online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Nicole Kidman and Margot Robbie Join Charlize Theron in Fox News Scandal Movie

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

6 years ago '06        #1
118 page views
0 comments

Tiger King  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 152912 152 K  Slaps total: 29779 29 K
Nicole Kidman and Margot Robbie Join Charlize Theron in Fox News Scandal Movie

I never thought I’d be interested in anything having to do with Fox News, but damn it, Annapurna Pictures is piquing my interest by putting together a terrific cast for one of its upcoming films. Annapurna is making a Fox News scandal movie about the female employees who took down former news chief Roger Ailes, and now Nicole Kidman (Big Little Lies) and Margot Robbie (I, Tonya) have joined the previously-cast Charlize Theron. Read on to find out who they’ll be playing.

In May, we learned that Theron will be playing former Fox News host Megyn Kelly, but today, Variety reports that Kidman will play former anchor Gretchen Carlson and The Hollywood Reporter says Robbie is on board playing a fictional associate producer character. Per Variety:

The film will tell the story of the ensemble of women who took on the toxic male culture of Fox News and helped depose its chief architect. Carlson played a key role in this story as she was the first female to file a s3xual harassment against Ailes after she was fired.

Jay Roach, who has plenty of experience directing real-life political stories with movies like Game Change and Recount under his belt, is behind the camera on this one. The script for the still-untitled feature is written by Charles Randolph, the Oscar-winning co-writer of Adam McKay’s The Big Short.

Ailes, who amassed a huge amount of political power by turning Fox News into the dominant cable news empire it is today, was forced to resign in 2016 due to multiple accusations of s3xual misconduct. Carlson filed a lawsuit against him for s3xual harassment, Kelly said Ailes made unwanted s3xual advances toward her in the early days of her career, and more women came forward with similar claims after that.

THR says that other characters expected to appear in this film are former host Greta Van Susteren, media mogul Rupert Murdoch, and fired host Bill O’Reilly. None of the men have been cast yet, including Ailes, so it’ll be interesting to see which actors are willing to sign up and make themselves look like monsters in this project.

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments