Article inside chick-fil-a officially the goat
106 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kim K gets ethered on twitter
88 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall remember Johnny blaze?
111 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
MMA Conor McGregor to retire from MMA after 3 more fights.
24 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '06        #1
1421 page views
51 comments

SM 39364 heat pts39364
space
space
space
$135,373 | Props total: 94098 94098
‘Man of Steel 2’ Would Have Shown a Less murderous Superman, Henry Cavill Says

Ah, the DC Extended Universe: a shared cinematic universe filled with coulda, shoulda beens. It had a bright start with 2013’s Man of Steel, a polarizing but by no means terrible film. From there, the DCEU has been a series of major misfires and occasional bright spots, leading to a team-up film that didn’t exactly do (ahem) justice to the comic book characters that inspired them.

But could things have turned out differently if Warner Bros. wasn’t so eager to kickstart its shared universe with Batman v Superman and had instead released Man of Steel 2 as planned? Perhaps, if Henry Cavill‘s latest interview about the long-gestating sequel means anything.

Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel introduced a darker Superman that alienated many fans — mostly centered on one moment: when Superman brutally snaps the neck of his enemy, Zod, to save dozens of innocents. It was a horrifying final scene to end Man of Steel on, and a somewhat grim closer to Superman’s first solo film since 2006’s Superman Returns. Who was this new, murderous Superman? Not the one we had grown to know and love in the comics and animated series throughout the years.

But in an interview with Square Mile, Henry Cavill reveals that Man of Steel 2 would have gone through significant lengths to address the fallout of Superman’s devastating actions. Man of Steel was Superman’s origin story, but Man of Steel 2 would have given us the traditional, heroic Superman we love. Cavill said:

“The k!lling of Zod would have led to a wonderful reason why Superman never k!lls. Not, he never k!lls just because his dad said so one day. He made the decision himself because of an impossible scenario, to which he then said, ‘I don’t care if it’s impossible again, I’m gonna find a way to make it possible in the impossible.’”
Cavill didn’t mention whether this was Snyder’s plan for Man of Steel 2, but since the director was initially slated to return for the Superman sequel before Warner Bros. tapped him for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, this seems likely to be his vision. It would have been a promising next step for Superman, and one that would have saved us from the gloomy, cynical follow-up that we ended up getting with Batman v Superman. Perhaps we could have gotten a whole movie of the hopeful, aspiration Superman that we only saw a glimpse of at the beginning of Justice League.

Cavill continues:

“We didn’t get the opportunity to show the other side of it, the ‘I’m ready to be Superman now and I’m ready to show the world the best examples’. That’s where the joy and glee comes from, and that sense of warmth from the character, which is his real superpower – he makes people believe in themselves. It was a shame because it would’ve been nice, and it would have been a lovely coupling with the seriousness and the depth of Man of Steel.”
Honestly, I would have liked to see that kinder, compassionate Superman before Warner Bros. decided to dive headlong into creating a cinematic universe with Batman v Superman. It felt jarring to be reintroduced to Superman as a hero who inspired a cult-like reverence and fear in Batman v Superman, and even more jarring for him to be retconned as a symbol of hope in Justice League. Cavill has shown that he is more than capable of playing to the lighthearted side of Superman — and I hope someday we’ll get to see it.

visit this link https://www.slashfilm.com .. -henry-cavill/
hot topic and 6 others gave props

51 comments for "‘Man of Steel 2’ Would Have Shown a Less Murderous Superman, Henry Cavill Says"

1 week ago '04        #2
!!! 253 heat pts253
space
space
$47,557 | Props total: 47039 47039
Every time I think of what the DCEU could've been...

[pic - click to view]

Swavey and 23 others gave props

1 week ago '15        #3
Swavey 142 heat pts142
space
space
$11,879 | Props total: 45666 45666
I don’t understand why DCEU kept trying to compete with MCU
Tha754kid and 3 others gave props

1 week ago '10        #4
Dtown 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 3478 3478
People would've still bi*ched, calling him soft and not tough enough. I actually liked him breaking dudes neck
Capital S and 41 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #5
Capital S 
space
space
space
$199 | Props total: 387 387
The whole I'm a superhero so I refuse to k!ll is stupid and actually extremely selfish. I understand that they can't be the judge and executioner but there is no point of letting ppl like Zod live. He legit wanted to k!ll all of humanity and build krpyton on earth and people are mad he's dead?
TrillestTalk404 and 16 others gave props

1 week ago '15        #6
160z 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 15616 15616
 Capital S said:
The whole I'm a superhero so I refuse to k!ll is stupid and actually extremely selfish. I understand that they can't be the judge and executioner but there is no point of letting ppl like Zod live. He legit wanted to k!ll all of humanity and build krpyton on earth and people are mad he's dead?
They hung Sadam on tv
TrillestTalk404 and 4 others gave props

1 week ago '05        #7
HiRolliN 110 heat pts110
space
space
$21,005 | Props total: 3357 3357
thats was just his vision on what it could of been looking back on the way it is today

he couldnt stop WB from forcing DC making it into the cluster fu*k it is today.
 1 week ago '18        #8
Chesters 24 heat pts24
space
space
space
$3,598 | Props total: 14130 14130
Man of Steel is a great movie. DC started on the right track. I have no idea why they released JL before we got solo movies from the other heroes involved.
Propel Water and 13 others gave props

Killumination slapped this ish

1 week ago '05        #9
HiRolliN 110 heat pts110
space
space
$21,005 | Props total: 3357 3357
 Swavey said:
I don’t understand why DCEU kept trying to compete with MCU
 Chesters said:
Man of Steel is a great movie. DC started on the right track. I have no idea why they released JL before we got solo movies from the other heroes involved.

this is why they smelled the money that marvel was getting

WB thought they could rush sh*t out quickly getting a quick billion dollars off of not putting in work like marvel did with solo movies leading into the avengers and it fu*king back fired majorly.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 07-11-2018 at 10:03 PM..
Chesters and 6 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #10
GodsFavorite 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$9,382 | Props total: 4016 4016
Man of steel 1 was a refreshing take on superman but gets worse with each viewing. i still like it but its not as good as i thought it was. BvS (all including all extended cuts that exist) was unadulterated trash and i do not see how snyder's universe could have been redeemed at that point
Kid Dynomite11 and 1 others gave props

J.Shykes and 4 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '04        #11
Mike T 149 heat pts149
space
space
$14,529 | Props total: 24584 24584
MOS is my sh*t fu*k the masses. Everybodies right though DCEU didn't world build at all. They went for a cash grab & flopped, WB is ruining the legacy of great characters.
ThePainkiller and 6 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #12
Miami 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,222 | Props total: 2211 2211
Man of Steel is a dope flick and probably my favorite out of all these DC movies
rashcobar and 8 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #13
Dash 108 heat pts108
space
space
space
$10,685 | Props total: 26093 26093
None of those films memorable for me. MOS is by far the best one tho....

Outside of that, Batmans warehouse f!ght and supes eyeballing flash r the only other dope moments for me.

The fukked the whole shyt up. On the bright side, one day, whenever is in charge of the next universe will get it right
rashcobar and 1 others gave props

1 week ago '12        #14
Pleasure Boy 1276 heat pts1276
space
space
$10,377 | Props total: 7543 7543
The thing with DC is their fans are fuccking cry babies... They will NEVER get a DC movie right coz half of the crowd will always complain... Man Of Steel is my favorite DC movie I honestly dont know what people saw wrong with it, it was the best Superman movie ever made... They just fuccked it up when they went from MOS to BvS... There was absolutely no need to introduce Batman and certainly not the way they did it... MOS and Wonder Woman was the only good movies out of everything they released... Everything else was just rushed
OgieOgilthorpe6 and 3 others gave props

CALViiiN and 1 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '04        #15
x Tha Arkitek x 69 heat pts69
space
space
$19,513 | Props total: 8550 8550
 Pleasure Boy said:
The thing with DC is their fans are fuccking cry babies... They will NEVER get a DC movie right coz half of the crowd will always complain... Man Of Steel is my favorite DC movie I honestly dont know what people saw wrong with it, it was the best Superman movie ever made... They just fuccked it up when they went from MOS to BvS... There was absolutely no need to introduce Batman and certainly not the way they did it... MOS and Wonder Woman was the only good movies out of everything they released... Everything else was just rushed
You call DC fans crybabies... Then you go on to state exactly how DC screwed up and it's been down hill from there you're mad at exactly what everyone else is mad at. They went too quick into BvS, Justice League and suicide Squad...and those 3 film's were also lack luster.
 1 week ago '12        #16
Pleasure Boy 1276 heat pts1276
space
space
$10,377 | Props total: 7543 7543
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
You call DC fans crybabies... Then you go on to state exactly how DC screwed up and it's been down hill from there you're mad at exactly what everyone else is mad at. They went too quick into BvS, Justice League and suicide Squad...and those 3 film's were also lack luster.
The already hated MOS before the other movies was even in production... DC fans are full of shiit... I'm not saying they dont have a right to be upset but if you already hate the 1st movie which was really good nothing after that will make you feel better
MightyHealthy2 gave props

rashcobar slapped this ish

1 week ago '15        #17
40 acres 30 heat pts30
space
space
$2,800 | Props total: 4481 4481
 Pleasure Boy said:
The already hated MOS before the other movies was even in production... DC fans are full of shiit... I'm not saying they dont have a right to be upset but if you already hate the 1st movie which was really good nothing after that will make you feel better
Nah I hardly ever meet a dc fan who hates Man of steel. The only n*ggas I hear hating on Man of steel enjoy films like Iron man 3 lol. In general, the audience majority liked the film critics bashed it.
 1 week ago '04        #18
chubs189 35 heat pts35
space
space
$3,669 | Props total: 7748 7748
 40 acres said:
Nah I hardly ever meet a dc fan who hates Man of steel. The only n*ggas I hear hating on Man of steel enjoy films like Iron man 3 lol. In general, the audience majority liked the film critics bashed it.
You must not have been around here for all the Man of Steel isn’t Superman discussions and arguments that were had here when the movie came out. Trust a lot of people complained that’s not what Superman would do. Meanwhile he k!lled zod in the original films. Always bugged me people say Superman wouldn’t do this or that. Yea a seasoned Superman wouldn’t or would. This one learned to fly 24 hours before the Zod f!ght but he supposed to be a seasoned Superman smh. MOS my fave Superman movie. Just the intro on Krypton better than some action movies.
Based_One and 3 others gave props

1 week ago '06        #19
LeMar G 247 heat pts247
space
space
$16,963 | Props total: 43306 43306
Superman is a trash character
killinemsoftly gave props

Killumination and 1 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '17        #20
CJ Schwarz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$2,281 | Props total: 10241 10241
I ain't with y'all on Superman snapping Zod's neck. Also, the whole you need solo movies before the Justice League is not necessary because JL is the most well known super hero group of all time and the Avengers were a c-list super hero team comprised of c and d list comic book heroes except for Hulk. The MCU had to have solo movies to introduce the characters to casuals and fairweather comic fans.

Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas Wit Baldies Or Barbers Enter
147 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside My brother and I smacking famous p**nstars assses and rapping about it
113 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Xxxtentacian was walking around with a Louie Bag with 50,000 inside it
143 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL USA Today predicts 2018 season
112 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suicide Girl
33 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jul 20 - Americans Struggling to Make Ends Meet | A Hidden America with..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is she thick or slimthick
29 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside i cant stop watching old pac interviews
52 comments
23 hours ago