online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

I married my best friend’s dad — and now I’m her stepmom

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

5 years ago '11        #1
4896 page views
0 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x69
Props total: 224154 224 K  Slaps total: 29457 29 K
icon I married my best friend’s dad — and now I’m her stepmom

A 27-year-old woman married her best friend’s dad who’s twice her age.

Taylor, 27, and Kern Lehman, 52, met through Kern’s daughter, Amanda, 30. It was love at first sight.

“I thought he was very handsome,” Taylor, who’s from Ph0enix, Arizona, told Caters News Agency. “When we first met, I worked with Kern’s daughter, she was my best friend and he was married at the time. I was also in a relationship.”

Initially, Taylor had some reservations about dating her friend’s father, but she says over time she had “gotten over that.” The couple married in May.

“At the beginning, my parents were kind of concerned, my mom was upset that this was my friend’s dad, but they know I’ve always dated older men,” she said. Now Amanda and their families approve of their marriage.

Strangers have noticed the couple’s 25-year age difference. When they closed on their new home, the notary told Kern, “Your daughter can fill this out or sign here.”

But that doesn’t seem to bother Taylor, who likens her May-December romance to Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas, who have a similar age gap.

“[Zeta-Jones is] brunette and he has silver hair, like us, but Kern is way better looking than Michael Douglas,” she said. “People have told us … that we are a very striking couple.”

And besides, she says, their attraction is more than skin-deep.

“But, we hit it off, we like the same music and are both old souls. I fell in love with him for his personality, it made him so attractive to me,” she said. “He is fun, outgoing, we both like to party, and he was charming.”

When it comes to the future, they’ve had to talk about the possibility of Kern dying first.

“We met with a trust and will attorney, it’s something not a lot of mid-20s women have to deal with and it’s pretty hard,” Taylor said. “But who knows what will happen. Tomorrow is never promised. I could go first tomorrow by a freak accident or anything.”

And they have no plans for having kids.

“Why would I want to change at that part of his life, honestly I love my life, we enjoy the freedom of traveling and having fun together,” she said.

And Kern, a retiree, says people shouldn’t judge their age gap.

“If it makes you happy and you click, it’s nobody’s business but yours and if people want to be judgmental, the hell with them,” he said. “Leave them in their gla$s house.”

https://nypost.com/2018/1 .. m-her-stepmom/
+12   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
99 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props-278
Image(s) inside The difference between a 30 year old in the 80s vs 2024
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+827
Image(s) inside Damn she living like that
125 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside What happened to 1994 atl cold case murdered pulled over in traffic
9 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop