Notched Pixel 3 XL Confirmed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

6 months ago '07        #1
1966 page views
43 comments

Jago 1109 heat pts1109
space
space
space
$4,012 | Props total: 7326 7326
Notched Pixel 3 XL Confirmed

Did Google's next smartphone just get outed on a random XDA Forums post? Because that's sure what it looks like just happened. The two images below were posted on XDA last night, and well, they sure line up with what we know about the Pixel 3 XL so far. The front is a pretty dead-on match for that screen protector leak, and the rear definitely looks like a subtle evolution of the existing phone's design. There appears to be a new sensor to the right of the rear camera module, and the flash has been pushed out slightly to accommodate it.

That funny logo on the back is likely just an engineering watermark to obfuscate the prototype, but the codename 'crosshatch' in the bootloader is correct based upon what we know. We've been unable to verify the authenticity of these images with our own sources, so take them for what you will, but I'd be pretty surprised if we're not looking at Google's next phone here.

Other things that can be gleaned from the images? That's quite a substantial chin on the screen which, yuck, but it does look like we're keeping the stereo front-facing speakers (the edge of the bottom speaker is just barely visible). There are two front-facing cameras and I, for one, am hoping this is a sign of a Google-developed version of Face ID for secure unlocking. Existing face unlock methods on Android are all not considered secure enough for things like mobile payments, but given we know support for secure face unlock is coming to the OS, I wouldn't be surprised to see Google debut such a feature on its next smartphones.

The fact that Google is sticking with a single rear camera is interesting - I'd personally welcome a telephoto-style lens to augment the capabilities of the primary camera, though given the Pixel 2's wide advantage in still images, I bet Google's still going to find ways to wow us with a single camera on the new phone.
visit this link Is this the Pixel 3 XL? Two photos of what sure looks like Google's next phone

43 comments for "Notched Pixel 3 XL Confirmed"

6 months ago '07        #2
DIPSET101 30 heat pts30
space
space
$11,046 | Props total: 13974 13974

6 months ago '05        #3
Flatbush85 58 heat pts58
space
space
$15,201 | Props total: 3642 3642
The type of people who buy the Pixel phones are known notch haters. They better have a great deal with the carrier companies and aggressive marketing this go round.

6 months ago '04        #4
RatedQue 51 heat pts51
space
space
$3,950 | Props total: 1784 1784
DOA smh why cant I just get a fu*king galaxy with stock android smh

6 months ago '08        #5
popsjenkins 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,882 | Props total: 592 592
Dammit, I really do not like the notch, and I was holding out for the pixel 3. And based on the back, it looks like it won't have wireless charging. Very disappointing.

6 months ago '05        #6
C19932 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,799 | Props total: 91 91
 Flatbush85 said
The type of people who buy the Pixel phones are known notch haters. They better have a great deal with the carrier companies and aggressive marketing this go round.
true but they were only hating cause it was on an iphone. now that its on a pixel phone I doubt they will have a problem with it anymore

6 months ago '06        #7
realgunta 834 heat pts834
space
space
$25,942 | Props total: 43076 43076
a notch though?

6 months ago '17        #8
justin747 31 heat pts31
space
space
$7,329 | Props total: 35596 35596
 Flatbush85 said
Bingo

C19932 said
true but they were only hating cause it was on an iphone. now that its on a pixel phone I doubt they will have a problem with it anymore
Wrong. A notch is a dumb fu*kin design and I won't support it just because it's Google. I don't ever want a phone that looks like a car windshield

[pic - click to view]

Pixel/Android users aren't nearly as loyal as iPhone users because of the amount choices available. If you want the newest iOS device, you have no choice but to get an iPhone. If you want the newest Android device, you can buy LG/Sony/HTC/Samsung/OnePlus and others, and all of these companies have multiple phones

5 of my last 6 Android phones have been Pixels/Nexus, but they won't be getting a dime from me if this sh*t is real with the notch. I'll support whatever company makes a great phone without a notch, or I'll save my money and wait for the notch fad to die.

6 months ago '05        #9
white-chocolate 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,891 | Props total: 1819 1819
this pisses me off, really wanted this because my Note 8 has slowed to sh*t already and i'm trying to grab something other than a Samsung

6 months ago '09        #10
kickzrme 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,155 | Props total: 2670 2670
Y'all know in the software you can add the bar to the top of the screen to hide the notch right

6 months ago '06        #11
xastey 24 heat pts24
space
space
$6,509 | Props total: 2602 2602
Damn feel so outdated wtf is this notch I've been seeing.. is it just no bezel or what? Compare it to the Pixel Xl

6 months ago '07        #12
21 1583 heat pts1583
space
space
$63,003 | Props total: 68311 68311
 kickzrme said
Y'all know in the software you can add the bar to the top of the screen to hide the notch right
who the fu*k wants to have to do that?

6 months ago '07        #13
iswerve 170 heat pts170
space
space
$6,182 | Props total: 11565 11565
i hate the notch, hated it when i saw it on the iphone x, hated it when corny android handset makers started jumping on the notch bandwagon....but i still will be team pixel 3 xl come november, i guess i'll just have to take my L and get over it.

as long as it has a much better screen than last year, and a 256gb option, that pure android experience is worth it..

guess im a notch guy now, smh...i feel like the pros of the phone outweigh my hate for the notch

6 months ago '07        #14
iswerve 170 heat pts170
space
space
$6,182 | Props total: 11565 11565
 white-chocolate said
this pisses me off, really wanted this because my Note 8 has slowed to sh*t already and i'm trying to grab something other than a Samsung
see this is why i cant fux with samsung anymore...a still new note 8 already laggy? i bet the battery just be draining too randomly.

why wont samsung just give us a google play edition phone

6 months ago '05        #15
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,311 | Props total: 18337 18337
 iswerve said
see this is why i cant fux with samsung anymore...a still new note 8 already laggy? i bet the battery just be draining too randomly.

Because the vast majority of Galaxy owners don't want stock Android. Only nerds and tech geeks want a plain device from Samsung.

6 months ago '05        #16
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 21 said
Absolutely no reason to have the notch if you're going to have a bar that makes it invisible.

6 months ago '05        #17
DrDeath 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,142 | Props total: 5970 5970
 iswerve said

those galaxy nexus and google play edition phones were great. the only thing i like from the current galaxy line is the infinity display. other than that most samsung phones dont hold up well after 8mos-1yr of daily use. processer and battery are noticeably worse. then that touchwiz is complete trash compared to stock. just give me a pixel XL with an infinity display!

6 months ago '05        #18
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Drdeath said
those galaxy nexus and google play edition phones were great. the only thing i like from the current galaxy line is the infinity display. other than that most samsung phones dont hold up well after 8mos-1yr of daily use. processer and battery are noticeably worse. then that touchwiz is complete trash compared to stock. just give me a pixel XL with an infinity display!

@ @ @ are your Galaxies (S8+/S9+/Note 8/etc) not "holding up well?" Is the "processor and battery noticeable worse?" Do you prefer plain Android over Samsung Experience UI? To me this sounds like the talk of someone who probably hasn't owned a Galaxy since the Note 4.

6 months ago '07        #19
21 1583 heat pts1583
space
space
$63,003 | Props total: 68311 68311
 Y.G. said

@ @ @ are your Galaxies (S8+/S9+/Note 8/etc) not "holding up well?" Is the "processor and battery noticeable worse?" Do you prefer plain Android over Samsung Experience UI? To me this sounds like the talk of someone who probably hasn't owned a Galaxy since the Note 4.
uneducated folks still holding onto those old outdated misnomers

6 months ago '15        #20
redcodeinesyrup 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,610 | Props total: 2633 2633
 iswerve said
i hate the notch, hated it when i saw it on the iphone x, hated it when corny android handset makers started jumping on the notch bandwagon....but i still will be team pixel 3 xl come november, i guess i'll just have to take my L and get over it.

as long as it has a much better screen than last year, and a 256gb option, that pure android experience is worth it..

guess im a notch guy now, smh...i feel like the pros of the phone outweigh my hate for the notch
the thought process of android lovers.

blah blah blah apple copied android

blah blah blah android jumping on bandwagon of apple but im still riding

man yall fu*king lame.

of course android was going to do it. of course you were going to buy it

but when apple fans take this stance, the android lovers want to make jokes out of it.

6 months ago '09        #21
kickzrme 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,155 | Props total: 2670 2670
 21 said
My n*gga it's literally what Androids we're founded on...customization

Don't want the notch go get a Galaxy or a LG Huawei or whatever...but you know it won't be as good as a PURE Google device

6 months ago '05        #22
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 kickzrme said
My n*gga it's literally what Androids we're founded on...customization

Don't want the notch go get a Galaxy or a LG Huawei or whatever...but you know it won't be as good as a PURE Google device
Yet MKBHD ranked the Galaxy Note 8 as 2017's overall best phone.

6 months ago '16        #23
thelongdm 
space
space
space
$23 | Props total: 56 56
Im trying to upgrade from my Iphone 6plus and was hoping the pixel 3 would be the one, god damn these notch phones man

6 months ago '16        #24
Homer Pimpson 
space
space
$3,792 | Props total: 7846 7846

Follow the leader

The top is so much better than the bottom

6 months ago '05        #25
white-chocolate 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,891 | Props total: 1819 1819
 iswerve said

ya my battery went to sh*t after the 2nd update i believe.. it's happened on all my Note's except the Note 7.. that phone was the best

Home      

most viewed right now
+28online now  23
Video inside Would You Do The Shyt He's Doing In A Mall In Your City? 'Smash or Pass'
115 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+177online now  22
Image(s) inside Southern Belle Christina
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+45online now  16
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 4 "Reasonable Doubt"
32 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+63online now  11
Police called on Brothers playing a videogame and a fight ensues when they arr..
61 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside And the Curse of New York Continues...
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+29online now  8
Video inside R.Kelly responds to Jacquees king of RnB comment and he's letting the u..
82 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+153online now  6
Image(s) inside Htown Be Having Those Women
177 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+58online now  5
Music Video gets 20 niggas indicted