MORE AMAZING NEWS : Samsung is already taking over 2019 (bezel-free phone confirmed)

most viewed right now
110 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 months ago '05        #1
2136 page views
15 comments

old head 161 heat pts161
space
space
space
$19,269 | Props total: 16643 16643
MORE AMAZING NEWS : Samsung is already taking over 2019 (bezel-free phone confirmed)

This gives you a good idea of how the Galaxy s10 will look

Samsung a few days ago teased an all-screen, notch-less smartphone design that looked nothing like Samsung has ever created — a phone that seemed to have a camera hole at the top of the screen and no bezels.

We also saw an Apple patent that describes methods of drilling a hole through displays to accommodate other components, like cameras. Then, on Friday, Bloomberg came out with a huge story detailing Samsung’s plans for the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy F phones that should have any Samsung fan excited about next year’s handsets. And the following leak should have you seriously excited about the Galaxy S10.

2018 was the year of the iPhone X clones, there’s no question about it. Virtually everyone other than Samsung decided to include a notch on their flagship phone rather than come up with something new. And let’s not act like phones from Sharp and Essential that preceded the iPhone X were the inspiration for the notch. The iPhone still sets the time in the smartphone business, and almost everyone else still follows its lead.

Now that the first wave of clones has arrived, smartphone makers are actually coming up with ways to reduce the size of the notch and increase the overall screen-to-body ratio. The OnePlus 6T, coming next week with a teardrop notch, is one such example. One other way to remove the notch is to use slider mechanisms for the camera like Oppo and Xiaomi did with the Find X and Mi Mix 3, respectively.

Although, let’s be serious for a second here: Slider phones are not the way to go. In addition to worrying about the phone’s durability, you also lose waterproofing and battery life. Not to mention that you can’t really use cases with slider phones. It’s a bad idea for making all-screen phones, but at least others are trying not to copy Apple.

Drilling holes into the screen for the selfie cameras and other front-facing elements from the notch may be a more elegant design compromise than the notch, a.ssuming display makers can mass produce enough screens to meet demand. The following image, showing a smartphone screen protector featuring a hole at the top, was posted on Weibo:

If accessory makers are creating such products already, they’re doing it with specific devices in mind. In this case, the accessory has probably been created for the Galaxy A8 phone that Samsung teased during an event earlier this week.That means Samsung has perfected tech required for manufacturing such displays. Well, either that or someone is trolling us all with the image above.

From the looks of it, that A8 will be the first Samsung phone to feature this new design. And a similar design may be used by the Galaxy S10 next year as well — from the Bloomberg story:

The standard S10, codenamed “Beyond,” features an OLED screen curved on both sides, round-shaped corners and almost no bezel at the top and bottom, the people said. It will be about the same size as the current 5.8-inch S9 model. The S10 has triple cameras on the back while the front camera is visible and tucked under the screen, the people said. Samsung also plans a bigger “plus” version for next year.

Back in September, Samsung revealed a change of strategy when it comes to smartphone innovation. The company said it would debut novel features on mid-range devices, which is exactly what it did. Its first smartphones with three and four rear-facing cameras were launched in a matter of weeks, and both devices were not flagship handsets. So it’s not surprising to see Samsung test this screen design with the A8, before porting it over to flagship phones.

The Galaxy S10 is already rumored to get a triple camera on the back, but it’ll probably be more powerful than the one found on the Galaxy A7. And the phone’s display may be even more noteworthy than the A8’s. Older rumors claimed the Galaxy S10 would support 3D facial recognition like Face ID on the iPhone X phones, but if you want Face ID on a phone, you need bigger notches, or multiple holes at the top of the screen.

+8   

15 comments for "MORE AMAZING NEWS : Samsung is already taking over 2019 (bezel-free phone confirmed)"

3 months ago '09        #2
ShadyVsEminem 252 heat pts252
space
space
$22,991 | Props total: 9064 9064
She has been cast in Apples ad to mock Samsung for this innovation
+4   

3 months ago '05        #3
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$39,134 | Props total: 15571 15571
 ShadyVsEminem said
She has been cast in Apples ad to mock Samsung for this innovation
You d!ck look like MTVs The Head

3 months ago '17        #4
AllWins 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,890 | Props total: 4784 4784

[pic - click to view]

3 months ago '16        #5
Freddy Highmore 12 heat pts12
space
space
$771 | Props total: 1114 1114
 P-Hill said
You d!ck look like MTVs The Head
You just reminded me of a big chunk of my childhood.
+2   

3 months ago '15        #6
414mvp 
space
space
$1,578 | Props total: 2124 2124
enjoy your Samsung phones shrugs us apple folks will enjoy our phones and seamless integration to each his own but shout out to Samsung for making quality products and entertaining commercials.
+2   

3 months ago '04        #7
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,400 | Props total: 1311 1311
OnePlus 6T

Forget Samsung....better phone for half

3 months ago '05        #8
Flatbush85 63 heat pts63
space
space
$15,285 | Props total: 4214 4214
 bw5011 said
OnePlus 6T

Not sure why there is no prop button for you but props.

2 months ago '04        #9
Kush Charasi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,305 | Props total: 310 310
 bw5011 said
OnePlus 6T

I thought the same thing.

Until I realized the OnePlus 6T has no headphone jack, no wireless charging, no IP certification, and no expandable storage.

So, is your "snappy" phone still better?

I get the whole half price argument.

I'm not with the "better" argument tho. Not yet.
+6   

2 months ago '04        #10
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,400 | Props total: 1311 1311
 Kush Charasi said

Until I realized the OnePlus 6T has no headphone jack, no wireless charging, no IP certification, and no expandable storage.

Not having a headphone jack is stupid... I agree 100%

Wireless charging is slow and I move quick. I plug my phone into a USB port for Android Auto anyway so it wouldn't benefit me. Battery life is crazy on this. I have been 14 hours and I'm around 20%. I watched a little Pluto Tv today and mostly went into every setting. My S7 which hasn't been used at all today is at 45%. That doesn't even make sense. My Microsoft phone which I used a little today is at 52%.

I don't care about the cert. Have you ever dropped a Galaxy of any kind without a case. OnePlus has a small following and there are people still using the fist one. The 6T is my first.

I have 256GB internal storage 8GB ram and the Snapdragon 845 chipset... I have OneDrive as well which is 1TB of cloud storage. Is this like your only computer or something. I mean I have a Surface, a desktop and a few laptops. I don't have my life on my phone. How much space you need?

I haven't played with the Note 9 yet, which OnePlus might have something else then as well, but for now, yep, its better for me.

2 months ago '05        #11
white-chocolate 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,906 | Props total: 1843 1843
i'm sure why everyone still complains over the head jack anymore..
blue tooth headphones are more convenient then having wired headphones that get caught on sh*t.. now a days u can get BT headphones cheap too..
i got some powerbeats 3 for $149 before.. no issues.. use them for the gym.. use them at work and sometimes at home

2 months ago '15        #12
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$593 | Props total: 573 573
 Kush Charasi said

i could MAYBE see the no headphone jack being an issue but who listens to music thru the headphone jack while your phone is plugged in? you can get a usb-c 3.5mm headphone dongle for a couple dollars.

no wireless charging, ip certification or expandable storage tho? who cares. google photos is like $3 a month for 100gb of storage on top of the 256 you get on the phone.
get a waterproof case.
wireless charging is the most pointless sh*t ever imo. why charge your phone wirelessly for 3 hours when you can plug it in and it be done in half the time and be able to move around with it a little bit. just stupid to me.

2 months ago '07        #13
iswerve 171 heat pts171
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11689 11689
that pic in the op looking more legit...apparently its the infinity o display

2 months ago '14        #14
Greenghost2212 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,617 | Props total: 1257 1257
 bw5011 said
OnePlus 6T

I'm team moto but that 1+ looks s3xy as hell.
+1   

2 months ago '06        #15
sj808 
space
space
space
$561 | Props total: 706 706
People complaining about no headphone jack in 2018 is crazy.

2 months ago '14        #16
Greenghost2212 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,617 | Props total: 1257 1257
 sj808 said
People complaining about no headphone jack in 2018 is crazy.
Because Bluetooth headphones aren't the majority my n*gga. Most of the world still uses regular headphones.

Home      

most viewed right now
+205online now  11
Image(s) inside Pretty Girl Issues Is TOP Heavy!
75 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-17online now  9
Hoodrich Pablo Juan robbed again left naked in the streets in Atlanta
372 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside The View speak on that Gillette commercial
67 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  8
Article inside Apple Getting Flabby & Desperate - Introducing: the Apple Big Butt B..
36 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  7
Jan 16 - Navy Captain relieved of duty for hiring 10 prostitutes
45 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  6
Image(s) inside LMAO: Gay Rap LHH Superstar "Bobby Lytes" Get Jumped At 7 11 By The 71..
30 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+59online now  6
One Deleted Killmonger Line Changed 'Black Panther's Entire Ending
91 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+110online now  4
Video inside Big Drako aka New Nas Soulja boy breakfast club interview