Tired of posts showing off cars, let's talk Detailing

view more...

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 months ago '04        #1
2362 page views
63 comments

CrAkKedOuT 1033 heat pts1033
space
space
space
$25,240 | Props total: 19401 19401
Tired of posts showing off cars, let's talk Detailing

What's in everyone's arsenal for Detailing?

2 weeks ago I bought a Griot 6in Orbital. Best purchase I've made. I did my wife's car last week. It had A LOT of water spots on it from the sprinklers. Ended up using an aggressive compound from 3m. After that I used Chemical Guys Blacklight. It's a 3in1 type of product - Glaze, Sealant, Gloss Enhancer. Then used Chemical Guys Jetseal. Finally finished off the car with Meguiar's Liquid Wax.

Ended up doing the same with my Camaro. Used a less aggressive Compound from Meguiar's called Ultimate Compound. My Orbital ended up dying on me. I was heated. Bought another one. Hopefully it doesn't break again. If anyone has any suggestions let me hear it. My car is looking a whole lot better after this detailing. Same with my wife's car. Car feels nice and smooth. Water spots come right off after using some quick detailing spray as well.

So again, what's in everyone's arsenal.

Last edited by CrAkKedOuT; 06-24-2018 at 09:53 PM..

63 comments for "Tired of posts showing off cars, let's talk Detailing"

5 months ago '11        #2
CALViiiN 700 heat pts700
space
space
$19,423 | Props total: 39899 39899
speaking of detailing... I heard transmission fluid is good for your headlights. I never knew that. but it cleans that sh*t cleeeear! I haven't tried it yet. let me know, someone.

5 months ago '06        #3
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
$6,643 | Props total: 8359 8359
 CrAkKedOuT said
What's in everyone's arsenal for Detailing?

2 weeks ago I bought a Griot 6in Orbital. Best purchase I've made. I did my wife's car last week. It had A LOT of water spots on it from the sprinklers. Ended up using an aggressive compound from 3m. After that I used Chemical Guys Blacklight. It's a 3in1 type of product - Glaze, Sealant, Gloss Enhancer. Then used Chemical Guys Jetseal. Finally finished off the car with Meguiar's Liquid Wax.

Ended up doing the same with my Camaro. Used a less aggressive Compound from Meguiar's called Ultimate Compound. My Orbital ended up dying on me. I was heated. Bought another one. Hopefully it doesn't break again. If anyone has any suggestions let me hear it. My car is looking a whole lot better after this detailing. Same with my wife's car. Car feels nice and smooth. Water spots come right off after using some quick detailing spray as well.

So again, what's in everyone's arsenal.
Let's get this thread popping I have a griots 6" orbital for 6 years now and that thing is harsh af like your arms feel like sh*t after 10 minutes. Last summer chemical guys had a sale on everything so I copped a torx fx10 and man that thing is smooth af I can do a bus with that thing. OP you need to buy the chemical guys waterless wash concentrate that sh*t is the best.

5 months ago '06        #4
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 CALViiiN said
speaking of detailing... I heard transmission fluid is good for your headlights. I never knew that. but it cleans that sh*t cleeeear! I haven't tried it yet. let me know, someone.
Try that sh*t if you want

5 months ago '04        #5
CrAkKedOuT 1033 heat pts1033 OP
space
space
space
 CALViiiN said
Hell no.
I'm going to attempt fixing headlights this weekend if it's nice out.

All you need is

- Painters tape to mask off around the headlight.
- 2500 & 3500 Grit Wetsandpaper
- Sanding block if you have one. Makes it easier.
- Polish with an Orbital, or by hand if you want. An Orbital will help a lot more though.
- Sealant

Like this

[video - click to view]

Or you can try this product

[video - click to view]

5 months ago '04        #6
JayR04 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,573 | Props total: 7871 7871
 CALViiiN said
Transmission fluid goes IN the transmission

5 months ago '11        #7
CALViiiN 700 heat pts700
space
space
$19,423 | Props total: 39899 39899
 JayR04 said
Transmission fluid goes IN the transmission

5 months ago '04        #8
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,381 | Props total: 2487 2487
I'm a fan of chemical guys products. I have a Torq 6" orbital buffer, along with a soap cannon.

soap:Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Car Wash Soap & Superior Surface Cleanser

detail spray:Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Car Wash Soap & Superior Surface Cleanser

waxes: Black Light,Black Luminous Glow Infusion (My cars are black)

wheels: Decon Pro Iron Remover and Wheel Cleaner. VRP Wheel Dressing

Interior/Leather:Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Complete Leather Care Kit

Lots of microfiber towels
tire brushes
wheel brushes
two buckets (one for wheels another for the car)

glass cleaner.

5 months ago '09        #9
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,465 | Props total: 3811 3811
Bruh, I ain't got time for that.

I pay a a highly rated and awarded company to come to my house and do a mini detail on the 96 if she dirty. If she needs a makeover, I take her to the best, multiple award winning detail shop in town(where I live).

My old lady(96 SS) is pampered.

Last edited by Baynut; 06-25-2018 at 01:30 AM..

5 months ago '15        #10
AlmightySae 
space
space
$1,141 | Props total: 1342 1342
I need to invest in a polishing machine/drill thingy. The most I ever went to detailing my car was foam cannon, wash, clay bar, wash, then wax. I also want to give that ceramic coating a shot. I also need to start buying and using the decontamination sprays.

5 months ago '15        #11
AlmightySae 
space
space
$1,141 | Props total: 1342 1342
 1neDeep said
I'm a fan of chemical guys products. I have a Torq 6" orbital buffer, along with a soap cannon.

soap:Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Car Wash Soap & Superior Surface Cleanser

detail spray:Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Car Wash Soap & Superior Surface Cleanser

tire brushes
wheel brushes

glass cleaner.

+1 on the two buckets. One for soap and the other to scrub off the dirt on the sponge. And man black cars are hard to keep clean/looking flawless since it’s easier to see the “spider-web” scratches. My old Lexus was black and it was a bi*ch to maintain.

5 months ago '04        #12
space
space
space
 mrep3 said
Let's get this thread popping I have a griots 6" orbital for 6 years now and that thing is harsh af like your arms feel like sh*t after 10 minutes. Last summer chemical guys had a sale on everything so I copped a torx fx10 and man that thing is smooth af I can do a bus with that thing. OP you need to buy the chemical guys waterless wash concentrate that sh*t is the best.
I knew I should have gotten that Torx
Is the waterless wash safe on waxes and sealants?

5 months ago '04        #13
space
space
space
 AlmightySae said
+1 on the two buckets. One for soap and the other to scrub off the dirt on the sponge. And man black cars are hard to keep clean/looking flawless since it’s easier to see the “spider-web” scratches. My old Lexus was black and it was a bi*ch to maintain.
I've never used the 2 bucket method. I understand why people do it but to me it doesn't make sense to take your dirty mitt, scrub it out in 1 bucket which then the water becomes dirty then put it into the second bucket possibly bringing that dirty water into the 2nd bucket.

We all keep the water hose by us when we wash the car so what I do is once I'm done with a section, I hose the wash mitt down. IMO that's a bit more effective than relying on a scrubber at the bottom of the bucket.

As far as spider web scratches I think the V22 from CG helps with that. I was going to use it in my Camaro since it's black but thankfully I didn't have the web effect.

5 months ago '04        #14
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
 AlmightySae said
Yeah, they are a bi*ch to keep right, but they are beautiful when well maintained. I 'm in Arizona, and its hot as hell. none of my cars sit outside, and the two that I'm not driving, they are detailed and covered with an indoor Weather Tech car cover. I put the work in to keep em top notch. one of the 3 i have is a 98' BMW 740i, she still looks new.

5 months ago '06        #15
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 1neDeep said

tire brushes
wheel brushes

glass cleaner.
That decon smells like rotten eggs from chemical guys I like the griots heavy duty wheel cleaner it smells great and activates on contact.

5 months ago '06        #16
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 CrAkKedOuT said
I knew I should have gotten that Torx
Is the waterless wash safe on waxes and sealants?
Yeah man I was skeptical about it too and put it like this I'm on my second gallon man when you are done you have literally washed and waxed your car. Over the winter that's what I use. It was to a point I was charging my friends $50 to wash their cars with it.

5 months ago '04        #17
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
 mrep3 said
That decon smells like rotten eggs from chemical guys I like the griots heavy duty wheel cleaner it smells great and activates on contact.
yea it does.. that sh*t smells like pure a.ss! I can't get the Griots near me, so I just order the Decon from chemical guys when i get my other stuff.

5 months ago '04        #18
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
 mrep3 said
Yeah man I was skeptical about it too and put it like this I'm on my second gallon man when you are done you have literally washed and waxed your car. Over the winter that's what I use. It was to a point I was charging my friends $50 to wash their cars with it.
I need some of that for the summer round this hellacious heat in Az

5 months ago '06        #19
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 1neDeep said
yea it does.. that sh*t smells like pure a.ss! I can't get the Griots near me, so I just order the Decon from chemical guys when i get my other stuff.
Order the griots one from amazon that's what I did stores in NYC was taxing on that sh*t I think I got the 20 oz for $16

5 months ago '06        #20
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 1neDeep said
I need some of that for the summer round this hellacious heat in Az
Just make sure you do it in the shade and out of direct sunlight.

5 months ago '04        #21
space
space
space
 mrep3 said
Hmm 🤔 going to need that then come winter time. NY Winters are rough.

5 months ago '06        #22
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 Baynut said
Bruh, I ain't got time for that.

I pay a a highly rated and awarded company to come to my house and do a mini detail on the 96 if she dirty. If she needs a makeover, I take her to the best, multiple award winning detail shop in town(where I live).

My old lady(96 SS) is pampered.
I feel you but I like the act of doing something's myself yeah I can afford to hire someone to do it but I like to learn and apply it's just another hustle under my belt I don't do it for a living but I know if I wanted to I could.

5 months ago '06        #23
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 CrAkKedOuT said
Hmm 🤔 going to need that then come winter time. NY Winters are rough.
That's what I'm saying all you need are a few microfiber towels. And a good spray bottle I post my setup later.

5 months ago '13        #24
Phenom354 
space
space
$10,267 | Props total: 8482 8482
No one doing ceramic coating?

5 months ago '06        #25
mrep3 41 heat pts41
space
space
 Phenom354 said
No one doing ceramic coating?
You need UV lights and a legit clean area plus that sh*t needs time to cure like 48 hours depending on how many coats you apply.

Home      

most viewed right now
+34online now  32
Signs you are getting old
95 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+111online now  30
Image(s) inside in...
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+72online now  24
Image(s) inside Diddy's ex GF and baby momma Kim Porter DEAD
325 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  19
Driver in Chinx Murder agrees to Snitch on Gunmen Qwality!!
56 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+16online now  10
RiP E3 2019
92 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  10
NCAAF Projected top 3 pick Ed Oliver tries to fight Head Coach for not letting..
102 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+21online now  9
audio inside OFFICIAL AFTERMATH DEBUT: Anderson .Paak - Oxnard 11/16 [ANTICIPATION/D..
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Steve McQueen's WIDOWS Is Certified Fresh At 95%
60 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy