online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Just Now Noticing This In The Animated Street Fighter Movie

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

5 years ago '17        #1
2234 page views
0 comments

Nappy Gilmore  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16837 16 K  Slaps total: 1315 1 K
icon Just Now Noticing This In The Animated Street Fighter Movie

I’m watching this sh*t at work and all of a sudden I see a split second of gold and blue lettering. It’s the scene where Ken is driving on the highway and almost crashes with a semi, I rewind and sure enough

So this led me to hit the trivia tab (for all my amazon prime heads) and I’ll be damned if it ain’t a whole list of Easter eggs I never even knew existed and I been watching this sh*t since I was a kid

character Fei Long is voiced by Breaking Bad actor Bryan Cranston, however his name is not seen in the credits. His name is replaced by Phill Williams, for voice actor union legalities.
emoji

During the scene where Ryu travels to India, a mysterious man wearing a dark gray-blue karate-gi that looks similar to Ryu and Ken's karate uniform who is known by the name of Akuma (also known by the name of Gouki in Japan, Asia, South America and Australia) as he makes first film debut and cameo appearance by sitting beside a wall and selling fruit in Calcutta. Akuma/Gouki is one of the antagonists to the Street Fighter franchise who made his debut in the fourth edition to Street Fighter II: The World Warrior [1991] titled Super Street Fighter II Turbo [1994] (known as Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge in Japan, Asia, South America and Australia) as a hidden boss and a secret character in the game to the CP System-II.

The monitor cyborg's visual printout lists Chun Li's master as "B.Lee". This is a reference to Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee is also an inspiration to the Hong Kong street fighter Fei Long.

During the scene where Ken has a flashback of Ryu saving his life while driving Eliza home, Eliza interrupts Ken as he evades from an incoming truck with the Capcom logo on the side. Capcom is the creator of the Street Fighter franchise [1987-?].

In the film, there is mention of a United States Presidential Candidate by the name of "Ed Pressman". This is a reference to 'Edward R. Pressman', producer of the live action Street Fighter (1994).

During the scene where Chun-Li is describing Bison's head troops their Japanese names are shown on the profiles. Balrog is referred to as Bison and Vega as Balrog.

In a rare instance of an animated movie cutting out a completely finished animated sequence, Capcom decided to leave out a moment where Sagat had Ryu clinched by the neck and was delivering repeated knee strikes during their first fight. It was thought by the director that even though the knee strikes were a very common Muay Thai move, that Sagat was so large and so muscular that each knee strike would break Ryu's arms, and so it was taken out. You can still see this sequence in the trailer for the Japanese laserdisc release that is included as a supplement on most all Dvd and Bluray releases for the film.

When Ken takes the exit to the harbor, a Chevy van passes by with plates stating it to be from "crupr0nia".
egg

https://m.imdb.com/title/ .. 0114563/trivia
+15   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+439
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+346
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+523
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish