squad up!

Halloween director explains why film ignores previous sequels

view the rest of most viewed

most viewed right now
65 comments
@thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 months ago '06        #1
1791 page views
27 comments

SM 39669 heat pts39669
space
space
space
$136,689 | Props total: 99641 99641
Halloween director explains why film ignores previous sequels

The new Halloween film (out Oct. 19) does not entirely ignore the mythology established in the sequels which followed John Carpenter’s original 1978 slasher classic. That is evidenced in the movie’s just-released trailer which finds characters discussing the rumor that Laurie Strode is the sister of masked k!ller Michael Myers, a familial relationship which was only revealed in 1981’s Halloween II.

“Wasn’t it her brother that murdered all those babysitters?”

“No, it was not her brother. That’s something that people made up.”

For the most part, however, director David Gordon Green’s new entry in the iconic horror franchise will pretend the events of the many previous sequels never happened.

“We watched all of them and I can actually enjoy all of them,” Green said, when EW visited the set of Halloween earlier this year. “But there just felt like such a simple truth to the original. I think by the time you add Michael and Laurie’s relationship, being family, or he’s only hunting his family, it takes that ‘Boogeyman’ out of it. I want everyone to be afraid of him. The first one really had that anonymity to who he was. [We are] stripping down the backstory, and philosophy, and motivation, and, you know, themes of cults, and things like that. In this one, we’re trying to go bare bones and tell a horrifying story of questions that have no answers. It’s just bad s— that happens.”

visit this link http://ew.com/movies/2018 .. loween-sequel/

27 comments for "Halloween director explains why film ignores previous sequels"

4 months ago '12        #2
Thworldisyours 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,183 | Props total: 21130 21130

[video - click to view]

Never forget

4 months ago '11        #3
bonez79 104 heat pts104
space
space
$13,085 | Props total: 15288 15288
The Curse of Michael Myers is my GOAT Halloween movie.

4 months ago '14        #4
thumpa119 8 heat pts
space
space
$877 | Props total: 794 794
How does it ignore every halloween sequel when they leave Easter eggs to make you remember�������� they show the silver shamrock masks from season of the witch

4 months ago '14        #5
Bill Wallace 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$5,264 | Props total: 10331 10331
 bonez79 said
The Curse of Michael Myers is my GOAT Halloween movie.
First Halloween I watched in the theatres when I was a kid...just recently copped this

[pic - click to view]

Can't wait to see sh*t in HD....havent watched it yet tho

4 months ago '04        #6
Miami 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,276 | Props total: 2369 2369
the director is basically saying in the article that michael myers is scarier when you don't know his backstory, which ups the suspense. def one of the good things of the first halloween movie. the trailer looks dope though. we'll see how this turns out

4 months ago '18        #7
Bloodpantha 
space
space
space
$377 | Props total: 335 335
Fredro starr was just cast in this

4 months ago '04        #8
realkilla3 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,335 | Props total: 7227 7227
I might need to go back and really watch that first one because in my mind I remember always Knowing he was her brother...hell the movie starts with him k!lling everyone in the house then goes straight to her as a teen. Like who the fu*k did people think she was? I'm lost and wish they would stop trying to undo history..we already seen those movies we can't unsee them idiots.

4 months ago '04        #9
Grisly 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,676 | Props total: 5216 5216
 realkilla3 said
I might need to go back and really watch that first one because in my mind I remember always Knowing he was her brother...hell the movie starts with him k!lling everyone in the house then goes straight to her as a teen. Like who the fu*k did people think she was? I'm lost and wish they would stop trying to undo history..we already seen those movies we can't unsee them idiots.
right?
same sh*t i was thinking

if you dont realize he k!lled his own family and saved the baby, then came back for his sister (the baby) after the first movie, you might just be a fu*king idiot lol

4 months ago '12        #10
OldBusiness 169 heat pts169
space
space
$25,985 | Props total: 36408 36408
 Grisly said
right?
same sh*t i was thinking

if you dont realize he k!lled his own family and saved the baby, then came back for his sister (the baby) after the first movie, you might just be a fu*king idiot lol
 realkilla3 said
This movie only picks up after the first 2 OG Halloween movies tho right?

I hope what they mean is the on screen characters i.e. the n*ggas in the neighborhood where it happens and such don't know, but we the viewer know the entire time.

4 months ago '04        #11
GodsFavorite 106 heat pts106
space
space
space
$9,507 | Props total: 4253 4253
 Miami said
the director is basically saying in the article that michael myers is scarier when you don't know his backstory, which ups the suspense. def one of the good things of the first halloween movie. the trailer looks dope though. we'll see how this turns out
Agreed. I haaate all the modern day reboots that show the serial k!llers as abused children etc. They are scarier without a real motive

DGG is a trash director though so I got low hopes

4 months ago '14        #12
Bill Wallace 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$5,264 | Props total: 10331 10331
 OldBusiness said
This movie only picks up after the first 2 OG Halloween movies tho right?

I hope what they mean is the on screen characters i.e. the n*ggas in the neighborhood where it happens and such don't know, but we the viewer know the entire time.
Nah they're ignoring everything after part 1 now...lame cause pt 2 was just as much a classic as the first and legit feels/looks like the 1st.

4 months ago '12        #13
space
space
 Bill Wallace said
Nah they're ignoring everything after part 1 now...lame cause pt 2 was just as much a classic as the first and legit feels/looks like the 1st.
But weren't part 1 and 2 shot together and really one long a.ss film? Imo part 1 can't exist without the sequel

4 months ago '11        #14
pbballin 22 heat pts22
space
space
$10,366 | Props total: 2631 2631
Pt 2 might've been my favorite Halloween movie, they should've just ignored everything after Pt 2. I won't even speak on Halloween 3

Part 4 and 5 were OKAY, just that little girl Jamie(I'd smash today) got on my damn nerves. Part 6 Producers cut might've been the worst endings

4 months ago '09        #15
NastyNate825 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$702 | Props total: 2473 2473

[video - click to view]

4 months ago '17        #16
BXSPAGHETT 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,906 | Props total: 2173 2173
This feels more like a diss to Rob Zombie

4 months ago '05        #17
hitman80v2.0 52 heat pts52
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 146 146
 Bill Wallace said
First Halloween I watched in the theatres when I was a kid...just recently copped this

[pic - click to view]

Can't wait to see sh*t in HD....havent watched it yet tho

Man I watched that years ago. I even had one e of the original copies on dvd before the HD. There is so much stuff added to that version of the movie that was cut from the original that it's almost like watching a whole new different movie!

4 months ago '05        #18
pnoi89 14 heat pts14
space
space
$12,304 | Props total: 6973 6973
 thumpa119 said
How does it ignore every halloween sequel when they leave Easter eggs to make you remember�������� they show the silver shamrock masks from season of the witch
It means the story line for any movie between the original and this one doesn't exist.

Season of the Witch doesn't exist in any of the Michael Myers timelines and vice versa... So it's just an Easter egg.

4 months ago '12        #19
space
space
 OldBusiness said
But weren't part 1 and 2 shot together and really one long a.ss film? Imo part 1 can't exist without the sequel

Part 2 came out years later... It just feels like it's one long movie.

Part 2 was also the movie that introduced the plot point of Jamie Lee Curtis being his sister, to explain why he would keep trying to k!ll her. In the original, he has no motive. He's just k!lling randoms.

To make things more confusing, they filmed and added new scenes to Part 1 years later for the TV version that say Michael is her brother.

That was the first version I saw as a kid so I always thought he was supposed to be her brother but that wasn't the original concept...

4 months ago '12        #20
space
space
 Thworldisyours said
Part 2 came out years later... It just feels like it's one long movie.

Part 2 was also the movie that introduced the plot point of Jamie Lee Curtis being his sister, to explain why he would keep trying to k!ll her. In the original, he has no motive. He's just k!lling randoms.

To make things more confusing, they filmed and added new scenes to Part 1 years later for the TV version that say Michael is her brother.

That was the first version I saw as a kid so I always thought he was supposed to be her brother but that wasn't the original concept...

Nope. The TV edits had nothing to do with revising the plot or including the part about the two of them being sister/brother. That was added into part 2 as part of the twist

The TV edits literally were her in a bath towel, and the scene where we get to see Loomis counseling the kid about fooling everyone or w/e.

Part 2 is where they flipped that switch, they even changed his age

4 months ago '07        #21
IFuckedUrMom 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,114 | Props total: 4422 4422
Michael only followed Lori originally because she walked up the door & left the house key since her dad was the realtor for the property. He probably thinking “who the fu*k this bi*ch think she is?” & eventually murked her & her stupid friends.

I mean if u think about it, the whole lori’s his sister angle was kinda dumb. I mean who as a father (step father in this case) sends their adopted daughter to drop off the key for the house to be sold? The same house that hasn’t been lived in since YOUR SISTER was murdered there?

Why would they allow her to live in the same town where people know what happened but nobody tells Lori the truth about her family’s past?

4 months ago '09        #22
dweezy 
space
space
$520 | Props total: 406 406
 Ifu*kedUrMom said
Michael only followed Lori originally because she walked up the door & left the house key since her dad was the realtor for the property. He probably thinking “who the fu*k this bi*ch think she is?” & eventually murked her & her stupid friends.

I mean if u think about it, the whole lori’s his sister angle was kinda dumb. I mean who as a father (step father in this case) sends their adopted daughter to drop off the key for the house to be sold? The same house that hasn’t been lived in since YOUR SISTER was murdered there?

Why would they allow her to live in the same town where people know what happened but nobody tells Lori the truth about her family’s past?
I only people who knew about lori past was her step parents and the sheriff

4 months ago '12        #23
space
space
 OldBusiness said
Nope. The TV edits had nothing to do with revising the plot or including the part about the two of them being sister/brother. That was added into part 2 as part of the twist

The TV edits literally were her in a bath towel, and the scene where we get to see Loomis counseling the kid about fooling everyone or w/e.

Part 2 is where they flipped that switch, they even changed his age

[video - click to view]

I always interpreted that as he's going after his other sister now.

Especially since they filmed those extra scenes the same time they filmed Halloween 2.

4 months ago '12        #24
space
space
 Thworldisyours said

I always interpreted that as he's going after his other sister now.

Especially since they filmed those extra scenes the same time they filmed Halloween 2.
The tv edits were done because back then they had to be a certain length to get played commercial free. So they filmed like 10 minutes extra of him talking to Mike, her in a robe and she even had a different hair color or some sh*t and a scene with the trick or treaters

They did do some edits to PART 2 where they flipped that switch during her coma like dream sequence remember.

Where shes a little girl and the lady yells I'm not your mother then they show Mike as a kid in the chair

4 months ago '04        #25
tnice 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 6556 6556
 realkilla3 said

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pete Davidson sent Mac Miller intimate pictures of Ariana Grande days ..
122 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Big T!t Backpage M!lf
65 comments
8 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Husband catches wife creeping by accident searching on Google Maps for..
33 comments
7 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Look Like Sauce Walka And Offset Beefin
27 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Ohh sh-t the Vic mensa XXX diss just dropped and he straight bodied X S..
142 comments
8 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Wack gets exposed calling Game a fake banger!!SMH!
77 comments
8 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Oct 16 - philadelphia - 200 students brawl outside mcdonalds
37 comments
7 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Oct 16 - Breaking news! Youtube down for the count. stay tuned
60 comments
9 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside bilge not mary 👀
21 comments
8 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This my type
24 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Shakur Stevenson giving Tank Davis that work
11 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING NEWS: YouTube Is DOWN WORLDWIDE!
92 comments
9 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Does yella beezy think it’s over?
65 comments
9 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The “Order” is going after Zion
27 comments
10 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 16 - Man gets 6 month in jail for hitting it doggy style
29 comments
9 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside What gang did #bowwow join⁉️
38 comments
9 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA This just might be the GOAT NBA season tip-off photo
38 comments
8 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA KD shows off his Championship Ring
10 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Deray just roasted that fuc nigga drake haaaa bet awards
37 comments
9 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 16 - Ted Cruz went full Trump and Beto let him have it
20 comments
7 hours ago
@news
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
foshoVoodoo
bird call
The Watcher
Yung Dilla
Rule 336
Illuminati 8ob
youngmic
Broseph Stalin
NY Knicka
messy marv stan
Top 10 most slapped recently
StillNigga
Yung Dilla
foshoVoodoo
-The Snitch-
BlackDynamite
Take Care
Exs
NinetyThree94
Flippa Huxtable
suavehooper

most viewed right now
online now  18
NBA Steph currys wife want the "eggplant"
92 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  18
Image(s) inside Brazilian Puerto Rican Hybrid. I Almost Nutted Twice Making This Thread
101 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside They're paying people $10,000 to cross this bridge 💸
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  8
Drake links up with Jessica Alba
94 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  6
Freddie got fingered!
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside Them thangs sitting HEAVY!
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside Time to address the Elephant in the room. Rap music is poisoning our y..
253 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Lowered my Model 3
41 comments
1 day ago
@rides
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy