squad up!

KIA Stinger versus BMW

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '16        #1
1953 page views
37 comments

Aztlan 67 heat pts67
space
space
$10,276 | Props total: 25434 25434
KIA Stinger versus BMW

Kia has scored a notable victory with the Kia Stinger, a high-performance sedan from a brand better known for affordable four-doors and SUVs.

The Stinger was the toast of the auto-show circuit in 2017. I first sampled the all-wheel-drive GT2 version of the car in California in early 2018. This $52,000 machine, with a 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6 making a tasty 365 horsepower and 376 pound-feet of yummy torque, completely captivated me as I drove around the Bay Area.

Later, I enjoyed the same car in the New York/New Jersey area and was equally impressed. So was my colleague, Ben Zhang, who took his first crack at the Stinger.

We haven't yet tested the base four-cylinder trim, priced at $32,000. But I just finished enjoying the rear-wheel-drive GT2, which clocked in at about $50,000. Full review coming later, but suffice it say that as much as I was ga-ga over the AWD Stinger, first-impressions aren't everything; the more classically configured RWD GT2 is THE ONE. I just wanted to drive it, and drive it, and then drive it some more, and then have dreams about driving it.

I'm not usually this thorough taken by a car, but the Stinger combines style, value, performance, and versatility is such a brilliant way that all bets are off. Particularly when you consider that you can get the marvelous V6 in basic GT package for an astounding $38,350.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

Stinger vs M3: Stinger wins on price, loses on power.

Stinger vs M4: See above.

Stinger vs. M2: Competitive! The M2 is a stunning Bimmer. But the Stinger has four doors.

Stinger vs. M240i: Stinger wins on power, but the M240i is a great value in BMWs. I'd take the Stinger, though.

Stinger vs. 5-Series: The 5-Series is a legend, but the Stinger is more fun to drive.

Stinger vs. 3-Series plug-in hybrid: Not a very good head-to-head because the Stinger is vastly more fun to drive. The Stinger's instruments and infotainment are also better designed.

As the Stinger has made it way into automotive consciousness, it's increasingly being thought of as occupying a unique niche: going up against the BMW 3-Series, but with a much friskier attitude and better pricing.

The closest thing to this idea is actually no longer with us: Pontiac, the General Motors brand that was k!lled after the financial crisis. In fact, late in Pontiac's life, the brand sold a re-badged Australian Holden in the US, the G8 GT, that had a 361-horsepower V8 under the hood and matched up nicely against the Stinger.

Here's the thing, though. If you want exhilarating performance at a compelling price, with a premium if not luxurious interior and excellent versatility, the segment-of-one Stinger is an excellent BMW alternative.

Do I think BMW will lose sales to Kia? Maybe a few on the margins. Bimmer doesn't have much to worry about. But there's no question that the smart money is going to take a closer look at the Stinger.

visit this link Full Article

37 comments for "KIA Stinger versus BMW"

3 months ago '04        #2
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$5,051 | Props total: 2586 2586
"best bang for the buck" is usually be found in up & comers so it's not much of a surprise

anything "premium" will never pass the test for value. that extra 20hp on your already crazy 600hp whip will cost you an arm and a leg under the disguise of some comp pack or whatever. that will make no sense to people that are looking for value

that's why i dont get the point of comparisons like this. they dont serve the same kind of customers

3 months ago '13        #3
3nl1ght3ned 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,405 | Props total: 6320 6320
No one is cross shopping a Kia stinger with an m3 lol

article is retarded

Last edited by 3nl1ght3ned; 07-22-2018 at 09:14 PM..

3 months ago '10        #4
GBREEZE 275 heat pts275
space
space
$12,916 | Props total: 10594 10594
Bro it's a fu*kin kia... it wouldn't matter if it was 700 hp

3 months ago '16        #5
FlyinIron 
space
space
$5,908 | Props total: 13797 13797
50 grand for that Kia

3 months ago '04        #6
Duntaz 67 heat pts67
space
space
$15,832 | Props total: 11025 11025
I appreciate kias efforts and I'm not one to judge just off of name but...Kia need to stay in their price lane.

3 months ago '05        #7
white-chocolate 126 heat pts126
space
space
$15,826 | Props total: 1663 1663
haha someone older lady in my town has one of these Kia's..
such a confusing looking car in persion..
it catches your attention then you see its a Kia and has some really random cosmetic's it makes you laugh for 50k

3 months ago '10        #8
ColeWorld 45 heat pts45
space
space
$11,317 | Props total: 3051 3051
What a joke, you’re better off getting any used car Bimmer, Camaro, Challenger, STI, whatever for the price of that Kia. God knows the issues it’ll cost down the road. Kia really finessing folks.

3 months ago '13        #9
space
space
 Duntaz said
I appreciate kias efforts and I'm not one to judge just off of name but...Kia need to stay in their price lane.
I do too, but I honestly feel like they should've released the stinger under the genesis brand as a two door coupe. They should use a tweaked version of the v6 twin turbo used in the g80, having it making around 400hp to distance itself from the sedan.

I don't have a problem with the price tag tbh, but the kia badge depreciates the car by 15k right off the bat.

They got a lot of balls though, I'll give em that.

Last edited by 3nl1ght3ned; 07-23-2018 at 12:16 AM..

3 months ago '04        #10
Duntaz 67 heat pts67
space
space
 3nl1ght3ned said
I do too, but I honestly feel like they should've released the stinger under the genesis brand as a two door coupe. They should use a tweaked version of the v6 twin turbo used in the g80, having it making around 400hp to distance itself from the sedan.

I don't have a problem with the price tag tbh, but the kia badge depreciates the car by 15k right off the bat.

They need to change to an animal symbol like mustang, dodge, jag or something

3 months ago '11        #11
Grizzab 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,180 | Props total: 752 752
 3nl1ght3ned said

they did exactly that with the new G70 lol

3 months ago '18        #12
wasabi206 
space
space
space
$100 | Props total: 124 124
Might be worth getting a used one in a couple years when people return the lease.

3 months ago '09        #13
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,158 | Props total: 1106 1106
If you don't get caught up in brand it's a great car. My neighbor has one it looks good and the interior is clean.

3 months ago '12        #14
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$11,061 | Props total: 988 988
Kia stinger is a dope car

3 months ago '04        #15
JayR04 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,543 | Props total: 7769 7769
Stupid article. Why compare one car to a whole brand?

3 months ago '13        #16
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
$14,478 | Props total: 22247 22247
 Duntaz said
The Stinger is a resounding success though, so why should they "stay in their price lane"? Solid sales and praise from reviewers/ users alike should be a good indications that the expansion of their "price lane" was fruitful.

3 months ago '13        #17
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 ColeWorld said
What a joke, you’re better off getting any used car Bimmer, Camaro, Challenger, STI, whatever for the price of that Kia. God knows the issues it’ll cost down the road. Kia really finessing folks.
The irony is that Kia is ranked higher than Chevy, BMW, and Subaru in reliability by JD Power. Kias are solid af.

3 months ago '04        #18
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,881 | Props total: 618 618
damn a lotta hate in this thread for an econo car company making a pretty good performance sports car....

at 1 point nissan was among the worst cars you could get... now people are hyping infiniti in this thread as a direct comparison.

also... how are people confused at them comparing it with bmw? --- the point is to show the performance comparison --- that kia. yeah kia. fuccking kia made a good sports car. the stinger is not an altima or a civic comparable.

and why vs so many model bmw's? well damn bmw and the euros decided to make 50 different models so that you got 5 different size subclasses just to sell anything to anyone. like their cars come in fitted cap sizing now lol.

the real value is what these will be going for used obviously not msrp sticker... and you'll probably be able to get deals on them new.

would I buy 1? no. but I'm picky and don't like most new cars.... but the more innovation and competition especially for rear wheel drive cars is important. rear wheel drive sedans as well are more limited now.

for their 1st try - they k!lled it. very, very impressive. Hyundai/Kia stepped up their quality fast - less than a decade.

what if in 5 years they make something that compares to a GTR --- but for half the cost?

3 months ago '04        #19
Duntaz 67 heat pts67
space
space
 SimpinAintEz said
The Stinger is a resounding success though, so why should they "stay in their price lane"? Solid sales and praise from reviewers/ users alike should be a good indications that the expansion of their "price lane" was fruitful.
You sound offended

3 months ago '13        #20
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 Duntaz said
You sound offended
I sound accurate. You sound inaccurate.

3 months ago '04        #21
Duntaz 67 heat pts67
space
space
 SimpinAintEz said
I sound accurate. You sound inaccurate.
How the fu*k is an "my opinion" inaccurate? You act like I came in here stating statics. I could care less who bought it or didn't buy it. Generally speaking most people will choose otherwise with the options you have in that price range.

3 months ago '13        #22
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 Duntaz said
How the fu*k is an "my opinion" inaccurate? You act like I came in here stating statics. I could care less who bought it or didn't buy it. Generally speaking most people will choose otherwise with the options you have in that price range.
You sound offended. Your subjective opinion is inaccurate because the objective facts reflect otherwise.

3 months ago '13        #23
space
space
 SimpinAintEz said
The irony is that Kia is ranked higher than Chevy, BMW, and Subaru in reliability by JD Power. Kias are solid af.

no one is disputing that though

3 months ago '06        #24
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$5,370 | Props total: 2670 2670
 3nl1ght3ned said

This is it right here...it needed to be released on a different brand. Everyone will look at the brand Kia in the end and discredit it automatically. If they are going for this price range they NEED to rebrand.

3 months ago '13        #25
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 3nl1ght3ned said
no one is disputing that though
Ole boy I responded to made reference to how the Kia was going to have all kinds of problems that need fixing down the road and said that a BMW, Chevy, or Subaru would be better.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thot falls to death taking a selfie
62 comments
3 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside UH-OH: JAY-Z Pull UP On OFFSET FROM MIGOS & GOT HIM SHOOK BACKSTAGE fo..
61 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Wes Welker warns Brandon Lloyd about Aaron Hernandez's antics
52 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DRAKE'S EX MALIAH MICHEL claims SHE TOLD PUSHA T about BABY & SOPHIE PL..
99 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Oct 16 - Girl watches BF get "r@ped" at a haunted house
20 comments
2 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Be honest, do you want the top?
30 comments
2 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Melania Trump's spokesperson calls for boycott against T.I. after contr..
58 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Khabib is a legit hoe, trying to dodge Conor
86 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl so gorgeous you wouldn’t even feel bad to simp.
24 comments
2 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Google , Apple, and IBM no long require college education to work there
67 comments
3 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Netflix dropped one of the scariest series of all time
20 comments
2 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Frank Ntilikina Starting At The 3, Knox On Bench For Knicks
40 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
MMA White fighter Mike Perry drops the N-word again
10 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Asap Rocky on $100k bed and orgies
5 comments
1 hour ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 Video inside Kodak gets at Kim Kardashian’
3 comments
16 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Oct 16 - ugly creature fu-ked her teen student in classroom during pep..
2 comments
5 minutes ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside If you're African you're not black...
23 comments
3 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 16 - 12 Year Old, Playing Football, Dies after being electrocuted
16 comments
3 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside She let a devious dyke design her tattoo
0 comments
1 hour ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Drake wanted to carry Rihianna's Baby
20 comments
1 hour ago
@hiphop
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
pocketchange
DrizzyStan06
psq86
suavehooper
ovogoon
BLACK FIST
Flippa Huxtable
BigBallerLavar
Gang Sht
squirtofkahlua
Top 10 most slapped recently
TaxStoneCooked
suavehooper
DrizzyStan06
BlackDynamite
BigBallerLavar
Tim Jay
micropave
Stand Tall
Kliq
Papi

most viewed right now
online now  38
Image(s) inside More Cushion For The Pushin...
58 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  33
Dutch Watt Girl Impressed By Dutch Watt Girls Butt
61 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  30
Video inside This New TV Show Is The SH*T
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside Best look yet at Peter Parker’s new suit in ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home
58 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside Brazilian Puerto Rican Hybrid. I Almost Nutted Twice Making This Thread
90 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside Ella Mai addresses Jacquees situation
96 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside Rumor!!!! Avengers:Annihilation trailer description!!!
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Yella Beezy Was Shot 8 Times Early Morning; Rumored To Be Retaliation ..
279 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy