Tired of posts showing off cars, let's talk Detailing

most viewed right now
Article inside chick-fil-a officially the goat
106 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall remember Johnny blaze?
111 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kim K gets ethered on twitter
88 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
MMA Conor McGregor to retire from MMA after 3 more fights.
24 comments
@sports

section   (2 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 weeks ago '04        #1
1879 page views
59 comments

CrAkKedOuT 1001 heat pts1001
space
space
space
$24,600 | Props total: 17195 17195
Tired of posts showing off cars, let's talk Detailing

What's in everyone's arsenal for Detailing?

2 weeks ago I bought a Griot 6in Orbital. Best purchase I've made. I did my wife's car last week. It had A LOT of water spots on it from the sprinklers. Ended up using an aggressive compound from 3m. After that I used Chemical Guys Blacklight. It's a 3in1 type of product - Glaze, Sealant, Gloss Enhancer. Then used Chemical Guys Jetseal. Finally finished off the car with Meguiar's Liquid Wax.

Ended up doing the same with my Camaro. Used a less aggressive Compound from Meguiar's called Ultimate Compound. My Orbital ended up dying on me. I was heated. Bought another one. Hopefully it doesn't break again. If anyone has any suggestions let me hear it. My car is looking a whole lot better after this detailing. Same with my wife's car. Car feels nice and smooth. Water spots come right off after using some quick detailing spray as well.

So again, what's in everyone's arsenal.

Last edited by CrAkKedOuT; 06-24-2018 at 08:53 PM..
hot topic and 13 others gave props

59 comments for "Tired of posts showing off cars, let's talk Detailing"

4 weeks ago '11        #2
CALViiiN 673 heat pts673
space
space
$18,970 | Props total: 37194 37194
speaking of detailing... I heard transmission fluid is good for your headlights. I never knew that. but it cleans that sh*t cleeeear! I haven't tried it yet. let me know, someone.
1neDeep and 2 others gave props

Mr Prodigy slapped this ish

4 weeks ago '06        #3
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
$6,384 | Props total: 7686 7686
 CrAkKedOuT said:
What's in everyone's arsenal for Detailing?

2 weeks ago I bought a Griot 6in Orbital. Best purchase I've made. I did my wife's car last week. It had A LOT of water spots on it from the sprinklers. Ended up using an aggressive compound from 3m. After that I used Chemical Guys Blacklight. It's a 3in1 type of product - Glaze, Sealant, Gloss Enhancer. Then used Chemical Guys Jetseal. Finally finished off the car with Meguiar's Liquid Wax.

Ended up doing the same with my Camaro. Used a less aggressive Compound from Meguiar's called Ultimate Compound. My Orbital ended up dying on me. I was heated. Bought another one. Hopefully it doesn't break again. If anyone has any suggestions let me hear it. My car is looking a whole lot better after this detailing. Same with my wife's car. Car feels nice and smooth. Water spots come right off after using some quick detailing spray as well.

So again, what's in everyone's arsenal.
Let's get this thread popping I have a griots 6" orbital for 6 years now and that thing is harsh af like your arms feel like sh*t after 10 minutes. Last summer chemical guys had a sale on everything so I copped a torx fx10 and man that thing is smooth af I can do a bus with that thing. OP you need to buy the chemical guys waterless wash concentrate that sh*t is the best.
The South gave props

4 weeks ago '06        #4
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 CALViiiN said:
speaking of detailing... I heard transmission fluid is good for your headlights. I never knew that. but it cleans that sh*t cleeeear! I haven't tried it yet. let me know, someone.
Try that sh*t if you want
CALViiiN and 2 others gave props

4 weeks ago '04        #5
CrAkKedOuT 1001 heat pts1001 OP
space
space
space
 CALViiiN said:
Hell no.
I'm going to attempt fixing headlights this weekend if it's nice out.

All you need is

- Painters tape to mask off around the headlight.
- 2500 & 3500 Grit Wetsandpaper
- Sanding block if you have one. Makes it easier.
- Polish with an Orbital, or by hand if you want. An Orbital will help a lot more though.
- Sealant

Like this

[video - click to view]

Or you can try this product

[video - click to view]

CALViiiN and 3 others gave props

4 weeks ago '04        #6
JayR04 117 heat pts117
space
space
$11,425 | Props total: 7212 7212
 CALViiiN said:
Transmission fluid goes IN the transmission

CALViiiN and 9 others gave props

4 weeks ago '11        #7
CALViiiN 673 heat pts673
space
space
$18,970 | Props total: 37194 37194
 JayR04 said:
Transmission fluid goes IN the transmission

JayR04 and 3 others gave props

4 weeks ago '04        #8
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,217 | Props total: 2194 2194
I'm a fan of chemical guys products. I have a Torq 6" orbital buffer, along with a soap cannon.

soap:Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Car Wash Soap & Superior Surface Cleanser

detail spray:Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Car Wash Soap & Superior Surface Cleanser

waxes: Black Light,Black Luminous Glow Infusion (My cars are black)

wheels: Decon Pro Iron Remover and Wheel Cleaner. VRP Wheel Dressing

Interior/Leather:Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Complete Leather Care Kit

Lots of microfiber towels
tire brushes
wheel brushes
two buckets (one for wheels another for the car)

glass cleaner.
mrep3 and 1 others gave props

4 weeks ago '09        #9
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,404 | Props total: 3600 3600
Bruh, I ain't got time for that.

I pay a a highly rated and awarded company to come to my house and do a mini detail on the 96 if she dirty. If she needs a makeover, I take her to the best, multiple award winning detail shop in town(where I live).

My old lady(96 SS) is pampered.

Last edited by Baynut; 06-25-2018 at 12:30 AM..
CamburyBXGreat and 11 others gave props

murdahudawg slapped this ish

4 weeks ago '15        #10
AlmightySae 
space
space
space
$864 | Props total: 1031 1031
I need to invest in a polishing machine/drill thingy. The most I ever went to detailing my car was foam cannon, wash, clay bar, wash, then wax. I also want to give that ceramic coating a shot. I also need to start buying and using the decontamination sprays.
 4 weeks ago '15        #11
AlmightySae 
space
space
space
$864 | Props total: 1031 1031
 1neDeep said:
I'm a fan of chemical guys products. I have a Torq 6" orbital buffer, along with a soap cannon.

soap:Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Car Wash Soap & Superior Surface Cleanser

detail spray:Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Car Wash Soap & Superior Surface Cleanser

tire brushes
wheel brushes

glass cleaner.

+1 on the two buckets. One for soap and the other to scrub off the dirt on the sponge. And man black cars are hard to keep clean/looking flawless since it’s easier to see the “spider-web” scratches. My old Lexus was black and it was a bi*ch to maintain.
 4 weeks ago '04        #12
space
space
space
 mrep3 said:
Let's get this thread popping I have a griots 6" orbital for 6 years now and that thing is harsh af like your arms feel like sh*t after 10 minutes. Last summer chemical guys had a sale on everything so I copped a torx fx10 and man that thing is smooth af I can do a bus with that thing. OP you need to buy the chemical guys waterless wash concentrate that sh*t is the best.
I knew I should have gotten that Torx
Is the waterless wash safe on waxes and sealants?
 4 weeks ago '04        #13
space
space
space
 AlmightySae said:
+1 on the two buckets. One for soap and the other to scrub off the dirt on the sponge. And man black cars are hard to keep clean/looking flawless since it’s easier to see the “spider-web” scratches. My old Lexus was black and it was a bi*ch to maintain.
I've never used the 2 bucket method. I understand why people do it but to me it doesn't make sense to take your dirty mitt, scrub it out in 1 bucket which then the water becomes dirty then put it into the second bucket possibly bringing that dirty water into the 2nd bucket.

We all keep the water hose by us when we wash the car so what I do is once I'm done with a section, I hose the wash mitt down. IMO that's a bit more effective than relying on a scrubber at the bottom of the bucket.

As far as spider web scratches I think the V22 from CG helps with that. I was going to use it in my Camaro since it's black but thankfully I didn't have the web effect.
arms and 1 others gave props

4 weeks ago '04        #14
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
 AlmightySae said:
Yeah, they are a bi*ch to keep right, but they are beautiful when well maintained. I 'm in Arizona, and its hot as hell. none of my cars sit outside, and the two that I'm not driving, they are detailed and covered with an indoor Weather Tech car cover. I put the work in to keep em top notch. one of the 3 i have is a 98' BMW 740i, she still looks new.
CrAkKedOuT and 2 others gave props

4 weeks ago '06        #15
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 1neDeep said:

tire brushes
wheel brushes

glass cleaner.
That decon smells like rotten eggs from chemical guys I like the griots heavy duty wheel cleaner it smells great and activates on contact.
 4 weeks ago '06        #16
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 CrAkKedOuT said:
I knew I should have gotten that Torx
Is the waterless wash safe on waxes and sealants?
Yeah man I was skeptical about it too and put it like this I'm on my second gallon man when you are done you have literally washed and waxed your car. Over the winter that's what I use. It was to a point I was charging my friends $50 to wash their cars with it.
1neDeep and 1 others gave props

4 weeks ago '04        #17
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
 mrep3 said:
That decon smells like rotten eggs from chemical guys I like the griots heavy duty wheel cleaner it smells great and activates on contact.
yea it does.. that sh*t smells like pure a.ss! I can't get the Griots near me, so I just order the Decon from chemical guys when i get my other stuff.
 4 weeks ago '04        #18
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
 mrep3 said:
Yeah man I was skeptical about it too and put it like this I'm on my second gallon man when you are done you have literally washed and waxed your car. Over the winter that's what I use. It was to a point I was charging my friends $50 to wash their cars with it.
I need some of that for the summer round this hellacious heat in Az
 4 weeks ago '06        #19
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 1neDeep said:
yea it does.. that sh*t smells like pure a.ss! I can't get the Griots near me, so I just order the Decon from chemical guys when i get my other stuff.
Order the griots one from amazon that's what I did stores in NYC was taxing on that sh*t I think I got the 20 oz for $16
aabablusaan gave props

4 weeks ago '06        #20
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 1neDeep said:
I need some of that for the summer round this hellacious heat in Az
Just make sure you do it in the shade and out of direct sunlight.
1neDeep gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My brother and I smacking famous p**nstars assses and rapping about it
113 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas Wit Baldies Or Barbers Enter
147 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Xxxtentacian was walking around with a Louie Bag with 50,000 inside it
143 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL USA Today predicts 2018 season
112 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suicide Girl
33 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jul 20 - Americans Struggling to Make Ends Meet | A Hidden America with..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is she thick or slimthick
29 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside i cant stop watching old pac interviews
52 comments
23 hours ago