Halloween director explains why film ignores previous sequels

most viewed right now
38 comments @thotties
most viewed right now
6 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

7 months ago '06        #1
1852 page views
27 comments

SM 40068 heat pts40068
space
space
space
$137,937 | Props total: 107197 107197
Halloween director explains why film ignores previous sequels

The new Halloween film (out Oct. 19) does not entirely ignore the mythology established in the sequels which followed John Carpenter’s original 1978 slasher classic. That is evidenced in the movie’s just-released trailer which finds characters discussing the rumor that Laurie Strode is the sister of masked k!ller Michael Myers, a familial relationship which was only revealed in 1981’s Halloween II.

“Wasn’t it her brother that murdered all those babysitters?”

“No, it was not her brother. That’s something that people made up.”

For the most part, however, director David Gordon Green’s new entry in the iconic horror franchise will pretend the events of the many previous sequels never happened.

“We watched all of them and I can actually enjoy all of them,” Green said, when EW visited the set of Halloween earlier this year. “But there just felt like such a simple truth to the original. I think by the time you add Michael and Laurie’s relationship, being family, or he’s only hunting his family, it takes that ‘Boogeyman’ out of it. I want everyone to be afraid of him. The first one really had that anonymity to who he was. [We are] stripping down the backstory, and philosophy, and motivation, and, you know, themes of cults, and things like that. In this one, we’re trying to go bare bones and tell a horrifying story of questions that have no answers. It’s just bad s— that happens.”

visit this link http://ew.com/movies/2018 .. loween-sequel/

27 comments for "Halloween director explains why film ignores previous sequels"

7 months ago '12        #2
Thworldisyours 62 heat pts62
space
space
$9,648 | Props total: 22088 22088

[video - click to view]

Never forget

7 months ago '11        #3
bonez79 128 heat pts128
space
space
$13,824 | Props total: 17326 17326
The Curse of Michael Myers is my GOAT Halloween movie.

7 months ago '14        #4
thumpa119 8 heat pts
space
space
$936 | Props total: 892 892
How does it ignore every halloween sequel when they leave Easter eggs to make you remember�������� they show the silver shamrock masks from season of the witch

7 months ago '14        #5
Bill Wallace 105 heat pts105
space
space
$5,591 | Props total: 11302 11302
 bonez79 said
The Curse of Michael Myers is my GOAT Halloween movie.
First Halloween I watched in the theatres when I was a kid...just recently copped this

[pic - click to view]

Can't wait to see sh*t in HD....havent watched it yet tho

7 months ago '04        #6
Miami 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,314 | Props total: 2498 2498
the director is basically saying in the article that michael myers is scarier when you don't know his backstory, which ups the suspense. def one of the good things of the first halloween movie. the trailer looks dope though. we'll see how this turns out

7 months ago '18        #7
Bloodpantha 
space
space
space
$497 | Props total: 572 572
Fredro starr was just cast in this

7 months ago '04        #8
realkilla3 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,612 | Props total: 8237 8237
I might need to go back and really watch that first one because in my mind I remember always Knowing he was her brother...hell the movie starts with him k!lling everyone in the house then goes straight to her as a teen. Like who the fu*k did people think she was? I'm lost and wish they would stop trying to undo history..we already seen those movies we can't unsee them idiots.

7 months ago '04        #9
Grisly 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,859 | Props total: 5597 5597
 realkilla3 said
I might need to go back and really watch that first one because in my mind I remember always Knowing he was her brother...hell the movie starts with him k!lling everyone in the house then goes straight to her as a teen. Like who the fu*k did people think she was? I'm lost and wish they would stop trying to undo history..we already seen those movies we can't unsee them idiots.
right?
same sh*t i was thinking

if you dont realize he k!lled his own family and saved the baby, then came back for his sister (the baby) after the first movie, you might just be a fu*king idiot lol

7 months ago '12        #10
OldBusiness 173 heat pts173
space
space
$27,838 | Props total: 44611 44611
 Grisly said
right?
same sh*t i was thinking

if you dont realize he k!lled his own family and saved the baby, then came back for his sister (the baby) after the first movie, you might just be a fu*king idiot lol
 realkilla3 said
This movie only picks up after the first 2 OG Halloween movies tho right?

I hope what they mean is the on screen characters i.e. the n*ggas in the neighborhood where it happens and such don't know, but we the viewer know the entire time.

7 months ago '04        #11
GodsFavorite 106 heat pts106
space
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 4344 4344
 Miami said
the director is basically saying in the article that michael myers is scarier when you don't know his backstory, which ups the suspense. def one of the good things of the first halloween movie. the trailer looks dope though. we'll see how this turns out
Agreed. I haaate all the modern day reboots that show the serial k!llers as abused children etc. They are scarier without a real motive

DGG is a trash director though so I got low hopes

7 months ago '14        #12
Bill Wallace 105 heat pts105
space
space
$5,591 | Props total: 11302 11302
 OldBusiness said
This movie only picks up after the first 2 OG Halloween movies tho right?

I hope what they mean is the on screen characters i.e. the n*ggas in the neighborhood where it happens and such don't know, but we the viewer know the entire time.
Nah they're ignoring everything after part 1 now...lame cause pt 2 was just as much a classic as the first and legit feels/looks like the 1st.

7 months ago '12        #13
space
space
 Bill Wallace said
Nah they're ignoring everything after part 1 now...lame cause pt 2 was just as much a classic as the first and legit feels/looks like the 1st.
But weren't part 1 and 2 shot together and really one long a.ss film? Imo part 1 can't exist without the sequel

7 months ago '11        #14
pbballin 22 heat pts22
space
space
$10,465 | Props total: 3015 3015
Pt 2 might've been my favorite Halloween movie, they should've just ignored everything after Pt 2. I won't even speak on Halloween 3

Part 4 and 5 were OKAY, just that little girl Jamie(I'd smash today) got on my damn nerves. Part 6 Producers cut might've been the worst endings

7 months ago '09        #15
NastyNate825 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$709 | Props total: 2485 2485

[video - click to view]

7 months ago '17        #16
BXSPAGHETT 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,245 | Props total: 2689 2689
This feels more like a diss to Rob Zombie

7 months ago '05        #17
hitman80v2.0 53 heat pts53
space
space
$1,639 | Props total: 157 157
 Bill Wallace said
First Halloween I watched in the theatres when I was a kid...just recently copped this

[pic - click to view]

Can't wait to see sh*t in HD....havent watched it yet tho

Man I watched that years ago. I even had one e of the original copies on dvd before the HD. There is so much stuff added to that version of the movie that was cut from the original that it's almost like watching a whole new different movie!

7 months ago '05        #18
pnoi89 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,693 | Props total: 7787 7787
 thumpa119 said
How does it ignore every halloween sequel when they leave Easter eggs to make you remember�������� they show the silver shamrock masks from season of the witch
It means the story line for any movie between the original and this one doesn't exist.

Season of the Witch doesn't exist in any of the Michael Myers timelines and vice versa... So it's just an Easter egg.

7 months ago '12        #19
space
space
 OldBusiness said
But weren't part 1 and 2 shot together and really one long a.ss film? Imo part 1 can't exist without the sequel

Part 2 came out years later... It just feels like it's one long movie.

Part 2 was also the movie that introduced the plot point of Jamie Lee Curtis being his sister, to explain why he would keep trying to k!ll her. In the original, he has no motive. He's just k!lling randoms.

To make things more confusing, they filmed and added new scenes to Part 1 years later for the TV version that say Michael is her brother.

That was the first version I saw as a kid so I always thought he was supposed to be her brother but that wasn't the original concept...

7 months ago '12        #20
space
space
 Thworldisyours said
Part 2 came out years later... It just feels like it's one long movie.

Part 2 was also the movie that introduced the plot point of Jamie Lee Curtis being his sister, to explain why he would keep trying to k!ll her. In the original, he has no motive. He's just k!lling randoms.

To make things more confusing, they filmed and added new scenes to Part 1 years later for the TV version that say Michael is her brother.

That was the first version I saw as a kid so I always thought he was supposed to be her brother but that wasn't the original concept...

Nope. The TV edits had nothing to do with revising the plot or including the part about the two of them being sister/brother. That was added into part 2 as part of the twist

The TV edits literally were her in a bath towel, and the scene where we get to see Loomis counseling the kid about fooling everyone or w/e.

Part 2 is where they flipped that switch, they even changed his age

7 months ago '07        #21
IFuckedUrMom 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,172 | Props total: 4575 4575
Michael only followed Lori originally because she walked up the door & left the house key since her dad was the realtor for the property. He probably thinking “who the fu*k this bi*ch think she is?” & eventually murked her & her stupid friends.

I mean if u think about it, the whole lori’s his sister angle was kinda dumb. I mean who as a father (step father in this case) sends their adopted daughter to drop off the key for the house to be sold? The same house that hasn’t been lived in since YOUR SISTER was murdered there?

Why would they allow her to live in the same town where people know what happened but nobody tells Lori the truth about her family’s past?

7 months ago '09        #22
dweezy 
space
space
$534 | Props total: 428 428
 Ifu*kedUrMom said
Michael only followed Lori originally because she walked up the door & left the house key since her dad was the realtor for the property. He probably thinking “who the fu*k this bi*ch think she is?” & eventually murked her & her stupid friends.

I mean if u think about it, the whole lori’s his sister angle was kinda dumb. I mean who as a father (step father in this case) sends their adopted daughter to drop off the key for the house to be sold? The same house that hasn’t been lived in since YOUR SISTER was murdered there?

Why would they allow her to live in the same town where people know what happened but nobody tells Lori the truth about her family’s past?
I only people who knew about lori past was her step parents and the sheriff

7 months ago '12        #23
space
space
 OldBusiness said
Nope. The TV edits had nothing to do with revising the plot or including the part about the two of them being sister/brother. That was added into part 2 as part of the twist

The TV edits literally were her in a bath towel, and the scene where we get to see Loomis counseling the kid about fooling everyone or w/e.

Part 2 is where they flipped that switch, they even changed his age

[video - click to view]

I always interpreted that as he's going after his other sister now.

Especially since they filmed those extra scenes the same time they filmed Halloween 2.

7 months ago '12        #24
space
space
 Thworldisyours said

I always interpreted that as he's going after his other sister now.

Especially since they filmed those extra scenes the same time they filmed Halloween 2.
The tv edits were done because back then they had to be a certain length to get played commercial free. So they filmed like 10 minutes extra of him talking to Mike, her in a robe and she even had a different hair color or some sh*t and a scene with the trick or treaters

They did do some edits to PART 2 where they flipped that switch during her coma like dream sequence remember.

Where shes a little girl and the lady yells I'm not your mother then they show Mike as a kid in the chair

7 months ago '04        #25
tnice 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,548 | Props total: 7538 7538
 realkilla3 said

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
+50online now  29
Video inside HBO Prison Movie O.G. Starring Jeffrey Wright
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+97online now  25
Image(s) inside Yasmina 🍑😍
39 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+255online now  22
The most slappable face of 2019 :popfoh:
403 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+16online now  15
Image(s) inside Leslie Jones Attacks Jason Reitman’s ‘Ghostbusters’ Sequel
146 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+54online now  12
Image(s) inside REDBONE/LIGHTSKIN BIh CUTE AF CUH! smh
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+71online now  11
ULTRAAAAAAAAA (old heads enter)
77 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
-17online now  7
Video inside Cash me ousside’ girl signs $900K beauty contract, 2 years after infamo..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+51online now  6
Image(s) inside Joe Budden RESPONDS To FUTURE After Joe Deny Em A Interview "I Don't R..
178 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy