Facebook to banks: give us our users' financial data and we'll let them bank with Facebook

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 months ago '16        #1
3402 page views
46 comments

00010111 92 heat pts92
space
space
$3,576 | Props total: 13659 13659
Facebook to banks: give us our users' financial data and we'll let them bank with Facebook

Facebook wants to "deepen user engagement" with Messenger, and to that end, it's been pitching America's giant banks on joint enterprises where Facebook will get to see all your financial info (especially info on where you're shopping and what you're buying) to help it suck you into using Messenger for longer.

In return, Facebook offered to let the banks do business through its platform, allowing Facebook users to transact business and manage their finance through Facebook Messenger.

However, it promised the banks that the financial data they turned over wouldn't be shared with third parties.

The news that Facebook might be able to access all this financial data resulted in a massive share-price surge, with shares up 3.5%, recovering much of the ground lost during Facebook's share-price bloodbath last month.

Facebook has told banks that the additional customer information could be used to offer services that might entice users to spend more time on Messenger, a person familiar with the discussions said. The company is trying to deepen user engagement: Investors shaved more than $120 billion from its market value in one day last month after it said its growth is starting to slow.

Facebook said it wouldn’t use the bank data for ad-targeting purposes or share it with third parties.

“We don’t use purchase data from banks or credit card companies for ads,” said spokeswoman Elisabeth Diana. “We also don’t have special relationships, partnerships, or contracts with banks or credit-card companies to use their customers’ purchase data for ads.”

visit this link https://boingboing.net/20 .. capitalis.html

46 comments for "Facebook to banks: give us our users' financial data and we'll let them bank with Facebook"

4 months ago '04        #2
Mike T 164 heat pts164
space
space
$15,717 | Props total: 28325 28325
Ain't stopping until he hit a trillion

4 months ago '07        #3
DIPSET101 30 heat pts30
space
space
$11,032 | Props total: 13872 13872
zucks doing too much now

4 months ago '12        #4
acefresh 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,654 | Props total: 26520 26520
So they'll know what you think, what you do, where you go, when you go, who you go with, who your family is, who your friends are, what your interests are, what your dislikes are, habits, pet peeves, love interests, and now also how much money you have, how u spend, what you buy, and where you buy it.........all this data being extrapolated by super computers so they can essentially make you do whatever they want by highly targeted advertisements via psychological manipulation based on a thorough understanding of your wants, desires, and ticks.

If you stil have a Facebook, youre a fu*king idiot.
+2   

4 months ago '10        #5
ineedmusic23 2 heat pts
space
space
$939 | Props total: 491 491
I truly only use FB to find events the homies are going to or that are in my area. Outside of that FB is just a time waster. I WILL NOT give FB my financial information after that bullsh*t they pulled a few months ago

4 months ago '16        #6
postemupndunkit 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,026 | Props total: 20027 20027
lmaooooooooooooooooooo

zuckerberg gonna get himself jammed up

he gotta chill

financial institutions are UNTOUCHABLE

he's gonna get himself into situation that only death will part him from

4 months ago '04        #7
nwking 52 heat pts52
space
space
$4,016 | Props total: 4905 4905
I don't have Facebook, IG, or Twitter. I think my Myspace account is on the web somewhere though...Boxden all day though
+1   

4 months ago '06        #8
realgunta 829 heat pts829
space
space
$25,880 | Props total: 42813 42813
nah im good

4 months ago '05        #9
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,564 | Props total: 4244 4244
Hell nah. You got to be one stupid motherfu*ker to use this sh*t. Just asking for your account to get hacked and cleaned out no thanks.

4 months ago '16        #10
TomDick&Harry 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,454 | Props total: 8010 8010
NWO. If you think Zuckerberg really owns Facebook

Btw. Your Email service already does this. With your email transaction/confirmation receipts and notifications.

Last edited by TomDick&Harry; 08-08-2018 at 08:29 AM..

4 months ago '08        #11
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,775 | Props total: 5629 5629
 acefresh said
So they'll know what you think, what you do, where you go, when you go, who you go with, who your family is, who your friends are, what your interests are, what your dislikes are, habits, pet peeves, love interests, and now also how much money you have, how u spend, what you buy, and where you buy it.........all this data being extrapolated by super computers so they can essentially make you do whatever they want by highly targeted advertisements via psychological manipulation based on a thorough understanding of your wants, desires, and ticks.

If you stil have a Facebook, youre a fu*king idiot.
That sh*t that makes your soul burn slow

4 months ago '18        #12
BrooklynDamien 
space
space
$1,239 | Props total: 5345 5345
So people still on fb huh? I had no idea

4 months ago '05        #13
theking08 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,417 | Props total: 564 564
I'm not sure if ya'll hip on Black Mirror but I saw an episode yesterday that showed if every aspect of our life was controlled by a Facebook like system. And you were given ratings for everything. It was crazy!! but we def heading in that direction

4 months ago '17        #14
Its 
space
space
space
$1,960 | Props total: 2996 2996
Illuminati confirmed

4 months ago '17        #15
Its 
space
space
space
$1,960 | Props total: 2996 2996
Im n fb jail rn
Think I'll stay gone
Wasn't feeling all those "how you die " "what if you were the opposite s3x" and "who's your best friend" bullsh*ts either. They stay fishing for personal thoughts and info
This is 1984, straight up

4 months ago '06        #16
Storchaveli 102 heat pts102
space
space
$28,743 | Props total: 7363 7363
fu*k Facebook and fu*k Zuckerberg.

4 months ago '15        #17
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$19,702 | Props total: 24196 24196
 theking08 said
I'm not sure if ya'll hip on Black Mirror but I saw an episode yesterday that showed if every aspect of our life was controlled by a Facebook like system. And you were given ratings for everything. It was crazy!! but we def heading in that direction
Bruh that show is genius. So ahead of its time, check out the white Christmas episode

4 months ago '14        #18
Mutant Boy 130 heat pts130
space
space
$25,497 | Props total: 16890 16890
Annnnnnnnnd another reason why not to have Facebook.

4 months ago '13        #19
dtdroid 151 heat pts151
space
space
$23,998 | Props total: 34827 34827
 postemupndunkit said
lmaooooooooooooooooooo

zuckerberg gonna get himself jammed up

he gotta chill

financial institutions are UNTOUCHABLE

he's gonna get himself into situation that only death will part him from
He's not opposing the banks; he's allowing the banks to use his platform to conduct their business through facebook

Reading is fundamental

4 months ago '05        #20
klew 229 heat pts229
space
space
$9,989 | Props total: 2842 2842
I send money through the Facebook messenger. It's all I use it for. I don't even use my Facebook. It's instant and it works great. Just like "garage sales" went digital through Offerup to name one company, so has the way we lend and send money. Its convenient for me because I'm always giving my mom money. Instead of going to the bank and withdrawing money I'm sending it directly to her account in an instant

I'm sending money using my phone. I'm paying for items at the store with my phone. I even open my front door with my phone. Crazy stuff

4 months ago '16        #21
Karen 152 heat pts152
space
space
$6,382 | Props total: 10125 10125
They do the same with ig

Stay woke

4 months ago '16        #22
postemupndunkit 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,026 | Props total: 20027 20027
 dtdroid said
He's not opposing the banks; he's allowing the banks to use his platform to conduct their business through facebook

Reading is fundamental
I completely understand.

I'm using CONTEXT based on how invasive their data mining practices are, coupled with doing business with financial institutions can be a recipe for disaster.

You are always so quick to be dumb.

It's like you cant resist it.

4 months ago '04        #23
Youngporter 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,013 | Props total: 630 630
 theking08 said
Funny you said that sh*t. I was my philosophy class and a dude from China said that there is. System like that already in place in China. Plus the media can only report 10 percent of a story to promote peace in the country. My classmate was on a train and 20 people died the the media was saying only 2

4 months ago '13        #24
dtdroid 151 heat pts151
space
space
$23,998 | Props total: 34827 34827
 postemupndunkit said
I completely understand.

I'm using CONTEXT based on how invasive their data mining practices are, coupled with doing business with financial institutions can be a recipe for disaster.

You are always so quick to be dumb.

It's like you cant resist it.
The fact that you used the phrase "financial institutions are UNTOUCHABLE" indicates you believed Zuckerberg was competing against these banks instead of working with them. Why not just read three sentences of the article?

4 months ago '04        #25
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,558 | Props total: 2044 2044
No way in hell would I give them my banking info. They doing way too much now.

Home      

most viewed right now
+34online now  36
Image(s) inside LMAO:LA Legend BIG BOY IS ETHERING Blueface To His FACE & Take Shade A..
119 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+59online now  26
Image(s) inside Tall Sierra Leonean beauty 😍
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+72online now  21
Image(s) inside Angela Simmons
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside James Gunn made another movie & the concept looks fun, kinda scary and ..
38 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+278online now  17
Image(s) inside How COULD JAY Z LET THIS HAPPEN To His HOMETOWN ???
225 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+39online now  9
Image(s) inside Adult Film Great Bella Bellz
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  9
NBA ANDREW WIGGINS just made TIMBERWOLVES FRANCHISE HISTORY :mjdamn: