Facebook to banks: give us our users' financial data and we'll let them bank with Facebook

sponsored links

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '16        #1
2970 page views
45 comments

00010111 80 heat pts80
space
space
$2,956 | Props total: 11331 11331
Facebook to banks: give us our users' financial data and we'll let them bank with Facebook

Facebook wants to "deepen user engagement" with Messenger, and to that end, it's been pitching America's giant banks on joint enterprises where Facebook will get to see all your financial info (especially info on where you're shopping and what you're buying) to help it suck you into using Messenger for longer.

In return, Facebook offered to let the banks do business through its platform, allowing Facebook users to transact business and manage their finance through Facebook Messenger.

However, it promised the banks that the financial data they turned over wouldn't be shared with third parties.

The news that Facebook might be able to access all this financial data resulted in a massive share-price surge, with shares up 3.5%, recovering much of the ground lost during Facebook's share-price bloodbath last month.

Facebook has told banks that the additional customer information could be used to offer services that might entice users to spend more time on Messenger, a person familiar with the discussions said. The company is trying to deepen user engagement: Investors shaved more than $120 billion from its market value in one day last month after it said its growth is starting to slow.

Facebook said it wouldn’t use the bank data for ad-targeting purposes or share it with third parties.

“We don’t use purchase data from banks or credit card companies for ads,” said spokeswoman Elisabeth Diana. “We also don’t have special relationships, partnerships, or contracts with banks or credit-card companies to use their customers’ purchase data for ads.”

visit this link https://boingboing.net/20 .. capitalis.html
hot topic and 2 others gave props

Homer Pimpson and 7 others slapped this ish

45 comments for "Facebook to banks: give us our users' financial data and we'll let them bank with Facebook"
 2 weeks ago '04        #2
Mike T 151 heat pts151
space
space
$14,706 | Props total: 25056 25056
Ain't stopping until he hit a trillion
Alpallday and 6 others gave props

Ghostface Killa slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '07        #3
DIPSET101 30 heat pts30
space
space
$10,580 | Props total: 11985 11985
zucks doing too much now
OfficialJihad and 16 others gave props

2 weeks ago '12        #4
acefresh 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,486 | Props total: 20638 20638
So they'll know what you think, what you do, where you go, when you go, who you go with, who your family is, who your friends are, what your interests are, what your dislikes are, habits, pet peeves, love interests, and now also how much money you have, how u spend, what you buy, and where you buy it.........all this data being extrapolated by super computers so they can essentially make you do whatever they want by highly targeted advertisements via psychological manipulation based on a thorough understanding of your wants, desires, and ticks.

If you stil have a Facebook, youre a fu*king idiot.
TonyCartagena and 84 others gave props

Magnificent Phoenix|m slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '10        #5
ineedmusic23 2 heat pts
space
space
$933 | Props total: 478 478
I truly only use FB to find events the homies are going to or that are in my area. Outside of that FB is just a time waster. I WILL NOT give FB my financial information after that bullsh*t they pulled a few months ago
acefresh and 6 others gave props

2 weeks ago '16        #6
postemupndunkit 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,426 | Props total: 13617 13617
lmaooooooooooooooooooo

zuckerberg gonna get himself jammed up

he gotta chill

financial institutions are UNTOUCHABLE

he's gonna get himself into situation that only death will part him from
realgunta and 3 others gave props

dtdroid slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '04        #7
nwking 35 heat pts35
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 4019 4019
I don't have Facebook, IG, or Twitter. I think my Myspace account is on the web somewhere though...Boxden all day though
realgunta and 25 others gave props

2 weeks ago '06        #8
realgunta 777 heat pts777
space
space
$24,297 | Props total: 34244 34244
nah im good
Its and 6 others gave props

2 weeks ago '05        #9
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,231 | Props total: 3246 3246
Hell nah. You got to be one stupid motherfu*ker to use this sh*t. Just asking for your account to get hacked and cleaned out no thanks.
yungsavage05 gave props

2 weeks ago '16        #10
TomDick&Harry 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,938 | Props total: 6676 6676
NWO. If you think Zuckerberg really owns Facebook

Btw. Your Email service already does this. With your email transaction/confirmation receipts and notifications.

Last edited by TomDick&Harry; 08-08-2018 at 07:29 AM..
young shiz and 20 others gave props

2 weeks ago '08        #11
flav 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,613 | Props total: 4077 4077
 acefresh said:
So they'll know what you think, what you do, where you go, when you go, who you go with, who your family is, who your friends are, what your interests are, what your dislikes are, habits, pet peeves, love interests, and now also how much money you have, how u spend, what you buy, and where you buy it.........all this data being extrapolated by super computers so they can essentially make you do whatever they want by highly targeted advertisements via psychological manipulation based on a thorough understanding of your wants, desires, and ticks.

If you stil have a Facebook, youre a fu*king idiot.
That sh*t that makes your soul burn slow

acefresh and 2 others gave props

2 weeks ago '18        #12
BrooklynDamien 
space
space
$345 | Props total: 1961 1961
So people still on fb huh? I had no idea
acefresh gave props

Game375 slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '05        #13
theking08 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,369 | Props total: 511 511
I'm not sure if ya'll hip on Black Mirror but I saw an episode yesterday that showed if every aspect of our life was controlled by a Facebook like system. And you were given ratings for everything. It was crazy!! but we def heading in that direction
Mr Robot and 8 others gave props

2 weeks ago '17        #14
Its 
space
space
space
$1,270 | Props total: 1767 1767
Illuminati confirmed
 2 weeks ago '17        #15
Its 
space
space
space
$1,270 | Props total: 1767 1767
Im n fb jail rn
Think I'll stay gone
Wasn't feeling all those "how you die " "what if you were the opposite s3x" and "who's your best friend" bullsh*ts either. They stay fishing for personal thoughts and info
This is 1984, straight up
t from the 617 and 2 others gave props

2 weeks ago '06        #16
Storchaveli 99 heat pts99
space
space
$28,510 | Props total: 6416 6416
fu*k Facebook and fu*k Zuckerberg.
500nd59 and 3 others gave props

2 weeks ago '15        #17
Hellmatic 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,645 | Props total: 20679 20679
 theking08 said:
I'm not sure if ya'll hip on Black Mirror but I saw an episode yesterday that showed if every aspect of our life was controlled by a Facebook like system. And you were given ratings for everything. It was crazy!! but we def heading in that direction
Bruh that show is genius. So ahead of its time, check out the white Christmas episode
 2 weeks ago '14        #18
Mutant Boy 123 heat pts123
space
space
$23,917 | Props total: 13958 13958
Annnnnnnnnd another reason why not to have Facebook.
 2 weeks ago '13        #19
dtdroid 139 heat pts139
space
space
$22,196 | Props total: 31982 31982
 postemupndunkit said:
lmaooooooooooooooooooo

zuckerberg gonna get himself jammed up

he gotta chill

financial institutions are UNTOUCHABLE

he's gonna get himself into situation that only death will part him from
He's not opposing the banks; he's allowing the banks to use his platform to conduct their business through facebook

Reading is fundamental
six1twan gave props

2 weeks ago '05        #20
klew 228 heat pts228
space
space
$9,838 | Props total: 2454 2454
I send money through the Facebook messenger. It's all I use it for. I don't even use my Facebook. It's instant and it works great. Just like "garage sales" went digital through Offerup to name one company, so has the way we lend and send money. Its convenient for me because I'm always giving my mom money. Instead of going to the bank and withdrawing money I'm sending it directly to her account in an instant

I'm sending money using my phone. I'm paying for items at the store with my phone. I even open my front door with my phone. Crazy stuff
miamisports gave props

slim_d20 and 2 others slapped this ish

Home      

sponsored links

most viewed right now
Video inside Punjabi Indian THOT Thinks She Look Like Rihanna... But Do She???
70 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cardi B kicks Nicki while she’s down
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside McDonalds new French Toast McGriddles Breakfast Sandwich
28 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Aug 17 - New MoviePass Plan: Buy A Ticket Then Go See Whatever You Want
44 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Who Is Bx Favorite Thot?
75 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Rare Breeds PPV Press Conference: Murda Mook vs Aye Verb (Battle Rap)
451 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Aug 17 - She tried to blow her brains out, now has to get face transpl..
95 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dave Chappelle At An Illuminati Bake Sale :tinfoiliseeyou:
35 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy