online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Nicki Minaj "Fought" For 6ix9ine To Do VMAs But He Wasn't Approved

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

6 years ago '15        #1
4752 page views
0 comments

Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x206
Props total: 163746 163 K  Slaps total: 20061 20 K
Nicki Minaj "Fought" For 6ix9ine To Do VMAs But He Wasn't Approved

“When I know somebody, you can’t tell me anything about them.”

If she had it her way, Nicki Minaj's performance at the VMAs Monday night would have featured controversial rapper 6ix9ine. As Fader points out, in episode 4 of Queen Radio, Nicki revealed that she had planned to perform 6ix9ine's hit "FeFe" along with him, but despite fighting to have him involved, he was not approved to do the show.

"I wanted him to perform with me at the VMAs and somewhere along the line he didn't get approved to perform by the powers that be," she said. "I don't want anyone to think for a second that I wouldn't invite him to perform his hit record. I want everyone to know my character. I really fought... When I know somebody there's nothing you can tell me about them."

Nicki's performance did feature her verse from "FeFe" as well as other songs from her recently released fourth studio album Queen.

Earlier this week, Nicki Minaj seemed to react to an article from Pitchfork which criticized her for working with 6ix9ine due to the rapper pleading guilty to three felony counts of "use of a child in a s3xual performance" in 2015.

"FeFe," 6ix9ine's collaboration with Nicki, is currently at No. 4 on the Hot 100, peaking at No. 3 earlier this month. It is both Nicki's highest-charting song of 2018 and 6ix9ine's highest-charting song of his career. Last week, Nicki added the song as the 20th track on her album Queen multiple days after the project's release.

The latest episode of Queen radio also found Nicki continuing to criticize Travis Scott for using what she feels were unfair tactics to sell records.
 https://www.hotnewhiphop. .. ews.57868.html

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+8111
Image(s) inside Damn she living like that
125 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props-274
Image(s) inside The difference between a 30 year old in the 80s vs 2024
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Mar 17 - Niger Ends Cooperation with US Military and Requests It to Leave
35 comments
2 days ago
@news