RCS Universal Profile rolling out on T-Mobile, starting with the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

most viewed right now
My first dime piece.. WWYD?
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Floyd Mayweather Disses 50 Again: "Me & You Are Not On The Same Level!"
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside R kelly new 19min song about his life
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fab blocking all h0es
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '17        #1
921 page views
22 comments

justin747 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,464 | Props total: 20216 20216
RCS Universal Profile rolling out on T-Mobile, starting with the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Back in March, T-Mobile promised that it would deploy the Universal Profile for inter-carrier RCS compatibility by the end of Q2 of this year. Although magenta subscribers have had RCS for in-network communications since 2015, and other US carriers have their own proprietary implementations, Sprint was the only one to support it at this "universal" level, courtesy of Google's Jibe. Now, with just two days to spare on its original estimate, T-Mobile is rolling out support for RCS Universal Profile 1.0.

The announcement landed silently yesterday, via a post on the T-Mobile support forums. It seems the only currently supported devices are Samsung's Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, and an update enabling the feature is rolling out in batches.

Technically, T-Mobile has just made its initially projected schedule, but it's unfortunate that support is currently limited to just a pair of phones. We've also received a few tips that an OTA for Oreo is rolling out over to the T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, and it's possible that's the very update which enables this feature for the two devices.

Whatever the mechanism, at least one more carrier in the US is moving to the shared standard. Let's just hope a few more phones get the functionality soon. There are rumblings that we'll be getting a FAQ to answer some of our questions next week, so stay tuned.

This is good news but... why are they starting with a 2 and half year old phone??
LYTE and 5 others gave props

Jody slapped this ish

22 comments for "RCS Universal Profile rolling out on T-Mobile, starting with the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge"

3 weeks ago '16        #2
postemupndunkit 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,020 | Props total: 12548 12548
Man once RCS gets widely adopted aint gonna be no point to my iphone
justin747 and 3 others gave props

Jody slapped this ish

3 weeks ago '17        #3
justin747 16 heat pts16 OP
space
space
$4,464 | Props total: 20216 20216

[video - click to view]

TonyCartagena and 1 others gave props

3 weeks ago '05        #4
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,969 | Props total: 17565 17565
2 phones have it enabled? Better then none but come on.
justin747 and 4 others gave props

3 weeks ago '06        #5
Be Easy 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,465 | Props total: 4961 4961
have no idea what any of this sh*t means
187Proof and 4 others gave props

3 weeks ago '04        #6
187Proof 503 heat pts503
space
space
$6,747 | Props total: 9456 9456
 Be Easy said:
Glad Iím not alone homie lol
 3 weeks ago '07        #7
Blaksentinel 
space
space
$1,754 | Props total: 1373 1373
Still have my s7 edge so I'll see how this works
jasperfect gave props

3 weeks ago '04        #8
NBA Brawler 114 heat pts114
space
space
$17,949 | Props total: 2986 2986
 Be Easy said:
 187Proof said:
Basically messaging on Android will be more like iMessage. But as of now only T-Mobile and Sprint support this feature. AT&T and Verizon have stated they will support this feature but have yet to implement it or set up a time frame.
Be Easy and 3 others gave props

3 weeks ago '09        #9
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,112 | Props total: 1042 1042
 postemupndunkit said:
Man once RCS gets widely adopted aint gonna be no point to my iphone
Can RCS be in large group chats with Imessage? I know RCS allows for 100 people. Any one with a Sprint phone can answer this question
 3 weeks ago '09        #10
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
I'm about to trade phones with my mom just to test it out smh.
 3 weeks ago '09        #11
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 Be Easy said:
RCS allows for a better text experience. Larger image and videos can be sent and u can do a group text with up too 100 people. There's probably more to it but those are the ones that are important to me.
 3 weeks ago '09        #12
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
What this article doesn't mention is that you can't use any messaging app with this it has to be the stock Samsung app. Doesn't even work with the Google messaging app
unclejuju and 2 others gave props

3 weeks ago '05        #13
P-Hill|M 27 heat pts27
space
space
$38,379 | Props total: 13598 13598
Makes me wonder about unlocked Pixel phone
jasperfect gave props

3 weeks ago '05        #14
P-Hill|M 27 heat pts27
space
space
 jasperfect said:
Can RCS be in large group chats with Imessage? I know RCS allows for 100 people. Any one with a Sprint phone can answer this question
RCS and IMessage are different... RCS goes through carrier... IMessage goes through data / apple... And sms text when data isn't available
 3 weeks ago '09        #15
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 P-Hill said:
RCS and IMessage are different... RCS goes through carrier... IMessage goes through data / apple... And sms text when data isn't available
I'm aware of the difference. But when your on Imessage you can send a group text and include Android as long as it's less than 10 people. Once you get past 10 Android phones can't be added to the group text. I'm just wondering since RCS allows for group text up to 100 people would I be able to be in a group chat where everyone else has Imessage. I know it's really specific and most people don't have a need for such large group chats but I do
 3 weeks ago '05        #16
P-Hill|M 27 heat pts27
space
space
 jasperfect said:
I'm aware of the difference. But when your on Imessage you can send a group text and include Android as long as it's less than 10 people. Once you get past 10 Android phones can't be added to the group text. I'm just wondering since RCS allows for group text up to 100 people would I be able to be in a group chat where everyone else has Imessage. I know it's really specific and most people don't have a need for such large group chats but I do
My bad... I Doubt it... IMessage would have to support RCS.. I don't think apple would be that generous
jasperfect gave props

3 weeks ago '09        #17
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 P-Hill said:
My bad... I Doubt it... IMessage would have to support RCS.. I don't think apple would be that generous
I know I doubt it too, but I'm hoping. I'm left out of the group text at my job because of it.
 3 weeks ago '09        #18
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 jasperfect said:
I know I doubt it too, but I'm hoping. I'm left out of the group text at my job because of it.
Just watched the video someone posted. It won't work
 2 weeks ago '15        #19
Fantastic 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,237 | Props total: 5623 5623
 187Proof said:
Rich communication services. Its an upgrade to the messaging services already on android. Think imessage then apply it to all androids. It will take a few years but yeahh.

It was already glitching out sending people messages without the owner of the device knowing. So id wait it out.

Imessage is far superior in every aspect so maybe in 5 years it will be able to compete but its in infant stages. Att and verizon arent even adapting it yet(as far as I know). Google cant really compete with apple except for the pixel.

Even then apple is the far far superior phone.
187Proof gave props

MyZ28 slapped this ish

1 week ago '06        #20
composure23 
space
space
$215 | Props total: 324 324
I got the S7 edge. The update was hella dope. It feels likes a new phone for real. Saved me some money because I was gonna upgrade for no reason. I feel like the dude from watchdogs now. So many useful features on the phone.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Angel eyez
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Swear her in! Couldnt forgive myself if I didn't post this
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
SMH Sony out here trying to set the bag on fire again. Venom won't have iconic..
66 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Call Chris Hanson... Michael Ian Black please take a seat.
92 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA 2K19 Hands-on Impressions - Takeover System,Stealing/Blocking,Sho..
81 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vanilla or Chocolate???
140 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Godzilla: King Of The Monsters Official Trailer
73 comments
1 day ago