squad up!

‘The Batman’ to feature a young Batman, ‘The Joker’ with Joaquin Phoenix shoots this fall

view the rest of most viewed

most viewed right now
143 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '04        #1
1621 page views
36 comments

JFamis 239 heat pts239
space
space
$17,286 | Props total: 5093 5093
‘The Batman’ to feature a young Batman, ‘The Joker’ with Joaquin Phoenix shoots this fall

The Hollywood Reporter published a big article today about newly appointed head of DC Films at Warner Bros., Walter Hamada. Their sources says that Hamada “walked into a sh*tshow, and he’s trying to clean it up.” He’s spent his first fix months in his new role going over all of the projects that have been in development, and The Hollywood Reporter has updates on some of them.

First, The Batman. The Hollywood Reporter says that director and writer Matt Reeves turned in the first act of his script at the end of May. It features a younger version of Batman and likely will not star Ben Affleck. Warner Bros. wouldn’t comment when asked to confirm that news.

Next is an update on The Joker. No not the Joker movie that Jared Leto is starring in, the other one that Todd Phillips is directing and will star Joaquin Phoenix. That movie is expected to start filming this fall and for a small budget of $55 million. While that’s a lot of money, it’s nothing compared to the hundreds of millions of dollars superhero movies usually cost to make. This Joker movie is standalone and not part of the DCEU, and The Hollywood Reporter hears that the new label for the standalone movies could be “DC Dark” or “DC Black”.

Finally, The Hollywood Reporter says that The Flash is finally seeing some traction with new directors John Francis Daly and Jonathan Goldstein. That movie is expected to start filming in early 2019, though the tone has been changed. It will no longer feature “somber themes” like the previous versions of the script did.

Hamada does not want to date movies too far in advance, according to The Hollywood Reporter. That’s something that’s come back to bite Warner Bros. in the past (remember all the movies and dates they announced in 2014?). “Walter has a specific design for the universe,” a source said. “He has a plan.”

Hopefully AT&T is on board with those plans when they take over Time Warner for $85.4 billion, which a judge just approved yesterday.

SOURCE: The Hollywood Reporter

visit this link https://batman-news.com/2 .. ots-this-fall/

36 comments for "‘The Batman’ to feature a young Batman, ‘The Joker’ with Joaquin Phoenix shoots this fall"
 3 months ago '15        #2
Majestoso 31 heat pts31
space
space
$7,917 | Props total: 1745 1745
Dope news, i cant wait for more details about the JP's Joker version, also i dont understand why WB wont just make it official that BatFleck is no more, i love the guy as Batman but if he ios not happy about it and the studio is also not happy...

3 months ago '07        #3
calle13 443 heat pts443
space
space
$5,729 | Props total: 10324 10324
Im hoping to see the death Of Robin

3 months ago '04        #4
JFamis 239 heat pts239 OP
space
space
 Majestoso said
Dope news, i cant wait for more details about the JP's Joker version, also i dont understand why WB wont just make it official that BatFleck is no more, i love the guy as Batman but if he ios not happy about it and the studio is also not happy...
Supposedly Affleck has gone back-and-forth on them several times.

3 months ago '04        #5
Snipper 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,347 | Props total: 1174 1174
If they are going to go towards a younger batman, they better not have only Batman characters in this trilogy. Cause we already had a lot of movies based on only on Batman characters. With the Justice League movie last year, might as well add new Superman, Flash in this alternate universe.
But knowing WB, they will stick to strictly Batman characters.
fu*k Batman

3 months ago '06        #6
Jhnnyblz427 195 heat pts195
space
space
$39,868 | Props total: 28382 28382

3 months ago '12        #7
AlBooBoo 16 heat pts16
space
space
$41,125 | Props total: 48189 48189
So wait is this in the same univerise as afflecks Batman movies? So what happened to the other guy playing joker in SS?

I didn’t read the OP to lazy. Maybe it clarified that. But oh well

Edit: Nevermine I read it and this sounds stupid af.

Not the premise but they said there is already another joker stand alone movie in the works with Leto yooo holly wood lazy as sh*t. Or whoever running DC films is a moron.

Wtf why would they have two of the same villains having a movie be released with different actors

Last edited by AlBooBoo; 06-13-2018 at 07:58 PM..

3 months ago '05        #8
JohnnyCage202 26 heat pts26
space
space
$4,376 | Props total: 16321 16321
I'm one of three people in the world that actually liked BvS and always wanted to see DC put out good sh*t, but man Marvel got this sh*t on lock smash like Pac had...

...they could pop movies just like they pop tags.

3 months ago '04        #9
space
space
 AlBooBoo said
So wait is this in the same univerise as afflecks Batman movies? So what happened to the other guy playing joker in SS?

I didn’t read the OP to lazy. Maybe it clarified that. But oh well

Edit: Nevermine I read it and this sounds stupid af.

Not the premise but they said there is already another joker stand alone movie in the works with Leto yooo holly wood lazy as sh*t. Or whoever running DC films is a moron.

Wtf why would they have two of the same villains having a movie be released with different actors
Honestly think they’re just stringing Leto along in case they need him. No way he gets a solo movie after another Joker movie is a big success or big failure.

3 months ago '13        #10
EZ Green 41 heat pts41
space
space
$10,847 | Props total: 20625 20625
They should get jax from sons of anarchy to play batman

3 months ago '04        #11
dat_boi_tj 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,992 | Props total: 1639 1639
Man.....what in the fu*k is going on

3 months ago '04        #12
jdogg562 9 heat pts
space
space
$561 | Props total: 447 447
 EZ Green said
They should get jax from sons of anarchy to play batman
Nah he would be perfect for Green Arrow/Oliver Queen

3 months ago '14        #13
strungout 381 heat pts381
space
space
$30,213 | Props total: 68046 68046

[pic - click to view]

3 months ago '12        #14
AlBooBoo 16 heat pts16
space
space
$41,125 | Props total: 48189 48189
 JFamis said
Honestly think they’re just stringing Leto along in case they need him. No way he gets a solo movie after another Joker movie is a big success or big failure.
I feel like they already confirmed his solo movie I could be wrong either way this stupid af

3 months ago '04        #15
space
space
 AlBooBoo said
I feel like they already confirmed his solo movie I could be wrong either way this stupid af
WB hasn't confirmed anything but Aquaman, Shazam, and Wonder Woman 2.

3 months ago '15        #16
Majestoso 31 heat pts31
space
space
 JFamis said
Supposedly Affleck has gone back-and-forth on them several times.
At this point they should just make it official

3 months ago '15        #17
Majestoso 31 heat pts31
space
space
 Snipper said
If they are going to go towards a younger batman, they better not have only Batman characters in this trilogy. Cause we already had a lot of movies based on only on Batman characters. With the Justice League movie last year, might as well add new Superman, Flash in this alternate universe.
fu*k Batman
I dont think they need to recast Superman, Henry is good at it and can be terrific

3 months ago '15        #18
Majestoso 31 heat pts31
space
space
 JFamis said
WB hasn't confirmed anything but Aquaman, Shazam, and Wonder Woman 2.
Well, thats what we know for sure because Aquaman has wrapped and trailer coming out tomorrow possibly, Shazam already on post production and teaser possibly in July, and WW just started production.

3 months ago '10        #19
killinemsoftly 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,431 | Props total: 1749 1749
 Snipper said
fu*k Batman
You’re mad at Batman characters in a Batman movie?

3 months ago '15        #20
Majestoso 31 heat pts31
space
space
 AlBooBoo said
On paper yes, just like the 30 others movies they are working on, the question is... will it make it to principal photography?

3 months ago '15        #21
Majestoso 31 heat pts31
space
space
 JohnnyCage202 said
I'm one of three people in the world that actually liked BvS and always wanted to see DC put out good sh*t, but man Marvel got this sh*t on lock smash like Pac had...

...they could pop movies just like they pop tags.
Mah n*gga, i feels you

3 months ago '17        #22
Coffee 38 heat pts38
space
space
space
$3,726 | Props total: 10748 10748
 calle13 said
Im hoping to see the death Of Robin

Can we get some original sh*t from DC for once? death of Robin?

Robin ain't even be in the DCEU yet..but you want to start with k!lling him off?

Didn't they do this already in the animated movies too?

3 months ago '17        #23
Coffee 38 heat pts38
space
space
space
$3,726 | Props total: 10748 10748
 Majestoso said
On paper yes, just like the 30 others movies they are working on, the question is... will it make it to principal photography?
There is no telling. They got a bunch of Joker stuff 'in the works too'.

WB/EXECS trying to look busy so they can't be discarded when WB gets sold off.

If I was in charge of the DCEU, I could make a billie easy with Batman.

I'd start off with The Court of Owls and synthesize that story with Long Halloween and make it a trilogy with a largely original Part 2 before ending with a blend in of Hush carrying through from the 2nd movie to the 3rd for the finale.

My Batman would be a Ninja-Warrior Super Detective and I'd promise f!ght choreography that had hither-to never been seen on screen before. I'd bring the guys from Rooster Teeth, whoever is the spiritual successor of Monty Oum to brainthink how to translate deadly and intense f!ghts with the guys who did the John Wick movies.

My Batman suit would be almost entirely CGI to allow for a stronger comic book adaptation. He'd be NO resemblance of the ' clunky bruiser' that he's been in every single adaptation of him in the movies. He'd be an agile a.ssassin that is far more cloak and dagger. He's a modern-bat-ninja.

I'd let Del Toro (or a mimicker of his style) design Gotham and blend it with a visual accents of Tim Burton without actually using Timmie's oh so recognizable flare but demand a post-modernist feel. Something gothic-modern yet minimalist.

To do the music I'd let Kanye West (who I hate btw, I'm not with that **** sh*t, but this is business so I'd go with him OR one of his imitators) partner with Junkie XL to do the OST that would have close to NO vocals. I'd tell them to focus on Drums, Trumpets and Pianos mainly. I want WAR anthems and climatic music that builds to drops that explode into something intense.

As far as the script and directors go, I'd have to wait and see...I'd have to find someone who could mesh with my vision but off the top of my head, I'd try to wrangle in Gareth Evans, Fede Alvarez, Stefano Sollima types to see how they meshed with the story approach.

I'd get someone like Taylor Sheridan, Sofia Coppola, Ryan Coogler types to work my scripts, massage them, or write them. As for my cinematographer I'd want Hiro Murai. No one else.

3 months ago '18        #24
Lord God 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,419 | Props total: 10066 10066
Have an incredibly good feeling about Joaquin in this role. Can't believe it took this long tbh

3 months ago '16        #25
YKing 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,102 | Props total: 2491 2491
Joaquin the Goat

3 months ago '04        #26
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,226 | Props total: 1087 1087
 Coffee said
There is no telling. They got a bunch of Joker stuff 'in the works too'.

WB/EXECS trying to look busy so they can't be discarded when WB gets sold off.

If I was in charge of the DCEU, I could make a billie easy with Batman.

I'd start off with The Court of Owls and synthesize that story with Long Halloween and make it a trilogy with a largely original Part 2 before ending with a blend in of Hush carrying through from the 2nd movie to the 3rd for the finale.

My Batman would be a Ninja-Warrior Super Detective and I'd promise f!ght choreography that had hither-to never been seen on screen before. I'd bring the guys from Rooster Teeth, whoever is the spiritual successor of Monty Oum to brainthink how to translate deadly and intense f!ghts with the guys who did the John Wick movies.

My Batman suit would be almost entirely CGI to allow for a stronger comic book adaptation. He'd be NO resemblance of the ' clunky bruiser' that he's been in every single adaptation of him in the movies. He'd be an agile a.ssassin that is far more cloak and dagger. He's a modern-bat-ninja.

I'd let Del Toro (or a mimicker of his style) design Gotham and blend it with a visual accents of Tim Burton without actually using Timmie's oh so recognizable flare but demand a post-modernist feel. Something gothic-modern yet minimalist.

To do the music I'd let Kanye West (who I hate btw, I'm not with that **** sh*t, but this is business so I'd go with him OR one of his imitators) partner with Junkie XL to do the OST that would have close to NO vocals. I'd tell them to focus on Drums, Trumpets and Pianos mainly. I want WAR anthems and climatic music that builds to drops that explode into something intense.

As far as the script and directors go, I'd have to wait and see...I'd have to find someone who could mesh with my vision but off the top of my head, I'd try to wrangle in Gareth Evans, Fede Alvarez, Stefano Sollima types to see how they meshed with the story approach.

I'd get someone like Taylor Sheridan, Sofia Coppola, Ryan Coogler types to work my scripts, massage them, or write them. As for my cinematographer I'd want Hiro Murai. No one else.
I like where this idea is headed sounds dope as fu*k
I want Joaquin as joker tho. Joker from a k!lling joke joker.

3 months ago '18        #27
Ryo857 
space
space
$459 | Props total: 558 558
This Reboot is supposed to be a trilogy that will catch up to an older Batman (I.E. not Affleck) but whom Evers playing will be aged I read and heard...why are we getting another Batman reboot Reeves better be crushing Nolan’s trilogy and Bens interpolation f!ght scenes and all that Snyder warehouse scene damn near sh&tted on nolans trilogy alone

3 months ago '18        #28
Ryo857 
space
space
$459 | Props total: 558 558
 JFamis said
They’re still doing movies with him they don’t want the Marlon Wayne’s (originally he was supposed to play Robin in Batman returns they didn’t use him there or the next sequel and was forced to pay him) effect so they’re going utilise him funny thing though is that they’re still going have to pay Ben he was contracted for two films still

3 months ago '04        #29
Snipper 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Majestoso said
I dont think they need to recast Superman, Henry is good at it and can be terrific
Yes, I agree.
But, since Batman will be taking place in a different universe, where he is younger.
Having the same Superman who faces Bruce when he was older, gets confusing.

But the main point, I was trying to make was to focus on other DC Characters, and not just Batman Characters. Have the new batman trilogy introduce characters other than the Batman Gallery

3 months ago '04        #30
Snipper 14 heat pts14
space
space
 killinemsoftly said
You’re mad at Batman characters in a Batman movie?
yes, because they have already done a lot of batman characters.
have the universe open, and have batman get help from Constantine or Green Arrow, or some other DC character.

Home      

top in section
online now  30
21 comments
top in movies
top in section
online now  22
33 comments
top in games
top in section
online now  11
27 comments
top in tech

most viewed right now
online now  61
but the girl on the right can get it!!!!
89 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  38
Video inside Kevin Gates beef and persona explained........
100 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  30
Image(s) inside Mia Upper - PAWG
49 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  23
Video inside Beyonce's ex drummer: She practices extreme witchcraft and casts spells
95 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside Everybody will be able to get the Yeezy 350 V2 Triple White
56 comments
22 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  17
NBA YOOO JIMMY BUTLER gets EXPOSED OFFICIALLY for SLEEPING with KAT GIRLFRIEND..
75 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  16
Image(s) inside Sep 21 - Amazon reportedly plants fake packages as a trap for drivers
69 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside New Chucky First Look Photo from Child’s Play Remake Released
67 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy