squad up!

‘Man of Steel 2’ Would Have Shown a Less Murderous Superman, Henry Cavill Says

sponsored links

most viewed right now
Video inside Eminem VS. Diddy
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 months ago '06        #1
1500 page views
51 comments

SM 39581 heat pts39581
space
space
space
$136,441 | Props total: 98037 98037
‘Man of Steel 2’ Would Have Shown a Less murderous Superman, Henry Cavill Says

Ah, the DC Extended Universe: a shared cinematic universe filled with coulda, shoulda beens. It had a bright start with 2013’s Man of Steel, a polarizing but by no means terrible film. From there, the DCEU has been a series of major misfires and occasional bright spots, leading to a team-up film that didn’t exactly do (ahem) justice to the comic book characters that inspired them.

But could things have turned out differently if Warner Bros. wasn’t so eager to kickstart its shared universe with Batman v Superman and had instead released Man of Steel 2 as planned? Perhaps, if Henry Cavill‘s latest interview about the long-gestating sequel means anything.

Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel introduced a darker Superman that alienated many fans — mostly centered on one moment: when Superman brutally snaps the neck of his enemy, Zod, to save dozens of innocents. It was a horrifying final scene to end Man of Steel on, and a somewhat grim closer to Superman’s first solo film since 2006’s Superman Returns. Who was this new, murderous Superman? Not the one we had grown to know and love in the comics and animated series throughout the years.

But in an interview with Square Mile, Henry Cavill reveals that Man of Steel 2 would have gone through significant lengths to address the fallout of Superman’s devastating actions. Man of Steel was Superman’s origin story, but Man of Steel 2 would have given us the traditional, heroic Superman we love. Cavill said:

“The k!lling of Zod would have led to a wonderful reason why Superman never k!lls. Not, he never k!lls just because his dad said so one day. He made the decision himself because of an impossible scenario, to which he then said, ‘I don’t care if it’s impossible again, I’m gonna find a way to make it possible in the impossible.’”
Cavill didn’t mention whether this was Snyder’s plan for Man of Steel 2, but since the director was initially slated to return for the Superman sequel before Warner Bros. tapped him for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, this seems likely to be his vision. It would have been a promising next step for Superman, and one that would have saved us from the gloomy, cynical follow-up that we ended up getting with Batman v Superman. Perhaps we could have gotten a whole movie of the hopeful, aspiration Superman that we only saw a glimpse of at the beginning of Justice League.

Cavill continues:

“We didn’t get the opportunity to show the other side of it, the ‘I’m ready to be Superman now and I’m ready to show the world the best examples’. That’s where the joy and glee comes from, and that sense of warmth from the character, which is his real superpower – he makes people believe in themselves. It was a shame because it would’ve been nice, and it would have been a lovely coupling with the seriousness and the depth of Man of Steel.”
Honestly, I would have liked to see that kinder, compassionate Superman before Warner Bros. decided to dive headlong into creating a cinematic universe with Batman v Superman. It felt jarring to be reintroduced to Superman as a hero who inspired a cult-like reverence and fear in Batman v Superman, and even more jarring for him to be retconned as a symbol of hope in Justice League. Cavill has shown that he is more than capable of playing to the lighthearted side of Superman — and I hope someday we’ll get to see it.

visit this link https://www.slashfilm.com .. -henry-cavill/

51 comments for "‘Man of Steel 2’ Would Have Shown a Less Murderous Superman, Henry Cavill Says"
 2 months ago '04        #2
!!! 276 heat pts276
space
space
$48,988 | Props total: 50853 50853
Every time I think of what the DCEU could've been...

[pic - click to view]

2 months ago '15        #3
Swavey 152 heat pts152
space
space
$12,347 | Props total: 49741 49741
I don’t understand why DCEU kept trying to compete with MCU

2 months ago '04        #4
Capital S 
space
space
space
$200 | Props total: 388 388
The whole I'm a superhero so I refuse to k!ll is stupid and actually extremely selfish. I understand that they can't be the judge and executioner but there is no point of letting ppl like Zod live. He legit wanted to k!ll all of humanity and build krpyton on earth and people are mad he's dead?

2 months ago '15        #5
160z 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,455 | Props total: 16162 16162
 Capital S said
The whole I'm a superhero so I refuse to k!ll is stupid and actually extremely selfish. I understand that they can't be the judge and executioner but there is no point of letting ppl like Zod live. He legit wanted to k!ll all of humanity and build krpyton on earth and people are mad he's dead?
They hung Sadam on tv

2 months ago '05        #6
HiRolliN 110 heat pts110
space
space
$21,125 | Props total: 3520 3520
thats was just his vision on what it could of been looking back on the way it is today

he couldnt stop WB from forcing DC making it into the cluster fu*k it is today.

2 months ago '05        #7
HiRolliN 110 heat pts110
space
space
$21,125 | Props total: 3520 3520
 Swavey said
I don’t understand why DCEU kept trying to compete with MCU
 Chesters said
Man of Steel is a great movie. DC started on the right track. I have no idea why they released JL before we got solo movies from the other heroes involved.

this is why they smelled the money that marvel was getting

WB thought they could rush sh*t out quickly getting a quick billion dollars off of not putting in work like marvel did with solo movies leading into the avengers and it fu*king back fired majorly.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 07-11-2018 at 10:03 PM..

2 months ago '04        #8
GodsFavorite 105 heat pts105
space
space
space
$9,453 | Props total: 4157 4157
Man of steel 1 was a refreshing take on superman but gets worse with each viewing. i still like it but its not as good as i thought it was. BvS (all including all extended cuts that exist) was unadulterated trash and i do not see how snyder's universe could have been redeemed at that point

2 months ago '04        #9
Mike T 155 heat pts155
space
space
$15,022 | Props total: 26028 26028
MOS is my sh*t fu*k the masses. Everybodies right though DCEU didn't world build at all. They went for a cash grab & flopped, WB is ruining the legacy of great characters.

2 months ago '04        #10
Miami 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,259 | Props total: 2286 2286
Man of Steel is a dope flick and probably my favorite out of all these DC movies

2 months ago '04        #11
Dash 124 heat pts124
space
space
space
$11,260 | Props total: 28921 28921
None of those films memorable for me. MOS is by far the best one tho....

Outside of that, Batmans warehouse f!ght and supes eyeballing flash r the only other dope moments for me.

The fukked the whole shyt up. On the bright side, one day, whenever is in charge of the next universe will get it right

2 months ago '12        #12
Pleasure Boy 1289 heat pts1289
space
space
$10,523 | Props total: 8572 8572
The thing with DC is their fans are fuccking cry babies... They will NEVER get a DC movie right coz half of the crowd will always complain... Man Of Steel is my favorite DC movie I honestly dont know what people saw wrong with it, it was the best Superman movie ever made... They just fuccked it up when they went from MOS to BvS... There was absolutely no need to introduce Batman and certainly not the way they did it... MOS and Wonder Woman was the only good movies out of everything they released... Everything else was just rushed

2 months ago '04        #13
x Tha Arkitek x 71 heat pts71
space
space
$19,628 | Props total: 8912 8912
 Pleasure Boy said
The thing with DC is their fans are fuccking cry babies... They will NEVER get a DC movie right coz half of the crowd will always complain... Man Of Steel is my favorite DC movie I honestly dont know what people saw wrong with it, it was the best Superman movie ever made... They just fuccked it up when they went from MOS to BvS... There was absolutely no need to introduce Batman and certainly not the way they did it... MOS and Wonder Woman was the only good movies out of everything they released... Everything else was just rushed
You call DC fans crybabies... Then you go on to state exactly how DC screwed up and it's been down hill from there you're mad at exactly what everyone else is mad at. They went too quick into BvS, Justice League and suicide Squad...and those 3 film's were also lack luster.

2 months ago '12        #14
space
space
 x Tha Arkitek x said
You call DC fans crybabies... Then you go on to state exactly how DC screwed up and it's been down hill from there you're mad at exactly what everyone else is mad at. They went too quick into BvS, Justice League and suicide Squad...and those 3 film's were also lack luster.
The already hated MOS before the other movies was even in production... DC fans are full of shiit... I'm not saying they dont have a right to be upset but if you already hate the 1st movie which was really good nothing after that will make you feel better

2 months ago '15        #15
40 acres 30 heat pts30
space
space
$2,942 | Props total: 5099 5099
 Pleasure Boy said
The already hated MOS before the other movies was even in production... DC fans are full of shiit... I'm not saying they dont have a right to be upset but if you already hate the 1st movie which was really good nothing after that will make you feel better
Nah I hardly ever meet a dc fan who hates Man of steel. The only n*ggas I hear hating on Man of steel enjoy films like Iron man 3 lol. In general, the audience majority liked the film critics bashed it.

2 months ago '04        #16
chubs189 37 heat pts37
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 8026 8026
 40 acres said
Nah I hardly ever meet a dc fan who hates Man of steel. The only n*ggas I hear hating on Man of steel enjoy films like Iron man 3 lol. In general, the audience majority liked the film critics bashed it.
You must not have been around here for all the Man of Steel isn’t Superman discussions and arguments that were had here when the movie came out. Trust a lot of people complained that’s not what Superman would do. Meanwhile he k!lled zod in the original films. Always bugged me people say Superman wouldn’t do this or that. Yea a seasoned Superman wouldn’t or would. This one learned to fly 24 hours before the Zod f!ght but he supposed to be a seasoned Superman smh. MOS my fave Superman movie. Just the intro on Krypton better than some action movies.

2 months ago '06        #17
LeMar G 247 heat pts247
space
space
$17,282 | Props total: 45082 45082
Superman is a trash character

2 months ago '17        #18
CJ Schwarz 64 heat pts64
space
space
$2,603 | Props total: 12456 12456
I ain't with y'all on Superman snapping Zod's neck. Also, the whole you need solo movies before the Justice League is not necessary because JL is the most well known super hero group of all time and the Avengers were a c-list super hero team comprised of c and d list comic book heroes except for Hulk. The MCU had to have solo movies to introduce the characters to casuals and fairweather comic fans.

2 months ago '10        #19
killinemsoftly 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,430 | Props total: 1748 1748
Superman is an overrated character. He’s a cheat code and nothing more

2 months ago '15        #20
40 acres 30 heat pts30
space
space
$2,942 | Props total: 5099 5099
 chubs189 said
You must not have been around here for all the Man of Steel isn’t Superman discussions and arguments that were had here when the movie came out. Trust a lot of people complained that’s not what Superman would do. Meanwhile he k!lled zod in the original films. Always bugged me people say Superman wouldn’t do this or that. Yea a seasoned Superman wouldn’t or would. This one learned to fly 24 hours before the Zod f!ght but he supposed to be a seasoned Superman smh. MOS my fave Superman movie. Just the intro on Krypton better than some action movies.
People complaints were stupid in general. The movie was supposed to be the first film to build his character. It was meant to show him flawed and learning. It was a set up for a story arc. The only sh*t I thought was stupid though was letting his pops die. That was some retarded sh*t lol.

2 months ago '16        #21
BeforeTheCheese 
space
space
$183 | Props total: 308 308
DC always tryna sell you a bad James Bond movie disguised as a Super hero movie

2 months ago '06        #22
dj5fingers 
space
space
space
$59 | Props total: 76 76
 Dtown said
People would've still bi*ched, calling him soft and not tough enough. I actually liked him breaking dudes neck
#FACTS. As a grown a.ss man I want to see Superman fu*king people up. I actually like the darkness of both Superman and BvS.

One thing I don’t want to see is Clark Kent as a goofy a.ss reporter and some how no one knows his Superman because he has glasses on and a button up.

2 months ago '04        #23
space
space
 Pleasure Boy said
My only gripe with Man of Steel was the scene where his dad chose to die for a dog in order try to force Clark into pretending to be normal

Aside from that, it's was a really good movie.

2 months ago '16        #24
PENF0E 
space
space
$1,516 | Props total: 3803 3803
Superman has not been a thriller for me. I watch the movies but never really liked the character. An alien that teaches humans to be human, never really reasonating with me.

Batman will always be that n*gga that carries DC, no matter who plays him.

Sometimes you gotta kick a n*gga in the head when he’s vulnerable...

[pic - click to view]

2 months ago '16        #25
Cedwards198451 
space
space
$3,479 | Props total: 4835 4835
Man of Steel was very good start for the DCEU, only they could fu*k up on what could have been

2 months ago '12        #26
space
space
 x Tha Arkitek x said
My only gripe with Man of Steel was the scene where his dad chose to die for a dog in order try to force Clark into pretending to be normal

Aside from that, it's was a really good movie.
He didnt die for the dog he just got trapped He was just willing to die to keep his son's secret... I really hope this isnt the reason most of you hate the movie

2 months ago '04        #27
space
space
 Pleasure Boy said
He didnt die for the dog he just got trapped He was just willing to die to keep his son's secret... I really hope this isnt the reason most of you hate the movie
Clark & his dad were standing next to each other...Clark could have went and gotten that dog. Even worse is the dog ended up running off himself That scene was completely retarded...there's no making sense of it.

Seriously, how selfish is it for his dad to basically commit suicide in front of his wife & son to prove a point...only for his son to disregard it all anyway

2 months ago '09        #28
JustInCreadible 7 heat pts
space
space
$405 | Props total: 53 53
MOS is one of favorite movies of all the time

2 months ago '04        #29
chubs189 37 heat pts37
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 8026 8026
 40 acres said
People complaints were stupid in general. The movie was supposed to be the first film to build his character. It was meant to show him flawed and learning. It was a set up for a story arc. The only sh*t I thought was stupid though was letting his pops die. That was some retarded sh*t lol.
That was my argument at the time about his character story arc but people didn’t want to hear it smh. Then WB had to screw everything up. Hoping we get a new MOS announcement next week at SDCC.

2 months ago '04        #30
RatedQue 51 heat pts51
space
space
$3,814 | Props total: 1637 1637
 Miami said
Man of Steel is a dope flick and probably my favorite out of all these DC movies
Same I hate all the DC movies except Bale batman series and MOS.

Home      

top in section
online now  87
9 comments
top in news
top in section
online now  59
215 comments
top in hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  69
5 comments
top in thotties

most viewed right now
online now  59
Video inside Rachel Ray's 51 yr old sister?
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  35
YelaWolf-Shade (Machine Gun Kelly Diss)
87 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  29
Woman exposes rapper, Kid Buu being a 30 year old criminal
122 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Sep 18 - Donald Trump is the dumbest president of all time
83 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  20
Video inside This spider man game is the greatest game in history
123 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  19
Video inside Beanie Sigel Shows you how u live after you diss Jigga!
112 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
Image(s) inside Is It CLOSE CURTAIN For DRAKE??? They Found The PEDOFILE RECEIPT W/ 14..
368 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  16
Image(s) inside Twitter Going In on Pedo Drake and his "Grooming" of Young Girls! Ped..
329 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy