Halloween director explains why film ignores previous sequels

sponsored links

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 months ago '06        #1
1740 page views
27 comments

SM 39495 heat pts39495
space
space
space
$136,129 | Props total: 96600 96600
Halloween director explains why film ignores previous sequels

The new Halloween film (out Oct. 19) does not entirely ignore the mythology established in the sequels which followed John Carpenter’s original 1978 slasher classic. That is evidenced in the movie’s just-released trailer which finds characters discussing the rumor that Laurie Strode is the sister of masked k!ller Michael Myers, a familial relationship which was only revealed in 1981’s Halloween II.

“Wasn’t it her brother that murdered all those babysitters?”

“No, it was not her brother. That’s something that people made up.”

For the most part, however, director David Gordon Green’s new entry in the iconic horror franchise will pretend the events of the many previous sequels never happened.

“We watched all of them and I can actually enjoy all of them,” Green said, when EW visited the set of Halloween earlier this year. “But there just felt like such a simple truth to the original. I think by the time you add Michael and Laurie’s relationship, being family, or he’s only hunting his family, it takes that ‘Boogeyman’ out of it. I want everyone to be afraid of him. The first one really had that anonymity to who he was. [We are] stripping down the backstory, and philosophy, and motivation, and, you know, themes of cults, and things like that. In this one, we’re trying to go bare bones and tell a horrifying story of questions that have no answers. It’s just bad s— that happens.”

visit this link http://ew.com/movies/2018 .. loween-sequel/
hot topic and 13 others gave props

007imayeseekay slapped this ish

27 comments for "Halloween director explains why film ignores previous sequels"
 2 months ago '12        #2
Thworldisyours 55 heat pts55
space
space
$9,001 | Props total: 20454 20454

[video - click to view]

Never forget
dymablink and 36 others gave props

2 months ago '11        #3
bonez79 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,698 | Props total: 14256 14256
The Curse of Michael Myers is my GOAT Halloween movie.
ham made and 8 others gave props

thumpa119 and 3 others slapped this ish

2 months ago '14        #4
thumpa119 8 heat pts
space
space
$860 | Props total: 763 763
How does it ignore every halloween sequel when they leave Easter eggs to make you remember�������� they show the silver shamrock masks from season of the witch
Scooby4224 and 4 others gave props

2 months ago '14        #5
Bill Wallace 82 heat pts82
space
space
space
$4,972 | Props total: 9577 9577
 bonez79 said:
The Curse of Michael Myers is my GOAT Halloween movie.
First Halloween I watched in the theatres when I was a kid...just recently copped this

[pic - click to view]

Can't wait to see sh*t in HD....havent watched it yet tho
icebergfrancis and 8 others gave props

2 months ago '04        #6
Miami 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,224 | Props total: 2211 2211
the director is basically saying in the article that michael myers is scarier when you don't know his backstory, which ups the suspense. def one of the good things of the first halloween movie. the trailer looks dope though. we'll see how this turns out
Prjhov03 and 3 others gave props

2 months ago '18        #7
Bloodpantha 
space
space
space
$265 | Props total: 248 248
Fredro starr was just cast in this
D1nOnlyMrM@ and 2 others gave props

KobeThompson and 1 others slapped this ish

2 months ago '04        #8
realkilla3 
space
space
$3,790 | Props total: 4493 4493
I might need to go back and really watch that first one because in my mind I remember always Knowing he was her brother...hell the movie starts with him k!lling everyone in the house then goes straight to her as a teen. Like who the fu*k did people think she was? I'm lost and wish they would stop trying to undo history..we already seen those movies we can't unsee them idiots.
PhilthyRich and 8 others gave props

2 months ago '04        #9
Grisly 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,388 | Props total: 4377 4377
 realkilla3 said:
I might need to go back and really watch that first one because in my mind I remember always Knowing he was her brother...hell the movie starts with him k!lling everyone in the house then goes straight to her as a teen. Like who the fu*k did people think she was? I'm lost and wish they would stop trying to undo history..we already seen those movies we can't unsee them idiots.
right?
same sh*t i was thinking

if you dont realize he k!lled his own family and saved the baby, then came back for his sister (the baby) after the first movie, you might just be a fu*king idiot lol
bernmac and 5 others gave props

2 months ago '12        #10
OldBusiness 165 heat pts165
space
space
$25,196 | Props total: 33577 33577
 Grisly said:
right?
same sh*t i was thinking

if you dont realize he k!lled his own family and saved the baby, then came back for his sister (the baby) after the first movie, you might just be a fu*king idiot lol
 realkilla3 said:
This movie only picks up after the first 2 OG Halloween movies tho right?

I hope what they mean is the on screen characters i.e. the n*ggas in the neighborhood where it happens and such don't know, but we the viewer know the entire time.
 2 months ago '04        #11
GodsFavorite 105 heat pts105
space
space
space
$9,420 | Props total: 4099 4099
 Miami said:
the director is basically saying in the article that michael myers is scarier when you don't know his backstory, which ups the suspense. def one of the good things of the first halloween movie. the trailer looks dope though. we'll see how this turns out
Agreed. I haaate all the modern day reboots that show the serial k!llers as abused children etc. They are scarier without a real motive

DGG is a trash director though so I got low hopes
Miami and 1 others gave props

2 months ago '14        #12
Bill Wallace 82 heat pts82
space
space
space
$4,972 | Props total: 9577 9577
 OldBusiness said:
This movie only picks up after the first 2 OG Halloween movies tho right?

I hope what they mean is the on screen characters i.e. the n*ggas in the neighborhood where it happens and such don't know, but we the viewer know the entire time.
Nah they're ignoring everything after part 1 now...lame cause pt 2 was just as much a classic as the first and legit feels/looks like the 1st.
Miami gave props

2 months ago '12        #13
space
space
 Bill Wallace said:
Nah they're ignoring everything after part 1 now...lame cause pt 2 was just as much a classic as the first and legit feels/looks like the 1st.
But weren't part 1 and 2 shot together and really one long a.ss film? Imo part 1 can't exist without the sequel
 2 months ago '11        #14
pbballin 22 heat pts22
space
space
$10,316 | Props total: 2501 2501
Pt 2 might've been my favorite Halloween movie, they should've just ignored everything after Pt 2. I won't even speak on Halloween 3

Part 4 and 5 were OKAY, just that little girl Jamie(I'd smash today) got on my damn nerves. Part 6 Producers cut might've been the worst endings
 2 months ago '09        #15
NastyNate825 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$700 | Props total: 2473 2473

[video - click to view]

Nasir82 and 4 others gave props

2 months ago '17        #16
BXSPAGHETT 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 1665 1665
This feels more like a diss to Rob Zombie
kingjab7542 and 3 others gave props

2 months ago '05        #17
hitman80v2.0 52 heat pts52
space
space
$1,636 | Props total: 140 140
 Bill Wallace said:
First Halloween I watched in the theatres when I was a kid...just recently copped this

[pic - click to view]

Can't wait to see sh*t in HD....havent watched it yet tho

Man I watched that years ago. I even had one e of the original copies on dvd before the HD. There is so much stuff added to that version of the movie that was cut from the original that it's almost like watching a whole new different movie!
 2 months ago '05        #18
pnoi89 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,197 | Props total: 6670 6670
 thumpa119 said:
How does it ignore every halloween sequel when they leave Easter eggs to make you remember�������� they show the silver shamrock masks from season of the witch
It means the story line for any movie between the original and this one doesn't exist.

Season of the Witch doesn't exist in any of the Michael Myers timelines and vice versa... So it's just an Easter egg.
 2 months ago '12        #19
Thworldisyours 55 heat pts55
space
space
$9,001 | Props total: 20454 20454
 OldBusiness said:
But weren't part 1 and 2 shot together and really one long a.ss film? Imo part 1 can't exist without the sequel

Part 2 came out years later... It just feels like it's one long movie.

Part 2 was also the movie that introduced the plot point of Jamie Lee Curtis being his sister, to explain why he would keep trying to k!ll her. In the original, he has no motive. He's just k!lling randoms.

To make things more confusing, they filmed and added new scenes to Part 1 years later for the TV version that say Michael is her brother.

That was the first version I saw as a kid so I always thought he was supposed to be her brother but that wasn't the original concept...
krissow gave props

2 months ago '12        #20
space
space
 Thworldisyours said:
Part 2 came out years later... It just feels like it's one long movie.

Part 2 was also the movie that introduced the plot point of Jamie Lee Curtis being his sister, to explain why he would keep trying to k!ll her. In the original, he has no motive. He's just k!lling randoms.

To make things more confusing, they filmed and added new scenes to Part 1 years later for the TV version that say Michael is her brother.

That was the first version I saw as a kid so I always thought he was supposed to be her brother but that wasn't the original concept...

Nope. The TV edits had nothing to do with revising the plot or including the part about the two of them being sister/brother. That was added into part 2 as part of the twist

The TV edits literally were her in a bath towel, and the scene where we get to see Loomis counseling the kid about fooling everyone or w/e.

Part 2 is where they flipped that switch, they even changed his age
chief2842 gave props

U.B.HiRM slapped this ish

Home      

top in section
84 comments
top in hiphop
most viewed right now
13 comments
top in thotties
top in section
5 comments
top in wild'ish

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Toooooo thick????
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Iraq got their own version of Amber Rose, and she BAAAAAAAD!
53 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Japanese Gogo dancer with a nice *ss.
41 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The Story of Super Mario Bros. 2
22 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside the baddest, thickest White Girl on the gram
138 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Shawn: Biggie Got Robbed Because 2Pac Spoke To Haitian Jack
388 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nicki gives Cardi B The crown by default by screenshotting Joe Budden ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: 50 cent missing
46 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy