squad up!

RCS Universal Profile rolling out on T-Mobile, starting with the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '17        #1
1036 page views
22 comments

justin747 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,288 | Props total: 25123 25123
RCS Universal Profile rolling out on T-Mobile, starting with the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Back in March, T-Mobile promised that it would deploy the Universal Profile for inter-carrier RCS compatibility by the end of Q2 of this year. Although magenta subscribers have had RCS for in-network communications since 2015, and other US carriers have their own proprietary implementations, Sprint was the only one to support it at this "universal" level, courtesy of Google's Jibe. Now, with just two days to spare on its original estimate, T-Mobile is rolling out support for RCS Universal Profile 1.0.

The announcement landed silently yesterday, via a post on the T-Mobile support forums. It seems the only currently supported devices are Samsung's Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, and an update enabling the feature is rolling out in batches.

Technically, T-Mobile has just made its initially projected schedule, but it's unfortunate that support is currently limited to just a pair of phones. We've also received a few tips that an OTA for Oreo is rolling out over to the T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, and it's possible that's the very update which enables this feature for the two devices.

Whatever the mechanism, at least one more carrier in the US is moving to the shared standard. Let's just hope a few more phones get the functionality soon. There are rumblings that we'll be getting a FAQ to answer some of our questions next week, so stay tuned.

This is good news but... why are they starting with a 2 and half year old phone??

22 comments for "RCS Universal Profile rolling out on T-Mobile, starting with the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge"
 3 months ago '16        #2
postemupndunkit 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,937 | Props total: 15717 15717
Man once RCS gets widely adopted aint gonna be no point to my iphone

3 months ago '17        #3
justin747 23 heat pts23 OP
space
space
$5,288 | Props total: 25123 25123

[video - click to view]

3 months ago '05        #4
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,170 | Props total: 17967 17967
2 phones have it enabled? Better then none but come on.

3 months ago '06        #5
Be Easy 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,608 | Props total: 5299 5299
have no idea what any of this sh*t means

3 months ago '04        #6
187Proof 510 heat pts510
space
space
$6,819 | Props total: 9992 9992
 Be Easy said
Glad Im not alone homie lol

3 months ago '07        #7
Blaksentinel 
space
space
$1,831 | Props total: 1533 1533
Still have my s7 edge so I'll see how this works

3 months ago '04        #8
NBA Brawler 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,089 | Props total: 3306 3306
 Be Easy said
 187Proof said
Basically messaging on Android will be more like iMessage. But as of now only T-Mobile and Sprint support this feature. AT&T and Verizon have stated they will support this feature but have yet to implement it or set up a time frame.

3 months ago '09        #9
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,137 | Props total: 1074 1074
 postemupndunkit said
Man once RCS gets widely adopted aint gonna be no point to my iphone
Can RCS be in large group chats with Imessage? I know RCS allows for 100 people. Any one with a Sprint phone can answer this question

3 months ago '09        #10
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
I'm about to trade phones with my mom just to test it out smh.

3 months ago '09        #11
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 Be Easy said
RCS allows for a better text experience. Larger image and videos can be sent and u can do a group text with up too 100 people. There's probably more to it but those are the ones that are important to me.

3 months ago '09        #12
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
What this article doesn't mention is that you can't use any messaging app with this it has to be the stock Samsung app. Doesn't even work with the Google messaging app

3 months ago '05        #13
P-Hill|M 27 heat pts27
space
space
$38,626 | Props total: 14141 14141
Makes me wonder about unlocked Pixel phone

3 months ago '05        #14
P-Hill|M 27 heat pts27
space
space
 jasperfect said
Can RCS be in large group chats with Imessage? I know RCS allows for 100 people. Any one with a Sprint phone can answer this question
RCS and IMessage are different... RCS goes through carrier... IMessage goes through data / apple... And sms text when data isn't available

3 months ago '09        #15
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 P-Hill said
RCS and IMessage are different... RCS goes through carrier... IMessage goes through data / apple... And sms text when data isn't available
I'm aware of the difference. But when your on Imessage you can send a group text and include Android as long as it's less than 10 people. Once you get past 10 Android phones can't be added to the group text. I'm just wondering since RCS allows for group text up to 100 people would I be able to be in a group chat where everyone else has Imessage. I know it's really specific and most people don't have a need for such large group chats but I do

3 months ago '05        #16
P-Hill|M 27 heat pts27
space
space
 jasperfect said
I'm aware of the difference. But when your on Imessage you can send a group text and include Android as long as it's less than 10 people. Once you get past 10 Android phones can't be added to the group text. I'm just wondering since RCS allows for group text up to 100 people would I be able to be in a group chat where everyone else has Imessage. I know it's really specific and most people don't have a need for such large group chats but I do
My bad... I Doubt it... IMessage would have to support RCS.. I don't think apple would be that generous

3 months ago '09        #17
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 P-Hill said
My bad... I Doubt it... IMessage would have to support RCS.. I don't think apple would be that generous
I know I doubt it too, but I'm hoping. I'm left out of the group text at my job because of it.

3 months ago '09        #18
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 jasperfect said
I know I doubt it too, but I'm hoping. I'm left out of the group text at my job because of it.
Just watched the video someone posted. It won't work

2 months ago '15        #19
Fantastic 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,777 | Props total: 6702 6702
 187Proof said
Rich communication services. Its an upgrade to the messaging services already on android. Think imessage then apply it to all androids. It will take a few years but yeahh.

It was already glitching out sending people messages without the owner of the device knowing. So id wait it out.

Imessage is far superior in every aspect so maybe in 5 years it will be able to compete but its in infant stages. Att and verizon arent even adapting it yet(as far as I know). Google cant really compete with apple except for the pixel.

Even then apple is the far far superior phone.

2 months ago '06        #20
composure23 
space
space
$232 | Props total: 351 351
I got the S7 edge. The update was hella dope. It feels likes a new phone for real. Saved me some money because I was gonna upgrade for no reason. I feel like the dude from watchdogs now. So many useful features on the phone.

2 months ago '04        #21
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,291 | Props total: 1193 1193
 jasperfect said
RCS allows for a better text experience. Larger image and videos can be sent and u can do a group text with up too 100 people. There's probably more to it but those are the ones that are important to me.
So Skype basically?

2 months ago '05        #22
CartelFamill 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$5,712 | Props total: 2693 2693
 Fantastic said
Rich communication services. Its an upgrade to the messaging services already on android. Think imessage then apply it to all androids. It will take a few years but yeahh.

It was already glitching out sending people messages without the owner of the device knowing. So id wait it out.

Imessage is far superior in every aspect so maybe in 5 years it will be able to compete but its in infant stages. Att and verizon arent even adapting it yet(as far as I know). Google cant really compete with apple except for the pixel.

Even then apple is the far far superior phone.

That was Samsung Message app not Android

2 months ago '09        #23
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 bw5011 said
So Skype basically?
Or every other messenger that's not sms

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  41
61 comments
top in thotties
top in section
online now  21
15 comments
top in movies
top in section
online now  20
59 comments
top in wild'ish

most viewed right now
online now  39
audio inside Lupe Fiasco King Nas
173 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  30
Article inside Huge marijuana bundles are washing up on Florida beaches after hurric..
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  26
No wine no roses just 7 min n some bb oil
38 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  16
Woman exposes rapper, Kid Buu being a 30 year old criminal
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside Lost City of Atlantis hidden in plain sight?
66 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside Sep 18 - Dad arrested for driving teen couple to park to do their tha..
72 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside OBH rapper Skinny on the Run for MURDER gives Live update from UHAUL tr..
116 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  8
YelaWolf-Shade (Machine Gun Kelly Diss)
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy