0ored DMX on piggy back

Prop Me lets get it.[/SIZE]

HOW????????
 06-09-2005, 04:52 AM         #157
bigdut1213 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones[B said:
]...B.G. & Lil' Wayne realesed a album together back in 93 called "True Story" but it was under B.Gs name[/B]
...The 1st all female mc click was the Mercedes Ladies
...Scarface former name was Akshen
...Three 6 Mafia changed their name from Triple 6 Mafia.radio stations wouldn't play their music because of their name being "666"
...Play form Kid N Play became a born again Christian and devoted his time to working on Christian-based hip-hop music projects
...Lil' Wayne was found by U.N.L.V who was signed to cash money at the time...While playing with a loaded gun, Lil' Wayne shot himself in the chest and almost bled to death, now he has a large tattoo of the words "Bang Bang" on his chest to commerate his shooting
...Soulja Slim was k!lled in front of his moms or grandmoms house not sure which one/
...Missy's old group Sista and Timbaland & Magoo became part of stable of Swing Mob signees known as "Da Bassment" crew owned by Jodecie's Devante Swing, joining artists and groups such as Ginuwine and Playa.
...Jay-Z's name is a shortened version of an early nickname, "Jazzy"
True Story wasn't put out under B.G.'s name, it was put out as a group album of the B.G.'z, comprised of Lil Doogie aka B.G. nka B.Gizzle and Lil Wayne aka Toon bka Weezy F. Baby

Lil Slim put Lil Wayne on with Cash Money, not U.N.L.V.

Soulja Slim got murdered in front of his mom's house in the Gentilly area of New Orleans

Last edited by bigdut1213; 06-09-2005 at 04:54 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #158
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,313 | Props total: 187 187
-Outkast debuted on a La Face Christmas album

-Curtis Jackson "50 Cent" swole up like Barry Bonds from his 1st album to his 2nd one (flack seed oil).
 06-09-2005, 08:43 AM         #159
roughton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice Topic
 06-09-2005, 08:43 AM         #160
roughton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Double Deuce said:
Twista realesed in an album in 1991 under the name "Tung Twista* Entitled: "Runnin of at the mouth".
Hip-Hop is not just a music genre.
The Beastie Boys became recognizibly famous when they started touring with Run DMC
Remember that track From The Tip Of My Tongue?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
148 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
30 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Truth behind no headphones jack apple
58 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
161 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
376 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside White Booty Meat (1 pic)
67 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL RGIII - Y'all better leave me and my Becky be
72 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlotte PD To Release (Some) Keith Scott Videos, Blame Stop On Weed Now
244 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy